19 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

What is the difference between training your parents and just being their workout partner? How are they defining the difference? WTF.

Here's the thing, I can't stand there and watch them quietly (I'm not yelling cues, I'm not flailing around making a scene), but I can do my session there with them and it's fine, aka TWO humans "maybe doing the exercises wrong and hurting themselves" instead of the one exposing the gym to liability, according to their logic. I made that work while unemployed. At this point, mom is comfy enough with the idea of the thing that I just do her programming. She videos herself occasionally as well.

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Nothing quite like being told you don't know what you're doing before the person self-edits "when" you do something incorrectly to "if."

Okay fiber. From gluten-free sources until such time as that problem miraculously disappears. So here's a list of things I currently comfortable eating, with the exception of the chickpea crisps and pumpkin seeds--these are things I'm going to experiment with. Oatmeal and avocado got old, I need to wait the cooldown period for those not to be burnt out. 

Beanitos - 10 chips, 6g

Good Bean Crispy Chickpeas - 1oz, 5g

Sunflower seeds - .3 cup, 5g

Pumpkin seeds - .5 cup, 4g

Gluten-free wraps - 1 wrap, 6g

Raspberries - 6oz, 10g

Blackberries - 6oz, 9g

Chocolate-covered Raisins - .25 cup, 3g

Gluten-free bean pasta - 2.5oz, 12.5g

Beans  - varies

Veggies - varies

Sample schedule to get to 30g would look like:

Breakfast

Kombucha/Yogurt

Fruit - 9.5g

Work Snack 

Seeds or wrap - 5g

chocolate raisins - 3g

Lunch + Dinner

Must sum to 11g

Night Snack

Bean crisps - 5.5g

I mean, 25g would be acceptable, but I want to shoot higher because I'll be more likely to get 25 then, yeah??

• Like 3

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

2/1/2018

giphy.gif

All ur base

Deload week

NA

No new wheat experimentation (Rolling Log)

Doughnut x2

Double chocolate complete cookie

Lemon poppy seed complete cookie

Gnocchi

Drink water - 4/5

Lunch timing - 4/5

Probiotic research

1/2 bottle kombucha and 1 bottle of filmjölk.

Miso plans incoming.

Fiber plan

Here's what I will go for as I seek out more fiber options:

Breakfast

Kombucha/Yogurt

Fruit - 9.5g

Work Snack 

Seeds or wrap - 5g

chocolate raisins - 3g

Lunch + Dinner

Must sum to 11g

Night Snack

Bean crisps - 5.5g

There's at least one of several possible reasons, and the very fact of multiple possibilities makes it impossible to say for sure why, but I took both probiotics well before (3+ hours) eating either of the wheaty items and did not experience yesterday's 1 hour results. Well after all my work food was eaten, riiiiight at time to leave I did have a bowel movement finally. Perhaps the delay was a function of my food choices, at least unlike before the result was normal.  Not complaining, just an observation. Friday is another day to repeat the experiment without relying on wheat-bearing food items. I suppose it's good to not have an immediate reaction to anything you eat, huh?

I am waking up really hungry and one day isn't a trend, but I was able to hit 2700 calories twice this week so far and normally during the week I struggle to clear 2300 most days. I wondered if the digestive regulation was stimulating this and the result of searching for verification shows a slightly more bizarre possibility. Unhelpful bacteria controlling your hunger signals to regulate its own food supply. Well okay then. I'll just be eating a bucket of yogurt now.

* stomach gurgles *

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, ixaera said:

How was the poppy seed complete cookie? I haven't had that one (or seen it... is it Lenny & Larry's?)

My fave is the double choc

Oh yeah it's Lenny & Larry's, it's really good IMO. Not a terribly strong lemon flavor, mind you. Double Chocolate is good also. I'll probably wait a good while to eat another one (hopefully). 

• Like 1

2/2/2018 - 2/4/2018

giphy.gif

Actual sighting of me in Kohl's

Deload week

Squats

45       10

100     5

120     3

135     1

150     1

178     3x2

OHP

45       2x5

50       3

65       1

61       2x3

Deadlift

135     5

150     3

170     1

188     3x2

Doughnut x2

Gnocchi

Soy Sauce

Fortune cookie x2

Drink water - 5/5

Lunch timing - 5/5

Probiotic research

I bought the miso.

Fiber plan

Done and done

Friday I did nothing fitness related. Unless you count grocery hunting as fitness. Because I did alllll of that. I found:

- Roasted pumpkin seeds

- Snapea crisps

- Farmhouse Culture Kraut Krisps (1oz = 1g protein, 2g fiber, AND probiotics)

- Sprouts (store brand) roasted salted carrot chips

- Beanitos White Bean chips

Then Saturday happened. Lifting felt amazing and I probably could have 3x3'd 178lbs, but deload week. Fairly sure my gut isn't the biggest fan of fortune cookies now, but oh well. Fiber has never been better on a Saturday, macros in general were very on point this week (except for Sunday...).

Sunday I did the dreaded Buy the Jeans quest. Always takes 3 hours and this one didn't fail to bring the angst. But I have new pants and tops and I had a gift card + 15% off randomly (aka their markup is STUPID). Trying to guess what shit costs as Kohl's got me like

giphy.gif

Kinda like the sizing schemes on the clothing labels. I dunno anymore, whatever. I have to grab minimum two of everything and try it on because mother-bleepin' NOTHING is a guarantee except that I hate clothes shopping. I do heart me some sweaters, tho. And not being naked. Or having the circulation cut off to my right leg because I grew or the pants shrank, one. 

$240 later, I bought 3 bunless hot dogs, a fry, and a green tea because FML I was really hungry. Went home, ate that, cleaned up the pantry, my closet (to make room for the new stuff), cycled laundry, spooned a Maine Coon, then attempted to make dinner. Y'all my sugar snap peas were rotten and I had to go to the store at 7:30PM to get more. Got home, chopped veggies, reached for the 2lbs of ground beef and

and

It was in the freezer. It was still frozen.

FARK.

Suffice it to say I got laundry dry, dinner made and eaten, clothes put up, litter scooped, and the next day prep done at 10:30 PM sharp. ai3hj59oarh90arhi0afbaf I would love to blame this on the Super Bowel (originally a typo, but I mean really now) but that's a dirty lie we don't have cable. I just flat failed at Adulting. Lights were off at 11:30 because I was just clean out of f's, gang. This is why I don't go clothes shopping often. Well that and the money issue. And the sanity issue. And it makes me want to burn down the town.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Kinda like the sizing schemes on the clothing labels. I dunno anymore, whatever. I have to grab minimum two of everything and try it on because mother-bleepin' NOTHING is a guarantee except that I hate clothes shopping.

HOO BOY HOWDY T H I S

I have a Marshall's gift card I've been sitting on since SEPTEMBER 'cause it's like... I have to be fairly motivated to give a shit, and also ready.  For failure.  And 38675 rounds of trying again and the waist fits on these pants but the things hahaha nope, and the next one the legs fit ok but the waist buckles out and oh I didn't need to zip these up anyways why can't we all just wear stretch pants everywhere?!!?!?!?!!

6 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Super Bowel (originally a typo, but I mean really now) 

Thank you for not fixing this.

We don't have cable either.  It's kinda the best, zero ragrets.

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

16 minutes ago, shaar said:

HOO BOY HOWDY T H I S

I have a Marshall's gift card I've been sitting on since SEPTEMBER 'cause it's like... I have to be fairly motivated to give a shit, and also ready.  For failure.  And 38675 rounds of trying again and the waist fits on these pants but the things hahaha nope, and the next one the legs fit ok but the waist buckles out and oh I didn't need to zip these up anyways why can't we all just wear stretch pants everywhere?!!?!?!?!!

This is basically my shopping experience condensed. I am apparently an 8 now. Still weigh 115~lbs, so. 

LEGGINGS FOR DAYS.

• Like 3

February 2018 Goals

giphy.gif

Show of hands: who's glad EOY...ended?

It appears January is over, huh? Belt testing is a no, probiotics is a yes, and I have a plan for fiber and holy CRAP (HARR) does it make a difference for digestion and performance in the gym. Or so initial signs indicate. I have essentially two concerns this month so far: my top and my bottom--headaches and digestion. Guess I'll update if I figure out anything else--I can do that and it still be meaningful because this is a battle log and I make the rules!

giphy.gif

Food

I am fairly sure my water habit will be easy to stick to, because the positive effect is so profound. Not so much for lunchtime--not that it doesn't make me feel better to do, but that it's so easy for me to forget. If left to my own devices I will eat at most 1400 calories and all of it after 3PM. This month's hat trick is to hit my fiber goals and not let calories and protein collapse. THE PLAN is below, copy-pasted from above, and I will attempt to use it as a guideline to get "enough" fiber to have a normal life and to vary it enough that my body never gets wise to one food and ban it for life. I'll be tracking as usual in an effort to not over-complicate it. Ha ha. Ha. Also do something with the miso before it rots.

Breakfast

Kombucha/Yogurt

Fruit - 9.5g

Work Snack 

Seeds or wrap - 5g

chocolate raisins - 3g

Lunch + Dinner

Must sum to 11g

Night Snack

Bean crisps - 5.5g

Lunch-time0/20

Miso meal: 0/1

Calories0

Protein0

Fiber0

Self-Care

Roll my shoulders a bit, see if that will help the tension in my right shoulder maybe. I have a weird thing where I am noticing a headache develop after sitting at work for prolonged periods. I stand up and I'm fine. Tilting my head back as far as it can go helps. I think perhaps I need to work on my posture. I bias to one side and lean against my chair arm. 

Mobility: 0/8

Weekly Debriefs:

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

I have a weird thing where I am noticing a headache develop after sitting at work for prolonged periods. I stand up and I'm fine. Tilting my head back as far as it can go helps. I think perhaps I need to work on my posture. I bias to one side and lean against my chair arm. 

This is something huuuuge I've been noticing in me, too.  Oh hey, trap that likes to pull painfully a lot!  Oh hey, look how you're sitting and the constant position of your mouse arm!........ Siiiiigh.  Unlearning postural habits is a pain in the buns, I've been able to do it a little, but clearly not enough to be totally efficient.

Looking forward to more poop jokes in February 'cause I mean, when in Rome...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, shaar said:

This is something huuuuge I've been noticing in me, too.  Oh hey, trap that likes to pull painfully a lot!  Oh hey, look how you're sitting and the constant position of your mouse arm!........ Siiiiigh.  Unlearning postural habits is a pain in the buns, I've been able to do it a little, but clearly not enough to be totally efficient.

Looking forward to more poop jokes in February 'cause I mean, when in Rome...

Fun fact: I tend to get headaches when I am idle at work more often than when I am actually working. 

• Like 1

2/5/2018

giphy.gif

Finding a new groove

Food

Lunch-time: 1/20

Calories: 2365 / 2365

Protein: 122 / 122

Fiber: 30 / 30

Self-Care

Lifting happened after that clusterfarkle of a Sunday.

Bench

45       3

65       3

75       3

85       3

96       2

96       3--3RM PR + 1!!       

OHP

45       3

50       3

55       3

60       3

69       3--3RM PR + 1!!       

58       3x6

I would like to point out for your enlightened enrichment that my PRs are 96 and 69.

All of the things were eaten this day, and apparently it was in just the right quantities to make my macros. There is something to being mindful about my posture and not taking for granted that the chair is the correct height. The chair isn't going to keep me from hunching. Not unless I get a seatbelt attached to this thing. The cube table's height is a little inconvenient for me, but oh well. 

Did Aikido, scored hand bruises because we finished with a kotegaeshi drill (because of course we did...). Knife takeaway variant. I am a jerk to get a knife away from, just in case anybody needed to know that. Embarrassing men and women alike since 2016.

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Not to mention clothing fit for us lifting types. Who knows where it will be tight. Will these pants be made for quads or glutes or calves, 1 or 3 or none? Will it potentially have fit around our waist if we had been able to get it over our calves or quads, we may never know?

It's like you were right there with me bearing witness to the Struggle. Lesson I had to relearn: If it says "skinny" ANYWHERE on the tags, put it back. Just...put it back. I need "eased," "free," "mobility/movement," "relaxed," etc. Lee and Gloria Vanderbilt ("Amanda" type specifically) turned out to be my ticket, FWIW. It seems the store went nuts with 3 specific type of jeans and decided to carry damn near every size in them. Sounds awesome right? Yeah, well there's petite average, petite short, and I don't think petite long exists (isn't that just normal height??) but anyway there are all kinds of ways to end up with the wrong size somehow, so I tried on EVERY PAIR OF PANTS I intended to buy after trying on half the store's selection in 6's and 8's. Because the same kind of pants turns out could be made in different countries (one from Jordan, one from Indonesia mmmkay guess China was busy that day) and God knows I do not believe the fit is exactly the same. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Yay PRs!

I'm late to the probiotics chat... I've been eating a lot of fermented foods/drinks myself, recently, per the advice of my nutritionist: sauerkraut, fermented carrot sticks, goat's milk kefir, kombucha, and goat's milk/sheep's milk yogurt. All home-made except for the yogurt. If probiotics are something you want to add to your diet regularly, then many types of fermented foods are fairly easy (and much cheaper) to make at home!

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12  

4 minutes ago, Alanna said:

Yay PRs!

I'm late to the probiotics chat... I've been eating a lot of fermented foods/drinks myself, recently, per the advice of my nutritionist: sauerkraut, fermented carrot sticks, goat's milk kefir, kombucha, and goat's milk/sheep's milk yogurt. All home-made except for the yogurt. If probiotics are something you want to add to your diet regularly, then many types of fermented foods are fairly easy (and much cheaper) to make at home!

That reminds me! I found sauerkraut that hasn't been nerfed by pasteurization (why.....) the other day. Didn't buy it right then because I had just tanked up on yogurt and kombucha. Maybe one day I will get brave and make some, but for now I am happy just trying to straighten myself out. How much do you tend to take in of probiotics/day? Wanna compare notes on how much constitutes and effective "dose."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Urgan said:

That reminds me! I found sauerkraut that hasn't been nerfed by pasteurization (why.....) the other day. Didn't buy it right then because I had just tanked up on yogurt and kombucha. Maybe one day I will get brave and make some, but for now I am happy just trying to straighten myself out. How much do you tend to take in of probiotics/day? Wanna compare notes on how much constitutes and effective "dose."

I know the feeling... it's really difficult to find sauerkraut here at all, let alone unpasteurized.

I usually have a small serving of vegetables (2-3 heaping forkfuls of sauerkraut) and a small glass (150-200 g worth) of kefir, and sometimes another 100-150 g of kombucha. Yogurt I don't limit, but I don't think it's as strong as what I make myself. My nutritionist recommends starting very small and working your way up to larger amounts, though I think what I'm taking is adequate (and too much also isn't good)... I can confirm at the end of the month after my next appointment with her :). Different foods and beverages offer different strains, so variety is good. By the way, if you still have random digestive issues, FODMAPs are something else to look into for troubleshooting - it's possible to be sensitive to certain classes of them, which could manifest as intermittent issues.

• Like 1

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12  

2 minutes ago, Alanna said:

I know the feeling... it's really difficult to find sauerkraut here at all, let alone unpasteurized.

I usually have a small serving of vegetables (2-3 heaping forkfuls of sauerkraut) and a small glass (150-200 g worth) of kefir, and sometimes another 100-150 g of kombucha. Yogurt I don't limit, but I don't think it's as strong as what I make myself. My nutritionist recommends starting very small and working your way up to larger amounts, though I think what I'm taking is adequate (and too much also isn't good)... I can confirm at the end of the month after my next appointment with her :). Different foods and beverages offer different strains, so variety is good. By the way, if you still have random digestive issues, FODMAPs are something else to look into for troubleshooting - it's possible to be sensitive to certain classes of them, which could manifest as intermittent issues.

It blows my mind, pasteurization. Way to destroy the nutritional value of food. I imagine some foods are more risky than others, but I suspect we just blast everything and ask questions never.

My fermented veggie game is nil right now (but Soon). 8oz (226g) of Icelandic kefir alternated with yogurt at 5.3oz (150g) by days and 8~oz (226g) kombucha here. The dairy brand is Siggi's, so at least there's consistency there. I have access to other brands so I could switch it up, but it's been like, a week now lol. I'm varying kombucha since there are many, many flavors there and something has to vary to maximize that flora. I do think digestion is improving, although given I eat dinner at my parents' place 2x a week, there's a little Unknown factor on some ingredients. You know, you can tell you parents you can't do gluten and they're down with that, but there's no guarantee flour or whatever won't end up as part of the sauce lol. You know how it is. Not foisting the blame on them for failure to be perfect instantly, this is a time-sensitive thing and all.

• Like 2

Guys guys guys. Listen to this. Wait, wait it's amazing.

Okay so I haven't had a headache in 5 and a half whole hours. STRAIGHT. No headaches for almost half the day and I came to work and everything.

• Like 4

It blows my mind, pasteurization. Way to destroy the nutritional value of food. I imagine some foods are more risky than others, but I suspect we just blast everything and ask questions never.

My fermented veggie game is nil right now (but Soon). 8oz (226g) of Icelandic kefir alternated with yogurt at 5.3oz (150g) by days and 8~oz (226g) kombucha here. The dairy brand is Siggi's, so at least there's consistency there. I have access to other brands so I could switch it up, but it's been like, a week now lol. I'm varying kombucha since there are many, many flavors there and something has to vary to maximize that flora. I do think digestion is improving, although given I eat dinner at my parents' place 2x a week, there's a little Unknown factor on some ingredients. You know, you can tell you parents you can't do gluten and they're down with that, but there's no guarantee flour or whatever won't end up as part of the sauce lol. You know how it is. Not foisting the blame on them for failure to be perfect instantly, this is a time-sensitive thing and all.

(More) miso plans incoming

18 hours ago, Urgan said:

Guys guys guys. Listen to this. Wait, wait it's amazing.

Okay so I haven't had a headache in 5 and a half whole hours. STRAIGHT. No headaches for almost half the day and I came to work and everything.

I'm over here singing and dancing for you. :D Do you think something caused this wondrous result or just happenstance?

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

2/6/2018

giphy.gif

The newest old mobility modality

Food

Lunch-time: 2/20

Calories: 2473 / 2580

Protein: 122 / 123

Fiber: 28 / 25

Self-Care

The highlights of my day were NO HEAD PAIN ALL DAY LONG and pooping. The end.

Shoulda mobilized. Didn't. Because I forgot. I did not, however, forget to eat. We made carbonara with gluten-free paaaaaaaaaaastas, smoked bacon, and I learned at long last how to fry an egg. You know, like the ones in cartoons?

giphy.gif

It was so good, guys. And I added peas because fiber. 

4 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm over here singing and dancing for you. :D Do you think something caused this wondrous result or just happenstance?

I mean, there's always tomorrow, right??? But I think being very careful to keep elbows off the arm rest and not twisty bend over looking at my phone at all ever had a bit to do with it. Trying to keep my shoulders as level as is feasible (I think it's working?). The chair arms are lava. I repeat: THE CHAIR ARMS ARE LAVA.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Urgan said:

THIS IS A BLESSED POST.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, shaar said:

THIS IS A BLESSED POST.

giphy.gif

Relevant to your interests is about roughly 89% of the tension is out of my shoulder. 

My appetite is +300 calories. I am putting food in my face all of the time.

I squatted 170lbs for 3 this morning and said sure I can 3x3 161lbs in <15 minutes without having a panic fit. (I am a slow squatter. I need like 5 minutes between sets even if it is well-trod ground, guys. Real slow. It has nothing to do with my body, it's all in my brain case.) I sorta almost made it, too. Then swam to work. It is flooding errwhere today.

My energy is up, no crashing at 2:30PM. Unreasonably able to get out of bed Tuesday and this morning given the garbage start to this week I gave myself, which usually deep sixes me faster than you can say "failure to launch."

I can drive without using sunglasses all the way to work and most~ of the way home without discomfort. The setting sun has an opinion on this development, you see (or not because STAB goes the sunshine in your face).

Digestion and absorption might be important, but you never can tell.

• Like 4

Catching up after work craziness. Good to see how much progress you've made over the last several weeks. Congrats on all the PRs!

On 2/1/2018 at 2:57 PM, Urgan said:

Okay fiber. From gluten-free sources until such time as that problem miraculously disappears. So here's a list of things I currently comfortable eating, with the exception of the chickpea crisps and pumpkin seeds--these are things I'm going to experiment with. Oatmeal and avocado got old, I need to wait the cooldown period for those not to be burnt out. 

Beanitos - 10 chips, 6g

Good Bean Crispy Chickpeas - 1oz, 5g

Sunflower seeds - .3 cup, 5g

Pumpkin seeds - .5 cup, 4g

Gluten-free wraps - 1 wrap, 6g

Raspberries - 6oz, 10g

Blackberries - 6oz, 9g

Chocolate-covered Raisins - .25 cup, 3g

Gluten-free bean pasta - 2.5oz, 12.5g

Beans  - varies

Veggies - varies

Thank you for providing this list. I've been wondering if I'm getting enough fiber. Mostly sparked by the discussion here. My GI tract has been behaving differently ever since I started taking vitamin D and magnesium regularly. I'm taking MgO at night and not finding it to be a laxative AT ALL. Mostly the reverse. Thus my interest in fiber. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that strawberries and blackberries have significant fiber. I wouldn't have guessed that from the texture. Looks like my yogurt with blackberries and granola is a good start. The rest of my meals are sadly lacking in fiber.

On 2/5/2018 at 10:21 AM, Urgan said:

Doughnut x2

Gnocchi

Soy Sauce

Fortune cookie x2

Then Saturday happened. Lifting felt amazing and I probably could have 3x3'd 178lbs, but deload week. Fairly sure my gut isn't the biggest fan of fortune cookies now, but oh well. Fiber has never been better on a Saturday, macros in general were very on point this week (except for Sunday...).

Hmmm, you mentioned that doughnuts, cake and cookies sit fine, while the fortune cookie and pretzels were problematic. A possible reason is that cookies and cakes are made with low-protein (= low gluten) flour while baked goods that need structure use flour with more gluten. Just a guess.

On 2/5/2018 at 10:21 AM, Urgan said:

Sunday I did the dreaded Buy the Jeans quest. Always takes 3 hours and this one didn't fail to bring the angst. But I have new pants and tops and I had a gift card + 15% off randomly (aka their markup is STUPID). Trying to guess what shit costs as Kohl's got me like

Kinda like the sizing schemes on the clothing labels. I dunno anymore, whatever. I have to grab minimum two of everything and try it on because mother-bleepin' NOTHING is a guarantee except that I hate clothes shopping. I do heart me some sweaters, tho. And not being naked. Or having the circulation cut off to my right leg because I grew or the pants shrank, one. 

I hear you on this. I shop at Kohls too. You would think they would carry short AND tall in the land of tall people, but no. Finding the elusive tall jeans is always a struggle. Likewise for consistency. Same brand, same style, same size, different color -> different fit.

I braved the morning crowds on Black Friday to get new bras without breaking the bank. I found three that fit. Three different brands, three different sizes. Go figure.

On 2/6/2018 at 8:36 AM, Urgan said:

Did Aikido, scored hand bruises because we finished with a kotegaeshi drill (because of course we did...). Knife takeaway variant. I am a jerk to get a knife away from, just in case anybody needed to know that. Embarrassing men and women alike since 2016.

If your partners are bruising your hand they are doing it wrong. You are supposed to hang onto the knife like your life depends on it. That is a reasonable assumption in a knife fight. Your partner needs to get your arm in that awkward position where pressure on the back of your hand makes you lose your grip. It does not take a lot of force if nage is in the correct position.

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

I mean, there's always tomorrow, right??? But I think being very careful to keep elbows off the arm rest and not twisty bend over looking at my phone at all ever had a bit to do with it. Trying to keep my shoulders as level as is feasible (I think it's working?). The chair arms are lava. I repeat: THE CHAIR ARMS ARE LAVA.

Oh yeah, working at a desk is hazardous. I screwed up my shoulder by having my mouse too far forward by an inch or two. Being fidgety at work is GOOD for you.

• Like 2

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log