[Mekong] is Late to the Party

Mekong

Late start because I'm bad at forum-ing and in general I'm an ill-bred person of poor repute, I assume.  Also because my only real time to update is at work and lately I'm so busy I can barely breathe, which is no different today, so this will be fast.

Nothing new with me except that I might be moving to Denver so that's a thing.

Goals!  I've been doing them, just not updating  How many times do I write that sentence.

1.  Walk 3x a week.  Last week I went to Flagstaff and hiked everyday while there, so that was all 3+ at once, but then I walked during the week also.  This week I walked on Saturday, and I'll probably go again tonight.

2.  Incorporate bench press and deadlift every time I go to the gym.  Because I like to deadlift and my bench press is depressing.  I did this last week but I didn't go to the gym as much as I should have.  I should go tonight so we'll see.  I'm already ready for my post-work nap.

3.  Some nebulous eating healthy goal.  Just to stay on the radar and because honestly the above 2 goals are enough for me right now.  I made a pot of soup for lunches this week and I have a couple dinner ideas so this may work out pretty well this week.  Today's breakfast- steak, half an avocado, raw sauerkraut, coconut milk in cold brew coffee brewed with chai. Lunch- soup. Dinner- probably bleu cheese walnut spinach salad.  Last week was pretty good.  Really the weeks are fine, it's the weekends that are killing me.  And the social drinking.  Neither of those things will be changing soon as we have houseguests this weekend coming down for a party for another friend and we'll be heading to New York in a few weeks (and then the whole moving to Denver thing), so I probably need to work on strategies to be a little more moderate.

People say that I'm losing weight but the scale doesn't budge and I see no progress in pictures.  So I just take it to mean that I'm still fat, but I'm well-liked enough that people try to make me feel better about myself, and that's a nice consolation.

Anyway.  That's my general plan.  Aaaaaand back to work.

• Like 2

Mekong, level 11 Cherek Adventurer STR 37|DEX 27|STA 35|CON 32|WIS 35|CHA 27

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Current Challenge

Also because my only real time to update is at work and lately I'm so busy I can barely breathe, which is no different today, so this will be fast.

Been there and feel your work-related-busyness pain! Does the busyness go away at some point, so breathing can improve?

Today's breakfast- steak, half an avocado, raw sauerkraut,

Yeah, sauerkraut! I always thought I hated it till I had the kind that wasn't mush-in-a-can. Such fancy meals!

Good luck on a challenge with busyness!

(So many exclamation points in this comment ... I'm not an unhinged madwoman, I swear.)

• Like 1

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Teeny tiny update.  I may be moving to Fort Collins, not Denver.  Somewhere between a 10% and 80% chance. Today's breakfast: split pea soup.  Also, lunch.  Hopefully not dinner.  I bought a dot grid notebook so I can bullet journal like all the cool kids.

Back to work.

• Like 2

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Current Challenge

I don't even know what a dot grid notebook or a bullet journal are ... dang it, cool kids!

Stealthstitcher

"You see, what you've got to consider is: are you going to be the hero of this 'ere adventure, or ain't you? You can't 'ave it both ways."

- E. Nesbit, The Magic City

Challenges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Lololol. This month was a bust. But We did decide to relocate (husband has already moved, I'm staying back to sell the house) and work is continuing under the principle that whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger.

Onwards to May and whatever that may bring.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Current Challenge