2/19/2017 + WEEK 2 DEBRIEF

giphy.gif

Dodging Bullets

Lift

200lb+ 1RM squat

Don't be a squat wuss

I think we all know this isn't going to be happening, BUT I succeeded at not being a squat wuss with flying colors. 

And here we are, at the end of Week 2, halfway done already. I'm axing any pretenses at hitting a 200+lb squat this month, I need more time to adjust to this job to be trying to hit my previous 1RMs and a shakeup in programming is incoming anyhow. I'll still be lifting heavy, I'm just going to ease back a little on my expectations and hopefully the stress will ease up in turn--the reason for this arbitrary seeming deadline. But not the volume. The volume will not be stopping anytime soon, for the next, oh 2.5 months.  

Recover

Anti-Curfew - 10/20 

Mag Supp - 0/14

My alarm is doing its job, and next week begins my little pre-Shark Week magnesium experiment. It's double or nothing, folks! Here's my numbers for this week:

Week 2 Average:

Cals   /   Carbs   /   Fats    /  Protein /  Sugar

AVG    2503        222         123          127             60  

TGT    2500        281           97          125           100  

DLTA 3 -59 26 2 -40

A little low on carbs this time, but I am generally pleased with these results. Most days saw my calories being decently close to target, which will make or break energy levels for a week, as you can see below. I always have a "low" day where stuff gets too crazy and/or I planned poorly and couldn't get enough food in. A low carb lunch + fish dinner got me on Wednesday.

0jC9k_l46yX0iq2QGnpxFyzX1DYLzqrG1H1DoT49JPYVcdX2_I40LjFXIrCWCuc2i35zo9awSmgjJjpf6u48dM8j8h4j_bRsQ4wnzIVReYRTRPf8M5EkU9h5wd3mp2BShNcqsTku

Weight decided to take a vacation, but they more or less follow the trend of my intake, except Friday where I must have burned it all trying to find a clue.

3Mv-qIBRusXOSbJ7SA97x7Qf-bIvkhjXcEgpGFfXIWfAlaidJSyae12NEggs9oQZKRUQ82Id2CCDobrIFtWzyQtlJmkYIV_JdIZKv9UsH-CaelOfv5gGDPrRXxXVARWtaCGSwSDd

Aikido

Ukemi - 2/4

Videos - 4/8 

My Aikido accessory work is proceeding nicely, and I'm even getting in some time with the bag, which is both amusing and helpful to give myself the idea of what ACTUALLY delivering a punch feels like. Kind of important. Still working on rolling over my right shoulder, I have no reason to be worried about it hurting, but I've still got a bit to go, psychologically.

This week was somewhat chaotic--I moved cubes, and we were hit with a lot of process changes that not all of us are so thrilled with, but change is hard. I'm still learning how to go about doing my job, I've been given some harder nuts to crack--the dial has been cranked from Normal to Hard, and I'm adapting slowly. Everyone in my immediate family got sick (mom, dad, husband) over the course of this week and I am the last man standing, as it were. Dad threw a hissy fit because addressing medical issues is hard and reminding him they exist and hurt other people besides just him is mean.

Next week we step into ever heavier weight volume on squats, which is where I decided the stress had accumulated and I had to back down earlier until the worst of EOY had passed. I'm mentioning this because it will figure heavily into where I start on my transitional programming. I figure I'll be fine, but who knows. No Aikido on Monday because the dojo is closed. I'm sending all our tax documents out to be done by Someone Else because F me if I'm gonna attempt to do it after the craziness that was this past year. We'll be seeing what loading up on magnesium in the ramp up to Shark Week does for my migraine. Lots of stuff going down in Week 3.

• Like 3

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Week 2 Average:

AVG    2503        222         123          127             60  

I dunno how you feel about the carbs/fats but this looks so beautiful to me

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I like whole number ratios and 281/97 instead of 291/97 = 3.0 is driving me nuts!  I think she put it in there to do exactly that!

JK - She probably has some other madness to the method.

• Like 2

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Full disclosure, I just looked at today's MFP list and realized I'd forgotten to remove something I was thinking about having, whoops. So, reorganization was in order:

AVG    2461        219         119          128             60  

Not terrible, even so.

1 hour ago, ixaera said:

I just try to be consistent, that's how I came up with the numbers.

1 hour ago, Sam Ashen said:

I like whole number ratios and 281/97 instead of 291/97 = 3.0 is driving me nuts!  I think she put it in there to do exactly that!

JK - She probably has some other madness to the method.

I found the engineer! 

• Like 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

10 hours ago, Urgan said:

I found the engineer! 

:lol: Never mind - I figured it out.  You have it set to 45% / 35% / 20%.

I find 3 to 1 is easier to remember.

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Want to play?  MFPvP

6 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

:lol: Never mind - I figured it out.  You have it set to 45% / 35% / 20%.

I find 3 to 1 is easier to remember.

I figuring what % protein would be to hit my protein goal for my currently calorie target and then build my other percentages around that (I think this is what we all do?) And you have no idea how much it annoys me that MFP only does 5% increments, and I'm too cheap to pay for a paid version just to suit my OCD tendencies. :lol:

• Like 2

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

31 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I figuring what % protein would be to hit my protein goal for my currently calorie target and then build my other percentages around that (I think this is what we all do?) And you have no idea how much it annoys me that MFP only does 5% increments, and I'm too cheap to pay for a paid version just to suit my OCD tendencies. :lol:

Tell me about it. With me playing with Leangains again, and with MFP not being willing to change my targets day by day... mmm.

On 2/19/2017 at 6:42 PM, Urgan said:

And here we are, at the end of Week 2, halfway done already. I'm axing any pretenses at hitting a 200+lb squat this month, I need more time to adjust to this job to be trying to hit my previous 1RMs and a shakeup in programming is incoming anyhow. I'll still be lifting heavy, I'm just going to ease back a little on my expectations and hopefully the stress will ease up in turn--the reason for this arbitrary seeming deadline. But not the volume. The volume will not be stopping anytime soon, for the next, oh 2.5 months.  

This pleases me. I think this is smart for you.

Not being able to adjust day-to-day macros was one reason I never stuck with MFP. Carb cycling + MFP just did not work. Excel became queen in that area.

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

18 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

This pleases me. I think this is smart for you.

Watch me waffle if squats go well this week....I am optimistic things will go okay on Volume day at least. 

19 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Not being able to adjust day-to-day macros was one reason I never stuck with MFP. Carb cycling + MFP just did not work. Excel became queen in that area.

I imagine it would be a PITA if your nutrition plan demands different targets for different days. Among other reasons, moving the goal posts constantly would confuse and irritate me, lol. I am about one missed meal or mishap away from crazy far too many days than I care to admit. 

• Like 2

2/20/2017

giphy.gif

YMMV

Lift

Don't be a squat wuss

Bench - 45 1x5

50 1x3

65 1x2

75 1x1

80.5 5x3

R Delts 20 3x10

Recover

Anti-Curfew - 11/20 

Mag Supp - 1/14

Aikido

Ukemi - 2/4

Videos - 4/8 

I got out of bed on time, hit the gym, took my double mag, and survived an absolute motherbleeper of a day at work. One of those days where you work like all hell and yet have so close to nothing to show for it that it's just sad. Mike had to drag a Mercedes off a switch back cliff of a driveway without destroying the car. Owner lost the key, steering column was locked. Yes sir, it was a May God Help You sorta day.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

giphy.gif

Me everyday, except for the depressed part

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

I got out of bed on time, hit the gym, took my double mag, and survived an absolute motherbleeper of a day at work. One of those days where you work like all hell and yet have so close to nothing to show for it that it's just sad. Mike had to drag a Mercedes off a switch back cliff of a driveway without destroying the car. Owner lost the key, steering column was locked. Yes sir, it was a May God Help You sorta day.

hooooooooooooooooooooboy

but hey, success?!?!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Cataleya said:

That sounds like a rough day. How did you unwind after it?

A copious amount of chocolate (okay, not really...but chocolate was had) and a Super Mario 3D World let's play followed by Dr. Pol clips. It is super effective.

• Like 2

MOTHERBLEEPER

Dude this week is a stinky trash fire all around, I do agree 100%.  So much effort and nothing to show for it but a CRABBY ATTITUDE

Oowba.gif

Chocolate FTW.  A little sweets goes a long way.

• Like 4

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

We will all survive...somehow! I would be doing much better without this head packed full of cotton balls. Sinus pressure. GTFO.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Urgan said:

We will all survive...somehow! I would be doing much better without this head packed full of cotton balls. Sinus pressure. GTFO.

Everything is blooming so early!!!  I can't tell if I'm legitimately sick or just allergies or hey maybe both IDEK.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shaar said:

Everything is blooming so early!!!  I can't tell if I'm legitimately sick or just allergies or hey maybe both IDEK.

I'm past all that. Who cares, I hurt, and somebody bagel shamed me again this morning. The next thing between my teeth might just be a jugular vein.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Urgan said:

somebody bagel shamed me again this morning.

what the actual fuck

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE1?!?!?!!?!!

Challenge them to an arm wrestling match or a face punching match.  I wish I were one of those bold people that could ask bullshit shamers "Why are you so invested in my eating habits?!" but instead I might just eat double the amount of bagels to ratchet up their anger.

• Like 2

It's like you can't win. If you eat bagels people are all "why TF you carbin' out? don't you know bagels are bad" But then if you eat healthy and bring all your own food people make you feel weird as hell about that too, "why don't you just eat a bagel, they are delicious?" 

You can replace the word bagel with pretty much any and all office treats. 

• Like 4

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

14 minutes ago, shaar said:

what the actual fuck

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE1?!?!?!!?!!

Challenge them to an arm wrestling match or a face punching match.  I wish I were one of those bold people that could ask bullshit shamers "Why are you so invested in my eating habits?!" but instead I might just eat double the amount of bagels to ratchet up their anger.

I had the bagel in my mouth, because I was typing. He walks by and says "If only I had a camera."

I ignore him.

He stands there.

He reaches around to wave his hand in my field of view as if I didn't react because I did not perceive him.

I inform him of this. "It's not a matter of not noticing you."

Pause. He's all like, "You sure do love bagels, don't you?" Freak, is the heavily implied tone.

"You sure do love commenting on my food, don't you?" Asshole, is the heavily implied tone.

22 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

It's like you can't win. If you eat bagels people are all "why TF you carbin' out? don't you know bagels are bad" But then if you eat healthy and bring all your own food people make you feel weird as hell about that too, "why don't you just eat a bagel, they are delicious?" 

In an Asshole Contest, the winner is the biggest one. Best not to play.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I had the bagel in my mouth, because I was typing. He walks by and says "If only I had a camera."

I ignore him.

He stands there.

He reaches around to wave his hand in my field of view as if I didn't react because I did not perceive him.

I inform him of this. "It's not a matter of not noticing you."

Pause. He's all like, "You sure do love bagels, don't you?" Freak, is the heavily implied tone.

"You sure do love commenting on my food, don't you?" Asshole, is the heavily implied tone.

Wow.  I tried to find another Dilbert cartoon.  Dilbert just learned that the best way to advance in his career is to say mean things to his co-workers.

Dilbert:  You sure have been hitting those donuts heavy, Alice!

Alice: :angry::angry::angry:.....

Dilbert:  (walking away)  Heh, heh!  BIG things are coming my way soon!

s-l300.jpg

• Like 2

Spoiler

Want to play?  MFPvP

6 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Wow.  I tried to find another Dilbert cartoon.  Dilbert just learned that the best way to advance in his career is to say mean things to his co-workers.

Apparently it works, because the guy has been here as long as I've been alive...

Oh wait, we're in the basement. Nevermind.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

This x 1000000000

• Like 2