Knitwit is ending her journey on De Nile

Putting this out here so I can't slack off.  I am out of excuses.  I am out of pants that fit.  I am starting again again.  Today I got out of bed and immediately put on my workout clothes. I turned off Facebook and turned on my treadmill.  I did 25 min of the rolling hills program at a walking pace of 3.8 mph. Right now 3.8 is my threshold between working hard and having an asthma attack.  I ate a healthy breakfast.  I tracked my food. (I am prairieknitwit at My Fitness Pal, feel free to stalk me).

My goals this week:

Track my food every day, for better or worse.

Exercise at least three times. (one workout down!)

Eat vegetables at lunchtime.

Stop eating by 8:00 PM.

Great job with the workout today and eating a healthy breakfast.  Breakfast usually sets the tone for the rest of the day, or so I like to think.

Have you used MyFitness Pal before?  When I started it took me awhile to get used to it, and it was a lot of work to add in the foods/recipes I typically enjoyed, but now that they are in, it takes me very little time to enter in my log for the day.

Training Log/Progress Pics: Harder to Kill

Current Challenge: Zach from Water, to Water

Challenge History: 1 2 3 4 

Great job with the workout today and eating a healthy breakfast.  Breakfast usually sets the tone for the rest of the day, or so I like to think.

Have you used MyFitness Pal before?  When I started it took me awhile to get used to it, and it was a lot of work to add in the foods/recipes I typically enjoyed, but now that they are in, it takes me very little time to enter in my log for the day.

I have been using MFP off and on for a long time.  I am so happy the recipe creator has improved and they recognize canadian bar codes now.  I use a subscription meal planning service so I will upload my dinner into the recipe calculator, and then I know how many calories I have left for the rest of the day--dinner tends to be my biggest meal.

The good:  I started Zombies Run C25K again after a many-months hiatus. Today's stats:

32 min workout.  2.3 miles.  3 min jog/1 min walk/2 min jog at 5.1 during free-form run

The not so good: I have been really good about not snacking at bedtime and was rewarded by being woken up by stomach growling in the middle of the night.  I need to figure out how to stop that--protein at bedtime?  I hate that feeling.

I have completed 2/3 workouts this week.

Workout goal:  crushed.  2 walks and 2 runs this week.

Today's Zombie Stats:  ZR 5K W2D3.  2.3 miles total, 33 min duration.  3:30/1/2:00 jog/walk/jog during 10 min freeform

Husband's birthday is this weekend and I am going to bake a cake and enjoy it with no regrets because it will be an amazing cake and when it's delicious and homemade, it is not a waste of calories.

This weekend was bad bad bad.  I ate much too much salty gross food and today I am bloated and dehydrated.  I will drink ALL the water today and get myself back on track.

Today's Zombie Stats:  ZR 5k W3D1  2.9 miles total, 42 min duration.  5/6/4/2 min run intervals.

I RAN Six minutes without stopping!!!!!

This weeks goals:

Body:  Finish Week 3 of Zombies Run 5k

Eat vegetables at lunchtime

Drink more water than coffee

Chart my food on MFP

Life: Check Facebook ONCE in the morning and ONCE in the Afternoon and ONCE after dinner instead of every five minutes.  I am ashamed to admit how hard this is going to be for me.

If anyone is reading this, I am going to be pathetic and say I need a pep talk today.  My 10 year old and I had a rough morning and now I just feel drained and I know that as the afternoon wears on I am going to want to eat All The Bad Things because that's what I do when I am tired and drained and feeling cranky.  There is chocolate cake in my fridge.

I am hiding in Facebook.  Homeschooling my youngest is going horribly because I used up so much emotional energy dealing with the 10 year old.  

Blargh.

I went for a walk.  A little walk.  10 minutes outside is better than a mouthful of cake, right?

For normal people, no, but we are not normal, we are awesome....that's what I tell myself in the mirror. Good job on the walk! That's great will power.

th?id=OIP.Md6ab118cbea66394f0a6fffb2bcc0

• Like 1