1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

What kind of perennials do you have in mind? 

The kind that don't need a lot (or any) care, lol. I like vines, but don't want the worry of having to monitor for attempts to break the exterior of the house. The backyard beds are in front of windows, so we're talking low/medium bush. The front bed is the classic holly bush in front of window deal, with space to plant something lowish height.

I am just a spat from buying alllllll of the rose bushes and calling it a year on planting. Our prior perennial buying experience is hydrangeas (thriving in shadyish north side of house), roses (south side), and hibiscus (southwest). We've bought annuals, but I've decided I am not about that life.

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Just now, Urgan said:

The kind that don't need a lot (or any) care, lol. I like vines, but don't want the worry of having to monitor for attempts to break the exterior of the house. The backyard beds are in front of windows, so we're talking low/medium bush. The front bed is the classic holly bush in front of window deal, with space to plant something lowish height.

I am just a spat from buying alllllll of the rose bushes and calling it a year on planting. Our prior perennial buying experience is hydrangeas (thriving in shadyish north side of house), roses (south side), and hibiscus (southwest). We've bought annuals, but I've decided I am not about that life.

I am also not about that life. I refused to by annuals when perennials are a one time investment. 

Do you want help thinking of ideas or are you musing out loud? 

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

12 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Do you want help thinking of ideas or are you musing out loud? 

HALP.

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

16 minutes ago, Urgan said:

HALP.

I 100% recommend a perennial sedum. They come in different colors. Are a medium height, 16-18". Do well in full sun to partial shade. They require very little to no watering because they are thick leaved (almost like a thin jade).  They look great until they flower and after. Whereas a lot of perennials that are not bushes tend to look like shit towards the end of summer. 

Sedum Autumn Joy color: https://www.bluestoneperennials.com/SEAF.html?utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=Feed&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NB_PLA_2014_GOOG&utm_term=shopping&utm_content=sUg6tgqH8|pcrid|42691214743|pmt||pkw||pdv|c|&&gclid=CI_Fm7yGytQCFYy2wAodvLsHRA 

Sedum Purple Emperor: https://www.bluestoneperennials.com/SEPE.html 

Comes in some red and yellow colors too. Usually easy to find in garden stores. 

sedum_maestro_cjw13.jpg 

If you want like an actual flowering BUSH then you might have to go ask at the garden store because I'm much more knowledgeable about flowers and vegetables than I am about bushes. I know bushes but not enough to make a recommendation. 

• Like 2

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

6/18/2017 + WEEK 2 DEBRIEF

200w.gif

Raining all the time

Lift

Rest day. This wasn't a stellar week, but I put in the work.

Recover

Log rolling calorie AVG: 2582 / 2626 + 2304 + 2356 + 2498 + 2636 + 2695 + 2814

Log rolling sugar AVG: 40 / 32 + 30 + 32 + 38 + 41 + 78 + 28

Iron Maiden: 13/28

Lifting status: yellow-ish

Here we are, this Week 2 of the month, but Week 3 according to my body. I didn't feel awesome in the gym (or anywhere else, frankly, except bed) and my appetite was down. Discipline is the only reason my numbers are good. I think I need place special emphasis on Week 3 (re: birth control) to watch for pre-Shark Week symptoms. I think this ground has been covered to this point, sheesh.

htEN06DsTk1HtSdpjrKcPHXelUdjFwh1Hemp8zO71k1A8RhtzEDTT3seSqVbz6551vAFhx8O0Cr2cAmP7PL_ST7svPeLeuJm4cYDdveo7kbWs6q4E2_vbzV1mXjbyizytI8J-Pc5

e9_bh3Z6P8a3khdwruHIcOknFREiCWj8B2a-qqiseCkmRbkOskKtd967f1QhJsepHSfK1JRwjweoGSs69ofHcvJleRDiBY2TPODlTWgLgGCuIHddLRbgNODCpAznB5ITv6A6mstK

Words

Writing - 1/4

Weekly To-Do

Find a floor cleaner that doesn't suck - DONE??

Cat hair/claws - 4/4, 3/3

Reschedule chiro

Research plants - 50%

All the chores. Bought a floor cleaner, we'll see what it does. Cats were groomed. Mostly kept to cushioned horizontal surfaces, tho. It was too muggy for walking around more than required.

• Like 1

6/19/2017

giphy.gif

Should be a green Ranger

Lift

OdAJ2mSUuIg_YwEcADDh0kR7gJqmUwoT3GYoP4E_TAnmIJSSKMU36uQDTsEcgd2wnOyipVlZ0Jyw0PGcFFq4VSGu1vEPLdDhx9DW0oRhIzpUoCBGHAelFof5qdsRL_E8KC2DKV8t

A real challenge, but doable. I even accidentally added a rep to the backoff sets on OHP, whoops.

Recover

Log rolling calorie AVG: 2154 / 2154

Log rolling sugar AVG: 44 / 44

Iron Maiden: 13/28

Lifting status: green

Not a good macro day, but I made the best of really suboptimal food available. Also, protein landed at 131, so there's that.

Words

Writing - 1/4

Weekly To-Do

Research plants - 75%

Rip Aikido DVD

Long story short, I got my belt. That means a new set of requirements to ingest. Gonna have to learn to roll as uke for real during techniques, no more optional there. We practiced sensei-assisted breakfalls for our post-test training. Wednesday I will miss for a chiro appointment. Otherwise, not challenging myself much this week because Shark Week. 

• Like 2

On 6/19/2017 at 9:01 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

I 100% recommend a perennial sedum. They come in different colors. Are a medium height, 16-18". Do well in full sun to partial shade. They require very little to no watering because they are thick leaved (almost like a thin jade).  They look great until they flower and after. Whereas a lot of perennials that are not bushes tend to look like shit towards the end of summer. 

Sedum Autumn Joy color: https://www.bluestoneperennials.com/SEAF.html?utm_source=Froogle&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=Feed&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NB_PLA_2014_GOOG&utm_term=shopping&utm_content=sUg6tgqH8|pcrid|42691214743|pmt||pkw||pdv|c|&&gclid=CI_Fm7yGytQCFYy2wAodvLsHRA 

Sedum Purple Emperor: https://www.bluestoneperennials.com/SEPE.html 

Comes in some red and yellow colors too. Usually easy to find in garden stores. 

sedum_maestro_cjw13.jpg 

If you want like an actual flowering BUSH then you might have to go ask at the garden store because I'm much more knowledgeable about flowers and vegetables than I am about bushes. I know bushes but not enough to make a recommendation. 

I will definitely check these out and another plant that I forget the name of at the moment. I think they're technically annuals, but here they're basically perrenials provided the ground doesn't freeze. Thanks!

55 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Long story short, I got my belt. That means a new set of requirements to ingest. Gonna have to learn to roll as uke for real during techniques, no more optional there. We practiced sensei-assisted breakfalls for our post-test training. Wednesday I will miss for a chiro appointment. Otherwise, not challenging myself much this week because Shark Week. 

Well, I am sorry to hear that your body's being unkind, but OTOH, hey! Congratulations! Way to make belt! Now you get to learn how to fall - the most important discipline in a standing grappling style. :D

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Not a good macro day, but I made the best of really suboptimal food available. Also, protein landed at 131, so there's that.

Yeah, I feel you on this one. Was it at least tasty?

• Like 2

6/20/2017 + 6/21/2017

giphy.gif

Neeeeeigh

Lift

Squats 

45    5
100    5
115    5
130    5
139    3x5
146    2

Recover

Log rolling calorie AVG: 2235 / 2154 + 2304 + 2249 

Log rolling sugar AVG: 41 / 44 + 46 + 34

Iron Maiden: 15/28

Lifting status: yellow

Words

Writing - 1/4

Weekly To-Do

Research plants - 75%

Rip Aikido DVD

You may notice the distinct lack of deadlifts. This is due to a combination of lateness to gym, leg soreness, and my give-a-crap supply running out.

The lateness to the gym is caused by poor sleeping patterns aka falling asleep watching youtube then getting up to finish bedtime rituals. Really stupid. Might need to, ya know, stop that or something. 

Leg soreness I believe I have pinpointed to a particular exercise done in Aikido where we were divided into two groups and positioned opposite one another. The goal was to cross a stretch of the mat without stepping outside of a very narrow area prescribed by the crash pads used to do breakfalls earlier. Everyone had to make it without falling. My quads staying tense were the only thing keeping me upright several times and I regret nothing. The spot where adductors and hamstrings meet beg to differ. All this is to say that squats didn't hurt, but between that and Shark Week, I decided to take the extra 15 minutes and just sit on the locker room bench. Because of what I knew I'd be walking into at work (a buzzsaw, basically), I figured why beat my own ass trying to rush and squeeze everything in when ass will be beaten regardless.

And that leads me to the give-a-crap shortage. So work has suddenly become intense and stressful since Friday. And not just for me/this level of QA. It hasn't gotten a lot better, but I am about to the place where I am numb to it. In light of this, I am just hanging on this week. Will probably replace writing with a bedtime lights-out goal, because dang if I can't adult for more than 2 weeks at a stretch.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 10:19 AM, Kishi said:

Well, I am sorry to hear that your body's being unkind, but OTOH, hey! Congratulations! Way to make belt! Now you get to learn how to fall - the most important discipline in a standing grappling style. :D

OTOOH, my migraine is AWOL as of this moment. That might be the best measure of my stress. 

Yeah, falling on your own time vs nage's is a whole other thing.

On 6/20/2017 at 10:19 AM, Kishi said:

Yeah, I feel you on this one. Was it at least tasty?

Oh yeah. I am getting by on Fiorucci Paninos and it is Good.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Yikes, yeah, you got a lot on your plate right now. But you keep on trying. That's awesome. Dig in and fight out the rest of this week the best that you can. These troubles cannot last forever, and you're tougher than they are.

Our workload has exploded and our manager is gone until after the 4th. At least I'm not the only one feeling it.

6/22/2017

giphy.gif

I need an adult

Lift

Rest day.

Recover

Log rolling calorie AVG: 2245 / 2154 + 2304 + 2249 + 2269

Log rolling sugar AVG: 38 / 44 + 46 + 34 + 26

Iron Maiden: 16/28

Weekly To-Do

Research plants - 75%

Rip Aikido DVD

I have been doing a poor job of remembering to weigh myself, so the chart will be kinda sad this time. I am still working on healing up from Tuesday's onset of leg DOMS. Almost better, but not gone by any means.

Mood is slowly improving, or I am totally numb--not sure which. For those of you keeping track at home, we had a tornado watch/warning depending on when and who you were listening to. The usual parts of town that get socked with tornados got socked and it was indeed bad for them specifically, but it's like building a beach house at the Gulf Coast. You pretty much know what you're getting. I don't get any delight in human suffering, but I personally know of family too stubborn to move from this area until death happened. So put me down as not sure how to feel. 

We're down in the basement like the important people we are, so by the time it's time for us to panic, the first floor will have been ripped off this building and we'll be dead pretty quickly. So. I had lunch and went back to work (Mike only had rain at his work), the house was fine far south of the OMG WEATHER while others were streaming the coverage. And the coverage. The guy talking about it developed a catch phrase, "like playing whack-a-mole." Like 14 times over the course of a 4 hour span. Drinking game material. Guess you gotta fill all that time making nothing into something somehow. 

All this while smoker be outside having a smoke on their break. 

We're in for round two at some point this day 6/23 in the year of our Lord, clearly the terror is mounting. 

Also, the tornado threat saved me 30 minutes of travel time and gas, so yeah. Then I came home and called mom about a family friend expressing interest in some kind of training because she saw our insta videos and didn't want to end up like HER mom at end of life, being helped to the bathroom by family. Also explained the mess that is work currently because things have been too crazy to EXPLAIN the crazy. Then flopped on couch and napped until 8 flipping 50, ugh. UGH. STUPID ME, WHY. Mike doesn't wake me up to feed him, which is both good and makes me feel a little guilty. I want to rest, not pass out for an hour. Why is that so hard??

Express 15 munute dinnner GO. Chicken soboro donburi TO THE RESCUE. 

Turned out he had a sore tooth and was probably sitting there in pain, sigh. We broke out the Orajel and had some food. My job in situations like this is to make sure that he does eat something, because going to bed hungry is a setup for a bad next day. And to bandaid the injury, obviously. So we can do it all again tomorrow. TGIF?

wow! glad you are okay and hope the weather isn't too bad today. living in the northeast means we can handle a ocean-load of snow but have no idea what a tornado is.

i've never heard of Chicken soboro donburi so i googled it and now i want it. did you order in or make it at home?

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

53 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I don't get any delight in human suffering, but I personally know of family too stubborn to move from this area until death happened. So put me down as not sure how to feel. 

I understand more when a person simply can't afford the move, like if they are underwater on their house, can't even afford a new deposit on another apartment, apartments in any other part of town are way out of budget, sure. That's a sad story. But some humans for sure are too afraid of change or too stubborn and it takes stupid levels of hardship to get them to initiate it. :/ Usually it is someone else without the power to make those decisions who pays, it seems.

55 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I want to rest, not pass out for an hour. Why is that so hard??

Guessing because you're literally exhausted and needed the sleep!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

wow! glad you are okay and hope the weather isn't too bad today. living in the northeast means we can handle a ocean-load of snow but have no idea what a tornado is.

Weather, amirite?

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i've never heard of Chicken soboro donburi so i googled it and now i want it. did you order in or make it at home?

It's homemade, here: http://www.japanesecooking101.com/chicken-soboro-donburi-recipe/

It's really, really good in a pinch.

49 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I understand more when a person simply can't afford the move, like if they are underwater on their house, can't even afford a new deposit on another apartment, apartments in any other part of town are way out of budget, sure. That's a sad story. But some humans for sure are too afraid of change or too stubborn and it takes stupid levels of hardship to get them to initiate it. :/ Usually it is someone else without the power to make those decisions who pays, it seems.

It's complicated. 

50 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Guessing because you're literally exhausted and needed the sleep!

BUT IT'S NOT SLEEPING TIME.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

It's homemade, here: http://www.japanesecooking101.com/chicken-soboro-donburi-recipe/

It's really, really good in a pinch.

yes!! that's the one i found and pinned this morning

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

24 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

yes!! that's the one i found and pinned this morning

Can vouch for it, then. I removed the sugar, because there's already enough sugar via mirin. 

42 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Can vouch for it, then. I removed the sugar, because there's already enough sugar via mirin. 

oh perfect! i was hoping i could omit that as well

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

6/23/2017 + 6/24/2017

giphy.gif

Showing up, hoping to be passed off as competent

Lift

juXopqpjyhBIM4WPXuif99SiNPluA1l5xwRRYkNwxy7VnlZ_Ebd64Tyk1MhOz_qoCXfoDRk4uPtlQ1YzHWrRCzUtolcP8r6mAOHO8O6JccEURJJDfdLJwqLLFwKY3KkNYrsN8z4g

I did the thing, guys.

And took a rest day on Saturday because rain + groceries + stress = rest day. Right?

Recover

Log rolling calorie AVG: 2355 / 2154 + 2304 + 2249 + 2269 + 2677 + 2476

Log rolling sugar AVG: 44 / 44 + 46 + 34 + 26 + 38 + 77

Iron Maiden: 18/28

Weekly To-Do

Research plants - 100% - Hydrangeas and sedums

Rip Aikido DVD

Just holding the line ATM. Resting as hard as possible. Hoping next week doesn't look like last week. 

• Like 3