35 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Let's just say it's a euphemism for a certain time of the month for the benefit of mixed company, lol.

Ah! I hadn't heard that expression before.

Not doing much during Shark Week is more than okay in my book. It can totally suck.

And that picture to explain it... XD

• Like 2

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

5 minutes ago, Dagger said:

Not doing much during Shark Week is more than okay in my book. It can totally suck.

And that picture to explain it... XD

Me neither until joining the NF forums, it is super handy here. 

Often times it is physically impossible, no point beating oneself up for it.

It's amazing, isn't it? Whoever first figured that out had a really good lol, I'm sure.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

3 hours ago, Urgan said:

It's amazing, isn't it? Whoever first figured that out had a really good lol, I'm sure.

I had a good lol from reading this line. I totally agree.

• Like 1

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

20 hours ago, Dagger said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.  I still managed to get myself into a whole bunch of trouble.

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

6-18-2016

tumblr_npkt03xN9j1s2w5q7o1_400.gif

Coming in for a PR like

Lifting

Squat - 45 1x5

85 1x3

100 1x2

140 1x1

157.5 1x3

167.5 2x3 - belted -- PR+!!

BP -    NA

OHP - 50.5 2x3 - belted

DL -    NA

PC -   55 6x3  - belted

That 157.5 felt sooooooo light, especially since I thought I was lifting 167.5….#fail Still, the 167.5 felt pretty damn light, all things considered. It was a good day. Probably due to sleep and the extra hype from having someone else around watching me. I’ll take it, whatever it was. OHP was an afterthought. I had a breakthrough on PCs and one rep the bar just kinda popped up at eye level and that was a funny moment. That’s why I did the extra set, just to play with the feeling of jumping with the momentum of the bar. Guys I’ve been hang cleaning from a dead stop like an idiot this whole time.

Aikido

BYE’d due to Shark Week.

Recovery

Protein: 16/20 - 123g

Biscuits: 1/2

Food

Another Moe’s burrito and eggs and more steak made this happen.

Sleep

Turned down the AC by one degree, sleep much improved.

Mobility

The only mobility I seem to be doing is the neck kind. Oh wait, I rolled out the bottoms of my feet and manually massaged the top of my left foot, as it was exceptionally tight for some reason.

Adulting

Laundry and dad training. He did the following:

Squat - 45 1x5

45 1x3 (we were playing with his form a bit)

92.5 3x5

BP -    45 1x5

70 3x5

OHP - NA

DL -    135 1x5

145 1x5

A simple workout, but it got the job done. Squats were work, but not too much for him by any means. Bench was easy, he had no trouble there. Deadlifts are the hardest for him, between his shape and the weight on the bar, but he is moving it like a champ. I’m going to run it like this until he fails a rep three sessions in a row and then we’ll adjust, just a plain and simple linear progression. He is going to be crazy strong so quickly, I can just tell.

Oh and ninja’d my way into Academy Sports after lunch without dad noticing as he pulled away to go back to the other side of town and bought him some Father’s Day stuff. Jerky of various kinds, specifically.

• Like 4

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

2 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one.  I still managed to get myself into a whole bunch of trouble.

tumblr_o8w0rm7tQK1ro8ysbo1_500.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Urgan said:

Squat - 45 1x5

85 1x3

100 1x2

140 1x1

157.5 1x3

167.5 2x3 - belted -- PR+!!

Congratz on the PR! :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kishi said:

You've got to play ninja with Dads sometimes. It's cool that he's getting so much strength getting ready to come down the pipe for him, though.

Also, heavy things feeling light. This is very good. :) I am glad this is happening for you.

It was a major planning win for me that day. 

It was a good day and hopefully not a fluke. 

7 hours ago, Dagger said:

Congratz on the PR! :D

Thanks~ Based on the feeling of it, there's probably many more PRs, proper ones even, on the horizon. 

• Like 3

6-19-2016

tumblr_nnjde0uhFC1urssbpo1_400.gif

Replace with a rib eye and 100% accurate

Lifting

-

Aikido

-

Recovery

Protein: 17/20 - 124g

Food

A father’s day lunch out...One 10oz rib eye, green beans, fried okra, pintos, and a biscuit later...lol. Eggroll in a bowl rounds out the majority of my protein for the day. Om nom.

Sleep

Fairly uneventful. Permanently adjusted our A/C’s programming and it seems to have agreed with us thus far. Hot days are hot.

Mobility

Neck ROM stretches and some manual massage. 

Adulting

Laundry, fetching the things to make dinner with, because I was a dumb and forgot to plan four meals for the coming week. Ooooops. A few miscellaneous things here and there, not a very eventful day overall.

1 hour ago, ixaera said:

wowzas!

Hurray!!

Rawr!

33 minutes ago, shaarawy said:

PR'S RULE!!!!!!!!!

Mm, jerky, Best Gift EVER.

Some day soon I'll be putting up real PRs...172lbs is my new 1.5xBW and it feels perfectly attainable right now.

Om nom nom. Strangely practical presents ftw. 

• Like 1

WEEK 2 DEBRIEF!

tumblr_o84t7wC1UB1s1mluxo1_500.gif

That head thing again

I am ashamed of all of you for not calling out my failure to post a recap for Week 2! Seriously though, it totally blew by me somehow...so here it is, shotgun style right before Week 3’s, lol.

Lifting

Squats have been treating me pretty well, I did discover a forward-leaning issue at the bottom of the squat that appears at random and needs to be dealt with. The very first week of OHP on TM was, predictably, straightforward enough. It’s about to get heavy on deadlifts, however…

Had my first training session with dad and immediately clashed with the H Y staff. Sigh. So much for letting people alone to self-improve without interfering with their training plan….

Aikido

Fun aikido practice was interrupted by me jangling my upper traps and creating happy fun hell well into Week 3. Yay. We had a nice discussion about Shinkendo and, while it doesn’t have much to do with Aikido, demonstrates why I appreciate the dojo I am in now. Speaking of which, in the dojo, we practiced: bokken suburi 1-4, kokyunage, iriminage, and a choke escape drill.

Recovery

Protein: 11/20 - 111g AVG

Food

A protein fail this week, but biscuits were made on Wednesday!

Sleep

Sleep was mixed--sometimes okay, other times terrible. The combination of trap tension and hot temperatures likely were to blame.

Mobility

Mobility was sketchy and mostly confined to trying to make life bearable re: trap tension.

Adulting

Holding steady on adulting, I am not a slug yet!

WEEK 3 DEBRIEF!

tumblr_o6zg0ddt1q1rz1rzuo1_500.png

Adventures at the H Y

Lifting

Lifted three days in a row due to the bleeping H Y, did not die. Scored a sweet, sweet squat PR, found out I was getting forward at the bottom of the squat because of bar positioning on my neck, and got a few good PC reps in because I actually tried jumping with the momentum of the bar instead of being an idiot for a change of pace.

Aikido

Aikido has been BYE’d almost this entire week due to Shark Week and general exhaustion, but on Monday we did nikkyo, irimi and tenkan, and engaged in a little randori.

Recovery

Protein: 17/20 - 125g AVG

Food

Protein was much stronger this week overall.

Sleep

Sleep improved later in the week after adjusting the thermostat to accommodate better for the heat. Maybe this will be a trend?

Mobility

Trying to contain the trap tension. Did get a massage, though, and then barely any....lol.

Adulting

Keeping up with the basics around the house plus keeping my folks on track for their first week of MFP tracking...winning

• Like 1

Just now, Dagger said:

Seems like two pretty good weeks all in all. :)

Can't complain too much, yeah. Moving on to bigger and better with Week 4!

• Like 1

Yeah, it sounds like the past couple of weeks have gone as well as you could have hoped for. You're surviving the new restrictions on your training and even PR'ing despite having to go in and push day after day to keep Y Staff off your back.

I guess the plan is working! Good job!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Yeah, it sounds like the past couple of weeks have gone as well as you could have hoped for. You're surviving the new restrictions on your training and even PR'ing despite having to go in and push day after day to keep Y Staff off your back.

I guess the plan is working! Good job!

We do what we must, right? Carefully we proceed~

• Like 2

6-20-2016

giphy.gif

Like this

Lifting

Squat - 45 1x5

76.5 3x5

BP -    NA

OHP - 45 1x3

45 3x5

DL -    NA

PC -   57.5 1x3

57.5 2x2

57.5 2x0

Lame workout was lame. I had a headache coming into the gym, it snuck up on me like a polar bear over the course of the early afternoon. I figured it was dumb old tension (pain over my eyes and at the back of my head) so paid it no mind. Once again, dad had started before me and put 20 more pounds on the bar than he was supposed to (sigh...didn’t look at his programming because Forgot He Had Access…). It was work for him, but of course he could do it. Backed him down because he’ll run into a wall if he just went with the 115 for two more sets. [Got a call about an interview for Wednesday here…] Three sets of 95 was plenty at that point. Then I put the bar on my back and I felt an increase in pressure at the back of my eyes. After the warmup set, I jumped into the “work” sets and wow did that hurt the back of my head. Did the sets anyway.

We worked on OHP form a bit where he’ll be able to take advantage of the stretch reflex from hips up to pop the bar overhead more easily. I had to demo the form, hence the random triple. He’s getting the hang of it. 3x5 with the empty bar and a minute’s rest between sets was pretty taxing, sigh.

During his warmup deadlift set, dad discovered a little twinge in his lower back. It was revealed there was much bending and twisting on a ladder while painting earlier in the day. We did a couple test reps, then did one final set and it felt a little better. Called it a day without increasing the weight there.

While he walked a bit, I did PC’s...or...tried to. By this point I had strong doubts what I was dealing with was tension. There was a lot less spring in my step today. A LOT less...I didn’t fail both of those reps technically, but I had to kind of compensate for insufficient explosion and couldn’t in good conscience count that crap as a full rep. Might go up in weight, might start back at the empty bar to once again iron out the technique flaw I discovered on Saturday.

Today was the start of Shark Week, the extended mix. Shark Week brings hormone migraines, which are distinguished from tension by use of eyes intensifies the pain, and nothing shy of sitting in a dark room with eyes closed helps.

F.

F’ing Shark Week.

Aikido

I was all set to go to the dojo during the day, but then the migraine struck. Given physical activity doesn’t help this kind where it does definitely help tension migraines, I decided all I wanted to do was to go find a dark room.

Recovery

Protein: 18/20 - 125g

Food

Leftover Eggroll in a Bowl for lunch and Chicken Enchilada Casserole (74g protein...one serving. Just sayin'.) for dinner made up the bulk of the protein for today. Throw in some eggs and there you go.

Sleep

Sleep is actually improving. Shocking, I know. Plz don’t tell anybody. Tension and heat has been causing trouble recently. I slept in a bit because it felt like the kind of day where I needed the extra rest.

Mobility

Does curling up in a ball count? If I’m being charitable, I did apply some pressure to my neck and shoulders trying in vain to find the culprit. Woomp Woomp.

Adulting

Making dinner way ahead of time on the assumption I’d be going to aikido, while getting lunch in and doing dishes in a smaller amount of time than normal because Slept In...not sure if that’s an adulting win or fail, oh well. Laundry tiems + clean sheets, too.

21 hours ago, Kishi said:

As they say in Russia, die but do.

Almost got there, lol.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I found the good news!

Sorry to hear about that butthole migraine sneaking up on you. Migraines have a way of table flipping on even the best laid plans...

Lol, it was buried in there, wasn't it? 

You'd think by now I'd be able to effortlessly switch gears and be ready for it, but at the last minute it always comes as a surprise somehow when the headache doesn't obey the same rules as it usually does. 

6-21-2016

tumblr_o8v8v852zy1urlrpuo1_400.gif

I could do that job

Lifting

Squat - 45 1x5

75 1x3

100 1x2

130 1x1

153 6x3 - belted

BP -    45 1x5 - belted

50 1x3 - belted

60 1x1 - belted

71 6x3 - belted

OHP - NA

DL -    160 1x3 - belted

190 2x3 - belted

PC -   NA

I did the thing, Shark Week be damned. It was more difficult than last week, perhaps just because of the obvious, but don't care. I was still able to hit two sets in deadlifts, which is epic. Not that long ago I couldn't get a triple of 187.5.

Aikido

Forward L/R -

Backward L/R -

Breakfall L/R -

Knee Walk F/B -

Heck yes. I'm so done with not doing these...so I did them. Funnily enough, the world didn't end.

Recovery

Protein: 19/20 - 118g

Food

So...so I had a Food Incident today. I was a good girl, I did not stop anywhere on the way home despite wanting a frozen treat because I told myself I would make my own smoothie thing in the blender that is not in fact a trap. I put the frozen fruit in, I put a cup of deep, deep red juice in, and....the deep, deep red juice ran out the bottom of the blender, through the base. Everywhere. There were a total of two paper towels left on the dispenser. I ran and grabbed another roll and cleaned it all up and in the process of cleaning up and in trying to reattach the freshly discovered detachable base of the pitcher I cracked the plastic base that holds the blades inside the pitcher. You must align it perfectly and the warning sign of it being too tight is CRACK. Sigh. Goodbye, cheap crap blender...

I drove to a place and ordered a smoothie that did not have any dairy in it. I was good AND I got my drink, damnit.

Sleep

Unremarkable, which is the best thing that one can say about sleep IMHO.

Mobility

I made my neck pop! And it actually felt pretty good. I did some pretty serious neck stretching, rolled my upper back, and poked around my knees a bit.

Adulting

Uh...accidentally did two loads of laundry a day early, reran dishes that didn't get clean...panicked that the job position I will be interviewing for is just going to be a complete slaughter of my self-worth because it sounds more like a mid-level position than a junior one AGH. It has a very, VERY long list of things it expects one to be able to do, including mentoring junior level and entry level people of same position. WTF. Turns out it seems to be identical in description to the mid-level equivalent position they are also looking to hire someone for, sooooo somebody got fast and loose with the copy-paste, there. The fear was so real, guys.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I put the frozen fruit in, I put a cup of deep, deep red juice in, and....the deep, deep red juice ran out the bottom of the blender, through the base. Everywhere.

Oh noes! You handled it great.

5 minutes ago, Urgan said:

because it sounds more like a mid-level position than a junior one AGH. It has a very, VERY long list of things it expects one to be able to do, including mentoring junior level and entry level people of same position. WTF. Turns out it seems to be identical in description to the mid-level equivalent position they are also looking to hire someone for, sooooo somebody got fast and loose with the copy-paste, there.

Ugh! So typical. And however sure you are this is crappy copy-paste it still sucks so hard. I can totally get why you're afraid. I'm crossing my fingers for it going well.