INTRA-MONTH MADNESS v. 2

giphy.gif

You're funny, little green man,

I've got a bonus week and you know what that means! Pared down goals! Laziness! Actually having a plan for next month! GASP.

Lift

Keep on with the 5/3/1 thing.

Recover

I haven't ceased to care about my sugar intake or monthly strength cycle, but for this week I'm just going to take a break from that and regroup on eating enough food, period. I need an average of 2500 calories, and I really don't need any more of these <2000 calorie days. I really want to aim for 2300-2500 daily, but the minimum is >2000 PLZ. 

Eat food: Log calories every. single. day.

Adulting

Bonus stuff that I can do in order to be more responsible. Or put it off a week. As adults are known to do.

Aikido Test training - 3/wk

Put Away New Dish Towels

• Like 3

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

11 hours ago, Urgan said:

Recover

I haven't ceased to care about my sugar intake or monthly strength cycle, but for this week I'm just going to take a break from that and regroup on eating enough food, period. I need an average of 2500 calories, and I really don't need any more of these <2000 calorie days. I really want to aim for 2300-2500 daily, but the minimum is >2000 PLZ. 

Eat food: Log calories every. single. day.

EAT ALL THE FUDS. I like this goal. Goals that involve eating more food? yes please. I feel like fatty meats are the answer to all of your life's problems. Sausage? yes ma'am. Bacon? do tell. Chicken thighs? broil them quads. 

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

4 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

EAT ALL THE FUDS. I like this goal. Goals that involve eating more food? yes please. I feel like fatty meats are the answer to all of your life's problems. Sausage? yes ma'am. Bacon? do tell. Chicken thighs? broil them quads. 

Fat is calorie-dense...

12 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Seriously, I don't know how to eat enough food and avoid salt, sugar, or both. It all just seems to come along for the ride.

Like if someone could just have a stand with boiled chicken breast and nothing else, that'd be great.

I will err with salt as long as I can stand it. Which isn't long. 

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

2 hours ago, Alanna said:

Heeeeey

How are you finding 5/3/1? :)

Hai yourself, still killing it in the gym?? 

Well, I've got a 95lb bench on my first cycle (fiiiiiiiiiiinally....), so it's got that going for it, lol. Hell of a performance peak or effectively tweaked program, we will see.

• Like 4

5/29/2017 + 5/30/2017

giphy.gif

Quick, I need a distraction!

Lift

m_xqqkPAlCCS227B07SiDXlJPtLUvzRf5mY2wrccnMppYW_Uotgy96cXJhn3ep2yOHh8SrSfRCYTIo2SsFeaw6CcZinldVAoZaMg0qL0SsscJCzHWwuU35S06MYNFY3wcKzZSrqs

I survived! Helps it was a holiday and I had more time than on a typical morning. 

Recover

Eat food: 2548 + 2446

Avg: 2497

So far so good. Cheesecake Factory = cross-court calorie slam dunk

Adulting

Aikido Test training - 0/3

Put Away New Dish Towels

Now this is my speed. Monday felt like Sunday and Tuesday tested my will to live. Another day of not-eating-out, burning up my lunch hour except for the part where we were interrupted by an annoying human creature to work on something we knew nothing about 5 seconds ago because she wrote metaphorical checks we couldn't cash in this or any other lifetime. Samples by midday? Did you check that all parts were ready before assuring client of your impossible timetable? 

I could go on. 

The best thing is when you only have to cook one meal on a Tuesday. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Urgan said:

Hai yourself, still killing it in the gym?? 

Well, I've got a 95lb bench on my first cycle (fiiiiiiiiiiinally....), so it's got that going for it, lol. Hell of a performance peak or effectively tweaked program, we will see.

I've finally gotten to the point where lifting feel pretty good again and I can push myself more :). Almost have my old PRs back!

Nice - congrats on the PR! Perhaps both are at play? TM doesn't give you much of a chance to rest and peak!

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12  

5 hours ago, Alanna said:

I've finally gotten to the point where lifting feel pretty good again and I can push myself more :). Almost have my old PRs back!

That is a major accomplishment and it's really hard when old heights seem out of reach.

5 hours ago, Alanna said:

Nice - congrats on the PR! Perhaps both are at play? TM doesn't give you much of a chance to rest and peak!

In the most brutish implementation of TM, this is true. You go 'til you run out of gas. There are some things you can do to make it last longer, but peaking is not built in. 5/3/1 has the opposite problem, lol. I added a LOT more volume in to ensure I have enough work. 

• Like 1

5/31/2017

giphy.gif

Doesn't do the cocktail of emotions I'm experiencing justice

Lift

Squats

45    5
100    5
115    5
130    5
137    3x5
144    2

Deadlifts

135    5
150    5
165    2
155    3x5

Bah. Stupid forums ate my post again. Volume.

Recover

Eat food: 2548 + 2446 + 3073

Avg: 2689

How do you land 3000+ calories and only 90~g protein? Bourbon bacon chocolate chip cookies and doughnuts.

Adulting

Aikido Test training - 0/3

Put Away New Dish Towels

Practiced the differences between shomenuchi and munetsuki kotegaeshi with Sensei, but not counting it. 

Work was unspeakably frustrating. Programming fails. Network fails. Human fails. Thank God for Aikido.

• Like 1

3000 calories with only 90g protein? That's... impressive. Also, just the way you got there. Those cookies sound seriously amazing. Bourbon and bacon make things better.

Sorry to hear that work is so frustrating. Sounds like a case of the shit rolling downhill. It's never a fun place to be. Hang in there until Friday!

16 minutes ago, Kishi said:

3000 calories with only 90g protein? That's... impressive. Also, just the way you got there. Those cookies sound seriously amazing. Bourbon and bacon make things better.

Goodbye to coworker potluck (my bringing real lunch as a backup is the only reason it was even that high) + not having a nutritious dinner waiting for me = really, really screwed up macros.

18 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Sorry to hear that work is so frustrating. Sounds like a case of the shit rolling downhill. It's never a fun place to be. Hang in there until Friday!

Just enough is out of my control that finding what I do have control over is difficult. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2017 at 9:29 AM, Urgan said:

Recover

Eat food: 2548 + 2446 + 3073

Avg: 2689

How do you land 3000+ calories and only 90~g protein? Bourbon bacon chocolate chip cookies and doughnuts.

To be clear. I liked this post for the bourbon bacon chocolate chip cookies and not for the work fuckery. If that wasn't blatantly obvious. Also, because the way you spell donuts is adorable and perfect, and the way it should be, but donut is fewer letters. 

Work was unspeakably frustrating. Programming fails. Network fails. Human fails. Thank God for Aikido.

FrequentVacantConure.gif

The older I get the more I relate to this movie and the less I can watch it without a drink in hand. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

To be clear. I liked this post for the bourbon bacon chocolate chip cookies and not for the work fuckery. If that wasn't blatantly obvious. Also, because the way you spell donuts is adorable and perfect, and the way it should be, but donut is fewer letters. 

The cookies are precisely as good as you suspect. I miss them.

I may have succumbed to using such things as "lol," but I will die before shortening doughnuts. They don't deserve to be shortchanged, given the vital function they serve in keeping me out of jail for multiple homicide.

Allegedly there are to be yet more of the things appearing in this office today. I picked a damn fine week to not cap sugar.

59 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

FrequentVacantConure.gif

The older I get the more I relate to this movie and the less I can watch it without a drink in hand. 

I am afraid to rewatch it for that very reason. Coworker just made a comment about needing a drink. ...yep. Don't wanna start.

Incidentally, I had my first dream about work last night. Just...working. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kishi said:

::shakes fist at job:: Hey, you job! Stay out of @Urgan's rest protocols!

You might wanna shake your fist at me, too, cuz I stayed up way too late last night (Aikido practice, YouTube, and laziness) and it probably is partly to blame for OHP feeling like 10 tons this morning. But yeah, the stress is real.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

You might wanna shake your fist at me, too, cuz I stayed up way too late last night (Aikido practice, YouTube, and laziness) and it probably is partly to blame for OHP feeling like 10 tons this morning. But yeah, the stress is real.

::shakes fist::

::gets Aikido'd::

::feels the harmony of the universe::

• Like 2

6/1/2017 + 6/2/2017

giphy.gif

Work: Everyone Copes Differently

Lift

_OBGDoKnsQmqCtOa2l9w3hNhJNiq86E_P0R8LfTGb0IWBAGnPouZ5O4Megc7dAHo2PgylCMGb0o4Ju5RlfiIDjGwQTBSwcIEnmLzmExgAb_QZ_bm0xWjYI1Bfy7p4vexKh3ioJ_s

OHP was rough. Solid yellow territory. I am blaming the reduced sleep and increased stress of late. There was entirely too much disruption and chaos for a 4-day week. Trying again this morning and hoping >12 hours of sleep can set things right for the intensity week to come. At least light bench was easy, easy, easy after the crap-fest that was OHP. I mean, it better be at those weights, right?? 

Recover

Eat food: 2548 + 2446 + 3073 + 2544 + 2960

Avg: 2714

I am killing the mess out of this, aren't I? Good news, my protein average is also 121 to date, sooooo it's not all doughnuts and angst. 

Adulting

Aikido Test training - 1/3

Put Away New Dish Towels

I did a LOT of shadow Aikido late on Thursday night, as one does. Kept me up later than I had any right to be, but that was when I felt like it. 

Just hunkering down and trying to outlast work 8 hours at a time. We lost an important coworker, and everything I have done to test the setup of this new client stands a good chance of being ripped out by the roots and forcing us to start over. I can see why people drink for escapism, I really do. I personally resort to chicken, apparently. Chicken for breakfast (chicken minis at Chick-fil-a), lunch (home-cooked chicken for lunch wherein I fried myself as much as the chicken--yay first degree burns on the inside of my arm!!), and dinner (chicken tenders from Jim 'n Nicks). Small wonder I made protein on Friday, huh? And in a giant screw you to conventional wisdom on calorie intake, I am presently down to 114.6 lbs as of writing this. It's a good touch point, as I often feel a bit bloated by the end of the day--likely the doing of creatine, but not sure if that's the only culprit. 

• Like 2

Hey we were discussing hook grip. As Dom puts it, it is like learning a second language. It is also called "I hate my thumbs" grip.

For me it is a lot of getting used to. Obviously it gets used for Oly lifts. I have been able to work with hook grip up to about 85% DL triples and then I switch to mixed grip.

I have no idea how much experience you have with hook grip.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

On 6/3/2017 at 1:14 PM, Urgan said:

Just hunkering down and trying to outlast work 8 hours at a time. We lost an important coworker, and everything I have done to test the setup of this new client stands a good chance of being ripped out by the roots and forcing us to start over. I can see why people drink for escapism, I really do. I personally resort to chicken, apparently. Chicken for breakfast (chicken minis at Chick-fil-a), lunch (home-cooked chicken for lunch wherein I fried myself as much as the chicken--yay first degree burns on the inside of my arm!!), and dinner (chicken tenders from Jim 'n Nicks). Small wonder I made protein on Friday, huh? And in a giant screw you to conventional wisdom on calorie intake, I am presently down to 114.6 lbs as of writing this. It's a good touch point, as I often feel a bit bloated by the end of the day--likely the doing of creatine, but not sure if that's the only culprit. 

I am sorry to hear that work is being such a bitch, but I am amused that chicken to excess when stressed. 

I hope for your shake that they don't decide to start over on that project. Not sure where you stand on the issue. 

6/3/2017 + 6/4/2017

giphy.gif

The end of this week...surprisingly okay

Lift

QmgY6LVG9u1s9WB5MHwvfA5euxAmfRtEiIvYy6tQxedomFQ6V1emLN4hhhPnwaiAVaR_dbLiV8xXm8eSveiErp1Lr4P1us49Xor0lCQfVHGtPLmJpkTz-UbLGdpsZszPimYjmnGc

This felt really good, aside from that whole broken fan overhead thing. Got so bad I moved for deadlifts. Got so hot and humid especially in Sunday (90 degrees, 95% humidity at their worst) that our A/C looked at the external evening temp if 80 and 95% humidity, internal temp of 78 and 50-55% humidity, shrugged, and decided it CBF to work the rest of the night. Worried Mike a bit. I decided at those percentages I CBF either. In the morning it was all like, what lukewarm air? Imma work now. 

Recover

Eat food: 2548 + 2446 + 3073 + 2544 + 2960 + 2936 + 2630

Avg: 2662

I guess I succeeded, huh?

Week Averages:

Cals   /   Carbs   /   Fats    /  Protein /  Sugar

AVG    2662        236         133          121             48

TGT    2500        281         97          125             50

Oh look at that fat macro, LOOOOOOL. The rest is pretty good, right?? Another one for the "eating fats will make you fat" file...

WLbgNP-UV4VHTKj9yQT_vSibYUmUE7zJBvm-FGwrdmmoCmLz-G_QQg5La_gX73PoOWu7vjLqf2wkXAFO6HnjmEwLOCNpYzmQhFE26WoxcsW3W5q78A3jthm00xT_KruJKKMyIo5N

P-0dA6r3AyjslOCfOTKLCfpFb2XQOY71LrxAMCrS6aV52vqPwBBYMcGgdZKb-OvslnplclmpKML2foAO_pUx9ewQD87ITQs2jGeqmhg3Z8jo-AFKI6Ml8jsDxHAd7jxKbawkwYc6

Yup. Gaining all the weight. New favorite bodyweight: 115.6lbs. This was definitely a Yellow week, ready for ALL GREEN this week plz.

Adulting

Aikido Test training - 3/3

Put Away New Dish Towels - DONE

Did the rest of the techniques on Saturday and practiced bokken work on Sunday. This practice revealed I have no real idea how to do Ushirotekubitori Kokyunage tenkan. I mean, I know what's supposed to happen, but OTOH what do I do with my feet? 

I just made room for the dish towels by removing the decorative seasonal ones I hang off of the oven door handle for the time being. Will probably revisit this a year from now in all likelihood unless I make it a priority.

In other news, 100lb bench GET. Footage is on the Insta. Not embedding because it screws up page loading to a specific post, and I can't be having that.

June monthly goals incoming.

• Like 3

On 6/3/2017 at 6:29 PM, Sam Ashen said:

Hey we were discussing hook grip. As Dom puts it, it is like learning a second language. It is also called "I hate my thumbs" grip.

For me it is a lot of getting used to. Obviously it gets used for Oly lifts. I have been able to work with hook grip up to about 85% DL triples and then I switch to mixed grip.

I have no idea how much experience you have with hook grip.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Actually I have yet to try it and am nervous.

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I am sorry to hear that work is being such a bitch, but I am amused that chicken to excess when stressed. 

I hope for your shake that they don't decide to start over on that project. Not sure where you stand on the issue. 

Did someone say "shake"....don't tempt me, lol.

Confirmed project will restart from ground zero. Ugh. The joy and the pain are bountiful, barf.