Hello,  I've been lurking nerd fitness for long number of months but have rarely ventured into the forums. Mistake! Honestly, it only occurred to me last night reading a bunch of Steve's blog posts that the Support and Community I'm aching for might very well exist right here. And it does! 

A little about me: I'm a 39 year old single woman living in Edmonton, Alberta in Canada. I started taking my fitness seriously when I broke up with my ex in early 2010. In the ensuing six years I've tried all manner of sport and activities from roller derby to yoga to weight lifting to HIIT. Last week I took a CrossFit class for the first time and *loved* it, so I've signed up for a month worth of two-times-a-week onboarding. Otherwise I've been trying to get to the gym every other day and have worked with a trainer - who is awesome. But I'm looking for a real challenge and something to really get my teeth into and that CrossFit class gave me an hint that it might be it. We shall see.

Weight wise - although I'd say I'm pretty fit and healthy, I'm also definitely overweight. And since there's nine months to my fortieth birthday I've made an  OverArchingLongTermGoalDealio  which is to lose forty pounds before I'm forty. I'm nervous about this because 1. I'm at my heaviest and 2. I already did a whole year of Losing Weight and managed to skim twenty three pounds from my frame, only to put it back on and a bit more in the tried and true fashion. Worst part? It was a good program that I was using and most of the habits I formed have stuck. I just....well, I have my foibles and I'm guessing that's what has contributed to the weight re-gain.

Foibles:

1. I'm a type one diabetic (which makes insulin, exercise, food balancing difficult)

2. I'm drink too much booze (self explanatory)

3. I've a history of eating disorders (just about all of them) and consequently I've been sorting through the emotional/psychological aspects of eating/weight/body image for years

4. I get bored really easily.

Think that's it, for the major ones anyway. 

So my plan is to sign up for the four week challenges and to start a "Battle Log" where I can chronicle, not just my workout and meals, but also capture thoughts and troubles and revelations that might occur over these next nine months. 

Thanks for having me here chaps!