RocketbikeNinja - you'll never hear me coming at 99 MPH

Perhaps not surprisingly, I'm doing this out of order.  After all, this is post #19 and I haven't really introduced myself (RUDE!)

I'm a 39 year old father of two, husband of one, friend of many.  I'm a Canadian (sorry about that.)  I'm good friends with SevenFootGeek and Sandylion (not sorry about that.)  

I'm a martial artist (shodan in goju ryu karate) and a weight lifter.  Former and future crossfitter.  Mud runner.  Swimmer.  And chasing my kids around the house pretty much rounds out my physical activity.

I suffered two herniated discs in my lower back when I was 30, and spent 5 years in pain.  I quickly learned that pain was inversely proportional to my fitness level, and now I tell people that this is the body physio built.  Pain is a marvelous motivator to stay in shape.

I'm here for two reasons:  the first is to help me focus.  Did I mention I have a little bit of the ADHD?  Probably because I've been doing 20 other things while typing this out.  I've started a challenge, which helps keep me focussed, and a PvP to trick my competitive side into doing stuff too.  Because even the constant threat of pain sometimes flits away, and I find myself sitting on the couch, eating cheetos and binge watching Netflix for a week (along with 20 other things that aren't exercise or healthy eating.)

I'm also here to cheer on a friend who is trying to make positive changes in his life.  But I have lots of cheer to go around (and I hope you all have some extra for me too.)

That's it.  Nothing else to see.  Onwards and upwards, and I'm off to go do some push ups.  

Current Big Fat Hairy Goals:  Hip to Waist Ratio down to 88%.  Capable of 50 pushups, 100 situps, 20 pull-ups in one massive superset.  Able to do a bodyweight bench press.  Run 10K 1/week for 1 month.  Earn 2nd Degree Black Belt.

Why?  Because I want to model the kind of health and strength that I want my girls to have when they grow up.

Introduction / Battle Log / Current Challenge

Previous Challenges:  1

8 hours ago, apocalypse said:

YAY! ADHD BROS! i'm an ADHD too! helps you get a huge load of stuff halfway done doesn't it?

i will be following!

Q:  How many kids with ADHD does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A:  LET'S RIDE BIKES!

• Like 2

Current Big Fat Hairy Goals:  Hip to Waist Ratio down to 88%.  Capable of 50 pushups, 100 situps, 20 pull-ups in one massive superset.  Able to do a bodyweight bench press.  Run 10K 1/week for 1 month.  Earn 2nd Degree Black Belt.

Why?  Because I want to model the kind of health and strength that I want my girls to have when they grow up.

Introduction / Battle Log / Current Challenge

Previous Challenges:  1