2 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Health insurance woes make me want to slap the entirety of this country. Get it together America.

e24.png

I'm more than willing to pay, the real trick is finding a dang place that will LET YOU DO SO. 

acb.jpg

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

34 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Health insurance woes make me want to slap the entirety of this country. Get it together America.

e24.png

Hooo boy as someone who works in healthcare THIS SO FRICKIN' MUCH *BANGS A GONG OVER AND OVER 'CAUSE IT'S TRUE*

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

TFW you briefly contemplate applying for that Sr QA position and posting a Touken Ranbu Hanamaru screenshot where one would normally put a resume....I mean, my chances are just as good either way....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 4

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

48 minutes ago, Urgan said:

TFW you briefly contemplate applying for that Sr QA position and posting a Touken Ranbu Hanamaru screenshot where one would normally put a resume....I mean, my chances are just as good either way....

There is only one right answer to this conundrum and I think you already know what it is in your heart of hearts.

38180cadfcc55dd00f36d63309fc8d9b1a39fab5

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, shaar said:

There is only one right answer to this conundrum and I think you already know what it is in your heart of hearts.

38180cadfcc55dd00f36d63309fc8d9b1a39fab5

It sure as hell would be Memorable to have something like This pop up: 

Touken%20Ranbu%20Hanamaru%20-%20OP%20-%2

....Yup.

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2018 at 9:33 AM, shaar said:

This sounds like a WoW quest chain I did once.............

This was a very long time ago.  It has been a very long time.  Hi!!!

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

What did I just step into?

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

2 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

HI.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

What did I just step into?

Non-emergency sinus surgery for husband would run ~$8,000 out of pocket. So basically #nope

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

HI!!!!!!!!!!

Guess who is playing World of Warcraft again?????

:panda: 

24 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Non-emergency sinus surgery for husband would run ~$8,000 out of pocket. So basically #nope

tenor.gif?itemid=4733209

• Like 3

4/18/2018 + 4/19/2018

giphy.gif

Weekday feels

Food

No gluten: 13*****/28

Fiber: 24 / 25,17

Days Since Last Incident: 2

* = days I visited Panda Express

Aikido

Obtain techniques CD

Practice: 1/8

I sorta thought about gokyo?? Ripped the technique CD onto my computer so that eventually we'll be getting somewhere.....

Cleaning

Bathroom - 2

Bedroom - 2

Living Room - 2

Kitchen - 1

Squat

45           3

120         3

150         3

155         3

175         3x3

Deadlift

140         3

160         3

190         3

198         3

185         3x3

Wednesday I lifted consistent to my program on squat, but dialed up the intensity and down on volume for deadlift backoffs. Felt strong on these, squats felt a little less like garbage vs last cycle. I will be interested to see what happens with deadlifts on Saturday (207 3x3). At aikido we did two hands on one nikyo (I forget the actual Japanese name, oh well), which has an underhand and overhand, left and right, and irimi and tenkan variants. OMG. After I got the idea down, I basically just drilled how to start each because TOO MANY VERSIONS GOOD GRIEF. Got my jo so now I have one of those. No idea what to do with it yet lol.

Thursday I stayed home and was a slug. The End.

On 4/18/2018 at 4:09 PM, Mistr said:

That sucks. I hope your job hunt pays off with a decent position that has heath insurance.

Unfortunately the market for my job is abysmal, I cannot get hired as a programmer if my life actually depended on it (and that I'm not able to marries well with the fact that I'm not willing to lie my way into a position anyway, so....), and I will not talk to clients because #notaboutthatlife #honestykills #AA So that eliminates 99.2% of jobs in this sector lol. I reeeeally actually like my job, like honest to Pete I do not hate the work and don't really wanna swap into work I do hate to escape contractism where I do not mind the work and proximate humans. In my limited experience this is purple unicorn rare.

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

At aikido we did two hands on one nikyo (I forget the actual Japanese name, oh well), which has an underhand and overhand, left and right, and irimi and tenkan variants. OMG. After I got the idea down, I basically just drilled how to start each because TOO MANY VERSIONS GOOD GRIEF. Got my jo so now I have one of those. No idea what to do with it yet lol.

The name you are looking for is morotetori. Yep, all the variations. 

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Unfortunately the market for my job is abysmal, I cannot get hired as a programmer if my life actually depended on it (and that I'm not able to marries well with the fact that I'm not willing to lie my way into a position anyway, so....), and I will not talk to clients because #notaboutthatlife #honestykills #AA So that eliminates 99.2% of jobs in this sector lol. I reeeeally actually like my job, like honest to Pete I do not hate the work and don't really wanna swap into work I do hate to escape contractism where I do not mind the work and proximate humans. In my limited experience this is purple unicorn rare.

I understand your conviction to stay with your strong skills and not do things you hate. Could you work remotely for a company headquartered somewhere else?  It doesn't sound like your work requires much team interaction. (Assuming that you have good reasons for not relocating)

• Like 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

4/20/2018 - 4/22/2018

giphy.gif

Which side am I on again?

Food

No gluten: 13******/28

Fiber: 21 / 31, 12, 13

Days Since Last Incident: 0,0,1

Aikido

Obtain techniques CD

This is not going to happen until I properly label the technique videos I ripped off the CD, is it?

Cleaning

Bathroom - 2

Bedroom - 2

Living Room - 3

Rolled the couch for cat hair

Kitchen - 1

So uh....this weekend. 

Friday

OHP

45         3

50         3

55         3

65         3

70         6x3

Bench

45         3

65         3

75         3

85         3

93         3

79         6x3

Put in the work, ate all the things when our department went out for a late lunch. Had alllll of the gas. All of it. Probably could have used it for transportation and gotten home sooner than the rush hour-ish nightmare that was 3PM traffic. I did not at any point purposefully/knowingly consume wheat, but it was a cafeteria-style deal we ate at, so who knows how much cross-contamination happened. Beans were eaten, but I have eaten larger quantities before with no ill effects so I am reluctant to blame that. Purchased meatballs for dinner, more gas.  

Saturday

Squat

45           3

120         3

140         3

160         3

185         2x3

188         3--3RM PR + 3, 2RM PR + .5!!

Deadlift

140         3

160         3

185         3

207         2x3

212.5      3

215         3

220         2x3 --3RM PR + 10, 2RM PR + 7.5!!

This day was pretty crazy. First up was kombucha, then after a little while lion loops + coconut milk, followed by complete Anarchy. Then my bowels were never heard from again this day. 

I may have killed it in the gym. There were reports of weights slain. There may have been a guy who admitted he couldn't pull 215lbs (color me not shocked). That 2x3 for 220 was because I realized after I did it that I had forgotten to record the dang thing, so I did what every sensible red-blooded lifter would do and pulled it again because f no I'm not leaving without proof. Probably could have done a third set, but my CNS was begging for mercy and noms.

Sunday

Other than the usual laundry + dinner, I wrote a LOT in my outline. Pity I just decided on the trip to work this morning that I need to rip out most of it in favor of structure that makes more sense, but you know. I tried.

It rained a lot and the day did not last nearly as long as I felt I deserved.

No bowel nothing today, seeing as how it was in shock from Saturday. Takes a day to get its shit together after that, you know? And of course I decided to go ahead and eat meatballs for lunch and pulled beef + broccolis for dinner, knowing full well that the former was a bad choice but I just can't stand the idea of wasting the food.

I'm going to have to 'fess up. I did not want to find out that the meatballs had breadcrumbs in them, but they do. And I bought two batches of them and ate both, because meatballs too good. I faced facts AFTER making the purchase, so the Anarchy that hit this morning came as no surprise. I can't have any pre-prepared food, guys. If it doesn't have forbidden dairy, it's got wheat. Stupid choices like this plus a surplus of caffeine and other digestive aids probably don't go well together (I have reduced my kombucha intake to at most 8oz daily and believe it has helped a bit). It's all a matter of what I'm going to have to give up or reshuffle in my day to try to separate things a bit. This must be what "just not eating" feels like to people on a cut. I want my kombucha, my preworkout, AND my chocolate-covered espresso beans damnit. Of course it would come to this will a full jar of the latter staring me in the face...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Takes a day to get its shit together after that, you know?

Kekekeke I see what you did there~

8 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I'm going to have to 'fess up. I did not want to find out that the meatballs had breadcrumbs in them, but they do. And I bought two batches of them and ate both, because meatballs too good. I faced facts AFTER making the purchase, so the Anarchy that hit this morning came as no surprise. I can't have any pre-prepared food, guys. If it doesn't have forbidden dairy, it's got wheat. Stupid choices like this plus a surplus of caffeine and other digestive aids probably don't go well together (I have reduced my kombucha intake to at most 8oz daily and believe it has helped a bit). It's all a matter of what I'm going to have to give up or reshuffle in my day to try to separate things a bit. This must be what "just not eating" feels like to people on a cut. I want my kombucha, my preworkout, AND my chocolate-covered espresso beans damnit. Of course it would come to this will a full jar of the latter staring me in the face...

Oh lord.  I wish there was a sympathy card for this.... 'cause the struggle is really real.  On the one hand, yay conclusive research, but on the other hand.... ffffuuuuuuuu......

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 11:19 AM, Mistr said:

The name you are looking for is morotetori. Yep, all the variations. 

I'll buy that for a dollar. Sure wish I felt confident I remembered them. Oh well, grab one wrist and hope for the best, right??

On 4/20/2018 at 11:19 AM, Mistr said:

I understand your conviction to stay with your strong skills and not do things you hate. Could you work remotely for a company headquartered somewhere else?  It doesn't sound like your work requires much team interaction. (Assuming that you have good reasons for not relocating)

Yeah, husband has been working at the same place for 16-17 years now and it's the best car restoration business in the southeast, competitive with any in the country. Literally. They entered the Detroit Autorama and took a prize the first time they've been (I think it was the first time...). Not top spot, but the show is more custom car oriented and this shop is more classic focused, so an uphill battle is to be expected. The Ridler is the highest award a car can win in the US, I am told, and it is given out there.

That and my mom might die on the spot if I told her we were moving out of state. I could conceivably work remotely with a better setup (laptop life = no), the trick would be finding job openings to apply for. And figuring out how to interview for that....I've done phone interviews plenty, even recorded myself in video responding to questions UGH frightening.

1 minute ago, shaar said:

Oh lord.  I wish there was a sympathy card for this.... 'cause the struggle is really real.  On the one hand, yay conclusive research, but on the other hand.... ffffuuuuuuuu......

Now you know why I love Panda Express so much. I can eat it and not die. 

10 hours ago, Urgan said:

I may have killed it in the gym. There were reports of weights slain. There may have been a guy who admitted he couldn't pull 215lbs (color me not shocked). That 2x3 for 220 was because I realized after I did it that I had forgotten to record the dang thing, so I did what every sensible red-blooded lifter would do and pulled it again because f no I'm not leaving without proof. Probably could have done a third set, but my CNS was begging for mercy and noms.

No one can use that gym anymore because all the weights were MURDERED and are now ded

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4/23/2018

giphy.gif

In Search of a Clue

Food

No gluten: 14******/28

Fiber: 16 / 16

Days Since Last Incident: 0

Aikido

Obtain techniques CD

Cleaning

Bathroom - 2

Bedroom - 2

Living Room - 3

Kitchen - 1

Bench

45         5

60         5

70         5

80         5

97         2

88         3x5

OHP

45         2x5

55         5

60         5

67         2x2

60         5

62.5     5

65         2x5

This is what you call lifting until you run out of minutes. Amazing what happens when you get your ass out of bed within 15 minutes of the target time. I basically farted around with OHP for 40-odd minutes and felt a level-up in my ability to do the warm-up push-ups in the dojo. I hate pushups, an utter CWOT, but the intention is to elevate heart rate and literally warm us, so there you go. At least if I have to do them, I might as well not be sitting there sucking wind while Sensei is demoing technique (distracting) just because of that and shiko.

Half the class dreads it, but not me because I am packing two layers of pants and QUADS. Traveling across the mat is NBD. 

Miraculously, I was not in pain all day long for the first time in weeks and weeks (aside from a weensy bit of tightness directly post-training session GASP). I have spent several days being particularly meticulous about sleeping arrangements, I got new contact lenses (that are not itching or pissing off my eyes...), and remembered that lacrosse balls exist. So that happened.

While at work, I ate a few espresso beans in the afternoon, 7 hours separated from preworkout and kombucha. Gas. Immediate (defined as <15 minutes) regret. It would have been better to buy a bag of M&Ms. SIGH.

Aikido was all about ushiro hijidori (?) kotegaeshi, or this:

(Work reenabled Youtube, guys)

There were three blue belts in my group, so we did the old triangle. One of them had sciatica AND poison ivy on her arms (she'd made effort to cover the sites with bandages). Good thing we forgot this was an elbow technique and went for the wrists for half the class. You have never seen such discipline for not touching one's face on the drive home. And of course that is when one's face itches.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Congratulations on the PRs! 

I have heard from more experienced people that strong quads are the key to healthy shiko. That lets you keep your weight over your feet and just pivot on the knees. Two layers of fabric are essential for happy pivoting. One layer just grabs the skin on the knees and causes problems.

Thanks~

Yeah, I end up just extending my hips and "throwing" my knee/leg in tiny explosive movements and that gets the job done keeping up with people that have adult-sized femurs. A nice break from thumping my upper back on the mat lol.

Guys.

Guys. I shit you not. Okay, so I don't even believe in Earth Day because Virtue Signaling, but presuming you celebrate the thing, you DO believe in it, right?

My work is "celebrating" Earth Day with bottled waters and little bags of chips for employees (I'm not one, so I am not sure someone wouldn't come by and slap them out of my hand if I was inclined to take one). Seriously. There's like a hundred of each laid out on a conference table. I cannot stop laughing.

• Haha 2

On 4/24/2018 at 10:34 AM, Urgan said:

Miraculously, I was not in pain all day long for the first time in weeks and weeks (

Best PR on the books imvho

On 4/24/2018 at 4:15 PM, Urgan said:

Guys.

Guys. I shit you not. Okay, so I don't even believe in Earth Day because Virtue Signaling, but presuming you celebrate the thing, you DO believe in it, right?

My work is "celebrating" Earth Day with bottled waters and little bags of chips for employees (I'm not one, so I am not sure someone wouldn't come by and slap them out of my hand if I was inclined to take one). Seriously. There's like a hundred of each laid out on a conference table. I cannot stop laughing.

oh DEAR

• Like 1
On 4/24/2018 at 5:15 PM, Urgan said:

WUT

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

On 4/24/2018 at 5:15 PM, Urgan said:

I.  

I.

4d4a5fa73734ae3aac996b3a487ee296.gif

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:15 PM, Urgan said:

Guys.

somebody missed the memo