2 minutes ago, Urgan said:

tumblr_nx5i9aNSB31rluhlpo1_400.gif

Lookit that cute lil trash panda

2 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I fully admit that I self-medicate with vanilla shakes. Sinus trouble? Vanilla shake. Sore throat? Vanilla shake. Indigestion? Vanilla shake. Bad mood? Vanilla shake.

This is me, but with any sweets. Headache? Chocolate bar will clear that right up... lol nope

3 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Speaking of Dad, his eating patterns are becoming more restrained. As of today he’s down 7lbs and that’s WITH some food in him at the time of weighing. It’s only been a month and we don’t even have him on an actual cut! God bless barbells.  

Wow! Go Dad!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ixaera said:

This is me, but with any sweets. Headache? Chocolate bar will clear that right up... lol nope

Mine is pizza.  No matter what.  Ultimate cure-all.  WHY?!!?

Mm, funfetti cheesecake..........

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

2 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Lookit that cute lil trash panda

tumblr_o5ivdtsLq51qzi6sbo1_500.jpg

2 minutes ago, ixaera said:

The basic properties of shakes is what makes me reach for 'em to steady the stomach--not quite a TUMS for people with issues digesting dairy, lol, but if you don't they work well. There's a reason why some taste like chalk....

3 minutes ago, shaarawy said:

Mine is pizza.  No matter what.  Ultimate cure-all.  WHY?!!?

Mm, funfetti cheesecake..........

Lol, emotional support pizza. 

Funfetti cheesecake is a sight to behold. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

7-5-2016

tumblr_o9e76jjjGD1smgwg4o1_500.jpg

Could have used this

Recovery

Food!

Cals - 2,198

Protein - 106

Variance - 0/1

Not the best day ever, but I fought to get that 106--waaay leftover chicken and rice, four bacon-wrapped steak bites, and Pasta with Sausage, Sage, and Peas for dinner. Sadly, dinner was not a major protein source because the grocery store decided to not carry the brand of hickory-smoked sausage and I had to substitute with the least offensive alternative. Said alternative was 12oz, not even 1lb....

Mobility!

Feet - 1/12

Hips - 1/12

Neck - 1/12

A hot soak in the tub, liberal application of mag lotion, and some poking around of the left leg and left arm/shoulder today~ I think this is another episode of "I hurt my shoulder, so it travels down to my elbow before it gets better."

Lifting

Just Say NO to Thoracic Flexion

Squat - 45 1x5

85 1x3

105 1x2

135 1x1

157 6x3 - belted

BP -    45 1x5 - belted

50 1x3 - belted

60 1x1 - belted

71.5 6x3 - belted

OHP - NA

DL -    160 1x3 - belted

200 2x3 - belted

PC -   NA

157 was pretty difficult to get through today, my messing with my grip and stance didn't really help much. Had a few strong sets, but for the most part it was a struggle. Bench was pretty standard. That deadlift, though, technically a volume PR because I haven't lifted this much before. Wow was it hard. 

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 1/12

Rolls + Shikko - 0/4

Dojo Mobility - x

Yay breakfalls. I did some. Feeling a little rusty at 'em, need to refamiliarize myself.

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

7-6-2016

tumblr_o0amicAaK21uazmayo1_500.jpg

Today's pace

Recovery

Food!

Cals - 2,204

Protein - 111

Variance - 0/1

I blame a last minute dinner change for the low-ish numbers, buuuut they technically meet specs, so no apologies~ Chicken soboro donburi toniiiiiiight.

Did I mention I discovered BCAAs give me mad killer gas? Yeah, well they do. No more BCAAs for me. Digestion has become fairly stable over this week thus far.

Mobility!

Feet - 2/12

Hips - 2/12

Neck - 2/12

Poked left thumb, arm, and shoulder in addition to fulfilling my goal requirements. Neck is super poppy, but remarkably low on tension. I WILL TAKE IT. ROM work all over the place.

Lifting

-

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 1/12

Rolls + Shikko - 0/4

Dojo Mobility - x

-

What a BORING day. No aikido, no lifting, I scrubbed a bathroom floor on hands and knees and finally got rid of long-dried paint that previous owners’ painters spilled on tile floor while painting bathroom. WHAT EXCITE. #whyIlift

Note on sleep: I've had a better time getting to sleep recently, less compulsion to nap, all that stuff.

• Like 2

7-7-2016

tumblr_o9fdrrsqeQ1sffqq1o1_500.gif

Small critter, big attitude

Recovery

Food!

Cals - 2,242

Protein - 110

Variance - 0/1

Fooding, fooding, fooding….made mucho filling for meat-stuffed bell peppers and only half made it inside a pepper. This hit my protein count hard, so I had to make it up with EGGS.

Mobility!

Feet - 2/12

Hips - 2/12

Neck - 3/12

Quad stretches, epsom salt bath for a cranky right knee, neck stretching/massage. A fairly responsible round of mobility. Especially given that my knees/adductors, which were kinda talkative into the next day after volume day, are rather quiet now. Whew.

Lifting

Squat - 45 1x5

85 1x3

105 1x2

135 1x1

157 4x3 - belted

BP -    NA

OHP - 46 4x3 - belted

DL -    160 1x3 - belted

202.5 2x3 - belted

PC -   NA

So , 157 is kinda hard to maintain decent form with--I did my best to improve knee position going down into the hole, as that feels to be the weakest part. OHP ain’t no thing, being so freshly on TM it will take a while to amount to anything. Good. Deadlifts I was scared of, TBPH. Dad was with me today because schedule changes, so I got him to video the last set of my deadlifts because I was worried about my back trying to go all candycane style on me. Turns out it wasn’t really so bad at all--I can see it a bit, but it doesn’t look that terrible to my eyes. I also experimented with letting go of the bar completely for just a second or two just to see what it felt like, having seen video of Spezzy popping up to brace between reps. It actually cut down on the down time between reps, if anything. (Why do I experiment the very same time as I decide to take video?? Why??? Oh well.)  

It’s not the best video ever, but we’ll work on it. I need to take more video of my lifts and now that I have a friendly to assist, this will be a lot easier to make happen. Also, the relief, you can see it at the end, right? Lol. I need to stop being so worried about what I’m feeling, just tape that shit so I can see if there is in fact an actual problem, and carry on doing the thing. Any commentary/opinions on the above video are fine, I’m neither desperate for help nor so proud as to refuse it.

Note: I’m tweaking my programming a little--it’s still 100% TM, just that I’m making adjustments in stages to try to prolong the life of this progression! It won’t show up right away, I’m laying out a six week “cycle” (with this week as Week 1) that takes me from where I started with squats for the last 4 months (!!!) to a significantly modified regime for squats and deadlifts--bench and OHP I initially didn’t have plans to modify on the immediate horizon ‘cuz I just got started with them and aren’t even remotely hard 89% of the time, yeah? But then I realized how easy they were, how I want to add volume to my upper body stuff because it is lagging behind, so...that is just what those are going to get! I'll point the changes out as they roll out.

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 1/12

Rolls + Shikko - 0/4

Dojo Mobility - x

No breakfall practice today. Because I’m bad. And the gym was full. And my back was in question. I’ll figure out some way to make it up.

• Like 3

Sweet relief!!

I need to video my lifts for real, and post a few for critique/etc.  I had some but my phone re-softwared itself and ate them.  Sigh.

Aaaand now I want stuffed peppers.  *dreams*

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Sweet relief!!

Made it through my sets for another day. It's like staving off Death or something...

I need to video my lifts for real, and post a few for critique/etc.  I had some but my phone re-softwared itself and ate them.  Sigh.

Boo on phone eating videos, any time you wanna post form check you know I'll be there~

4 minutes ago, shaarawy said:

Aaaand now I want stuffed peppers.  *dreams*

OM NOM NOM. 

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Made it through my sets for another day. It's like staving off Death or something...

10x10 :panda:

I thought the deadlifts look good!

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

18 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

10x10 :panda:

#nope All you, man. 

18 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

I thought the deadlifts look good!

As someone who doesn't really look at herself much while lifting, it is a major relief. You get nervous that your max effort lifts have terrible form and oh look, I actually am doing it right. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Urgan said:

#nope All you, man. 

What is it they say about misery?

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

7-8-2016

tumblr_o8fghoXfQN1vr8rroo1_500.gif

Playin' doc again

Recovery

Food!

Cals - 2,419

Protein - 114

Variance - 0/1

TAMALES, I CAN HAS. QUOTA, I CAN STILL HAS.

Mobility!

Feet - 3/12

Hips - 3/12

Neck - 4/12

Worked on Mike’s freshly diagnosed (by me) plantar fasciitis. Oh what fun. Soaked in warm water, rolled, thumb massaged (differentiating between the present problem and the discovery that an older problem may not have gone away...), mag lotioned. Noted he has greater overall tension all the way up his leg with PF compared to non-PF leg. Not a coincidence, I don't think. We’re going to get the opinion of a chiro friend of ours and/or visit my massage therapist to work on this and some other foot issues. Had a long conversation about mobility, muscles, and stuff.

Did all the usual to myself, some serious adductor stretching, too.

Lifting

Guys, I can do 4 strict chin-ups from hanging! Yay me!

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 1/12

Rolls + Shikko - 0/4

Dojo Mobility - x

-

I had so much productivity today. I got out of bed, even! Seriously, though, cats claws were clipped, dishes were cycled, plants watered twice, garbage taken out, jobs applied to, new recipes were acquired, groceries gotten, and all that Mike mobility. And all while I felt like I got run over by a truck and mugged for my life force.

14 hours ago, Kishi said:

But it's a good feeling to know that all that effort is going to something that you want it to, yeah?

Oh yeah, no complaints about it going all out, I just have a minor phobia of being stapled in squats and coming up, 207.5 is the most I've deadlifted, so....intimidation is a thing. That said, I've managed for two triples what I could barely do for one triple and often failed in the attempt, so already ahead of the game a bit, yeah? 

11 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

What is it they say about misery?

Does it help I'm trying to do higher rep sets on Mondays? Not exactly ten of 'em, but it definitely has been testing me thus far and is about to get a little steeper...

• Like 5

7-9-2016

tumblr_o9n8exUDE91qb00mjo1_500.jpg

Intensity day got me like

Recovery

Food!

Cals - 2,465

Protein - 112

Variance - 0/1

Some variance day this was supposed to be….leftover Mexican + laaaarge smoothie (44oz large) + chicken and green beans + eggs. Nothing cooked, but the bases were covered.

Mobility!

Feet - 3/12

Hips - 3/12

Neck - 4/12

Did some decent yoga after ukemi, about 10 minutes or so of whole body work.

Lifting

Squat - 45 1x5

95 1x3

115 1x2

145 1x1

175 1x3 - belted

BP -    45 1x5 - belted

60 1x3 - belted

70 1x1 - belted

80 2x3 - belted

OHP - NA

DL -    NA

PC -   45 5x5 - belted

I am not pleased with how hard this whole session was--intensity day squats were barely doable and that 80lbs was far too heavy for its own good. NOT good at all. PCs were all about practicing the jump and the rack positions, I rarely do them well simultaneously. Coordination, what? The redness/bruising formation attests that my aim is getting more consistently precise and higher than I’d been “racking” before, and there was even a red spot on one of my shoulders. I’ll be doing this until I’m satisfied I’ve learned how to do both in the same rep consistently.

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 2/12

Rolls + Shikko - 1/4

Dojo Mobility - x

Did the thing. Had to do a few more than 2 per for breakfalls because Relearning How Do.

• Like 2

7-10-2016

tumblr_nosts3jnCz1qksh5ho1_r1_500.gif

Ow ow ow ow

Recovery

Food!

Cals - 2,286

Protein - 104g

Variance - 0/1

...lol. Nothing exciting. Leftovers + lasagna bowl with the teeeeniest of dairy in it. I am trying to be good.

Mobility!

Feet - 4/12

Hips - 4/12

Neck - 4/12

More beating on hubs. We took turns soaking in the tub before the beating began. Hip/glute down to his left foot. By the time I got to the foot, we realized the area was a lot less sensitive and I could “get away with” applying levels of force on the bottom of his foot that would have him in pain. We are making progress, people. YAY PROGRESS. Our chiro friend told Mike to keep doing what we're doing for a week and if it doesn't improve it'll be time to book an appointment. Methinks it's safe to say this issue won't be a problem. Other stuff, however....

He returned the favor and worked on a hip issue that was bothering me all evening, along with the most brutal hamstring and adductor session I’ve possibly ever had. Totally got rid of the tugging on the medial side of my knees, hooray for that. After all that was over with, I rolled the bottoms of my feet for the win.

Lifting

Deadhang chins 2x2 -- yay upper body training I desperately need. Now to work up to about about a billion of these….

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 2/12

Rolls + Shikko - 1/4

Dojo Mobility - x

-

Sleep has been fairly good lately--to bed late, up later than I'd like, but not much interruption once I got to sleep.

• Like 3

WEEK 1 DEBRIEF

tumblr_oa21zfBlf81ufbwoco1_250.gif

This about sums it up

Recovery

Food!

AVG Cals - 2,276

AVG Protein - 109

Variance - 0/1

7/3/16                                   7/10/16

Weight: 115.6 lbs                  Weight: 116.0 lbs (+.4lbs)

Waist: 23.5"                           Waist: 23.3" (-.2")

Hips: 32.0"                             Hips: 32.3"  (+.3")

Biceps(L/R): 10.0"/10.0"        Biceps(L/R): 10.0"/10.0" (NA, NA)

Forearm(L/R): 9.0"/9.0"         Forearm(L/R): 9.0"/9.0" (NA, NA)

Thighs(L/R): 20.0"/20.25"     Thighs(L/R): 20.0"/20.0" (NA, -.25")

Calves(L/R): 11.9"/11.9"        Calves(L/R): 11.7"/11.8" (-.2", -.1")

I'm going to blame the Mexican food, because all of the salt in the known universe was in there. It was a much lighter week otherwise, moreso in protein than I would have liked, but that's what the remaining three weeks are for. 

Mobility!

Feet - 4/12

Hips - 4/12

Neck - 4/12

So far, so good, right? No tension migraines, no problems. My hips need a lot of attention, still.

Lifting

The transition from last weekend to this weekend has proven squats are on the edge of failure, perhaps due to the poor sleep, perhaps that was just coincidence. I decided it was time to examine my programming and make some minor changes to prolong its longevity.

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 2/12

Rolls + Shikko - 1/4

Dojo Mobility - x

Kind of a draw on this quest, due to the holiday. I shall return to the dojo in Week 2!

• Like 4

Stupid notification stupids.

How did the biscuit making go in June?

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

I swear the little blue bubbles/stars defy logic. Post in a battle log a year ago? STAR. Not post in a challenge for two weeks? You never did that! The Biscuiting was delicious. I made these:

http://iamafoodblog.com/mini-cream-cheese-green-onion-biscuits-spicy-sausage-gravy/ (they aren't fooling about the 'mini'....double or nothin'.)

http://www.melissassouthernstylekitchen.com/cheddar-bacon-buttermilk-drop-biscuits

They were really, REALLY good. Would make again 100%.

• Like 1

giphy.gif

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Found you. I'm here for the fun and gainz.

All the gainz are belong to us!

4 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

giphy.gif

Welcome aboard! July's agenda is here

31 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I swear the little blue bubbles/stars defy logic. Post in a battle log a year ago? STAR. Not post in a challenge for two weeks? You never did that! The Biscuiting was delicious. I made these:

http://iamafoodblog.com/mini-cream-cheese-green-onion-biscuits-spicy-sausage-gravy/ (they aren't fooling about the 'mini'....double or nothin'.)

http://www.melissassouthernstylekitchen.com/cheddar-bacon-buttermilk-drop-biscuits

They were really, REALLY good. Would make again 100%.

That second recipe sounds absolutely superb.

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

1 minute ago, miss_marissa said:

That second recipe sounds absolutely superb.

It was, and I put in enough cheese that honestly they were cheez-its shaped like biscuits! In the best way possible, lol. 

• Like 2