Howdy from Montana!

My character name is Sagiquarion, but you can call me "J" or Justin. I'm a former World of Warcraft junkie, transformers collector, and love playing magic the gathering with friends. I like long walks with a great podcast or book, super curious everything and have a decent job.

But something is really wrong, like, depressingly wrong. 

I'm here because I'm at a crossroads in my life and I don't know which way to go. I'm 36 and still figuring out what I want to do when I grow up.  I'm tired of being afraid to make "the wrong choice" ya know?  I'm tired of wondering when I'll start living and working towards something rather avoiding things. 

I use to be 285 pounds in my early 20s but lost (and kept it off) the weight many years ago. I'm fully confident in my ability to mind my health and fitness, and teach others to do the same.  I'm not at all confident in myself to become an entrepreneur and I'm reaching out to you guys for solidarity.  I've been learning a lot about Internet marketing and building an online business these last several weeks. 

I know more than enough to get started, but I'm dicking around and I can feel the urge to self medicate creeping in because of that uncertainty.

Sure, I have goals:

• maintain a web based business that brings in $3k per month before taxes. 
  • Host or be a part of a podcast (got the loot and the talent)!
  • help others forge a better version of themselves.
  • i want the freedom to travel without having to ask for time off the job.
  • I want to wake up and look forward my work rather than fight the urge to call in sick.
  • Be a part of a community of self driven people whose goals and life philosophies align with mine. 

In short, from the outside I looks like I'm in a good spot. But not so much on the inside.

I need to be ... more. Better.  How?  I need to feel like I'm progressing towards something rather than collecting underpants (thanks for that analogy, Steve!).

is this resonating with anybody?

Cheers!

• Like 2

Hello, and welcome to the boards. Stop worrying about making the wrong choice and just try it. If you fail, figure out what you did wrong and fix it. I've learned a while ago from a mentor that if you don't failthat means you're never changing. Take it by stride and go with it 

Hi Justin, 

I can totally relate. I love the job I'm in right now, but since graduating high school I felt terrified to make any decisions or take steps in any direction for fear of it being the 'wrong' one, so I kind of floated toward my destiny instead of leaping out and claiming it. I ended up in a few relationships and jobs that weren't right for me, and it was enough to help me start to understand what I *don't* want, and thus to clarify what is actually important to me and who I am. 

I'm jumping into the Nerd Fitness Rebellion, first to get back into fitness and nutrition and start feeling badass again, and then to move forward on dreaming again. Making life quests and doing them. I want to do some travelling and adventuring, and become stronger, more flexible, and mentally balanced while I do it. I wonder if there might be an entrepreneurial spirit in me too afraid to come out, but I figure if I start by getting out of my she'll in smaller ways first, then I might gain some clarity on the 'big dream', if there is one. :-) 

Welcome to the Rebellion! 

My Character

Challenges: Current | First | 2 | 3

Hey man! Welcome!

Followed you here from your post in the Montana thread.  If you ever want some mental clarity, just hit me up on a Saturday or Sunday and we can go hike Rattlesnake.  I find I do my best thinking out on those trails.

Offer accepted, thank you!  I'll pm you to work out the details. 

Don't feel bad, I'm 48 and just now starting to think I might finally know what I want to be when I grow up. Which in some ways is a little scarier, because I'm not sure if I can pull it off... But I keep thinking of one of Martin's lines from Frasier, "It's not the times I failed that bother me, it's the times I didn't try at all."

It sounds like you might find your traveling companions in the Epic Quest and Level Up Your Life sections of the forums - there's more focus on finance and business than on fitness and physical goals.

So...welcome to the deep end of the pool!

"'It's time for a few small repairs,' she said." - Shawn Colvin