Hi!

Right now I'm nothing like Steve Rogers, at the start or end of The First Avenger. I'm more like Chris Pratt with his dad bod, and I need to get a bit more like Star Lord. But either way, things need to change.

I use to be in good shape, but unfortunately starting work full time and snapping my ATFL ligament I've stopped playing rugby and started eating a lot worse. I have had an op to repair the ligament, but I'm still using it as an excuse and I need to stop. There's no excuse for eating badly at the end of the day. I've managed a few runs and want to start building up my distance (on 1.6 miles atm). Maybe even a marathon one day, but for now getting to 2 and 5 miles would be great milestones. 

Im on about 15.2 stones, and want to see that going down to about 12.5 stone. I'm 5'11", being 6' would be great, but I know that's an unrealistic target. Are feet, stones and miles the units to use on here? Or do we go more metres, pounds and km?

Clearly I don't have the motivation/discipline to do this alone, some support/guidance would be appreciated. Hopefully one day I'll be in a position to dish out the guidance. I've ordered the 'level up your life' book, and will start reading this straight away. Looking forward to getting stuck in and figuring out the class system. If anyone's got any advice on where to start, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

• Like 2

My character - it's working progress.

Welcome aboard!  I find inspiration reading a lot of older posts on the blog.  The class system is explained fairly well here:

https://www.nerdfitness.com/class-descriptions/

and I just finally started a 4 week challenge after just reading the blog for a while after reading this:

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Hey there! Welcome welcome. So second ^ about checking out the guilds - reading up on them may help you narrow down your physical interests if you don't have anything specific in mind just yet.

Some people like to keep a daily battle log, some go for challenges, some do both! Personally, I like the 4 week challenges because they help break down big goals into little attainable pieces. If you're not sure what class you're into (aka - what kind of exercise you want to do), you may want to check out the Rebel Challenges to see what that's all about, and there's a suggested 1st challenge that you can follow if you're not ready to make your own. 

• Like 1

Pick the path that appeals most to you.  Don't worry if you think you "don't have the body for it", because you do.  Once you figure out what you want, reach out to the guilds.  They'll give you all the guidance you need.

And don't give up.  Find your reason, your big "WHY", for getting healthy, and let nothing stand in your way from achieving your goals.  You will fail, we all do, but don't let it slow you down.  Stay vigilant, and keep going.

Welcome to the Rebellion!  Now go forth, and kick some ass!

Level 4

Character Sheet | Current Challenge |

| Past Challenges | #1 | #2 | #3#4 |
Educate - Entertain - Inspire