Hello....From the other side (too soon?)

Hi all.  I'm new...to all of this.  Nerd fitness and fitness in general.  I reached a point where I got tired of feeling gross when I looked at myself in the mirror.  Or laying in bed.  Or anytime at all.  I was late for a meeting and was dashing down the stairs and was absolutely mortified that I felt my chest jiggling....even after I stopped dashing.  So I joined a gym and realized that I have no earthly idea what in the hell I'm doing.  With any of this.  And then I found Steve and this site.  And I got completely motivated to change more than just my exercise routine.  I changed my diet as well...and that's a lot of changes at once.  I'm still dealing with it three weeks later. lol 

Anyway, about me:  I'm 36 years old, 6ft and weigh 208 lbs (as of this morning, anyway).  My fancy-schmancy scale tells me that I'm in the mid to upper 20% body fat, and I would like to see that decrease.  It doesn't help that I sit at a cubicle and stare at a computer for 40 hours a week.  As a matter of fact, finding a new job is my next level up  mission.  I just don't feel stimulated any more (physically or mentally) and I need that kind of environment. 

I have 2 teenage boys at home, and they are more than a handful, between hormones and tempers.  Definitely keeps me on my toes.  And they hate that their diet changed when mine did.  But hey....I'm not going to cook 2 dinners each night!  I really like the vibe I get from this place and, hopefully, with some shared experiences and tips, I can break through this plateau I've seem to hit. 

Remember that it's small changes over time.  If you think you're starting too small, trust me, your not.

And as you progress on your quests, remember to stay vigilant.  You will fail, we all do, but don't let it slow you down.  Remember your reasons for getting healthy, your big "WHY", and know that nothing can stop you from reaching your goals.  Don't let your emotional state make you forget who you are, who your becoming, and what you're capable of.

Now choose a path, go forth, and kick some ass!

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Level 4

Character Sheet | Current Challenge |

| Past Challenges | #1 | #2 | #3#4 |
Educate - Entertain - Inspire