Warning: new person has arrived :P

Hi guys!
I came across the Nerd Fitness website about a week ago looking for info on the paleo diet. It seemed like a cool helpful site so I signed up for the email thing. (even though I'm not really a nerd, hehe xP) It has been interesting and helpful so far! (especially the "beginner bodyweight workout", I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to "working out" so that is a great starting place.)
When I was a kid I did various sports, running, helped out on the farm and played outside all day, so I was in shape and strong (you know, for a kid). But once I got into high school I lost interest in doing much of anything active, focusing more on school, art and friends. I also started cooking for myself more, bad idea, because I was seriously in LOVE with pasta, and the only vegetable I ate was spaghetti sauce.
Now... I am just getting fed up with how out of shape and weak I am. I weighed 130 lbs last year, and I've gotten down to 115 (I'm 5'2") by eating 3 meals a day instead of eating whenever I'm bored, and eating more salads, but I still have a lot of fat and there is hardly any muscle. I can't even do a single pushup, except the "girl" kind. *facepalm*

So, I've decided to change things. I've been telling myself "I need to stop eating this junk" and "I'll work out tomorrow"... but no more excuses, I'm actually doing it now. On my last shopping trip I got a lot of veggies, meat, nuts, etc. No crap food this time. D: And I've been exercising at least every other day. I am so done with this whole being a weakling thing. Looking forward to doing pushups without falling flat on my face. xD

Welcome!  Your last paragraph resonates with me because that part is me.... the procrastinator (why do today what you can put off until tomorrow!)... I'm with you on the "done being weak" thing.... you can do it.  The people here are awesome and will keep you motivated for sure.  5 days in and I feel so much better already.

As I've seen a few times already... you've always known the path, now you've decided to start walking the path.  Best of luck on your journey!

Morpheus.jpg

April Challenge::Introduction

Level 7 Ranger (28/500)::Epic Quest Character (under construction)

Topherdrew

Sam Wilson: "When do we start?"... Steve Rogers: "We just did." -- "Captain America: The Winter Soldier"