I am possibly becoming more attached to this show as I write about it and if I played the visual novel it'd totally be a game of 6 degrees to that screenshot. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

3/19/2018

giphy.gif

When you're trying to accomplish things, but Life be like LOL No

Food

Calories2764  / 2764

Protein 157/ 157

Fiber: 8 / 8

Aikido

Move Work Schedule: Y/N

To-Do

Update W4 to avoid big tax clusterfarkle

Schedule spark plug replacement I've been putting off because $$$$

Job hunt: 9/20

Bench

45         3

65         3

75         3

85         3

97         3--3RM PR + 1!!

87         3x3

OHP

45         3

50         3

55         3

65         3

70         3

60         3x6

Got the new 3RM of 97lb bench, got the new coworker, but.....it rained and we just had to panic about that and the city shut down. So the dojo closed for the day. Yeah, that's right. We closed up shop over rain. There was allegedly a THREAT of hail and/or tornadoes, but we got one thunderclap and some fat rain drops. And that was it. To say I was frustrated is an understatement--made worse by the fact that mom was trying to argue that the weatherman said that sunshine coming out in the late afternoon was a bad sign of possible impending doom and I just wasn't having it because NO STORM SYSTEM IN THE ENTIRE METROPOLITAN AREA. At no point were we in any danger. Sigh.

9 hours ago, Cataleya said:

If you're going to play Hakuoki it's probably worth playing one of the other ports like on 3DS where you actually get the complete game in one go. I don't understand why they released the game in two parts on Steam. Other than money, I mean.

Episodic releases are all about the Benjamins. It would help legitimize the decision if what you had to sell was deep immersive content that took up a lot of space, but that's rarely an issue now. 

• Like 3

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

9 hours ago, Cataleya said:

If you're going to play Hakuoki it's probably worth playing one of the other ports like on 3DS where you actually get the complete game in one go. I don't understand why they released the game in two parts on Steam. Other than money, I mean.

I'm mostly playing it to stream it on Twitch and cackle over it and save the videos for future LOLs, so at this point it's likely Steam or bust.  Boooo~

14 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Got the new 3RM of 97lb bench, got the new coworker, but.....it rained and we just had to panic about that and the city shut down. So the dojo closed for the day. Yeah, that's right. We closed up shop over rain. There was allegedly a THREAT of hail and/or tornadoes, but we got one thunderclap and some fat rain drops. And that was it. To say I was frustrated is an understatement--made worse by the fact that mom was trying to argue that the weatherman said that sunshine coming out in the late afternoon was a bad sign of possible impending doom and I just wasn't having it because NO STORM SYSTEM IN THE ENTIRE METROPOLITAN AREA. At no point were we in any danger. Sigh.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>:[[[[[[[[[

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

6 minutes ago, shaar said:

I'm mostly playing it to stream it on Twitch and cackle over it and save the videos for future LOLs, so at this point it's likely Steam or bust.  Boooo~

See, I thought that would be how it'd go down, but I went and looked it up and apparently it's basically a visual novel that doesn't suck according to several reviews? Presumably it does a better job of making historical connections than the anime. Overarching plot is the same in both. 

6 minutes ago, shaar said:

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>:[[[[[[[[[

The pain is real.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Urgan said:

Win some, lose some? That sucks that you didn't get to get out dojo on account of some crap weather, and that it wasn't even crap enough to warrant everyone else's response. Boooooo

3 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Win some, lose some? That sucks that you didn't get to get out dojo on account of some crap weather, and that it wasn't even crap enough to warrant everyone else's response. Boooooo

Yeah, pretty much. It was a bad day after a good morning.

3/20/2018

giphy.gif

Dear Tuesday

Food

Calories2635  / 2506

Protein 141/ 124

Fiber: 20 / 33

EtA: actual macros for today + averages. Forgot to do that. 

Aikido

Move Work Schedule: Y/N

To-Do

Job hunt: 10/20

A blah blah blah blech kind of day from start to finish. Woke up groggy and crappy and never got too far away from that sensation. Eating helps. We got a new coworker on Monday (barely saw her on Monday because HR and Weather OMG) and we did the ol' get to know one another thing. Otherwise, the day crawled on forever and ever. Then I went home, got a shower, and fell asleep until 8:30, winding down time should start by 9:15, and the dinner I'd wanted to make takes longer than that just to make, nevermind prepping for the next day. AGH. 

On 3/20/2018 at 9:28 AM, shaar said:

I mean it's not a bad game! Very beautiful men, even men that aren't really my type. Good variety of personalities, interesting historical context, supernatural elements, drama, good music, etc. So not the worst visual novel to play, really. Lots of replayability as well. Play with a guide if you want, or explore without.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Urgan said:

A blah blah blah blech kind of day from start to finish. Woke up groggy and crappy and never got too far away from that sensation. Eating helps. We got a new coworker on Monday (barely saw her on Monday because HR and Weather OMG) and we did the ol' get to know one another thing. Otherwise, the day crawled on forever and ever. Then I went home, got a shower, and fell asleep until 8:30, winding down time should start by 9:15, and the dinner I'd wanted to make takes longer than that just to make, nevermind prepping for the next day. AGH. 

This sounded suspiciously like my Tuesday 

Tuesdays are dumb and should GTFO

• Like 1

3/21/2018

giphy.gif

Not even sure what is happening

Food

Calories2629  / 2617

Protein 132/ 115

Fiber: 28 / 42

Aikido

Move Work Schedule: Not this month--Spring Break

To-Do

Job hunt: 11/20

Squat

45           3

120         3

145         3

173         3x3

Deadlift

140         3

155         3

185         3

195         3

166         6

This marks a 3lb 3RM morning PR for squat, it felt pretty okay. I've done 195lb deadlift triples a few times in the morning and have done more weight than that, but done in concert with heavy squats it's kind of a bigger deal that way, I guess? 

I finally did ever get my blue belt...just in time for Spring Break, so. Dojo is closed next week. Yay. 

Job hunting is sad right now. I am looking, but not so much anything out there right now.

17 hours ago, Kishi said:

Well, those days happen. But this one is done. It is over, and whatever badness it brought is only an echo. You're the one still making noise. :)

It kinda feels like parts of it are sticking around longer than others. 

14 hours ago, Cataleya said:

I mean it's not a bad game! Very beautiful men, even men that aren't really my type. Good variety of personalities, interesting historical context, supernatural elements, drama, good music, etc. So not the worst visual novel to play, really. Lots of replayability as well. Play with a guide if you want, or explore without.

it's tempting, especially to see how it diverges from the anime--ie, hopefully Chizuru actually does something other than stare wide-eyed and take up space while being female lol. 

12 hours ago, ixaera said:

This sounded suspiciously like my Tuesday 

Tuesdays are dumb and should GTFO

I say we ban all Tuesdays and Thursdays. 3 days on and 2 days off is more than fair.

• Like 2

Yay belt!!

Boo spring break. >:[

I'm all for banning the T days, I mean, with how crazy everything is lately we all totally deserve 3 on 2 off just for doing The Thing yeah???

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shaar said:

Boo spring break. >:[

...Damn kids.

3 minutes ago, shaar said:

I'm all for banning the T days, I mean, with how crazy everything is lately we all totally deserve 3 on 2 off just for doing The Thing yeah???

I might could actually manage life if that were the way lol.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Squat

45           3

120         3

145         3

173         3x3

Deadlift

140         3

155         3

185         3

195         3

166         6

This marks a 3lb 3RM morning PR for squat, it felt pretty okay. I've done 195lb deadlift triples a few times in the morning and have done more weight than that, but done in concert with heavy squats it's kind of a bigger deal that way, I guess? 

YOU ARE A BIG DEAL <3 all the lifting <3 morning PRs are still PRs

• Thanks 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

3/22/2018

giphy.gif

In a manner of speaking

Food

Calories2654  / 2731

Protein 123 / 98

Fiber: 29 / 32

Aikido

To-Do

Job hunt: 12/20

I did the thing and got the W4 update rolling. Technically I have not filled out the form yet, but based on verbal it's already in place so I'm calling that a victory. Fooding...not so much. I had an attack of the sneezy and sniffly most of the day that Alka-Seltzer barely BARELY controlled until such time as my body decided it was done throwing its tantrum and ready to full-scale rage by way of headache. I don't know if it was eye strain or sinus pressure or both, but it basically destroyed my will to live and definitely my will to cook. No question about the latter. It was a time. New coworker is a lysol-wielding self-confessed germaphobe, so you know. That was good. Luckily she "got" the notion of sinuses going haywire during massive 20 degree temperature fluxes, so I got out of being given the stink-eye on top of everything.

Oh, and a coworker left today--new job, God bless him, not being screwed over by this company...again?? He's actually left before, but it was because his contract was up on allegedly on a Friday but they booted him on a Wednesday? Then called him back later and re-contracted him?? I tell you what, when I do get a new job, I am gonna have some STORIES about this place, people. STORIES. Like you don't even know. I could tell you the one about all the bathrooms in this building and their serial dysfunction if you're interested in Tales of 70s Construction.

There was this thing where Programming was taking him out for a celebratory/congratulatory lunch and all of SQA got in on it because they love them some gross-ass food from That Mexican Place That Once Was A Chili's. My ex-boss emailed the entire planet the menu then emailed me specifically to let me know what two people had already told me that a - he's leaving and b - there's a lunch outing--and blah blah are you coming blah. Here's the thing, I refuse to go to this place if it is the gateway to Salvation itself but if I turned it down it is Socially Awkward especially since I like the guy who is leaving well enough. So I didn't say anything because anything I say would be wrong. I did give the guy a hat-tip to make sure he knew I knew and whatnot. He probably thinks I'm weird for not going to the CWOT soap box half hour news hour they hold twice weekly so certain people can flap their jaws at a captive audience and not going down into the department at all ever, but that's okay. "I hate everybody down there except you" is kinda weird and awkward, too. But accurate. Now it's a lot simpler--I hate everybody down there now! Whee! (Actually I don't know a few of them, they were contracted after I left that area, and my downstairs boss is laissez faire AF when it comes to us upstairs. Except that one guy who insists on putting his mark on my stories for God only knows why. That guy can stop that right now or any time he likes.) 

So yeah. outside of the gym, It's been A Week, guys.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Inside the gym may have been good because it's been A Week. Lifting is weird that way.

But either way, you get to catch a breather for a bit now. :)

Hormones also have a lot to do with it, darn things. We're on the upswing ATM. Is it too much to hope for a predictable pattern??

Lord have mercy your work updates.  HOOOO BOY.  F- to gross ex-Chilis Mexican food, the rest of y'all go enjoy that~

20 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Hormones also have a lot to do with it, darn things. We're on the upswing ATM. Is it too much to hope for a predictable pattern??

Yeah, yeah I think it is, CHAOS REIGNS ;___;

• Like 1

3/23/2018 - 3/25/2018

giphy.gif

What happened over the weekend, you ask?

Food

Calories2604  / 2778, 2489, 2343

Protein 116 / 107, 112, 102

Fiber: 29 / 20, 12, 53

Aikido

To-Do

Schedule spark plug replacement I've been putting off because $$$$ - talked to Mike about 3/29

Job hunt: 13/20

Friday

OHP

45         3

50         3

55         3

65         3

70         3x3

66         3

Bench

45         3

65         3

75         3

85         3

92         3

78         3x6

Saturday

Squat

45           3

120         3

140         3

155         3

182         3x3--3RM PR + 2!!

Deadlift

140         3

155         3

175         3

205         3x3

185         3

Reconstructing the end of this week via MFP for the postmortem on this week in 3, 2, 1...

Friday was the last day of our first "real" sprint, I guess, and I hit all the tickets that came my way, so I call it a success at keeping the eye of Sauron away from me. Had tamales, rice, and refried beans as leftovers from Thursday's dinner. Was too full to get enough fiber from other sources. 

I frankly don't remember too much of Saturday and Sunday worth mentioning that the numbers above don't say. I walked into Dick's Sporting Goods with a gift card and didn't buy anything?

• Like 1

3/26/2018

giphy.gif

With like, a blowtorch

Food

Calories2437  / 2437

Protein151 / 151

Fiber: 85 / 85

To-Do

Schedule spark plug replacement I've been putting off because $$$$ - confirmed 3/29 is a go

Job hunt: 14/20

Bench

45         5

60         5

70         5

80         5

97         2

87.5      3x5

OHP

45         2x5

50         5

60         5

66         2

60         2x5

60         6

No PRs, just putting in some work. 

Started off the morning with a headache due to the glories of having almost-prescription contact lenses that my eyes have slowly decided aren't good enough since mid-last week. It didn't get better and in fact got worse. Called optometrist and got the joy of learning my prescription is out of their on-hand stock, my astigmatism is so bad. They only have a sample for ONE of my eyes in, the other one might be floating out in space for all we know. And this sample is the same new untried brand as the almost-prescription ones that I've been trying to make work, so I am SUPER optimistic when I finally get my prescription that NOTHING is going to go wrong them them. AT ALL.

Got the stuff on my plate off of it and left to work from home where I could take the unhelpful POS contacts out. I have the luxury of choosing between my old, old contacts and ancient glasses that I use around the house during winding-down time. Happily nothing else came down so I was able to chill. Headache never completely went away, but you know. Why would it?

Got W4 form turned around, so done with that.

On 3/23/2018 at 3:35 PM, shaar said:

Lord have mercy your work updates.  HOOOO BOY.  F- to gross ex-Chilis Mexican food, the rest of y'all go enjoy that~

Well, that does put things into perspective.

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

tenor.gif

It's been that kind of week and it's only Tuesday.

• Like 1

In my fit of angst, I forgot to mention I finished Season 1 of Hakuoki. That's about as far as I presently want to go, because I know where it's going and I'm sorta fine leaving it where it ended. Maybe it's the predictable interpersonal plot that for Spoilers I will not mention, maybe it's the time period this historical fiction is set in that is going to do me a sad. Maybe it's finding Rurouni Kenshin and Peacemaker on Crunchyroll and finishing Touken Ranbu Hanamaru (season 1, not to be confused with Katsugeki Touken Ranbu, which apparently is actually an action show with the same characters and I am SO queuing it) that puts a fine point on that whole end of swords and samurai thing. Which is stupid because IRL samurai were often not great and noble as advertised and real life is messy and all that great shit. Feelings are messy, too.

But roll that back. Touken Ranbu. You want to rot your teeth out? Watch this show, any part of this show because it's basically cute boys doing cute things and I CHALLENGE you to remember the names of all 40-odd characters in the cast. Even if you like your teeth, watch episode 3. It's the trading quest from Zelda OoT done by pretty boys for the first half of the episode and wow. Just wow. This is the Fumoffu to Katsugeki's Full Metal Panic!, is the best analogy I have. Only inside the cottony fluffball of sword warriors trying to human is random tidbits of sword information. The most random way to acquire tiny pieces of historical and weapons context knowledge EVER and I do not regret any of it.

Note: every single character in this story is male. Even that one on the top left. They manage to make a reverse harem and clip out the girl from the picture entirely. It's kind of amazing.

10527824_10205469228522119_5387307927175

• Like 3