• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
spatzcat

3 ingredient banana pancakes...

That ingredient list just might be taken out of one of my dreams. Usually I don't have much more than this in the house, food-wise, but this sounds pretty simple. Can't wait to try these!

Yum! I made similar ones that substituted oats and flax for the nut butter, and it was my FAVOURITE weekend meal before a long run. Nice to see a Paleo version, will definitely be trying this.

Just tried them. We doubled the recipie, We added another egg so 4 overripe bananas 3 eggs and lots of almond butter. Included vanilla and cinomon.

Great paleo cheat. Thank you so much.

Just tried them. We doubled the recipie, We added another egg so 4 overripe bananas 3 eggs and lots of almond butter. Included vanilla and cinomon.

Just tried this and I wish I would have read your post first. Vanilla would have helped the flavor a lot and the extra egg would have made them thicker. My kids still devoured them and I'm happy to have a healthier option since they're pancake addicts! I thought they needed the tweaking.

Yeah they were really hard to flip at first. But lucky for me my girlfriend suggested we do that. My mom was the one to credit with the vanilla though. They eventually got to the consistency and cook time of normal pancakes. But I think the bananas make them sweeter. I'm excited because now my kids can make me breakfast in bed... Of course I have to get married and have them first.....

Yeah. I made these and the cohesiveness in the recipe was insufficient. I would recommend 1.5 egs/2banana ratio.

The first one I tried to make, by the time it was firm enough to flip, it had burned. The second attempt I tried to flip earlier and it just turned into a shredded mess (a tasty shredded mess, but a shredded mess). In frustration I added a second egg to the remaining batter. This proved pretty effective in adding cohesiveness (made them more "pancakey") but it was probably too much egg overall.

I would also recommend making the pancakes more silver dollar sized. It increases ease of flipping significantly.

I had a hard time figuring out when to flip mine. I also used peanut bjtter in the hopes that I could get my husband to eat them (no). Forgot the vanilla and cinnamon...but they were still pretty good! I cooked mine on a lower heat than I thought I would need...they seemed to burn easy.

Attempt #2. My kids love pancakes and we're a big "breakfast for dinner" kind of family. lol

2 bananas & 2 eggs did the trick. I also made them smaller and covered them so the tops got a little more cooked.

The only problem now is I can't cook them fast enough to keep up with my kids eating them. They love them. Probably more than regular pancakes.

Oooh good plan!

Can I trade my husband for your kids? He did not like them :( Buuuut I think I might make them again this weekend anyway! They were a good snack to have around.