33 minutes ago, Urgan said:

This is a fair point and at first I was on the side of 1x5 (or 1x3), because I'd been doing 2x3 up until taking a deour to failville...but with 2 fewer sessions, that a LOT less volume. I'm putting MOAR VOLUME to the test because squats appear to be following a similar trajectory--beginning with The Night of Three Hours' Sleep.... * coughs * This failure to recover beginning a decline in adaptation is not lost on me. A pyramid scheme suggests you too need greater volume to make progress, it's just organized differently~ 

It's hard, but I'll keep at it until I determine there's no amount of hard work that will overcome insufficient recovery. In fact, if squats and deadlifts are indeed blocking one another, I won't try to ride it out anymore but begin transitioning to a program that keeps squats and pulls apart. Discussions of how far to ride these programs out mostly relays relative strength in poundages suitable for men but for women I have a series of principles and facts and little else to guide me. Who wants to cling to a program where no reasonable progress is being made yet I've only just begun to PR on TM--possible reason for this is a really protracted advanced novice progression, but then who's upset for making a 1.5xBW squat on a novice program?? I'd like to view this as inefficiently optimized programming transition from novice to intermediate and not say my time as a novice was FUBAR. Also, you can't put a price on taking command of weights on an intermediate program that I struggled with as a novice--that counts as strength gains, too. 

Again, fair points and I can't say I've COMPLETELY eliminated the idea of something like a deficit deadlift or halting, because failure always occurs at the shins and it would indeed be a way to moderate deadlift-created stress (subbed in on volume day, no doubt...). That would be a midway point between what I have now and bailing for 4DTM that would indeed call for some accessory work here and there. 

Haha, I think it says something about my lifting mentality that I kind of consider my first two working sets for 5/3/1 part of my warm-up. If it's not heavy enough to need a belt, it doesn't count, right? :P

It sounds like you've got a good plan for deadlifts, and plenty of back-up strategies if plan A doesn't pan out. Look forward to seeing how it goes! And I'll second the sentiment that I bolded -- progress isn't always measured in PRs.

• Like 1

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12  

I have nothing useful to say as far as how to get strong on the TM program, but I know what it's like to plan a lot and to throw a lot of energy into it. Be careful with this. Just because it should work on paper doesn't mean it will. The body doesn't win any awards for brains. :D

• Like 2
21 hours ago, ChrisWithaStick said:

If nothing else, it means I get posts from the threads I follow again, which is nice.  There were a few weeks where no updates.  Since I'm only reading about once a week during the summer of slack, that means a LOT of catching up to do. 

Regarding working - if it's wearing on you to not be doing so, then yeah, get something P/T and get out of the house.  Retail - pros could be lots of practice dealing with people, both good and bad, minimal to no heavy lifting to interfere with your training, and depending on the store, discounts on stuff you might want - when I worked at Restoration Hardware, we had people get part time jobs just for that, and they were often good workers since they had a goal. I worked stock room, which was fun - occasionally got to work with customers, and otherwise kept moving in the day. Cons - you get to deal with unhappy customers some days, and you're on your feet on concrete (usually) most of the shift.

Trucks - if delivering, you'd be doing lots of small, and some heavy lifts in the day, so not sure how that'd impact your training.   However, I've not noticed very many out of shape drivers - usually the opposite, so might be a good fit. 

Either way - it's amazing what getting out of the house, and adding some income to either bank or help with the bills can do for your mental state, and sometimes just-doing-something can help un-stick other job search endeavors.

Hey, if it means only good things happen from here on out when they're updating the forums, I'm down for that. 

Yeah, I'm kinda going in that direction, just because the prospects for what I really want to do look bleak (right now?) and I really need to do something soon. 

21 hours ago, Alanna said:

Haha, I think it says something about my lifting mentality that I kind of consider my first two working sets for 5/3/1 part of my warm-up. If it's not heavy enough to need a belt, it doesn't count, right? :P

It sounds like you've got a good plan for deadlifts, and plenty of back-up strategies if plan A doesn't pan out. Look forward to seeing how it goes! And I'll second the sentiment that I bolded -- progress isn't always measured in PRs.

Hey, if those sets are >85% of the current work set, they go in my warm-up, too! Totally normal. And if it isn't the last warm-up set, definitely not belted, because if you need a belt for the 60% of workset weight, well now....

I hope so, not got too much ego to realize I have a real plateau to deal with, but I'm not out of options by any means. Feel free to smack me on the back of the head if the solution is obvious and I miss it. My training log is on a Google Sheet, so if it comes to that I can post that for everyone to point and laugh at, lol.

20 hours ago, Kishi said:

I have nothing useful to say as far as how to get strong on the TM program, but I know what it's like to plan a lot and to throw a lot of energy into it. Be careful with this. Just because it should work on paper doesn't mean it will. The body doesn't win any awards for brains. :D

You could always suggest I do the actual Texas Method, lol. I wasn't doing it on deadlifts, actually, because I thought for some reason I should be milking novice gains when all my other lifts are well into intermediate territory (I think my bench is just weak in general, which might connect to my deadlift trouble by way of traps. Damn you, traps). I am self-caring so hardcore, hoping to avoid snapping myself in two or something. I worked really hard over the last two weeks, and don't anticipate that changing all that much going into the new week, but that doesn't mean some warning system shouldn't be built in, yeah??

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

7-16-2016

tumblr_lxrs26kkN41r82tpao1_500.gif

Guess what kind of food I had for lunch/dinner/whatever?

Recovery

Food!

Cals - 2,189

Protein - 115

Variance - 0/1

Lol, let me tell you a story. Dad and I were at the gym, doing our thing when I got a text that a mishap had occurred and I was needed to correct it, so...while it didn't end up screwing up our gym time, it did screw with my food plans for the day. Cue eating crazy amounts of protein at very late hours to make up for it. Agh.

Mobility!

Hips - 6/12

Neck - 6/12

None to speak of, was on the run!

Lifting

Just Say NO to Thoracic Flexion

Squat -  45 1x5

115 1x3

150 1x1

177.5 2x2 - belted--PR+2.5!!

BP -    NA

OHP - 51.5 1x3 - belted

DL -    160 1x3 - belted, deficit

185 3x3 - belted, deficit

PC -   NA

Ah yes, it appears the extra Volume was a benefit and did not in fact kill me, which means it will make me stonger, lol. Programming that in for the remainder of the cycle and we'll see how far this train can run. Here is a video of the first squat set, for your amusement:

Hello back-off deadlifts, my old friend, in triplicate and "deficit" for the gains? The "deficit" was using my squat shoes and let me confirm this was hard as CRUD. I need to pay attention to my upper back status, because that, hamstrings, and/or the feeling of the bar getting a little bit (like, an inch at most? Not sure) farther from my midline than it ought to have been did me in on that failed rep.

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 5/12

Rolls + Shikko - 3/4

Dojo Mobility - x

Did all my ukemi, with tweaked form on forward rolls (tucking my head to make the route clear to roll over the shoulder more consistently). Everything else felt good, I am glad I am making myself keep the basic rolls "fresh"-ish in my mind, because I am under the distinct impression that they will fade fast until they become second nature.

• Like 5

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

7-17-2016

tumblr_nf9f7ev7RV1qir2dao1_500.jpg

Crazy-colored nonsense

Recovery

Food!

Cals - 2,305

Protein - 114

Variance - 0/1

We made Pulled Beef for dinner and wow what I difference an extra 15 minutes makes in the pressure cooker (that’s a grand total of 3.5 hours of cooking!). Also do yourself a favor and make this sometime. Seriously. I tipped the balance of the sauce more in the favor of the dijon/balsamic and less on the ketchup, a very good choice IMHO.

Oh and belated FUNFETTI CHEESECAKE is in the fridge, chillin’.

Mobility!

Neck - 7/12

Hips - 6/12

Massage tiems hit my hamstrings, quads, adductors, and both arms from shoulders to thumbs. Did my own neck stretches + mobility. Mike of course got The Treatment as well, and appears to be on an upswing--yesterday he ran sprints and was quite footsore on the one with PF, but within 24 hours feels better. I don’t think it was necessarily such a bad idea after all.

Lifting

-

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 5/12

Rolls + Shikko - 3/4

Dojo Mobility - x

-

Chore day~ Laundry, dishes, cooking. Otherwise, sat on my butt and rested. 100% content with this arrangement.

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Congrats on your squat PR! And it was so smooth!

Thanks~ It was such work (my face is very red), so seeing it on video is kinda bizarre, lol. 

• Like 1

WEEK 2 DEBRIEF

tumblr_o2tcpvBKVf1uybarho1_500.png

On point, in charge

Recovery

Food!

AVG Cals - 2,283

AVG Protein - 120

Variance - 0/1

7/10/16                                   7/18/16

Weight: 116.0 lbs                  Weight: 115.8 lbs (-.2") 

Waist: 23.3"                           Waist: 23.0" (-.3")

Hips: 32.3"                             Hips: 31.8"  (-.5")

Biceps(L/R): 10.0"/10.0"        Biceps(L/R): 10.1"/10.3" (+.1", +.3")

Forearm(L/R): 9.0"/9.0"         Forearm(L/R): 9.1"/9.3" (+.1", +.3")

Thighs(L/R): 20.0"/20.0"        Thighs(L/R): 20.1"/20.4" (+.1", +.4")

Calves(L/R): 11.7"/11.8"        Calves(L/R): 11.8"/11.7" (+.1", -.1")

Now THAT is what I'm talking about, both my macros and my measurements. Exactly what I want to see.

Mobility!

Feet - 4/12

Neck - 7/12

Hips - 6/12

So maybe I did a bad thing with my feet, and gonna lay off a bit to see if it returns to normal levels of mobility. Sheesh, this is supposed to make my foot looser, not tighter LOL. Otherwise, I've done pretty well thus far, right?

Lifting

The extra volume made a world of difference for my squats, unfortunately deadlifts betrayed me when I thought I had a PR, soooo back to 185 I went. Moar programming tweaks, we'll see what the next weeks bring! Hopefully gains. I'd like some deadlift gains, plz.

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 5/12

Rolls + Shikko - 3/4

Dojo Mobility - x

Werkin' it. Nikyo is getting more polished, irimi and tenkan, and made some strides on bokken suburi.

6 hours ago, Urgan said:

We made Pulled Beef for dinner and wow what I difference an extra 15 minutes makes in the pressure cooker (that’s a grand total of 3.5 hours of cooking!). Also do yourself a favor and make this sometime. Seriously. I tipped the balance of the sauce more in the favor of the dijon/balsamic and less on the ketchup, a very good choice IMHO.

Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to use my slow cooker for the first time this week. So I'll have a recipe to try later :D

5 hours ago, Urgan said:

Now THAT is what I'm talking about, both my macros and my measurements. Exactly what I want to see.

YAY!

The rest of it also sounds good. Adjustments when needed, executing the rest.

5 hours ago, Urgan said:

tumblr_o2tcpvBKVf1uybarho1_500.png

I'm a huge Super Mario fan. <3

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

18 hours ago, Dagger said:

Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to use my slow cooker for the first time this week. So I'll have a recipe to try later :D

First time to use the slow cooker? I use a pressure cooker, but it's just two paths to the same deliciousness. I have a feeling you're gonna love it, lol. 

YAY!

The rest of it also sounds good. Adjustments when needed, executing the rest.

It's amazing what +-200 calories can do.

I'm a huge Super Mario fan. <3

Mario is OG--Original Gaming, lol.

• Like 2

7-18-2016

tumblr_o5sx6q8DEu1r7iykuo1_500.png

Tenchinage starts innocently enough....

Recovery

Food!

Cals - 2,476

Protein - 140

Variance - 0/1

SOMEHOW I managed to eat the pulled beef and green beans, half a thing of zoodles, a cookie, a bit of chicken piccata, a smidge of the cheesecake (I gotta try it, stomach, pipe down it was a tablespoon’s worth), chocolate, and it all came under the mark. I had to get creative to make it happen, though, lol~

Mobility!

Hips - 6/12

Neck - 7/12

...lol no.

Lifting

Squat - 45 1x5

80.5 3x6

BP -   NA

OHP - NA

DL -    NA

PC -   45 5x3

This is where I’m feeling my strength, because this was a total joke. Normally high reps kills me, but not this. I’m glad, as it’s kinda the point to look busy but not actually stress my body, ya know? I think I need to jump in weight for the PCs in order for the movement pattern to actually be tested--it’s too easy to yank the empty bar up my leg and there’s no real heft to it to work with, if that makes sense.

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 5/12

Rolls + Shikko - 3/4

Dojo Mobility - ✓

I managed to stretch a bit, to the best of my ability. It wasn't Shark Week per say, more like a fin surfacing from far away, and it Discouraged me from adopting certain postures. Otherwise, totally normal session. We worked tenchinage--or rather, I did and my partner, who's a white belt, did kotegaeshi. She was very, VERY rattled about remembering the steps of irimi and tenkan, but we got her through it and hopefully she feels better about it. My tenchinage improved a bit, I think--it's been so long since I've done it, so it was getting rusty, lol. So many techniques, so little brain space to store them.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Urgan said:

Guess who has an interview sometime next week (TBD)...

603.gif

OOO, excite!!!  Is the employer someone you're super interested in/excited about??  YAY!

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Let's put it this way, their software services the YMCA and other health clubs...safe to say, I am HYPE. Also, this is the video interview job. My personality apparently doesn't suck when I'm scared stiff, guys.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Urgan said:

Guess who has an interview sometime next week (TBD)...

YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

7-19-2016

tumblr_oal59lGVkt1qjouuqo1_500.jpg

Like the JAWS shark, it's a fake

Recovery

Food!

Cals - 2,223

Protein - 140

Variance - 0/1

Another decent day where I didn't need eggs or anything to shim up protein, which was good. Hilariously enough, it was calories that needed help. Ah well. Here's a recipe! Tex-Mex Turkey Skillet. Confession time: I used chicken because this is not turkey time and I double-batch cooked the chicken ahead of time for another recipe to come, but turkey would work well. Muy picante, had to cut the heat with some cheese. But then I am an utter wuss when it comes to spiciness in my food. 

Mobility!

Hips - 6/12

Neck - 8/12

Adjusted the numbers because I got thrown off on Monday's report (fixed that one, too...). This day was another neck day, because my head started hurting just a bit (don't think it was micro-Shark Week related, given massage helped) while lying on the couch and it demanded address. I will be doing hip work very soon to catch up, lol.

Lifting

Squat - 45 1x5

105 1x3

135 1x1

162 6x3 - belted

122 2x5 - belted

BP -    45 1x5 - belted

50 1x3 - belted

60 1x1 - belted

72 6x5 - belted

OHP - NA

DL -    NA

PC -   45 1x3 - belted

50 5x3 - belted

In the interest of full disclosure, I gave some advice about how to work on optimizing knee angles via foot position in order to prevent knee talk-back and decided to take my own advice to play around to deal with my own lingering issues--previously my feet were stacked over my hips with feet turned out like 30 degrees and I also had some pretty significant tension in quads and adductors close to my knees. I settled on narrowing my foot angle a hair and widening my stance similarly a hair. Yes, I did it in the warm-up to volume day and carried it over to work sets. I botched it on one set of 162, but otherwise it felt pretty good. Thus far (midday after), I'd say it improved how I feel thus far. Full evaluation will come tonight. The squats themselves were hard, but I felt better directly after the backoff volume than I did last Tuesday, for sure.

Lots of bench volume, nothing particularly special to report. Just hoping this will be what I need to crack 85lbs.

PCs felt pretty good. I don't think I botched any rep with an arm pull. I have two pin-point bruises on the middle of my collarbone and nowhere else on my chest to prove I'm getting better at flipping my arms up to rack the bar at the jump. Still working on it, though. Perversely, it's hard to work at weights this low relative to a bodyweight deadlift, say. I'd be a fool to jump the weights prematurely/arbitrarily, of course.  

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 6/12

Rolls + Shikko - 3/4

Dojo Mobility - x

-

19 hours ago, ixaera said:

aaaaaaaaaaah!

good luck!!

Thanks, I've gone from being excited about the callback to terrified now, lol.

3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Have you been doing power cleans or is this a new thing? All of the olympic lifts seem very technical to me and I'm impressed as more and more folks on NF take on that challenge. You are a badass. 

I've been doing them for a little while now, went back and checked and I started February of this year. I got to 62.5lbs and reset due to fears of form problems--there were some, but minor. Now I am going to try putting weight on the bar again and see what happens, lol. 

6 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

It feels so much like the job for me, at least from the outside before having spoken to them. And then I think about how few options I have outside of this and get really, REALLY afraid. I know if I'm supposed to have it, I'll get it in spite of what precisely I'm wearing or whatever, but my squishy animal brain is just running around in circles screaming, lol. 

• Like 5

Mmmmm tex-mex skillet.  Confession: I usually use chicken for dishes like this, too.  I'll grab ground turkey if it's on sale but it takes some work to make it Not Like Turkey... yanno?  Thanksgiving, it not yet.

Yay stance dancing!  I'm going to try and turn my toes in just a hair tomorrow and see what happens~

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

It feels so much like the job for me, at least from the outside before having spoken to them. And then I think about how few options I have outside of this and get really, REALLY afraid. I know if I'm supposed to have it, I'll get it in spite of what precisely I'm wearing or whatever, but my squishy animal brain is just running around in circles screaming, lol. 

Ugh I've had this exact feel and it just.  Is never good. Especially when it's something that just lines up with your personal interests to a T and it would just fit like a jigsaw puzzle!  Lizard brain stahp~

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

7-20-2016

tumblr_oacz2cVLIp1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Judicious medical application

Recovery

Food!

Cals - 2,135

Protein - 145

Variance - 0/1

Pretty good numbers, a little low, but I had to work hard to get that--the meals alone just didn’t get me there. Speaking of meals, this one--Creamy mushroom pasta --I cut the dairy down a good bit and added, oh, a pound and a half of chicken, which of course makes a more watery product, but worth it for a less angsty gut.

Mobility!

Hips - 7/12

Neck - 9/12

Yeah baby, both hips AND neck tonight. I showed Mike how to do the rolling and he found a beast of a knot he’ll need to work on over the course of days. We’re narrowing down what between hip and foot is affecting his plantar fascia. He ran sprints on Saturday and it hurt really badly the night of, but after Sunday’s massage work he felt great Monday and Tuesday. Today he went back to feeling like he did before--we didn’t do any work in the meantime. So we know he can be made to feel normal. Foot work by itself didn’t do anything, calf + foot helped a bit, but not a lot. So this hip thing + foot is our next target.

Playing doctor for another person is a strange experience.

My hips were a bit tight in a place or two, but nothing heinous. I need to work more on my shoulders, oh boy.

Lifting

-

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 6/12

Rolls + Shikko - 3/4

Dojo Mobility - ✓

Aikido was all about kokyunage and iriminage. Kokyunage is down to nit-picking details, iriminage is a mess. A MESS. So awkward.

20 hours ago, shaarawy said:

Mmmmm tex-mex skillet.  Confession: I usually use chicken for dishes like this, too.  I'll grab ground turkey if it's on sale but it takes some work to make it Not Like Turkey... yanno?  Thanksgiving, it not yet.

They do make turkey breasts so one doesn't have to wrangle a whole bird, but still outside my comfort zone, too, lol. Thanksgiving will make good use of this recipe, for sure.

Yay stance dancing!  I'm going to try and turn my toes in just a hair tomorrow and see what happens~

If that doesn't help, then widen up your foot position and try that. Alternatively, you could take a video from behind, explain what part hurts, and we can make a more calculated guess as to what you need to do~

Ugh I've had this exact feel and it just.  Is never good. Especially when it's something that just lines up with your personal interests to a T and it would just fit like a jigsaw puzzle!  Lizard brain stahp~

I am really good at psyching myself out on these interviews....

• Like 2

7/20/16 Addendum:

Totally glitched out on posting this, but @ixaera challenged me to do 22 push-ups for 22 days to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

While donating money is not part of the challenge, checkout these charities if you feel inclined to further support our veterans: 22kill.com,stop22.org,battledawgs.org

As part of dojo warm-up, I did 30 this day. 

• Like 3

7-21-2016

tumblr_oagxkhZGQW1u49zhho1_400.gif

Mortal Kombat

Recovery

Food!

Cals - 2,202

Protein - 122

Variance - 0/1

I really had to scramble to come up with that many grams of protein, but somehow it happened. Uber-late, "last minute" chuck roast to the rescue.

Mobility!

Hips - 7/12

Neck - 9/12

Lots of good stretching going on today, no rolling, however.

Lifting

Squat -  45 1x5

105 1x3

135 1x1

162 4x3 - belted

BP -    NA

OHP - 46 4x4 - belted

DL -   NA

PC -   NA

Chins - 3x2

Recovery day is best day. Played with stance--wide stance with typical foot angle is a quick ticket to Unhappy Knee (really more my left knee than right). I think I have conclusively proven to myself the stance I adopted on Tuesday is the way to go. While it was totally a light day for lower body, poor upper body didn't get much of a break today, lol.

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 7/12

Rolls + Shikko - 3/4

Dojo Mobility - x

Breakfalls were done, no fails.

@ixaera challenged me to do 22 push-ups for 22 days to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

While donating money is not part of the challenge, checkout these charities if you feel inclined to further support our veterans: 22kill.com,stop22.org,battledawgs.org

Days complete: 2

3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Forgive me because I'm late to the game (your battle log), what's the calorie/protein goals? Only out of curiosity so I can follow along. :) Love the recipe, of course! I thinks I'll be making something with mushrooms next week. 

Oh no problem, here's the deal: I'm trying to hit 2300 calories and 115g protein on average per week. This means a daily target of 2100-2500 and 104-126 respectively, but of course there's really no ceiling on protein because that would be madness, lol. 

• Like 2

7-22-2016

tumblr_nuhmhqBszr1spp37jo1_500.gif

My subconscious around 1AM

Recovery

Food!

Cals - 2,351

Protein - 110

Variance - 0/1

Leftover chuck roast plus a big fat corned beef sammich from Jason's Deli made this happen. I ate the pickle. I probably need to eat more pickles, because I don't have much interest in fermented foods in general.

Mobility!

Hips - 8/12

Neck - 10/12

I DID THE THING. BOTH THINGS, EVEN. AT MIDNIGHT. WHY. Then I did my push-ups. No idea why it had to be like this, other than waiting for my energy to kick in all day long. (Spoiler: never really kicked in)

Lifting

-

Aikido

S Breakfalls - 7/12

Rolls + Shikko - 3/4

Dojo Mobility - x

-

@ixaera challenged me to do 22 push-ups for 22 days to raise awareness for the 22 U.S. Soldiers that, on average, commit suicide each day.

While donating money is not part of the challenge, checkout these charities if you feel inclined to further support our veterans: 22kill.com,stop22.org,battledawgs.org

Days complete: 3