Not the biggest woot out there, but very good for me

So I had signed up for a local gym.  I have signed up with other gyms before.  It usually goes like this.  I sign up.  Then when I go, I want to do things like weights etc.  Instead, I hit the treadmill.  Sometimes I keep going for a bit, but I always just hit the treadmill.  I don't know why.  Gym intimidation, that feeling people will make fun of me, or whatever the feeling.  Then it seems like I eventually stop going.  Then like a year later, I am paying for a gym membership, and not even going.

So this new gym is cheap.  There are trade offs of course from going to a bigger gym.  The best part to me though, is one trainer session a month is included in the membership.  So for $20 a month, I get to workout at any of the places, and I get 30 minutes with a trainer.

Monday was my "Evaluation".  I didn't chicken out, and I did it.  The trainer gave me an idea of what to try to start with.  We did one workout there.  So yay, I did it.  This isn't the woot part though.

Today, I went back.  I had a plan in my head of exercises to do, and I did them.  Well, most of them.  I ended up not doing the bench press.  I did do a similar exercise on the machine weights though.  So my woot, is that I actually went to the gym and worked out.  I did get a few minutes in on the treadmill at teh end, but that was just to get a few extra steps in ;)

The workout was nothing super grand or anything.  Some barbells, a bench, and me in front of a mirror pushing up weight ;)

Overall, it is a start.

• Like 7

Yeah, leg day! :D

Having a personal trainer definitely helps me out, since they can show you new things you wouldn't think of/were too nervous to try.

• Like 1