I'm done being lazy!

I'm back here after deciding that I need a little accountability in my life! I've been eating whatever I like whenever I felt like it and skipping gym for the past 4 months and I'm sick of that.

A little history:

- I did powerlifting in 2015 and was VERY consistent in my training (skipped once but went on another day), going 3-4 times a week in the morning before school

- The gym was a 5 minute walk from my house

- Stopped powerlifting after 3 months because I wasn't squatting right

- Started learning olympic weightlifting in December

- Haven't been consistent with my training, especially in recent months

What makes me feel like skipping is the thought of traveling to the gym which is about 1 hour away, but that's the closest olympic weightlifting facility in my area. I don't wish to stop training either, so I'm thinking of ways to make going the gym a habit.

Also, back when I was powerlifting, I was conscious of my diet and did not snack late at night. I would sleep early too, and jump out of bed immediately without snoozing when I knew that it was gym day. However, as I am having a study break right now, I've been sleeping real late and cultivating this nasty habit which causes me to spend hours lazing around in bed when I wake up. The gym opens in the afternoon, and since I prefer training the first thing in the morning, I thought sleeping late and waking up late would make going to the gym the first thing I do in my day but it seems like the plan backfired haha!

My plan right now:

1. Sleep early

2. Get up immediately when the alarm goes off

3. Be more conscious of what I eat

4. Get out and go to the library/ run errands ( ≥ 3 times a week)

5. Go to the gym ( ≥ 3 times a week)

Things to do for the plan to work:

1. Turn off the computer by 10pm and read a book until 12, do some meditation and stretching then go to bed

2. Place phone (alarm clock) far from my bed and be sure to not carry the phone back to prevent myself from checking for new messages

-> switch off the AC/ fan so it gets unbearable to continue lazing around

3. Reduce the amount of packaged food that I've been consuming and start eating more fresh food

4. Getting out of the door is a huge hurdle for me to overcome right now, so I'll just change into my clothes and walk out the door without thinking about anything. Don't think about the destination while making my way there!

5. Write down what time that I should make my way out and commit to it. I should prevent myself from thinking about anything but getting my ass out of the door.

Yes! I'm leaving it here for everyone to see as I know the Word file would eventually be forgotten and replaced, just like its predecessors.

• Like 1

A little update: I still find getting out of the house a huge damper to what (I do know) will be an awesome session if I do get out to the gym.

However, there's no way I could build a home gym so what I'm trying to do now is getting myself motivated in the day (I'm always all pumped up to go to the gym late at night when the facilities are closed).

My current plan is to go to get in some practice at the gym on Wednesday after my PT, Thursday before the interview, Friday at 2 and Saturday before tutoring the kids!

I will update daily after my session at the gym to hold myself accountable to the above :eagerness:

Update 2: I forced myself to the gym the day after my last post and had a great session

• Like 1