CJ the (soon-to-be) Mighty's Training Log

A bit about myself, I am a nerdy math teacher and football coach who bought his first home and is getting married to his best friend this year.  In the past year and a half, I have lost about 80 lbs, but I still have a way to go.  Last year. while researching how to measure body fat percentage, I ran across Nerd Fitness and I was immediately hooked on their message.  After completing a couple of challenges early in the year, I have sorta feel on my face the last month or so in terms of diet and exercise.  I am going to use this training log to chart my workouts, calories, weight, weekly measurements and body fat calculations.

Long Term Goal:  Get below 15% bodyfat - which probably involves losing 100 lbs.  Once I reach that goal, I would like to get involved in some sort of strength/athletic activity, right now I am thinking about Strongman type training, but I will research more options as I get closer to that goal.

Plan: I will be working out 6 days per week.  3 days of following the Greyskull LP program (I will spell out the routines more as I do them).  3 days of moderate cardio work on the elliptical or tread mill.  I will be charting my calories on Lose It! with a calorie setting of losing 2 lbs per week.

"Destiny is important, see, but people go wrong when they think it controls them. It's the other way around." - Terry Pratchett

Lift: 1 of 24                                             Eat Right: 1 of 42                              Stay Sane: 1 of 42   

Just a quick thumbs up, did my first GreySkull set today and was surfing here to see who else is starting their journey!  Similar goals, I am at 33-34% body fat, would like to get under 15%.

Sam

• Like 1

Finished first six challenge for 2015, granting +1 to CON.  Otherwise all 0 stats at this point.

My Introduction post, tells my weight loss journey up to the point I joined NF!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58160-70-there-30-to-go/

Log for 4/25

Bench Press

Warm Up: 45 x 10, 75 x 3

Work Sets: 110 x 5, 5, 11

Next Weight: 115

Curls
Work Sets: 45 x 15, x 8 

Next Weight: 45

Squats

Warm Up:45 x 10, 95 x 5, 125 x 3

Work Sets: 150 x 5, 5, 12

Next Weight: 160

Calorie Goal: 2439

Net Calories: 2398 

Weight: 315

• Like 1

"Destiny is important, see, but people go wrong when they think it controls them. It's the other way around." - Terry Pratchett

Lift: 1 of 24                                             Eat Right: 1 of 42                              Stay Sane: 1 of 42   

Nice workout!  Just got two in so far myself, was a bit worried it was not a "whole body" workout but I can feel it!  Your warm up numbers are my actual sets!!  But with progression we will all get stronger.

Finished first six challenge for 2015, granting +1 to CON.  Otherwise all 0 stats at this point.

My Introduction post, tells my weight loss journey up to the point I joined NF!

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58160-70-there-30-to-go/

Nice workout!  Just got two in so far myself, was a bit worried it was not a "whole body" workout but I can feel it!  Your warm up numbers are my actual sets!!  But with progression we will all get stronger.

Thanks.

Just a few months ago those were my sets as well.  I'm sure that you will soon be saying the same thing.

Log for 4/26

Rest Day

Calorie Goal: 2431

Net Calories: 2213

Weight: 313.8

Log for 4/27

Overhead Press

Warm Up: 45 x 10

Work Sets: 75 x 5, 5, 11

Next Weight: 80

Rows

Work Sets: 75 x 8, 8

Next Weight: 80

Deadlifts

Warm Up: 135 x 5, 185 x 3

Work Set: 205 x 6

Next Weight: 210

Calorie Goal: 2415

Net Calories: 2332

Weight: 311.4

Log for 5/2

Worked out with trainer.

Calorie Goal: 2433

Net Calories: 2128

Weight: 314.6

Body Fat: 37%

Log for 5/3

Bench Press

Warm Up: 45 x 5, 5, 75 x3

Work Set: 115 x 5, 5, 12

Next Weight: 120

Curls

Work Set: 45 x 5, 5

Next Weight: 47.5

Squat

Warm Up: 45 x 5, 5, 95 x 5, and 135 x 3

Work Set: 160 x 5, 5, 12

Next Weight: 170

Calorie Goal: 2427

Net Calories: 2276

Weight: 313.2

Log for 5/4

Rest day.  I did go for a walk.

Calorie Goal: 2423

Net Calories: 2306

Weight: 312.6

Log for 5/5

Overhead Press

Warm Up: 45 x 5, 5

Work Set: 80 x 5, 5, 10

Next Weight: 85

Rows

Work Set: 80 x 8, 8

Next Weight: 85

Dead Lift

Warm Up: 135 x 5, 175 x 5

Work Set: 210 x 5 (I feel really limited by my grip strength when trying to do max reps on dead lifts - My legs and back aren't holding me back it is my hands.)

Next Weight: 215

Calorie Goal: 2419

Net Calories: 2364

Weight: 312