2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

that's a bummer :( about the job

I'm assuming the water and kibble is a pet and not you?

Yeah, there is two weeks of Adventure behind Harley and his digestive problems. That's right, we've gotten to the point of talking about cat GI health all up in this BL. UGH. Best recap of recent events is my weekend report. 

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

5 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Yeah, there is two weeks of Adventure behind Harley and his digestive problems. That's right, we've gotten to the point of talking about cat GI health all up in this BL. UGH. Best recap of recent events is my weekend report. 

I'll uh wait until I finish eating my morning yogurt before I catch up on that cat report....

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

14 hours ago, Urgan said:

I just witnessed 3 solid minutes of water drinking, with a little bit of kibble nibbling thrown in, upon getting home directly after being rejected for that job position I just interviewed for.

YAY and boo, respectively. 

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

2 minutes ago, shaar said:

YAY and boo, respectively. 

On the bright side, Harley watched me eat dinner with great interest and got several (5-6) pieces of chicken, which he took right out of my hands. And drank more water. And made a diarrhea overnight. 

The vet has him now. Hydration and blood tests, round two. I asked about his stomach lining and we might get a picture of that, too. Just gonna start passing the hat now.....

• Like 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

6 minutes ago, Urgan said:

On the bright side, Harley watched me eat dinner with great interest and got several (5-6) pieces of chicken, which he took right out of my hands. And drank more water. And made a diarrhea overnight. 

Oh hey, this is an uptick!  Woo hoo!!!

7 minutes ago, Urgan said:

The vet has him now. Hydration and blood tests, round two. I asked about his stomach lining and we might get a picture of that, too. Just gonna start passing the hat now.....

p e r f e c t

I'm interested to see what they find out!!  Does Harley hate the vet?  I mean duh, most animals do, but does he go into Full Freakout Mode when he's there or just kinda... chill and let them do their thing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shaar said:

p e r f e c t

I'm interested to see what they find out!!  Does Harley hate the vet?  I mean duh, most animals do, but does he go into Full Freakout Mode when he's there or just kinda... chill and let them do their thing?

He doesn't have a panic attack, but it didn't help I accidentally "assaulted" the cat carrier with a plastic bag trying to get it out of the floorboard while holding said carrier. Felt bad about that one. It was like 1984 with the rat cage, only in reverse. 

He just kinda goes back into his carrier when not forced to stay out on the cold table. Quietly terrified would be a good description. Vet tech complimented him on his already knowing how to be held skills. Yes, this floofbaby gets held a LOT around here.

• Like 1

Guess who had surgery today. Apparently a telescoping small intestine and/or a hairball was the culprit. It's a chicken and egg thing as to which caused which. He's awake and gonna be under observation for a little while. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Urgan said:

Vet tech complimented him on his already knowing how to be held skills.

My poor cat cannot handle any travel, the vet, stranger touching, the works, and she is now too old to be gassed for examination, so. Fortunately she just floats on like a cat that doesn't know she's 18 somehow because if anything major happens there is not much we can do with how hard she fights vets

she all fite

(no bite tho, she only bites thems she trusts)

4 hours ago, Urgan said:

Guess who had surgery today. Apparently a telescoping small intestine and/or a hairball was the culprit. It's a chicken and egg thing as to which caused which. He's awake and gonna be under observation for a little while. 

This sounds like good news, because finding + treating! Here's hoping.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Urgan said:

WHOA.  That's so wild.... my little cat Kerrigan way, way back had a real real similar issue and this post made me go "!!!!!"

As a kitten she just loved eating kitty litter (... really why catte why) and it lodged in her intestine and everything had spasmed so much trying to pass it through that she gave herself a mesenteric torsion and needed emergency surgery.  She had a lot of the same symptoms but hers came on really quick and I was lucky my vet was super proactive 'cause she was pretty close to being a goner, phew.

Man I had forgotten all about that.  Crazy.

I'm so glad there are ANSWERS for y'all now!!!!

• Thanks 1

5/21/2018 + 5/22/2018

giphy.gif

This month is not ending yet, y'all

Food

Fiber: 20 | 11, 29

Days Since Last Incident: 1, 2

Cleaning

Bathroom - 3 | 5

Bedroom - 5 | 7

Living Room - 6 | 6

Kitchen - 3 | 6

Scooped cat box

Declutter Nightstand

Declutter Bedroom Desk

Declutter Kitchen Table - 50%

Schedule Vet Appointment

Price Out New Tires - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bench

45         5

60         5

70         5

80         5

98         2

88.5     4x5--5RM PR + .5!!

OHP

45         2x5

55         5

60         5

67         2

65         5x5

Okay first off, ditching the Aikido goal because Clinging For Dear Life To My Sanity right now. It's not happening. Logistics of job hunting + all the non-monetary problems becoming monetary problems + our bank account is a Take A Penny, Leave a Penny ATM  + work flailing around pretending to be a thing that I do + WTF is a clean house anyway? 

So yeah. Okay. Monday. Monday I lifted because even if the house is burning down around me that is a thing I do. Because not doing it would make things 10^16x worse no matter what. I made a PR. OHP was heavy and shouldn't have been. Tried to rip my trap off my neck, srsly it went weak and it was force of will + compensating other muscles that got the job done. Shoulder/neck is fine, it's just a thing that happened and I am noting it thusly.

Work was dead as a graveyard in a ghost town riding on a ghost ship in the Bermuda Triangle on Friday the 13th. At midnight. 

Could have panicked and taken Harley to the vet this day, did not. Witnessed the chicken eating and the pooping just prior to the vet visit, which may have helped ID the problem area and indicate surgery as the best option to FINALLY RESOLVE THIS. Did not Aikido, I had to Adult and monitor the AC function in our house + babysit Harley while Mike was in KENTUCKY doing car shop things, this time bringing back a total that is going to be used to enhance the greatness of a very, very rich dude's Jeepster? I think that's what it's going on, don't quote me. Anyway, he was doing that while praying that an assortment of his dad's bank statements from the nursing home will be enough to appease the ancient blood god that is Medicaid. So at least he didn't have to worry a cat was dropping dead in the midst of that.

Tuesday was all the vet things, the spontaneous phone interview thing that coincided with getting news back about the surgery's results BECAUSE OF COURSE. At least HR guy was understanding to the max about that. Harley is going to recoup for a day or two at the vet before coming home. GUESS WHO NEEDS TO MAKE SURE THINGS ARE CLEAN. YUP. Speaking of, we are halfway do decluttering the table. An epic undertaking, I know. 

Oh, wait? What's that? The 23rd is our fourth wedding anniversary?? WHAT ARE THE ODDS. I like, forgot until I was in the gym this morning because it's not like we haven't had any distractions lately.

You didn't think you'd make it all the way without poop talk, did you? Well ironically that is one of the few things that seem to be cooperating lately. Ricotta cheese appears to be okay. Go figure.

13 hours ago, ixaera said:

My poor cat cannot handle any travel, the vet, stranger touching, the works, and she is now too old to be gassed for examination, so. Fortunately she just floats on like a cat that doesn't know she's 18 somehow because if anything major happens there is not much we can do with how hard she fights vets

she all fite

(no bite tho, she only bites thems she trusts)

This sounds like good news, because finding + treating! Here's hoping.

Poor ol' Zuu. She has earned her cranky. Maybe.

Yeah, we are crazy relieved to FINALLY have a cause and probable cure.

53 minutes ago, shaar said:

WHOA.  That's so wild.... my little cat Kerrigan way, way back had a real real similar issue and this post made me go "!!!!!"

As a kitten she just loved eating kitty litter (... really why catte why) and it lodged in her intestine and everything had spasmed so much trying to pass it through that she gave herself a mesenteric torsion and needed emergency surgery.  She had a lot of the same symptoms but hers came on really quick and I was lucky my vet was super proactive 'cause she was pretty close to being a goner, phew.

Man I had forgotten all about that.  Crazy.

I'm so glad there are ANSWERS for y'all now!!!!

Cats. Amirite?

5/23/2018

giphy.gif

I'll be your Cute Things break between all the dry srs dense lecture material

Food

Fiber: 24 | 33

Days Since Last Incident: 3

Cleaning

Bathroom - 3 | 5

Bedroom - 5 | 7

Living Room - 6 | 6

Kitchen - 3 | 6

Declutter Nightstand

Declutter Bedroom Desk

Declutter Kitchen Table - 50%

Schedule Vet Appointment

Squat

45           5

125         5

140         5

160         5

167         2

140         3x5

Deadlift

135         5

150         5

170         5

190         2

170         3x5

Gym time was hard. I hate 5s. I also hate the 160s on squat. The 160s are a bastard weight range. Don't ask me why, it just is. But anyway. Did that, didn't die. I did give myself something that seems to be like shin splints, except I wouldn't know because WTF is cardio. That is, discomfort on the front of my shin that runs up and around the knee and all the way up into my thigh (I forget which side, I think it was the adductor crying, but could have been quads) and lasted through Aikido, where we were blending (harrrrrrrr) deflecting a punch with nikyo followed a gokyo type pin. And then we stacked another particularly awful pin on top of that sequence where you reach under uke's arm and grab some part of it from the back side. You're rotating uke's elbow to face forward to get a backbend and step + kneel to get them to fall. Then knee goes on face and you're lifting up on the arm to pin the wrist. It's fantastic. Especially when you aren't sure how your leg is going to enjoy the experience. Turns out it wasn't that bad, but sitting seiza was...not the best. 

Sooooo scored a third phone interview (it's today) and secured an in-person interview with the 2nd place that called me back. 

Harley ate solid food and peed. The vet said he's starting to act sweet, so his terror must have expired. Hoping he'll be cleared to be released today. Don't mind me, I'm just gonna go push a bunch of money around so we don't die...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I don't think I've ever had shin splits run up the thigh? But then again I'm also not a cardio/runner person.

I don't think it's actually shin splints (my interpretation of such involves impact and you can be sure I was not jump squatting with 140lbs. Or any lbs, ever.), but I've never managed to experience discomfort directly in the shin area before, so. Just a colorful facsimile of what was going on?? 

From the May Wasn't Difficult Enough file....

Today the gym put up a sign that not-demanded in a passive aggressive level expert sort of way we lower weights slowly. They were posted only beside the two squat racks, so implicitly they are targeting deadlifts and Oly lifts. Evasive maneuvers may be required. I understand one of my current prospective employment options has a gym, so God willing this may clear itself up somewhat. 

5 hours ago, Urgan said:

From the May Wasn't Difficult Enough file....

Today the gym put up a sign that not-demanded in a passive aggressive level expert sort of way we lower weights slowly. They were posted only beside the two squat racks, so implicitly they are targeting deadlifts and Oly lifts. Evasive maneuvers may be required. I understand one of my current prospective employment options has a gym, so God willing this may clear itself up somewhat. 

W.... what..........

Uh...........

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, shaar said:

W.... what..........

Uh...........

giphy.gif

I know, right? Three years of a perfect relationship, nearly ruined. If they come down hard on this new rule I will rack pull until I pull my ass right out of their membership. And I won't be happy either way, because this is a good facility for the money IMO. Not a black iron gym, but the places with good equipment want to sign you up for aaaaall the things. Nutrition + coaching + programming + group lifting. No. Just no.

10 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I know, right? Three years of a perfect relationship, nearly ruined. If they come down hard on this new rule I will rack pull until I pull my ass right out of their membership. And I won't be happy either way, because this is a good facility for the money IMO. Not a black iron gym, but the places with good equipment want to sign you up for aaaaall the things. Nutrition + coaching + programming + group lifting. No. Just no.

Oh man you better IG those rack pull videos.  For science.  And the lulz.

Yeah they can totally nickel and dime you and it's just like... dude pls.  I don't want your bells and whistles.  But I also don't want to pay $10 a month to work out at Seedy Jimmy's Not Very Well Lit Barbell Garage either.  It really is a delicate balance!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, shaar said:

Oh man you better IG those rack pull videos.  For science.  And the lulz.

Yeah they can totally nickel and dime you and it's just like... dude pls.  I don't want your bells and whistles.  But I also don't want to pay $10 a month to work out at Seedy Jimmy's Not Very Well Lit Barbell Garage either.  It really is a delicate balance!

Oh you better believe I will video all the things.

In other news, Harley is home. He peed and nibbled kibble and is crying all the cries (for attention) and sitting on a blanket with two fans and the AC going. You might say he is spoiled. 

• Like 2

5/24/2018 - 5/28/2018

giphy.gif

My spirit animal

Food

Fiber: 21 | 27, 13, 13, 24 (26)

Days Since Last Incident: 4,5, 0, 1, 0

Cleaning

Bathroom - 3 | 6

Cleaned sink

Bedroom - 5 | 8

Changed sheets

Living Room - 6 | 6

Kitchen - 3 | 7

Cleaned countertop

Declutter Nightstand

Declutter Bedroom Desk

Declutter Kitchen Table

Schedule Vet Appointment

Thursday....I don't even remember what happens on days where I don't lift or there isn't a 4-alarm fire. I did survive it, which is probably all that mattered in the final analysis.

Friday

OHP

45         2x5

55         5

60         5

71         2

67.5     3x5--5RM PR + .5!!

Bench

45         5

60         5

70         5

80         5

88.5      2

80         5x5

This is the day I got my cat back. All of the unneeded stress. Trying not to let it get it to me, trying to remember I'll be repeating this cycle just to make sure it doesn't derail me. 

Saturday

Squat

45           5

115         5

140         5

150         5

176         2

167         3x5--5RM PR + 2!!

Deadlift

135         5

150         5

170         5

200         2

190         3x5

Bonus OHP

45         5

55         5

60         5

70         3

60         3x5

Bonus Bench

45         3x5

I did that gym adventure thing. Lower body was in one new gym, while upper was in another. Both places had at least one wooden platform and bumper plates, both had not enough benches to allow me to use one to sit on (which is reeeeeeally lame in knee sleeves BTW...). The first gym was a hot box wrapped in the bowels of the rest of the facility in a way that almost begged echoing of deadlift noises, but oh well I did it and nobody looked at me funny. Small mercy nobody was around while I was loading the bumper plates, because damn was that awkward with nothing to grip onto. The second gym was more of a one room kind of deal, which means I got to experience the joys of AC and there is zero to stop sound from carrying to the fools on the cardio equipment who might not understand. Yay. It also had a bench with spotter arms, which is a first for me in person. Pity there is small chance I will be using it unless shit gets real at my current gym--that place is out of the way in a big way.

I was so. very. sore. after these sessions. I have never lifted, driven around, and lifted more before so that was a thing that my body did not approve. 

Sunday

Groceries. Napping. Worthlessness.

Monday

Bench

45         5

70         5

80         5

90         5

98         2

102      5x1

OHP

45         5

55         5

60         5

70         1

75         3x1

60         3x3

It was nice to be able to take all the time I wanted on upper body for a change AND have the opportunity to max out if I had wanted. Unfortunately I was just insecure enough about 102 that I figured it foolish bordering on suicidal to jump higher.  It rained just enough to preclude any Memorial Day type festivities one might want to engage in--fortunately for me, bed was the only thing I cared about after getting home. 

I think I have figured out that lots of fruit and preworkout (huge caffeine surge) within a certain window of time is a bad idea. Maybe my body hates convenience. Is it possible to be allergic to convenience?

Addit:

Harley is eating, drinking, and using the box like a normal cat. Before I left for work this morning I saw him looking like he wanted to pounce on DaVinci, so for him that is the final frontier of recovery. Been giving him his oral antibiotic, he is so soon and comes over and doesn't flail too much right before I stuff the syringe in his mouth. Poor cat must think he might be getting tuna.

• Like 1

Bumper plates.  Hooooo.  I love 'em but yeah Also Watch Me Flail Around like I'm trying to Capture Some Giant Unwieldly Rubber Farm Animal or something it's just.  A thing.

3 hours ago, Urgan said:

Maybe my body hates convenience. Is it possible to be allergic to convenience?

I think if Life Lately has taught us anything: yes.  Yes it is.

YAY HARLEYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shaar said:

Bumper plates.  Hooooo.  I love 'em but yeah Also Watch Me Flail Around like I'm trying to Capture Some Giant Unwieldly Rubber Farm Animal or something it's just.  A thing.

How now giant replica cow?

4 minutes ago, shaar said:

I think if Life Lately has taught us anything: yes.  Yes it is.

YAY HARLEYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Good point. Speaking of animals, something that might amuse you. Turns out my distant family (6 "great"s grandfathers distant) is responsible for your state dog

21 minutes ago, Urgan said:

How now giant replica cow?

Petition to change the shape of all bumper plates to big round cows in effect!

22 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Speaking of animals, something that might amuse you. Turns out my distant family (6 "great"s grandfathers distant) is responsible for your state dog

HAHA NO WAY!!  Plotts are SUPER CUTE dogs!  You should put that fact on your resume TBQH.

2 minutes ago, shaar said:

HAHA NO WAY!!  Plotts are SUPER CUTE dogs!  You should put that fact on your resume TBQH.

My dad has a super grainy picture of one as his iPhone wallpaper...as you do with dogs that share your name lol. I have never actually seen one in person tho? They do look like goofballs with they floppy earses. 

June 2018 Goals

giphy.gif

Gone in search of my chill, MIA since April

May has been...difficult. I won't wallow in it, because May is dead to me. Yeah sure there's one more day to go. Details. It has left some unfinished business in its wake and it's June's job to run a mop-up operation. At least my headache count is down from nearly daily to a couple times a month and I figured out (somewhat) how to food. Stress showed up at the gym as a general sense of fatigue but did the thing to the best of my ability. Loving the extra gym time. 

Fiber was good over May, I got that sorted out. An additional trick will be to keep fruit and gummy snacks away from preworkout and all should be well. All that remains is to keep enough variety in my diet to avoid developing some other Godforsaken intolerance or sensitivity. My strategy for maintaining high fiber is going to involve unconventional breakfasts. Riced veggies and spiralized zucchini, anyone?

I bought kimchi.

Maybe try the kimchi.

Get a good streak of proper digestion and reattempt yogurt. I was doing a lot of dumb stuff at the same time I was trying to eat yogurt (because that's how I do--change all things, body gives me random feedback, and I have to quit 85% of the stuff before finally figuring out the culprits). Why? The Psychobiotic Revolution suggests if you can get the probiotics found therein, you might be able to consume other dairy safely (there is a lot of reference to mental health--anxiety and depression--and IBS/IBD as well, for whom it may concern). So Step 1 is to see if I can even get those probiotics on board. I'll start with one thing of yogurt a week (aka buy one and see if I die), be sure to keep it away from preworkout, and hope for the best. Oh, and remember that time I bought miso? Yeah, me neither apparently. I only stare at the container every day when I reach for sauerkraut. 

giphy.gif

I don't really have another goal here but to try to keep what I've got and broaden my pool of foods I can cycle. Also put money back for New Tires and/or AC repair, whichever comes first. So here comes The List.

Try kimchi

Retry yogurt

Miso

Set up savings transfer with some $$ figure, pray nothing breaks until July

I doubled my cleaning score from April. Everybody clap for remedial Adulting 999.

Bathroom - 3 ---> 6

Bedroom - 5  ---> 8

Living Room - 6 ---> 6

Kitchen - 3 ---> 7

Time to hit where I live. Literally.

Welcome to Things I Don't Clean But Know Damn Well I Should. Is it too much to ask I apply microfiber to each of these in a month?

giphy.gif

Yeah okay but still.

Sink

Toilet

Floor

Counters

Weekly Debriefs: 

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

• Like 1