27 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Catching up after work craziness. Good to see how much progress you've made over the last several weeks. Congrats on all the PRs!

Perpetual tripping, never quite falling down has been my strategy for staying alive during January lol.

Thank you for providing this list. I've been wondering if I'm getting enough fiber. Mostly sparked by the discussion here. My GI tract has been behaving differently ever since I started taking vitamin D and magnesium regularly. I'm taking MgO at night and not finding it to be a laxative AT ALL. Mostly the reverse. Thus my interest in fiber. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that strawberries and blackberries have significant fiber. I wouldn't have guessed that from the texture. Looks like my yogurt with blackberries and granola is a good start. The rest of my meals are sadly lacking in fiber.

It's funny because I've had this fiber goal for so long but I had to get to a point where I was willing to cut, dry, and nail to a board the numbers. My go-tos just didn't have enough fiber and it wasn't gonna magically happen that chocolate and spaghetti bear enough fiber to get me through a day. Huh, mag oxide makes me go like an Olympic sprinter being chased by a bear. Go figure. Fruit, beans, and dried stuffs are currently saving my life lol.

Hmmm, you mentioned that doughnuts, cake and cookies sit fine, while the fortune cookie and pretzels were problematic. A possible reason is that cookies and cakes are made with low-protein (= low gluten) flour while baked goods that need structure use flour with more gluten. Just a guess.

Wanna make a wager on the next wheat-y thing I eat playing nice or...not? We could test this theory (once I have figured out this fiber and probiotic life of course, lol).

I hear you on this. I shop at Kohls too. You would think they would carry short AND tall in the land of tall people, but no. Finding the elusive tall jeans is always a struggle. Likewise for consistency. Same brand, same style, same size, different color -> different fit.

I braved the morning crowds on Black Friday to get new bras without breaking the bank. I found three that fit. Three different brands, three different sizes. Go figure.

If you aren't roughly in the middle, God be with you if you want to own garments that fit. They've slowly caught up to the notion that short people exist, but you tall people are yeti and unicorns. Much like athletic short people. GAH.

If your partners are bruising your hand they are doing it wrong. You are supposed to hang onto the knife like your life depends on it. That is a reasonable assumption in a knife fight. Your partner needs to get your arm in that awkward position where pressure on the back of your hand makes you lose your grip. It does not take a lot of force if nage is in the correct position.

The joys of randori and wanting to rush the process. If I did not produce sweat, they would be SO in trouble.

1 minute ago, Kishi said:

I'm honestly just glad to hear that you're feeling better. Migraines suck; if you have a physical component to them as well that can mitigate that pain, however, it's a good thing. I hope it keeps going for you.

Things seem so obvious in hindsight. Paying attention to mundane junk like where my spine is in space all the time is hard until the new habits stick.

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

Relevant to your interests is about roughly 89% of the tension is out of my shoulder. 

Like... we KNOW posture works, but.  But.  Why is it so hard????

I'm very mindful that when I'm gaming on my computer at home my right arm position - ye ol' mouse hand - is terrible.  And I am trying to be mindful enough to fix it but when you're in an intense 8-man raid and everyone is dying but you're just a bard (literally) all that can go out the window realfast............

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

3 minutes ago, shaar said:

I'm very mindful that when I'm gaming on my computer at home my right arm position - ye ol' mouse hand - is terrible.  And I am trying to be mindful enough to fix it but when you're in an intense 8-man raid and everyone is dying but you're just a bard (literally) all that can go out the window realfast............

Sounds like chair height may need some adjusting followed up with a footrest to keep your knees from getting pissed off? You need to implement some kind of batcave tweaks for when stuff goes down because constant mindfulness is no, Ghostrider. And after all that chair-sitting at the office trying so hard to be good and sit properly and jeez shaar no wonder you have a cranky shoulder that is hard to make happy at all ever.

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

FUCKIN ALL I CAN DO IS SING YOU ASSHOLES

2/7/2018

giphy.gif

I AM AN ADULT

Food

Lunch-time: 3/20

Miso meal: 0/1

Calories: 2541/ 2678

Protein: 118 / 110

Fiber: 31 / 39

Self-Care

Mobility: 1/8

Squat

45         3

120       3

145       3

170       3

161       3x3

Heavy rain + thunder/lightning + possibility of hail = Hell No. I stayed in bed awhile and got up once the rain had died down from The Flood Pt. 2 levels of 5AM and scrambled out the door. Did my squats, tried to move quickly, failed. Oh well, not much at work going on anyway. Technically 170lbs for a triple is a 3RM morning PR. 

You see those averages? I am up as much as 200 calories on average. Fiber is right on target. Also, I am convinced that some combination of squats and preworkout is its own digestive aid. Noooooot complaining. 

I was all good re: headaches until I got a work laptop in the afternoon. Then allllllll of the headache trying to get it set up and configured. By the time I got to dinner, it had subsided, so I'm still calling that a win. I was left feeling tired, however, and didn't really want to do Aikido because waa waa tired and cold and stuff. So I did Aikido. It was a test night and I uke'd twice and jammed my toe on the mat by a herky jerky takedown. Oh well. It ain't a test night without casualties. As a consequence of it being test night, I got home late ~9:30, but I still did the following:

- mobility

- boxed a return because Reebok sent me the wrong shirt

- got Mike to get the cat carrier down in prep for a vet visit in the afternoon yippee skippy

- assembled food for the next day'

- scooped cat litter

- meaningful conversation about Mike's crappy day

In short, I adulted so hard. 

• Like 4

2/8/2018

giphy.gif

Straggling into the Vet Like

Food

Lunch-time: 4/20

Miso meal: 0/1

Calories: 2465 / 2238

Protein: 120 / 125

Fiber: 31 / 30

Self-Care

Today was a vet visit day. Of course I got home an hour in advance and managed to fall asleep from exhaustion, which put me way late getting to the vet. Luckily I still got Olive in and the doc said the antibiotic should still be in effect, so we added an antihistamine to the roster. It's a pill, so we're doing that twice daily for 10 days. So far, it seems to be working. Thank God dinner was stupid easy and came out of cans and jars. Rice bowls are lifesavers. Somehow still made macros.

My head was kinda meh. At work it was alright, but as it got time to deviate from normal, it had Thoughts about that. Not severe, just present.

• Like 1

For those of you who WANT to drink kombucha as medicine, but cannot get past the taste, this stuff is really, really mild: Jun Kombucha. It has a strong honey flavor + bubbles. I bought the blackberry mint one and it is good stuff. Just FYI.

• Like 1

2/9/2018 + 2/10/2018

giphy.gif

Nailed it

Food

Miso meal: 1/1

Calories: 2471 / 2605, 2362

Protein: 116 / 108, 109

Fiber: 33 / 55, 20

Calories are up, weight is stable. This is not even my final form, because the call of nature doesn't dial #2 until after I have eaten/drunk something and/or miles away from the scale. Oh well, I'll take it. Besides, I have had it happen that after coffee or kombucha and a resulting bowel movement, I ended up weighing more. So. Whatever, body.

h2B6crmI0TLJWE163E_rbZ7-JJtrSzs68DmYnKxGpc8iIwJWVSsFwtQTSAtypeWqZf8KZnr7QQzrS2PTvHWuusThU4bsYL6L94pYl7KC3OFfrZ680zWnhpP8EgU8Ofj5jdeGh2Si

Self-Care

_lu-cOgmwP3ngn86ilhO31lEyZNraEu9eIfxX8Jt__74jz610_VqCzNcR4_m6E5BWCctx27wkgnL_hXHCwlTtUe0sn2Pwua4XjXRryUAVMDsFyeG0WBKeNa4PVRu4CFQY8mbXcNc

OHP is starting to get challenging to maintain at 3x3 or 3x5ing my 3RM and 5RM. Bench hit a bit of a snag on Monday, so I'll repeat the weight and am fully prepared to only hit a triple at 96 and start getting my stress by way of backoff sets. That's already the story with deadlift 3s week now. I am hopeful that will help keep deadlift going while I'm just casually doing my 3RM for sets and PRing that SOB on the last set, because why not? 200 at 3x3 on deadlift tested my will to live. I am quite sure that increasing both squat and deadlift by 2lbs and attempting a repeat performance may not be sustainable for very long. So I will flip the script and have 1 heavy DL and possibly BP set and drop back 10%~ for a 3x3. Or maybe I'll try to kill myself again, who can tell? What is being an adult, anyway? RIGHT??

I missed lunch on Friday by 15 minutes, otherwise I am okay with this week. I do finally have a plan for how to make miso happen and it's SURPRISE a rice bowl.

Mobility work on deck today.

Fun fact: Tomorrow is the start of Shark Week and Thursday is the day my contract ends/renews/rides a unicorn up to heaven. This is also the week I formally and finally bid adieu to my stockpiled meds. Urge to update and submit resume to everywhere rising.

On 2/9/2018 at 6:04 PM, ixaera said:

if it helps, I'm like 105 and small size underwear are lol nope 

Lifting = butts and/or thighs yep

I do not know if I changed, the labels changed, I don't know how to shop for pants, or all of the above. 

• Like 2

I do not know if I changed, the labels changed, I don't know how to shop for pants, or all of the above. 

Yes

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers from delayed number 2s. I like, will wake up and want to go, can't go, weigh myself anyway, jot that down. And then I'll have to go once I get to work. EVEN IF I SPEND LONGER THAN NORMAL AT HOME BEFORE GOING IN. Like come on.

• Like 1

2/11/2018

giphy.gif

Anime got me like

Food

Calories: 2520 / 2814

Protein: 118 / 130

Fiber: 36 / 50

Self-Care

Mobility: 2/8

So I might have had a 1164 calorie dinner, which accounted for 72g protein and 26g fiber. How did this happen? Well, I cooked a dinner of pulled beef + random TBD microwave veggies and I decided to fire up Crunchyroll and watched a couple episodes of A Place Further than the Universe. Basically, it's Cute Girls go to Antarctica, the show. It just so happens this show makes you want to punch a bear and breathe fire, it's so motivational (I know, right?). So I kinda maybe ate an entire bag of Steamfresh New England style protein blend. The bag says it's 3 cups, but I am Skeptical of this, as it squished into a 2 cup container easy (I thought I was gonna half it, but then I saw how much it was and was like, F it you're mine). Add 8oz of beef to this aaaaaand yeah. Why? Because I figured it would help.

Also took the time to finally do mobility and I hit shoulders and hips because pain = yes.

Mistakes were made and I watched some Haikyu!! as well. Did you know hype AF anime + large meals + 11:30PM don't agree? Yeah, me neither. No ragrets, as the kids say.

13 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Also I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers from delayed number 2s. I like, will wake up and want to go, can't go, weigh myself anyway, jot that down. And then I'll have to go once I get to work. EVEN IF I SPEND LONGER THAN NORMAL AT HOME BEFORE GOING IN. Like come on.

Basically every morning I am on this earth. I have decided to stop caring and just write the number down. WIP.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Urgan said:

So I might have had a 1164 calorie dinner, which accounted for 72g protein and 26g fiber. How did this happen? Well, I cooked a dinner of pulled beef + random TBD microwave veggies and I decided to fire up Crunchyroll and watched a couple episodes of A Place Further than the Universe. Basically, it's Cute Girls go to Antarctica, the show. It just so happens this show makes you want to punch a bear and breathe fire, it's so motivational (I know, right?).

I need this show in my life. I've never heard of it, but it sounds like my kind of people.

22 hours ago, Urgan said:

So I kinda maybe ate an entire bag of Steamfresh New England style protein blend. The bag says it's 3 cups, but I am Skeptical of this, as it squished into a 2 cup container easy (I thought I was gonna half it, but then I saw how much it was and was like, F it you're mine). Add 8oz of beef to this aaaaaand yeah. Why? Because I figured it would help.

I'm skeptical that even amounted to 1164 calories.

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I need this show in my life. I've never heard of it, but it sounds like my kind of people.

The first two episodes were really fun, I don't think you can lose. It's dealing with how to get high school girls on an expedition right now and I will be amused to see how they make that happen.

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

There was a lot of garlic parmesan sauce, which made the frozen veggies contribute a good bit to the total. Apparently it's 1.5 cups frozen, 2 cups cooked, which explains the "discrepancy" I saw. Too tired to read packages. Doesn't change the actual macros (because MFP agrees with the packaging), just a reminder of how physics works.

2/12/2018

giphy.gif

Ukemi like me

Food

Lunch-time: 5/20

Calories: 2303 / 2303

Protein: 113 / 113

Fiber: 47 / 47

Self-Care

Bench

45       5

60       5

70       5

80       5

96       2

87       3x5--5RM PR + 1!!

OHP

45       2x5

50       5

60       5

65       2

Monday was a day that happened. At least I don't have a migraine yet and I beat off headache attempts, so that's something. Was way slow getting out the door, but that's what happens when it's Shark Week AND you're pilling a cat. Bench felt better than last week this time, 96 seemed closer to 95 today than then, anyhow. 

You gotta love work days that end colder than they start--and rainy, to boot. We lost a coworker, about to lose another, and one is on the proverbial roof making threats. It's just me, three other peons, our manager, and the wolves now. And I am not actually funded under this department so technically it's a 4-man party because that is how we jam here. 

Aikido was knife takeaways and judo kinda snuck in the back door. Ude garami happened and by happened I mean we each got a turn figuring out that applying elbow to partner's sternum was NOT doing it right. Huh. You mean your elbow goes on the floor beside uke and not attempting to drill through their rib cage?? My partner was the overzealous little Sensei, so I didn't feel too bad about it because like I said we both did the technique wrong the exact same way in our confusion. Maybe we're learning something about connecting technique to sensation. I informed her that my elbow was tweaky from the morning (bench) and she did her best to not drag with that side as hard as the other lol. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

The protein blend by itself is something weird like 200-300 cals per serving IIRC? It's a lot of beany grainy things mixed in with other things, very very tasty and good for you! But not as tiny to eat as the ranch broccoli ones (my fave). Hmm, i should get this one again soon.

13 hours ago, ixaera said:

The protein blend by itself is something weird like 200-300 cals per serving IIRC? It's a lot of beany grainy things mixed in with other things, very very tasty and good for you! But not as tiny to eat as the ranch broccoli ones (my fave). Hmm, i should get this one again soon.

You are correct--it's 260 per serving, x 2 = 520. I'm not sure my stomach loves the grainy part so much, or something about it. And/or the yogurt. Bloat and such is happening. Ah well.

2/13/2018

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Current status

Food

Lunch-time: 6/20

Calories: 2529 / 2754

Protein: 131 / 149

Fiber: 42 / 38

Self-Care

Sugar macro is riding high, but I don't even care. How the bleep else are you supposed to get fiber around here and simultaneously cope with the insanity? It also has something to do with the fact that I made a new thing for dinner--ground chicken, fried eggs, and broccoli on rice smothered in miso sauce. The sauce is composed of

1/3 cup tamari

1/3 cup mirin

God only knows how much honey

1 Tbsp miso

Doubled the above and it worked out pretty well, I think. 

Woke up feeling hungover-ish--lightheaded and borderline headachy--or at least that's what I imagine hungover feels like. Missed my alarm by a good bit, did not gym. Debating the merits of making it up. Debating the merits of existing.

19 hours ago, Urgan said:

Sugar macro is riding high, but I don't even care. How the bleep else are you supposed to get fiber around here and simultaneously cope with the insanity? It also has something to do with the fact that I made a new thing for dinner--ground chicken, fried eggs, and broccoli on rice smothered in miso sauce. The sauce is composed of

1/3 cup tamari

1/3 cup mirin

God only knows how much honey

1 Tbsp miso

Doubled the above and it worked out pretty well, I think. 

yeah but that sounds feckin' amazin' so #worthit

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }