2 hours ago, Urgan said:

Started off the morning with a headache due to the glories of having almost-prescription contact lenses that my eyes have slowly decided aren't good enough since mid-last week. It didn't get better and in fact got worse. Called optometrist and got the joy of learning my prescription is out of their on-hand stock, my astigmatism is so bad. They only have a sample for ONE of my eyes in, the other one might be floating out in space for all we know. And this sample is the same new untried brand as the almost-prescription ones that I've been trying to make work, so I am SUPER optimistic when I finally get my prescription that NOTHING is going to go wrong them them. AT ALL.

Got the stuff on my plate off of it and left to work from home where I could take the unhelpful POS contacts out. I have the luxury of choosing between my old, old contacts and ancient glasses that I use around the house during winding-down time. Happily nothing else came down so I was able to chill. Headache never completely went away, but you know. Why would it?

UGH of course right? Doesn't it always happen that way?

This reminds me I should make optometrist appointment.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

4 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

UGH of course right? Doesn't it always happen that way?

This reminds me I should make optometrist appointment.

At first it was like "Oh, I'll get an eye appointment, everything will be fine I'll get new contacts and not hurt!"

giphy.gif

But then it was all like:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

Note: every single character in this story is male. Even that one on the top left. They manage to make a reverse harem and clip out the girl from the picture entirely. It's kind of amazing.

Well, that just feels icky. It's not like the reverse harem is just hanging out for their health, so why not let the woman be front and center?

1 minute ago, Kishi said:

Well, that just feels icky. It's not like the reverse harem is just hanging out for their health, so why not let the woman be front and center?

You never ever see or hear her, but she exists as kind of royalty/deity rather than a rom-com love interest. Technically they're servants, if there's another sub-genre for that I don't know what it's called. Maybe "cute boys doing cute things" is a more accurate generalization since while there's vague gesturing at the fact they were summoned into existence to protect history from being rewritten, it's almost totally devoted to slice-of-life stuff. 

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

3 hours ago, Urgan said:

In my fit of angst, I forgot to mention I finished Season 1 of Hakuoki. That's about as far as I presently want to go, because I know where it's going and I'm sorta fine leaving it where it ended. Maybe it's the predictable interpersonal plot that for Spoilers I will not mention, maybe it's the time period this historical fiction is set in that is going to do me a sad. Maybe it's finding Rurouni Kenshin and Peacemaker on Crunchyroll and finishing Touken Ranbu Hanamaru (season 1, not to be confused with Katsugeki Touken Ranbu, which apparently is actually an action show with the same characters and I am SO queuing it) that puts a fine point on that whole end of swords and samurai thing. Which is stupid because IRL samurai were often not great and noble as advertised and real life is messy and all that great shit. Feelings are messy, too.

In my mind the Rurouni Kenshin anime ends after the Kyoto arc, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.  Any episodes after that (barring OVAs) are just drawn out and out of place to me.  

TL;DR, I know That Feel of This Anime is Done Now.

Is Kenshin subtitled on Crunchyroll?!!?!!  Everywhere I've looked I've only found it dubbed and it makes me want to commit an honorable ol'-style seppuku.  I -do- have to reup my CR subscription for the upcoming Persona anime...............

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

2 minutes ago, shaar said:

In my mind the Rurouni Kenshin anime ends after the Kyoto arc, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.  Any episodes after that (barring OVAs) are just drawn out and out of place to me.  

TL;DR, I know That Feel of This Anime is Done Now.

Interesting. You will probably hear my opinion on this should I make it far enough back into RK to matter. I shall try.

3 minutes ago, shaar said:

Is Kenshin subtitled on Crunchyroll?!!?!!  Everywhere I've looked I've only found it dubbed and it makes me want to commit an honorable ol'-style seppuku.  I -do- have to reup my CR subscription for the upcoming Persona anime...............

They do indeed. 

39 minutes ago, Urgan said:

You never ever see or hear her, but she exists as kind of royalty/deity rather than a rom-com love interest. Technically they're servants, if there's another sub-genre for that I don't know what it's called. Maybe "cute boys doing cute things" is a more accurate generalization since while there's vague gesturing at the fact they were summoned into existence to protect history from being rewritten, it's almost totally devoted to slice-of-life stuff.

Collectibles, maybe? I seem to recall that this anime is an adaptation of a mobile game in Japan. Although I'd be interested in your take on Katsugeki, as we actually do see the Master and it's apparently a He; I never got any inkling that this was a harem show beyond the fact that all the male characters are absurdly pretty and fit in along a bunch of aesthetic lines...

Just now, Kishi said:

Collectibles, maybe? I seem to recall that this anime is an adaptation of a mobile game in Japan. Although I'd be interested in your take on Katsugeki, as we actually do see the Master and it's apparently a He; I never got any inkling that this was a harem show beyond the fact that all the male characters are absurdly pretty and fit in along a bunch of aesthetic lines...

Yeah, it's one of those. The Master is referred to by neutral pronouns so I interpreted based on some of the happenings and goings-on since it amused me how far they wanted to remove the Master from having any form whatsoever, but yeah since the character actually plays a role in the more action-y version, you do kinda have to come down on some side of that fence. At any rate, if you are looking for something to giggle at and occasionally squeal over (which I know you are), then I can definitely recommend Hanamaru. I get the strong impression that Katsugeki is nothing like it aside from character designs and general premise. Although if we see one of them drive a tractor to avoid the manual labor of tending a field or launch an effort to try to make a cherry tree bloom, I will not complain. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Urgan said:

In my fit of angst, I forgot to mention I finished Season 1 of Hakuoki. That's about as far as I presently want to go, because I know where it's going and I'm sorta fine leaving it where it ended. Maybe it's the predictable interpersonal plot that for Spoilers I will not mention, maybe it's the time period this historical fiction is set in that is going to do me a sad. Maybe it's finding Rurouni Kenshin and Peacemaker on Crunchyroll and finishing Touken Ranbu Hanamaru (season 1, not to be confused with Katsugeki Touken Ranbu, which apparently is actually an action show with the same characters and I am SO queuing it) that puts a fine point on that whole end of swords and samurai thing. Which is stupid because IRL samurai were often not great and noble as advertised and real life is messy and all that great shit. Feelings are messy, too.

But roll that back. Touken Ranbu. You want to rot your teeth out? Watch this show, any part of this show because it's basically cute boys doing cute things and I CHALLENGE you to remember the names of all 40-odd characters in the cast. Even if you like your teeth, watch episode 3. It's the trading quest from Zelda OoT done by pretty boys for the first half of the episode and wow. Just wow. This is the Fumoffu to Katsugeki's Full Metal Panic!, is the best analogy I have. Only inside the cottony fluffball of sword warriors trying to human is random tidbits of sword information. The most random way to acquire tiny pieces of historical and weapons context knowledge EVER and I do not regret any of it.

Note: every single character in this story is male. Even that one on the top left. They manage to make a reverse harem and clip out the girl from the picture entirely. It's kind of amazing.

10527824_10205469228522119_5387307927175

Anything that gets compared to Fumoffu probably needs to be watched by me. Also I keep checking to see if they finally have a specific release date for Invisible Victory other than "April" and I'm dying over here

• Like 1
On 3/27/2018 at 10:05 AM, Urgan said:

Called optometrist and got the joy of learning my prescription is out of their on-hand stock, my astigmatism is so bad. They only have a sample for ONE of my eyes in, the other one might be floating out in space for all we know.

Hi and welcome to the terrible heckin' eyesight club! Here we have fun games like "I hope they have my Rx contacts in stock and I don't have to wait 3 weeks for the backorder again! haha!" my favorite game

And the other one "here is your glasses bill"

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ixaera said:

Hi and welcome to the terrible heckin' eyesight club! Here we have fun games like "I hope they have my Rx contacts in stock and I don't have to wait 3 weeks for the backorder again! haha!" my favorite game

And the other one "here is your glasses bill"

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3/27/2018 + 3/28/2018

giphy.gif

That post-party-hard morning feel, but without the party

Food

Calories2343  / 2391, 2200

Protein131 / 120, 122

Fiber: 42 / 28, 13

To-Do

Schedule spark plug replacement I've been putting off because $$$$ Car is in the shop as of writing this. Pray for my wallet.

Job hunt: 15/20

Tuesday was just awful. Nothing to do + slowly worsening headache =

giphy.gif

Wednesday was gym.

Squat

45           5

120         5

140         5

155         5

165         2

140         5

Deadlift

135         5

145         5

165         5

185         2

166         2x5

DB Sumo Deadlift - 105lb x 3

The last was a bit of silliness I got in my head to do after my session was over. Actually I got the idea on Monday but was too close to out of time to make happen then. I can grip this dumbbell with both hands where only one was intended and did so for the lulz, because SUMO. Thank God for nearly deserted gym.

Worked from home and it was glorious.

22 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Anything that gets compared to Fumoffu probably needs to be watched by me. Also I keep checking to see if they finally have a specific release date for Invisible Victory other than "April" and I'm dying over here

It is not deep in the slightest. In fact, it is the opposite of deep. However, if you liked Hakuoki you will at least be amused since the two shows are at least in a small way pulling from the same time periods. They really are strange watched back to back. I think there might be a bit of a feels transfer, you know??

• Like 1

Just now, ixaera said:

My favorite

Particularly when you're about to do stupid with a dumbbell that is your bench 1RM. Awk-ward.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

DB Sumo Deadlift - 105lb x 3

The last was a bit of silliness I got in my head to do after my session was over. Actually I got the idea on Monday but was too close to out of time to make happen then. I can grip this dumbbell with both hands where only one was intended and did so for the lulz, because SUMO. Thank God for nearly deserted gym.

I actually don't think this is silly at all but the folks in your gym may not be as even keel as I am. ;)

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

5 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I actually don't think this is silly at all but the folks in your gym may not be as even keel as I am. ;)

It's only actually useful if you want thigh bruises and I played up the ridiculousness by hardcore resetting after each rep even though....yeah.

• Haha 1

3/29/2018

giphy.gif

Science needs to get on making this possible

Food

Calories2429  / 2685

Protein119 / 84

Fiber: 38 / 25

To-Do

Schedule spark plug replacement I've been putting off because $$$$ 

Job hunt: 15/20

Spark plugs were replaced. At 30% the cost Mike projected, which is the best thing ever and I am flabbergasted I drove around with less than V8 power all that time thinking this was going to cost a fortune. AGH. It rained today and streets were flooded in spots. I bought premade Trader Joe's dinners because this week I have hit an all-time low for my stock of GAF and that protein is just SAD. I'm going to need to figure out how to get back to baseline in April. Plz. Really. Because I am failing myself and everyone else at this rate.

17 hours ago, Mistr said:

Catching up. Congratulations on getting your blue belt and making all the PRs!

Your work sounds hellish. I hope something completely different opens up for you.

The anime looks like fun. Good thing I don't have easy access to another attractive time sink. ;)

Thanks, I almost forgot I'd done that because SPRING BREAK WHY. Lol.

I am slightly obsessed with samurai right now. Just slightly. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Spark plugs were replaced. At 30% the cost Mike projected, which is the best thing ever and I am flabbergasted I drove around with less than V8 power all that time thinking this was going to cost a fortune. AGH

I need to get mine checked/done too. I feel like my car is starting to have the symptoms and I'm dreading the cost. :ambivalence:

49 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I need to get mine checked/done too. I feel like my car is starting to have the symptoms and I'm dreading the cost. :ambivalence:

I have the benefit of the shop being family (and my husband has the know-how go out and pick out the spark plugs himself, chopping the upfront cost in half) so that had a lot to do with it, but even so the big number was his estimate! Go figure. I guess I'll take it. It IS worth it, though. You need your car.

• Like 1

3/30/2018 - 4/1/2018

giphy.gif

S

Food

Calories2395  / 2370, 2513, 2165

Protein113 / 84, 116, 115

Fiber: 31 / 21, 15, 30

To-Do

Schedule spark plug replacement I've been putting off because $$$$ 

Job hunt: 16/20

Friday

OHP

45         2x5

50         5

60         5

70         2

66.5      3x5

Bench

45         5

60         5

70         5

80         5

88         2

78      3x5

Saturday

Squat

45           5

115         5

140         5

150         5

173         2

164         3x5--3RM PR + 1!!

Deadlift

135         5

150         5

165         5

195         2

185         3x5

Does upper body workout, gets sore hamstrings. Paging troll face.

Does lower body workout...gets sore everything. Still can't walk right.

It takes some skill to eat 2500 calories and only manage 84g protein, I have to say. This happened due to a combination of lunch being reeeeeeally low in protein and having to drive across town in the middle of the day and as a direct result desire to eat vs desire to sleep was not in the favor of macros happening. Got a smoothie and can't choose one of the protein options because #guttroll 

Saturday was gym and not much else. I found some shorts to finally start taking advantage of the not-totally-cold days. 

Sunday we went out for steak. I came back home and cycled laundry while cycling myself back to bed after I did some very, VERY minor decluttering of a table that has had junk on it for oh, months. Cat cuddling went down. You have to love a cat that lets you hold it like a stuffed animal. Harley ended up rolling 180 degrees in the pursuit of greater laziness. When I got up, he spread out like a liquid. You are winning when you have physical contact with three cats at the same time and nobody is hitting anybody else.

Job hunting is crap right now. I have gotten two rejections and a couple of apps are floating in space exploring new horizons for all I know. I'm choosing to not get angry about this, because for all the good that will do and if I am supposed to fly this coop, a viable job posting will happen.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Saturday was gym and not much else. I found some shorts to finally start taking advantage of the not-totally-cold days. 

I kind of had that thought this weekend. I almost looked into getting some better fitting leggings and remembered it's actually about to be capri weather so I should just wait. Do you gym in shorts in the summer or do you mean for regular wear?

44 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Job hunting is crap right now. I have gotten two rejections and a couple of apps are floating in space exploring new horizons for all I know. I'm choosing to not get angry about this, because for all the good that will do and if I am supposed to fly this coop, a viable job posting will happen.

It definitely takes a LOT of applications to land a job these days and it is super frustrating and job interviewing feels like some kind of weird performance art. Keep on keepin' on. I tend to agree with you, the right job will rise to the top.

April 2018 Goals

giphy.gif

Now I wonder how my cats would react to eggs

It's been a full month sans BC and the world did not in fact end. Headaches continued--working theory is it was due to a combination of low work load induced posture issues and worn out contacts (theory to be tested). I got my blue belt, hit a 200lb squat again, and have been working from home to compensate for the work dry spell. My work schedule is about to shift and I am hoping it will give me more time to do gym things, which will be handy for whenever my current program stops working. We're closing in on a year of my heavily modded 5/3/1 programming and it shows no sign of coming to a halt.

Food

Confession. I need to back up on SOMETHING. I'm not sure precisely sure whether it's fiber content, occasional dalliances with things that might/definitely contain wheat, or a wee bit too much kombucha. Time to cut this crap out. Or something. I haven't intended to regularly bomb myself out with wheat just 'cuz. What happened, I believe, is my efforts to find not garbage shortcut meals fell afoul of added wheat and I failed to verify this because those deli labels are no fun to read. Do you know how hard it is to get food you did not cook that does not have wheat and is not a hot dog without the bun and fries?? Which is at best 20g of protein, so no.

The first week of April will be devoted to making sure no matter how crummy I feel, I will not fall to stuff that might very well be perpetuating the crummy feeling.

The second week of April will be dialing back fiber by a few grams--I still value fiber, I just want to make sure I am not getting Too Much

Finally I will make the hard choice of reducing kombucha intake (I am actually addicted).

These things will stack until I have achieved balance in the Force. For the time being, I will continue to track fiber for the datas. 

No gluten0/28

Fiber: 0

Aikido

I can has blue belt. I am rising to the advanced class starting this month. Time to do that thing I do.

Obtain techniques CD?

Practice: 0/8

Cleaning

I have been doing a very poor job of housekeeping. Really. Really poor. Just...just clean something already. One thing per room this month--something even a weekend slug like me can do.

Bathroom

Bedroom

Living Room

Kitchen

Weekly Debriefs:

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

• Like 1

I also feel obliged to note the anime that was seen this weekend after a week of not much anime.

I am nearly done with A Place Further than the Universe (caught up to episode 12)--if you have not seen it yet, drop everything and do that right now. RIGHT. NOW. It's not got any samurai and barely any men at all. 

Not so classic is Gugure! Kokkuri-san. It is a testament to something and that something is my fixation with fox gods that I watched any of this show. Good. Grief. Not quite sure I'm down with pedophilia jokes, well actually I am definitely not down with that. So I can't actually recommend this show outside of episodes 1 (before the offending characters show up) and 9 (said characters are absent and it was actually kinda cute), considering I only watched a few more episodes than that and I kind of want those minutes back. In fact yeah, watch those two maybe and then call it a day if you too are amused by the premise of fox spirits foster-parenting haunting lonely but barely sympathetic little girls because he really doesn't have anything better to do since she's pretty much the only one who believes in him at this point. 

20 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I kind of had that thought this weekend. I almost looked into getting some better fitting leggings and remembered it's actually about to be capri weather so I should just wait. Do you gym in shorts in the summer or do you mean for regular wear?

It definitely takes a LOT of applications to land a job these days and it is super frustrating and job interviewing feels like some kind of weird performance art. Keep on keepin' on. I tend to agree with you, the right job will rise to the top.

Oh this is for gymming. I SHOULD own outside-the-gym shorts, given where I live, but I don't lol. Shopping for pants is enough to put me off shopping for bottoms for the rest of the year.

The sad thing is I'd rather just work here and this is all just a charade to try to leverage that in the end. I'm not sure if the guy who left tried to do this and failed or if he just wanted out.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2018 at 12:03 PM, Urgan said:

I am slightly obsessed with samurai right now. Just slightly. 

JUST SLIGHTLY

I'm working on catching up with Hakuoki season 1 just to the point where I'm at in the game so I don't spoil myself; with the exception of a few Choose Your Own Interaction moments, it's super similar.  Eek.

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

Finally I will make the hard choice of reducing kombucha intake (I am actually addicted).

RIGHT?!!?!?!  I never thought this would happen to me but suddenly hey I'm brewing my own kombucha continuously in my kitchen (not currently, last year) and.... phew.  It's good.  There is a kombucha brewery here I've been meaning to check out, someday, when I'm less lazy.  IT GOOD

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

I SHOULD own outside-the-gym shorts, given where I live, but I don't lol. Shopping for pants is enough to put me off shopping for bottoms for the rest of the year.

Yeah no.... nah..... nah totally don't need to no thanks.  I think I have.  2-3 pairs of non-athletic shorts?  Maybe?  Like if I want to go somewhere "nice" that isn't the grocery store or something, I guess, bleh.

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65