If At First You Don't Succeed...

...Try, Try, Again. I seem to be the full bodied personification of this phrase. Lol.

Hey there Rebellion HQ!

I'm Gemma, an English girl tired of feeling out of breath when I jog up stairs. I'm not fat, over-weight or obese. I think that this is more to do with the fact that I do tend to eat reasonably well and, up until the last few years, I've been busy burning all the rubbish I eat with growing (I just turned 20), rather than from healthy living. Now I'm 5 foot 7 and what most people describe as "lean". But I am unfit. A ten second sprint(?) for the bus or jogging up stairs puts me out of breath because the amount of body mass I do have is far from fit, toned or strong. And I would like this to change.

I enjoy sports because I'm a very competitive person and competitions, matches and the such like get me excited and energetic. Problem is that, due to less that ample strength and stamina, I'm not very good at sport. Which is generally off-putting and depressing when I join any kind of club or gym as those around me all seem so much more superhuman. I'm sure you guys know what I'm on about. For someone who has always been a perfectionist and pretty damn good at using her brain and coming first in anything intellectual, suddenly being gangly, uncoordinated and out of breath after thirty seconds is a hit to my ego as well as my body.

I tend to stick better to solo training exercises, but even then I find these boring as they don't tend to involve a whole lot of fun the way organised sport does. The one aspect I do enjoy of solo training is the feeling during and after where you can just feel something happening. I know that sounds weird. But it feels good to know that you're working your body. I just find it hard to keep going as I don't have the knowledge to make it more creative or interesting. So I'm kinda damned if I do and damned if I don't really. I end up slowly dropping exercise from my daily life as I either get bored with solo stuff or demotivated in comparing myself to others or being annoyed that I'm not catching up to them quick enough.

So yeah, I want to get fit but don't really know how or where to do it and then stumbled across NerdFitness. Seemed like a good enough description for what I was going for so here I am.

As for the personal stuff, I'm currently a double-major Literature and History university student and am working to pay for my education at KFC. Where I get free staff meals. Yeah. So that is causing an issue as well. No student is stupid enough to say no to free food and, though I have been saving the pounds in food bills I have been putting them on on my middle. So this has started to prompt me back toward exercise which I haven't done for quite a while.

Any encouragement or kicks to the arse anyone here can offer will be muchly appreciated. I hope that by communicating and interacting my progression in fitness I might be more motivated to do it.

Um... that's all, I'll shut up now. Lol. Nice to meet you all!

I am stronger than my fears. This is the mountain that I climb,

Got one hundred steps to go. Tonight I'll make it ninety-nine.

Avatar © Takanashi Mitsuba, creator of Beniiro Hero and my hero Sumiyoshi Nobara.

Hey! Welcome! It is easy to let life get in the way and put working out on the back burner. It sounds like you are dedicated to making a change!

I am on a huge weights kick. I just started "New Rules of Lifting for Women" and it made me look at weight training differently. It would also help if you made specific goals....be able to deadlift 100 lbs, or run a mile without stopping, etc.

Good luck and feel free to ask questions. This is a great community. You can also find some great info in older threads.

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Argh I totally got distracted by my other threads.

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys! I'm liking it around here already have no fear ^_^

I am stronger than my fears. This is the mountain that I climb,

Got one hundred steps to go. Tonight I'll make it ninety-nine.

Avatar © Takanashi Mitsuba, creator of Beniiro Hero and my hero Sumiyoshi Nobara.