• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Torvi

What are STR, DEX, STA, CON, WIS, CHA?

Mindrah   

Taking a guess it's something like STR = strength, DEX= dexterity, STA = stamina, CON = constitution? maybe..., WIS = Wisdom and CHA = charm?

Those are my guesses, as to how to come up with the numbers... no idea, but I'd also like to know :D

I know when I make a role playing character I am given a base amount of points that I must distribute between those attributes to help form a baseline for basic personality and physicality. (some people roll dice and make all of those attributes random. I am a control freak)  I am guessing here that people are giving themselves points for attributes and then increasing them as they meet their goals.    I am new here so I haven't created a personal character sheet yet.

STR - Strength

DEX - Dexterity

STA - Stamina

CON - Constitution

WIS - Wison

CHA - Charisma

Before the Epic Quest character creator we used those stats to award points for our challenges.  You started at level 0 and had no points.  Each challenge you could allocate a certain number of points to the skills as you deemed appropriate for your goals and then award points according to how well you felt you accomplished your goals and then level up.  Many of us has kept these stats and levels going even though the points and level system has essentially moved to the epic quest.  

• Like 5

SkyGirl   

Hi @LadyShello! I know this is old, but how did you guys level up under the old points system? I find that system easier to keep track of than my Epic Quest, but I'm not sure when I've earned enough to call myself a Level 2.  :-)  I'm not in the Academy, just working from scratch.

It was an old system on here; as you progressed through your six (now four) week challenge, you'd assign yourself these points. Ie. if you were doing strength workouts you'd probably give yourself STR (strength) points rather than, say, STA (stamina). It was just a more specific way of doing it. A lot of people here still enjoy and use that system; I like it. Reminds me of how RPG games work. But its entirely up to you if you do, and officially, it isn't how the challenges work anyways nowadays; the "Character" page where a lot of people now track their challenges just uses one universal unit;; "XP" :)  

[e] sorry, didn't realize how old a thread this was! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Hi @LadyShello! I know this is old, but how did you guys level up under the old points system? I find that system easier to keep track of than my Epic Quest, but I'm not sure when I've earned enough to call myself a Level 2.  :-)  I'm not in the Academy, just working from scratch.

• Like 2

SkyGirl   
1 hour ago, Stellakin said:

It was an old system on here; as you progressed through your six (now four) week challenge, you'd assign yourself these points. Ie. if you were doing strength workouts you'd probably give yourself STR (strength) points rather than, say, STA (stamina). It was just a more specific way of doing it. A lot of people here still enjoy and use that system; I like it. Reminds me of how RPG games work. But its entirely up to you if you do, and officially, it isn't how the challenges work anyways nowadays; the "Character" page where a lot of people now track their challenges just uses one universal unit;; "XP" :)  

[e] sorry, didn't realize how old a thread this was! 

7 minutes ago, PhysicsObeysMe said:

Thank you ladies! I appreciate the clarification! It appears I have been under-assigning points to myself ... might have to fix that!  ;-)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

Thank you ladies! I appreciate the clarification! It appears I have been under-assigning points to myself ... might have to fix that!  ;-)

Give yourself ALL THE POINTS!! :D

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Looks like you've got the information you need.  On the old challenge/points system it was 15 points per challenge.  Since the change to the 4 week format (though I follow a 5 week format) I have reduced the possible points I award myself to 10.  Also, the old philosophy was always that you level up as long as you completed a challenge, regardless of how well you felt you did.  I have instead created a leveling up ladder and I will only reflect the next lvl if I have reached a certain number of stat points.  The system is really flexible and allows everyone to handle them however they want.  

Good luck! 

• Like 2

SkyGirl   
3 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Looks like you've got the information you need.  On the old challenge/points system it was 15 points per challenge.  Since the change to the 4 week format (though I follow a 5 week format) I have reduced the possible points I award myself to 10.  Also, the old philosophy was always that you level up as long as you completed a challenge, regardless of how well you felt you did.  I have instead created a leveling up ladder and I will only reflect the next lvl if I have reached a certain number of stat points.  The system is really flexible and allows everyone to handle them however they want.  

Good luck! 

I think I like the idea of leveling up being tied to points rather than completing a challenge ... thank you so much for the tips!

Guzzi   
On 26/04/2016 at 2:13 PM, LadyShello said:

STR - Strength

DEX - Dexterity

STA - Stamina

CON - Constitution

WIS - Wison

CHA - Charisma

Before the Epic Quest character creator we used those stats to award points for our challenges.  You started at level 0 and had no points.  Each challenge you could allocate a certain number of points to the skills as you deemed appropriate for your goals and then award points according to how well you felt you accomplished your goals and then level up.  Many of us has kept these stats and levels going even though the points and level system has essentially moved to the epic quest.  

Is there a guide somewhere for how to allocate XP?  A new member (@juliebarkley) wanted to know how to allocate XP but since I don't work with any of that stuff I don't have a scooby.  I couldn't find any real guide on how much XP you can award yourself or anything.

17 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Is there a guide somewhere for how to allocate XP?  A new member (@juliebarkley) wanted to know how to allocate XP but since I don't work with any of that stuff I don't have a scooby.  I couldn't find any real guide on how much XP you can award yourself or anything.

I think they took the guide down since it isn't necessarily endorsed with the release of the epic quests.  I still like to use though. ;) 

Guzzi   
1 hour ago, LadyShello said:

I think they took the guide down since it isn't necessarily endorsed with the release of the epic quests.  I still like to use though. ;) 

Thank you for your answers, both here and in the other thread. :) 

On 16/2/2017 at 0:11 AM, Guzzi said:

It's in the FAQ section of the forums

Creating your character

Stat points and levelling up

• Like 1