Greetings to all of you nerds! I think I'm going to like it here. Just a few things about me...I'm 38, married with two beautiful young daughters named Lursa and B'etor. I've tried to make it to the other side of this fitness thing hundreds of times it seems. I've done body for life, p90x, and so many other things, but nothing has stuck with me for very long. The "all or nothing" approach has definitely not done it for me, so I decided to try NF. The nerd spin is really appealing. I'm a Star Trek nerd above all else. Got my own Chakotay uniform (my wife has a Seven costume, so we match). My favorite series is DS9. But I can appreciate other nerdy things. Like most nerds, I work in front of a computer most of the day. And like most newbies here, I have not taken care of myself like I should have but I am here to change all of that. One thing that I can say I'm very proud of is that I have kicked the soda habit for at least three years, might even be longer! I went from 3-4+ sodas a day since I was in high school to ZERO. When I finally decided to cut off soda, I thought there is no way I can do this. But I did it! So if you are having problems with soda, please send me a message and I will help you in any way I can. I also drink water like crazy.

Out of all the guilds I chose the Warrior guild because I want my main focus to be on strength training. Since Klingons are the best warriors in Star Trek, I made my character a Klingon. I'm starting from the very beginning, Bodyweight level 1. I'm going to take things very slowly because I'd much rather do that than burn out and relapse. My goals for doing NF are to get my weight down to 170 (I'm 5'8" and weigh 225) but if I weigh 175 and have single-digit bodyfat, then that would be awesome! When I get there, I'm gonna make me a Klingon costume as a reward! I want to make permanent lifestyle changes that fix my nutrition for good. Yes, I've kicked soda. But I really need to kick sugar and carbs, and they are next on the list. Followed by a significant restriction on blood wine and Romulan ale. One step at a time. I'm so glad that NF makes it clear that 80-90% of your success is from your nutrition because that's where I need the most help. Sure, I love to eat meat and vegetables...but I can also eat a plate of pasta or a bag of cookies if I'm in the mood (which is any mood, really.)

So here's to our future victories! They will sing songs of our great deeds in the Hall of Heroes! Qapla'!

"I don't want to be a warrior!" - Alexander Rozhenko. Then Alexander Rozhenko became a warrior. 

K'ranog, my character profile - "Even dreams can arise from the dead." - Qapla'!