Here goes something! ;)

Haha...

Howdy to all of you fabulously nerd folk! I'm happy to be here!

First and foremost, I need to give a huge shout out to my best friend and kick ass workout buddy, Laura...thanks for inviting me into the fold. :smug:

Now, by way of an introduction...hello! My name is Michele, better known as Mishka Xena...or Mishka for short. Ya see, it all started when my current employer needed a middle initial for my email account. Unfortunately, I don't have a middle initial..haha. So, they gave me the 'X' and the rest, as they say is history.

5 years ago, I was at my all time heaviest weight and was broken in more ways than one. 2 years ago, I decided to go for it and work to change my life from a health and fitness perspective.

Jump ahead to a year ago. One year ago I joined a gym and have been working out ever since! I never thought I'd be one to say I love lifting weights, but good gravy...I really do love it! It's challenging, rewarding, frustrating, fun...all of it....and it's sooo worth it. I love seeing pictures from 3 months ago (which I'll share when I figure out how to!!) and pictures I took a week ago. It's amazing!

I have so much to learn, both here navigating this site, physically, and mentally. What do I bring to the table? A thirst and willingness to learn and share whatever I may know! BTW, apologies for the free flow of thought tonight...I wanted to at least say hello!

Cheers!

Mishka

hello... any friend of laura's must kick a$$... here we encourage the free flow of thought... although mine tends to run in low places and i am still just barely tolerated here... anyhow a gift for you... it's a picture of Laura i found... is it too much next to the picture of chubby david?

LRGSG.png

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

welcome! yayyyy Miss Laura's friend! very excited to read more about your progress and err'thing, as well as your love affair with the barbell.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Yay! Now I know where ETF was saying he shared. Hardly tolerated, ETF? You know we <3 you.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!