Keeping it Simple

Royal Rebel

1st 4 Week Challenge

Hello fellow Rebels, Royal Rebel here. I know that if I make this too complicated I will find a way to back out in the middle of it. So I've decided to keep it simple this time around. I'm hoping that with one completed challenge under my belt, I will have built up enough momentum to slowly start conquering my bigger goals. So here goes:

Diet:

•      Eat a vegetable with one meal a day (I hate vegetables!...But I WILL learn to like them)
  •      NO SODA (this won't be to hard. I already don't drink much of it, but I would like to complete weed it out from my diet)
  •      Replace 5 meals a week with a salad

Fitness:

•      Follow the muffintopless bikini body program and on listed rest days do at least interval training on the treadmill

Level Up Your Life:

•      Study a minimum of 1 hour a day (I'm in the middle of my second semester of community college)
  •      Start to keep track of my  daily spending habits and create a budget (any progress in this will count)

LET'S DO THIS !!!

• Like 1

Hey!

Looks like you've got a good plan. What does the muffintopless programme involve? Might be worth resting on rest days, or at least sticking to low-level cardio. Doing interval training when you should be resting won't allow your body to recover.

Anyway! Welcome! :)

Sundae

Welcome! 

Yes definitely want to make sure you actually rest so your muscles can recover/build.

Good luck finding vegetables you enjoy. I had a hard time as well! I realized I hated plain, boiled vegetables (corn, peas, carrots, broccoli, etc). So I started roasting my broccoli. Super easy and I usually can eat a whole bag in a day. Just gotta do some experimenting and investigating!

Here for support, good luck :)

Good luck with the veggies! I like to buy the frozen stir fry bagged veggies and lightly stir fry them (though my method is more like steaming...). I find them to be pretty tasty when warm, but still crisp. And I like to toss them rice or quinoa this way too. Let us know if you come across any recipes/prep methods you like!

Battle Log: PollyannaAgain's Log

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. ~Helen Keller

Problems are not the problem; coping is the problem. ~Virginia Satir

Hey!

Looks like you've got a good plan. What does the muffintopless programme involve? Might be worth resting on rest days, or at least sticking to low-level cardio. Doing interval training when you should be resting won't allow your body to recover.

Anyway! Welcome! :)

Sundae

It's mostly home workouts. Its not super strenuous the first month or so. Its twelve weeks total. I'm just really lazy. A rest day turns into a rest week. lol

Welcome! 

Yes definitely want to make sure you actually rest so your muscles can recover/build.

Good luck finding vegetables you enjoy. I had a hard time as well! I realized I hated plain, boiled vegetables (corn, peas, carrots, broccoli, etc). So I started roasting my broccoli. Super easy and I usually can eat a whole bag in a day. Just gotta do some experimenting and investigating!

Here for support, good luck :)

I have been trying various veggies and I've noticed that the ones I can tolerate are easier to eat raw. But I can definitely see where that can get boring in the future. I will look into roasting them thank you for the tip!

Good luck with the veggies! I like to buy the frozen stir fry bagged veggies and lightly stir fry them (though my method is more like steaming...). I find them to be pretty tasty when warm, but still crisp. And I like to toss them rice or quinoa this way too. Let us know if you come across any recipes/prep methods you like!

I will definitely let you know if I find one, hopefully it won't take too long. A friend of mine was raving about quinoa this past Saturday. I'm going to look into giving it a try.

So this first week was a mess! But that's ok. Im striving for progress right now, not perfection. The only part I really did well on was the no soda part. I had one Tiki Punch and a sip of Cola. Yay mee !!! (Gotta celebrate the little things too.) Tried a few bites of different veggies here and there. Learned I prefer them raw rather than cooked. Did not eat a salad this week, but I thought about it a lot! lol. Did a few at home work outs, but was in no way consistent. I was on spring break so I did not study this week.

This was a crazy busy week for me. Lots of church events in preparation for Azusa Now last Saturday.

I will do better this week.

Sounds like you're making headway to me! Definitely can't be perfect on these challenges overnight, otherwise they wouldn't be very good challenges! Good luck with your goals this week!

Battle Log: PollyannaAgain's Log

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. ~Helen Keller

Problems are not the problem; coping is the problem. ~Virginia Satir