• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Thom Stépan

Thom changes tactics to beat that effing troll

Well tickle my ass with a feather, Bec snd I actually went on a date. We went into town to our local pub and had a drink, of alcohol even. That was like maybe our fourth date ever. Our eldest (17) watched over her siblings, and we went out.

Ok we talked about the kids, and how odd it felt for us to be doing such a thing. How we want to get more involved in our community (we're both on the school's P8C committee). We chatted to the publican a bit. Then it started getting a bit too noisy, so we then headed up to the RSL club. There were a right pair of characters at the RSL. The barmaid was a bit of fun too. So the five of us had a some laughs and generally enjoyed ourselves. We were still home by 9.30pm but it was a great night out.

If Bec and I do nothing else this challenge, I will still call this part of it a resounding success. Take that you effing troll.

I have woken up at 3am and it is now 4.20, and I had to share this. Maybe I will be able to sleep again.

I am very happy.

Woden uses ravens, I use an iphone.

• Like 9

It was different, particularly in the evening. We have had coffee and lunches together before, whilst the kids are at school. But to go out at night with the kids at home? That was really quite different.

The cutest part was as we were getting ready my Emmy (9) put her hand under my chin and pushed my head up (I was sitting) and told me 'treat my mum right, or I will rip your head off'. I smiled, hugged her and said I would look after her mum. Ten minutes later she was asking if we could have our date at home, or if she could come with us. Because it wont be a proper date without children.

At least I got to sleep again after writing about it here. Until the kids woke me up this morning.

• Like 6

Today I have done half an hour of housework and a broadsword session. Two mornings in a row the kids have woken me up making meditation difficult. Must be school holidays.

• Like 2

I got put to my cold shed and meditated this morning. Woohoo.

This week's rune is Algiz or Eolhx-secg (Elks sedge)

This is the rune of protection. Modern Heathens often use it to ward our holy sites or ourselves. I use it this way at the start of every meditation session. As the equivalent of the strengthening of the aura techniques used by some, or the armour of God technique spoken of in the bible (Ephesians). Psychic protection, protecting the soul from all harm. The rune poem describes the plant the Anglo-Saxons called Elk's Sedge, and the dangers of grabbing it.

98d0dec083dfda40428d68e766b448d9.jpg

• Like 3

Yay! Date night! That is awesome and ohh my goodness your little ones *u* i love the pictures and sounds like you've got an adorable yet treacherous warrior on your hands! Sooo cute. <3

Kids are the best. Everything is new and genuine, what a treat to enjoy their personalities. I don't have my own (yet!) but seeing my youngest sister entering her teen years has been mindblowing. Poor thing. Lol.

• Like 1

I managed to do 2x10 incline pushups yesterday. I brushed Bec's hair last night as well.

I meditated again this morning that's twice this week.

I was reminded in meditation that holy places were often small islands of land in marshy areas, that were reached via narrow causeways through water plants; reeds, sedges and the like. We know from archaeological evidence sacrifices were made in these places, coins, weapons, animals and people. So here is a link between the plant and sacred sites or Ealhs in Old English.

• Like 4

Lazy start to my day today. I slept in, made my morning coffee and went back to bed and read for about an hour. Reading Throne of Glass, a decent read so far, I will probably get the rest of the series.

Had a rough couple of days. I had a couple of bourbon and cokes (the type of crap american bourbon that needs coke to make it drinkable) on my date. And sure enough, just like chocfest, 36-48 hours later I am having a violent-depressive episode. Fortunately only verbally violent but still not good. Bec and I were a bit more aware of what was actually going on this time, she said 'you had fucking sugar again' rightfully swearing at my aggressive dumbass. I stopped right then, refusing to speak, processing what was going on and sat in my shed and thought only. This is the third time that I can link a high sugar day to an aggressive depressive episode within two - three days. Now I know correlation doesn't always mean causation, but this is a definite pattern for my body.

• Like 3

So my lazy day was rather productive. I got a meditation in, did some housework, worked on an art project, picked up a cheap 2nd hand dishwasher, and an office chair for Bec.

• Like 2

I have just realised that I didn't do a week one summary. It is going to be a bit tricky with the way my challenge is written as I have not quantified anything yet, but here goes.

Broadsword

Three sessions in week one. I am happy with that.

Runic Meditation

3 sessions here, a bit lower than I would like but still okay.

Exercise goal

Not so good here. Maybe one set of incline pushups and one stretching session.

Getting stuff done

Yeah rocked this. Date night with Bec, brushed her hair, taking kids to cross country, couple of useful odd jobs done, some general housework, reading, a bit of crafting and a bit of study. Killed it here.

• Like 6

Glad you had a productive week. The insight about high sugar consumption and its effects on your mood and body seems like a pivotal realization. Important stuff any time we can figure out how the black dog gets to us. Knowledge is the power. 

• Like 2

Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard.

That is how my ex expanded upon the knowledge is power saying. She also used to say, 'its all fun and games until someone is decapitated by a chopstick.'

• Like 1

I got to this months markets. Woohoo!

I managed to get in a short broadsword session in before it started bucketing down with rain.

I also did 4 burpees.

• Like 7

Ok I don't know how we managed it, but last night all the kids stayed at their Granma's place. So Bec and I had a night alone. A bottle of wine, something nice for dinner, a treat in a small round of brie (Bec is willing to pay the price) and then we watch two movies; the final Hunger Games and Big Game. A great night.

• Like 9

So glad you had a nice night alone with Bec!

Sorry the bourbon and coke came back to bite. Good that you are learning and really good that you were able to work through the feelings. Keep fighting Thom. That troll is going down.

• Like 1

First date night and then a night at home without the kids???  Wonderful!  

And I always feel the after effects of alcohol!  I find it disrupts my sleep and I can almost feel it processing through my system...  YUCK!  

• Like 1