Hello everyone :)!

Hi All,

I have recently joined this forum and working my way through it. I am a very shy person and have been struggling with obesity and lack of energy for some years now.

Through my constant battle with being overweight I have learned a lot about myself. I feel related to this forum as I believe it is not about just doing a commercial diet, it is about a life style and a habit change. 

I have learned that I am an emotional eater, and I suffer from anxiety. So far I have not come across this topic on this website: How does your mental wellbeing affect your eating habits. I hope I can find the help I need here so I can deal with by anxiety in a different way then eating my own weight up!

I am looking forward to interact with you on here. Ideally, I would like to become an Adventurer!

Thanks for reading.

Eshock.

Hello!  I am a huge emotional eater and I am also an anxious person.  Dealing with my anxiety in a healthy way is a constant challenge, but here are some things I've learned from various places (including doula training and working with a social worker with my child's anxiety)  Breathe. Look up Box Breathing on youtube or download an app.  It is a guided meditation technique that can calm and slow down your brain when it's racing.  Drop your shoulders and shake out your hands.  I'll bet you don't even notice your shoulders creeping up to your earlobes when your feelings are amping up, but they are. When I am caring for doula clients in labour and they are getting tense the first thing I do is gently tap their shoulders to cue them to relax them and the change in the level of tension from that little move is remarkable.   Reach for a glass of water instead of food.  Put your face in some fresh air if you can.  Step outside or at the very least, open a window for a moment.     Be gentle with yourself.  I am much better at dishing out this advice than taking it myself!

It's nice to meet you.