36 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Between this and the work drama and having to get the battery on my car replaced, I am a little cranky, gang. On the plus? side, we can potentially have the stitches out of Harley and be done with that little nightmare for good. I'm going to write off all abnormal gastrointestinal and gym performance behavior for the week because STRESS.

Jesus frick.  Stress FOR SURE.

25 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Also worth noting is I prodded Mike into calling them back and informing them that we stopped the check and he picked up steam as the conversation went with the AC office and reported their tech for scammery, so we might have performed a Public Service and/or saved the company from a bad reputation that it turns out they have for this kind of thing. Or else they're all scumbags because the lady was surprised and said this was one of their best techs. Not Sure How to Take That. 

Doing the justice, one stress-related incident at a time.  Hmm, either she really -was- surprised people were being dinks out in the field or this is their MO and she's real good at acting.... why is good help so hard to find these days??  (Because Greed, probably.)

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

6/8/2018 - 6/10/2018

giphy.gif

Alternatively, possibly not

Try kimchi

Sink

Floor

Reorder checks

Renew car tags

Counters

Call vet about when/if we rip the stitches out

Take car to shop

Decide whether to try more yogurt or go for Dill Cucumber kefir - one more time 

Make plan to finance new AC unit at estimated price $6000 so we are not left holding the bag asejhrajefeoj!?!?

Retry yogurt

Miso

Set up savings transfer with some $$ figure, pray nothing breaks until July

Toilet

Friday

OHP

45         2x5

55         3

67         1

71         3x2

Bench

45         5

55         5

65         3

75         3

85         1

93         5x3

The day from actual Hell. After the gym, nothing else good happened until I had access to my bed. Why is it that directly after Wednesday work had to be so stressful working with other humans? Forgot to take my iPod out of the car and it overheated so no music until I was screaming down the highway trying to get to my cat to take him to get his bleeping stitches out and every human being on the damn planet sat between me and him. I get home, have to play tag with the cat to get him into the carrier, by which point it's 5:20-ish. I called the vet to make sure I'd make it if I even managed to get him in the car. They said yes. I crammed the cat in the floorboard and screamed up to the vet and...it took like 2 minutes from walking in to walking out.

Came back home and collapsed in a heap. 

Surprise alert: this weekend I did not eat terribly much because I just could not be f'd.

Saturday

Squat

45           10

105         5

120         3

140         3

160         1

186         5x2

Deadlift

135         5

140         3

160         3

180         1

210         5x2

Gym, haircut, groceries (because did you SEE Friday??), done. Made a lot of noise in said gym, no one batted an eye.

Sunday

Sunday is all about doing as little as possible. Laundry, bedsheets changed, counters scrubbed, and chicken got marinated. Otherwise I was horizontal. Stressed out about this incoming week after the lights went out and I might have squeaked out 4 hours of sleep if I am lucky.

• Sad 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

On 6/8/2018 at 9:52 AM, shaar said:

Jesus frick.  Stress FOR SURE.

Doing the justice, one stress-related incident at a time.  Hmm, either she really -was- surprised people were being dinks out in the field or this is their MO and she's real good at acting.... why is good help so hard to find these days??  (Because Greed, probably.)

The stress is SO real. Having to interact with jackwagons, wondering if my manager will ever make a formal announcement of this thing, wondering when is the good time to announce it myself if there is such a time, and gee I would like a little more communication from my new employer before doing so because I am PARANOID.

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

18 hours ago, Urgan said:

The day from actual Hell. After the gym, nothing else good happened until I had access to my bed. Why is it that directly after Wednesday work had to be so stressful working with other humans? Forgot to take my iPod out of the car and it overheated so no music until I was screaming down the highway trying to get to my cat to take him to get his bleeping stitches out and every human being on the damn planet sat between me and him. I get home, have to play tag with the cat to get him into the carrier, by which point it's 5:20-ish. I called the vet to make sure I'd make it if I even managed to get him in the car. They said yes. I crammed the cat in the floorboard and screamed up to the vet and...it took like 2 minutes from walking in to walking out.

at that point I would have just sanitized some pointy scissors and had at it myself

• Like 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

6/11/2018

giphy.gif

All I want is some attention...okay maybe not that kind

Try kimchi

Sink

Floor

Reorder checks

Cash refund check from doc

Renew car tags

Bench

45         3

65         3

75         3

85         3

98         3x3

88         3

OHP

45         3

50         3

55         3

65         3

71         3

66         6x3

Somehow made it out of bed, it might have been the promise of OHP. I hit a PR of sorts in bench, never have done 98lbs for 3 sets of triples before. Sat in suspense waiting for word from my employer-to-be. Nada. Had to have an awkward conversation with my functional manager about letting my embed group know about that whole two weeks thing because I was getting the funny feeling that maybe that was never gonna happen. She thought I had already told everyone (...mmhmm. Bingo). I told her that I knew everyone else who left got a meeting called and the manager tells the group. So allegedly I will get that today. 

Aikido was all the suwari waza, which is techniques done while kneeling. AKA an entire class of kneeling. Ow. Then we did randori and got thrown a lot by black belts. Ow. 

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

at that point I would have just sanitized some pointy scissors and had at it myself

You make a good case. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Urgan said:

Had to have an awkward conversation with my functional manager about letting my embed group know about that whole two weeks thing because I was getting the funny feeling that maybe that was never gonna happen. She thought I had already told everyone (...mmhmm. Bingo). I told her that I knew everyone else who left got a meeting called and the manager tells the group. So allegedly I will get that today. 

I find it weird you didn't tell the manager, and then IMMEDIATELY tell everyone else.  Two weeks is not a long time, and barring some weird political BS there's no reason to not tell direct coworkers as soon as possible.  Like, manager told - that's the only person who should get first dibs.

Your soon-to-be-former job is weird.

4 hours ago, Urgan said:

Aikido was all the suwari waza, which is techniques done while kneeling. AKA an entire class of kneeling. Ow. Then we did randori and got thrown a lot by black belts. Ow. 

Sunday I manage to get my ass out of bed so I could go to a class taught by an instructor I like, but whose class I keep missing for one reason or another.  I'm enough of a wise ass that I directly tell this to said instructor.  He asked if that means the class should be "A RP Special?"  I replied "Anything is fine, as long as it's NOT suwari waza."

My knees really freaking hate it right now. >.<

• Like 1

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

1 minute ago, RisenPhoenix said:

I find it weird you didn't tell the manager, and then IMMEDIATELY tell everyone else.  Two weeks is not a long time, and barring some weird political BS there's no reason to not tell direct coworkers as soon as possible.  Like, manager told - that's the only person who should get first dibs.

Your soon-to-be-former job is weird.

I so badly want to leave a job on good terms with somebody at this place.

It makes sense when you realize of three prior workplaces, I've only had a positive experience with leaving one, and that one was Walmart. One was awkward AF and one where I was laid off. I at least want leaving this department to be good, the rest of the building can go to Hell. The FTEs who left were formally acknowledged and I wanted that. And got it this morning after reminding her again. So. Now I feel at liberty to be free about it. 

I also had to jab my soon-to-be employer because it has been quiet since I got the offer. Turns out the HR guy responsible for onboarding was asleep at the switch. SIGH. At least that cued a flood of emails. I have homework now....

6 minutes ago, RisenPhoenix said:

Sunday I manage to get my ass out of bed so I could go to a class taught by an instructor I like, but whose class I keep missing for one reason or another.  I'm enough of a wise ass that I directly tell this to said instructor.  He asked if that means the class should be "A RP Special?"  I replied "Anything is fine, as long as it's NOT suwari waza."

My knees really freaking hate it right now. >.<

Looool. It like he was making sure you get your ass out of bed again next Sunday for funtiems.

6/12/2018

giphy.gif

TFW...

Try kimchi

Sink

Floor

Reorder checks

Renew car tags

Turned out to be a pretty okay day after cajoling people to do the thing. Everybody will know in a few hours once Programming is made aware of the news. Our meeting was an exchange of job postings, so you get an idea of how morale is in IT. I got a flood of emails from the new place involving a digital cavity search allllll the way back to 2011, so that was what my evening was spent doing. That's okay, I am now done and feel a lot better because I no longer have that nagging something's-wrong feeling. Apparently I can detect when someone in another company I never spoke to ain't be doing their job through silence alone. #superpowersnooneasksfor

Also Programming is taking me to Another Local Mexican Place. Pray for me. Or don't. If it's like past Workplace experience, it will leave a bad taste in my mouth, literally and figuratively....but then this is part of the Normal Coworker Leaving procedure, so at least I've got that going for me. The leader of the gang wanting to take me out has a thing for taking the nameplates of people who leave, like scalps, only more inorganic. I wonder if he'll take the drawerful when he leaves/retires....

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Also Programming is taking me to Another Local Mexican Place. Pray for me. Or don't. If it's like past Workplace experience, it will leave a bad taste in my mouth, literally and figuratively....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

WHY DON'T YOU GET TO CHOOSE

1 minute ago, shaar said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

WHY DON'T YOU GET TO CHOOSE

Because all the options around here suck lol. We're in the armpit of the metro area where being shot is a legit concern. Did I mention I am glad to be leaving??

Just now, Urgan said:

Because all the options around here suck lol. We're in the armpit of the metro area where being shot is a legit concern. Did I mention I am glad to be leaving??

HOOOO BOY.  One last time for the road, then.  ADIOS AMIGOS (literally)

Just now, shaar said:

HOOOO BOY.  One last time for the road, then.  ADIOS AMIGOS (literally)

DUMPSTER FIRE DINING FOR ALL.

5 minutes ago, Kishi said:

maybe they'll let you roast marshmallows?

I'm already kinda doing that in my head right now. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Urgan said:

DUMPSTER FIRE DINING FOR ALL.

2007-07-17-037.gif

(okay, this is larger than I intended, but, you know.  whatever.)

• Like 4

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

6/13/2018

giphy.gif

Looking at my to do list at work is getting increasingly absurd

Try kimchi

Sink

Floor

Reorder checks

Renew car tags

Squat

45           3

125         3

150         3

160         3

176         3x3

Deadlift

140         3

160         3

190         3

200         3

Today the news got out and I am feeling like this is a real thing. The realer it feels, the more impatient I am for the 22nd to arrive. Doesn't help that Shark Week finally decided to show up. Stress pushed it back a week. Yay that. It was a dojo test night, so it was nice to just sit there on the mat for a little while because stiff and sore and Shark Week. 

• Like 2

I'm rapidly developing a case of the fuckits due to someone treating me like a piece of shit. I think he took a lemon suppository before showing up to work today. Like, the whole lemon.

6/14/2018

giphy.gif

Current team mood

Try kimchi

Sink

Floor

Renew car tags - happening next week due to MONEY

Reorder checks

So this was a frustrating day due to medical and work issues--my face decided to drain and sneeze constantly and work was Defective. Everything was broken and nothing worked so I left to work from home, such as one can do when NOTHING IS GOING RIGHT. There was the incident with the lemons and it has somewhat carried over for Some People and I just CBF to get involved in those issues.

I did reorder the checks finally and took at look at the calendar, realized car tags really probably aren't going to be renewed until next week. That weekly pay life....for now. 

I have come to realize that these Sprouts brand gummies are messing me over digestively (i.e., two gym days in a row I have had to run into the gym bathroom to avoid a disaster....narrowly. If that isn't a message to stop eating something, I don't know what is) and I can't seem to eat few enough to avoid Problems so. Probably should stop eating them all-together. No milk protein containing chocolate, no gummies, wait until Saturday evening maybe and try the yogurt again. We'll see if that does the trick. Otherwise I am done trying yogurt and will switch to the kefir water stuff. 

On 6/14/2018 at 12:13 PM, Urgan said:

I think he took a lemon suppository before showing up to work today. Like, the whole lemon.

at first I thought you meant for real. that this was a real thing that exists. "why would lemon suppositories even exist" but then again, maybe they do.

• Haha 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

6/15/2018 - 6/17/2018

giphy.gif

Turning up for father-daughter trash can surgery

Try kimchi

Sink

Renew car tags - happening next week due to MONEY

Floor

Reorder checks

Friday

OHP

45         3

50         3

55         3

65         3

71         5x3

67         3

Bench

45         3

65         3

75         3

85         3

93         3

80         6x3

So I said Thursday was frustrating....well, that'd make Friday absolutely maddening, then. A ghost of Thursday's lemon shine stuck around, with the bonus task of having to pee in a plastic cup. Why is that so difficult? Why must I torture myself with worrying that my preworkout will cause me to not have a job in a week? Why can I not eat the waffles showcased by Guy Fieri on the tv in the drug test room??

Oh and on the way into Walmart I was smacked with a demand for W2 + pay stub from two jobs ago and they were assholes before I left nevermind when it came to tax time. That was cool. Another panic attack. Subclinical, I'm sure, but it involved nearly crying in a Walmart so it's damn close FML. But then I remembered we bought a house then and they demand the same stuff for the loan sooooo dug through Gmail archives and found both documents there. aejraoeijogajaodfga gjoadfjoajfhojfhodf Goodnight, my appetite + will to live. Ate tuna and random frozen riced cauliflower anyway. STREEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. It was there before I walked into work because upper body felt pretty gnarly. 

Saturday

Squat

45           3

125         3

140         3

160         3

186         3x3

Deadlift

140         3

160         3

185         3

210         3x3

More stress lifting. I was able to pull it off, but woof. It will be interesting to see what this new job does to my performance. Bracing for impact.

I have stopped eating the gummies, bought some Belgian chocolates to soothe myself, and away we go.

Sunday

Father's Day was brisket smoking, floor shining, and father-daughter trash can surgery. Yes folks, don't you wish you were here. 

So, someone has a habit of sticking the garbage can outside instead of actually cleaning it when it gets stank. Guess what, the plastic bottom of can melted a bit and the melted bits bumped against the pedal's leverage such that it could not close all the way for lack of clearance. So dad took a straight razor and sliced off the melted bit and now it works. God willing trash can and hose will now meet in glorious real time.

Yup, we baited the man across town with brisket, squash, and beans and together we learned how $50 pedal trash cans operate.

giphy.gif

I do feel kind of bad, but it was funny as Hell.

You had to have been there.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2018 at 11:37 AM, ixaera said:

Yeah, naw

NEW JOB SOON

tenor.gif?itemid=11836286

Can we just pretend this week doesn't exist?

Planning my permanently away message like

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

at first I thought you meant for real. that this was a real thing that exists. "why would lemon suppositories even exist" but then again, maybe they do.

I would not bet money against it in this crazy world of ours.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Oh and on the way into Walmart I was smacked with a demand for W2 + pay stub from two jobs ago and they were assholes before I left nevermind when it came to tax time. That was cool. Another panic attack. Subclinical, I'm sure, but it involved nearly crying in a Walmart so it's damn close FML. But then I remembered we bought a house then and they demand the same stuff for the loan sooooo dug through Gmail archives and found both documents there. aejraoeijogajaodfga gjoadfjoajfhojfhodf Goodnight, my appetite + will to live. Ate tuna and random frozen riced cauliflower anyway. STREEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. It was there before I walked into work because upper body felt pretty gnarly. 

jesus hornblower christ

;____________________;

WHEN WILL IT END

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Can we just pretend this week doesn't exist?

This sounds perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!