18 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

My ideal thing would be to have someone else do all the shopping for me

OMG!  This is SO ME!!!

YES!  You shop.  I buy!  #buyingmywayoutofxmas

Now that I live in the USA, the arrangement is:  You shop.  You ship.  I pack and carry. :D

EDIT:  Also.  Trader Joe's.

• Like 2

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

7 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

OMG!  This is SO ME!!!

YES!  You shop.  I buy!  #buyingmywayoutofxmas

Christmas spreadsheets are a thing. We do this thing because who has money and time to burn on buying and disposing of junk?

In other news, I popped both of my knees simultaneously. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

WEEK 2 DEBRIEF!!

giphy.gif

What is happening here?

Lift

Squats - 175lb 3RM matched!

BP - Current 2RM of 92

OHP - TBD

DL - 202.5 is definitely still mine

Accessories - increases incoming!

Recover

Week 2 Average:

Cals   /   Carbs   /   Fats    /  Protein /  Sugar

AVG    2355        224         114          125             67  

TGT    2500        281           97          125           100  

DLTA -145 -57 -17 0 -31

My appetite went AWOL, no two ways around it. High sodium, low calorie, all weird. Speaking of weird...

lBh7WLtderEX-I0BKIbOnRfa7h-LOCzcmyG3pbryUS3vMbAvXLjWvkauJ5focOrQ_K53A1xkIf4QM6CeIBWvD8AYHX6oOXAyZR35pzNEujcBLwuhEY_4annIOPAVm4nHtHVyO96P

Up and down and up again. Sodium kept it high, despite the low-ish calories.

Curfew - 9/20

Heat - 6/12

Kinda sorta on track? Missed a day due to double-class/seminar/thing with Wednesday's last class of the year. Couldn't be missing that.

Aikido

Strikes - 2/4

Ukemi - 1/4

Bokken - 1/4

Not the best performance here, not because I don't want to do it so much as energy and time aren't there...sigh. I hope to make it up this week. If not...well, my give-a-darn is malfunctioning a bit.

Positivity

Positivity - 14/28

Writing about Writing - 2/4

All good here, though. Yay that.

• Like 4

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

12/19/2016

giphy.gif

Making progress at work like

Lift

Squat - 45 1x5

55.5 5x5

R Delts 15 3x10

All the OHP volume todayyyyyy~ It's getting heavy, guys. 

Recover

Lunch - the last of the chicken and gnocchi soup

Dinner - beer cheese, bacon, and chicken soup

Curfew - 10/20

Heat - 6/12

Today was all about surviving the cold, the traffic, and the jackwagons in the other division playing coy with helping me get what I need to properly test their crap and no I can't just take your word for it, they have this seperate department thing for a reason and it's to make dang sure we can generate documents.

Akskwkdfpal

But nobody died, so it's all good. I got home, showered, made dinner and ate it, scooped cat box, and went to bed. Exciting times.

Aikido

Strikes - 2/4

Ukemi - 1/4

Bokken - 1/4

Nope, just the bare minimum today. Too cold, lol.

Positivity

Positivity - 15/28

I heart my coat. It is so thick I could travel Antarctica in it. Pair it with a scarf and sweater and nothing can freeze me out, lol.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Urgan said:

jackwagons in the other division playing coy with helping me get what I need to properly test their crap and no I can't just take your word for it, they have this seperate department thing for a reason and it's to make dang sure we can generate documents.

Akskwkdfpal

Akskwkdfpal indeed

Why can't people just do the thing they are paid to do and not be a fartface about it???

It is heckin' cold lately.  Boo hiss.

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

46 minutes ago, shaar said:

Akskwkdfpal indeed

Why can't people just do the thing they are paid to do and not be a fartface about it???

It is heckin' cold lately.  Boo hiss.

Because it's easier to not lift a finger and stonewall. So far it's kinda worked? I've decided if it's the only and last thing I accomplish here, it's going to be to figure out how to get what I need out of them. It may require escalating every damn email I send to them until the right person notices assholes being assholes, aka the person who lives at the intersection of Power Ave and St. Give-a-damn Blvd. I have justice and proper work flow on my side.

It's way too cold for a power outtage. ...haha.

• Like 5

12/20/2016

giphy.gif

Doing It In the Dark

Lift

Rest day got me like WHOOMP WHOOMP WHOOOOOOOOMP.

Recover

Lunch - beer cheese, bacon, and chicken soup + half serving of brisket pho

Dinner - an old favorite, stewed chicken + rice

Curfew - 11/20

Heat - 7/12

We had a power outage today. Didn't I mention one of those? It failed at 7AM and did so for a total of 4 times before it stayed on. Must have been all the Christmas decor. Other division tried to passive-aggressive me to the wall again (Programmer's on PTO, GTFO...), but I persisted and got my files. 

Aikido

Strikes - 2/4

Ukemi - 1/4

Bokken - 2/4

I totally shuffled around in the dark at work and practiced sword arm motions and everything. ...yup.  

Positivity

Positivity - 16/28

I heart giphy.com. So many fun things in there. It's the simple pleasures in life, like watching an animal make a funny gesture or fall off a table or something....

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I heart giphy.com. So many fun things in there. It's the simple pleasures in life, like watching an animal make a funny gesture or fall off a table or something....

Z8CGe8b.gif

• Like 3
12 hours ago, Urgan said:

I heart giphy.com. So many fun things in there. It's the simple pleasures in life, like watching an animal make a funny gesture or fall off a table or something...

My department has its own little slack (kind of serves the purpose of both a place to vent steam, be happy about things, and pass information as we all work from home a fair amount) and it has a giphy app implemented. Basically you invoke the bot and give it a phrase and it pulls a random giphy based on your phrase.

It is... risky at times...

• Like 2

12/21/2016

giphy.gif

Lift

Squats 45 1x5

105 1x3

135 1x1

160 1x5--5RM PR!!

160 3X3

DB Rows 30 3x10

1gf4z5.jpg

I'm going to tell you a story about lifter's brain. It is a collection of symptoms that involve OCD, masochism, a torrid love affair with iron, and the inexplicable inability to do plate math even if you have a PhD in physics, teach advanced math, or are an engineer. We all know that.

What might not be so commonly known is an utter loss of perspective is also a an affliction attributable to lifter's brain. I'll give you a totally random example. Lately the weight has been getting heavy on my squats, both on volume and intensity days and I have been laboring under the impression that I should not be having this much trouble this "soon."

Well.

I went back and looked at my first real run through TM and come to find out, as of this moment I am arriving at these weights a mere month and a half faster than my first pass. Projections if I can continue on this trajectory, I will hit 200lbs on intensity day 2.5 months early, and keep in mind I got impatient that final intensity day and hit 1RM PRs at 192.5, 195, 197.5, and 200 all in a row, aka a month's progress on the program at the pace I'd been going shortened into one session. So...had I not done that, I'd be ahead by 3.5 months at a minimum. Perspective check, get. 

Recover

Lunch - stewed chicken + rice

Dinner - pizza 

Curfew - 12/20

Heat - 7/12

I had all of the hunger after squats, that chicken didn't stand a chance.

Aikido

Strikes - 2/4

Ukemi - 1/4

Bokken - 2/4

Meant to, didn't.  Oops.

Positivity

Positivity - 17/28

Can we talk about Chick-fil-a for a moment? I was in the best mood despite the tedious project I had to work on. Maybe it was the squats, maybe it was extra sleep. Probably it was the Chick-fil-a breakfast I had (4 minis and hashbrowns) because I needed to kill time to avoid having a ton of overtime come Friday, lest it be too busy for me to leave like 2 hours early, lol. That stuff was sooooooo good. So good. I miss it just typing this out. And my stomach just growled. I'mma get me a bagel now...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I'm going to tell you a story about lifter's brain. It is a collection of symptoms that involve OCD, masochism, a torrid love affair with iron, and the inexplicable inability to do plate math even if you have a PhD in physics, teach advanced math, or are an engineer. We all know that.

What might not be so commonly known is an utter loss of perspective is also a an affliction attributable to lifter's brain. I'll give you a totally random example. Lately the weight has been getting heavy on my squats, both on volume and intensity days and I have been laboring under the impression that I should not be having this much trouble this "soon."

Well.

I went back and looked at my first real run through TM and come to find out, as of this moment I am arriving at these weights a mere month and a half faster than my first pass. Projections if I can continue on this trajectory, I will hit 200lbs on intensity day 2.5 months early, and keep in mind I got impatient that final intensity day and hit 1RM PRs at 192.5, 195, 197.5, and 200 all in a row, aka a month's progress on the program at the pace I'd been going shortened into one session. So...had I not done that, I'd be ahead by 3.5 months at a minimum. Perspective check, get. 

If you are susceptible to it... any of us are :P All the reps. All the gets. All the perspectives!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, RedStone said:

If you are susceptible to it... any of us are :P All the reps. All the gets. All the perspectives!

I made a table showing my progress...if I ever get it off my phone and into a place where I can manipulate it via laptop, I will post it so we can all have a good lol.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Ah, you are doing one of those fabled cycling programs. And you are progressing through it faster than you thought. This is good. :)

I'mma run this bad boy into the ground. Hopefully will result in new 1RM PR, but the morning may just not support doing 5x3 at 180+. So maybe 3x3 could be considered "volume," given present 3RM at 175, lol. Volume AND Intensity, even.

It's amazing what happens when you do the program and don't wuss out of increasing the weight as scheduled.

12 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Also, yeah, that weight lifting drives up the appetite like whoa.

Like whoa. I will take one of everything, please.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Can we talk about Chick-fil-a for a moment?

YES PLEASE

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Probably it was the Chick-fil-a breakfast I had (4 minis and hashbrowns) because I needed to kill time to avoid having a ton of overtime come Friday, lest it be too busy for me to leave like 2 hours early, lol. That stuff was sooooooo good. So good. I miss it just typing this out. And my stomach just growled. I'mma get me a bagel now...

Chick-fil-a- minis.  Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?

WHY ARE THEY SO DANG DELICIOUS AND AMAZING??!?!?!?!  It is so good, and always gone far too soon.  They need to serve breakfast all day, and do platters of those suckers.

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

1 hour ago, shaar said:

YES PLEASE

giphy.gif

Chick-fil-a- minis.  Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?

WHY ARE THEY SO DANG DELICIOUS AND AMAZING??!?!?!?!  It is so good, and always gone far too soon.  They need to serve breakfast all day, and do platters of those suckers.

2 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Agreed! If McDonald's can do breakfast all day, CFA can as well.

...so I take you guys like 'em, too? Lol. I may need to make Chicken Biscuit Wednesdays a thing. Because volume squat day.

• Like 4

12/22/2016

200w.gif

High times

Lift

Rest day. 

Recover

Lunch - moar stewed chicken + rice + smoked salmon and cream cheese sushi

Dinner - pasta alla boscaiola

Curfew - 13/20

Heat - 7/12

It was a rest day and my planned lunch still wasn't enough, lol.

Aikido

Strikes - 2/4

Ukemi - 1/4

Bokken - 2/4

Too tired, much sleep.

Positivity

Positivity - 18/28

Kind of a boring day really, not too much to report. I'm just treading water until the weekend. Will have a week-long suspension of caring about the sugar macro, because LBR, it's going to be hilarious. 

One good thing about working when most people aren't is the traffic is downright nice. More time in the sack + more gym time = winning. 

• Like 5