Liz1729's Quest for Accountability

March April Challenge Day 1

I excelled myself on the freggie front with an unprecedented total of 9. It's not that hard to hit it you base all eatings around them (which I won't be for every meal every day!). No junk until quite late at night then a highly enjoyable binge of crackers and a creme egg. Random. I'm trying to change my eating habits from no breakfast / light lunch / large evening meal/ bedtime snack to breakfast / large lunch / small evening meal / small late night snack and I got hungry late on. I'm getting a free lunch at work from September so I want to make the most of it! I did well on the fluids front, with a pint of water on my desk all day and two refills of my giant 1 litre teapot (containing fruit tea). 

I did day 4 of yoga with adriene which was great. I'm really getting to like her and I'm enjoying her series. I'm already seeing improvements in my flexibility and I ache less. 

I internetted in 15 min chunks of time like a good non-binger and racked up a mere 5 sessions in total during the day. That's a lot of time left to be productive yet my work was crap. Just didn't have the brain to produce anything very good. 

I resisted squeezing my spots including the massive one on my chin, showered nicely after my yoga in the morning and cleaned my face. Neglected to clean it in the evening though. 

I spent the majority of the day chained to my desk working on my dissertation with 'breaks' to clean and pack up pre-house move. Fun. I'm trying to get in good habits with washing up and do it as I create it. While this is technically less work (because things don't get crusted on, need soaking, etc) it felt like more effort to do it 4 times a day rather than every 3 days. I went into town for the first time in ages as the shoes I'd ordered into Clarks were in. I needed some new flat shoes for work as I've worn two pairs down to the holes-in-the-soles stage and I need some sandals for summer. I have to order them in because I'm a size 3 and they don't stock them in store. I bought 3 pairs total which was very promising and only took about 15 minutes. I bought a new shower squeezy ball thingy to replace the old one that the internet says is ridden with bacteria and making my spots worse (it was 29p) and I bought a ton of other random crap because I was in one of those cheap shops where you can't resist buying everything. To be fair, the £1 witch hazel spot stuff actually dried up my giant spot and the £1 chiropodist sponge has made my feet amazingly soft. Win. 

• Like 1

Imp Druid (according to this)

STR 6 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 5 | WIS 5 | CHA 3

March April Challenge Day 2

An inferior 4 freggies today. I fell apart by evening time and didn't eat quite as well as intended. Binged on crackers til midnight when I had to stop as I had an endoscopy the next day and orders to stop all eating and drinking (even water) from midnight. Went to sleep very thirsty and spend all night dreaming of drinking water. 

Day 5 of yoga with adriene was lovely and I went for a run in the evening too. 

More internetting today - 10 sessions in total with 4 fails of more than 15 minutes. Just had stuff to do and it sucked to stop mid task! Like I sold my dining table on eBay and needed to arrange pick up times; I was rearranging addresses for council tax for when I move. 

I squeezed a spot, wasn't even satisfying. Showered but neglected my face. 

March April Challenge Day 3

I barely slept through thirst, felt like crap from the get go from thirst and low blood sugar then drove to hospital and had an endoscopy. Have a hernia, gastritis and duodenitis. Biopsy taken; results in 2 days and follow up appointment then too (who said the NHS is crap??). I opted for the procedure without sedation as I'm all for avoiding unnecessary medication. It was unpleasant, to say the least. They sprayed the top of my throat with numbing spray, yeah great, but it really hurt from the point just past that right down to my stomach and still does now. 

Couldn't eat much after that. Still feel sick sick sick. All bets are off today. I just want to lounge around while someone strokes my hair and fetches me warm drinks. Unfortunately I live alone. I'll go to bed soon and start afresh tomorrow. 

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 11:17 PM, liz1729 said:

March Challenge Day 1

It's April, sorry :s

Great first day though, will be following along on here.

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

...thought I sent that two days ago...wierd...

Anyway, hope you're feeling better soon. 2 days for results on the NHS is a minor miracle at least!

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

April Challenge Day 4

Still suffering from the after effects of that endoscopy. I basically got filled with air right from my throat to my intestines, got the sharpest wind ever through my whole chest and stomach and have had to wait to slowly burp it out over 48 hours. Good thing I'e been alone! So eating much has been off the cards and screw exercise, I could barely move. On the positive side, I didn't have any junk food. 

April Challenge Day 5

I have a diagnosis and plan of action from the consultant. it involves drastic lifestyle changes. For 6 months: sleep with the head of my bed raised up, no eating within 4 hours of bedtime, eating little and often (bye bye intermittent fasting!),no alcohol, no fizzy drinks, no citrus, no tea/coffee. Have to take a long course of meds. After 6 months, off the meds and some relaxation of the rules but as little as possible. That is for life. 

This is a major lifestyle change.