You got this.  Starting up anywhere new is freaking hard as hell.  Let along adjusting to new work, but new PEOPLE and CULTURE and SHINY OBJECT OVER THERE.

I'm sure it'll get easier.  Or you'll just learn to carry a large sledgehammer around. :)

• Thanks 1

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

6/29/2018 - 7/1/2018

giphy.gif

Weekend coming at me like

Friday

OHP

45         2x5

55         5

60         5

71         2

67.5     3x5

Bench

45         5

60         5

70         5

80         5

88.5      2

80         5x5

Friday marked the end of my first work week at New Job. Did not faceplant. Bought groceries at the end of the day like an Adult, then crashed. Gymming has been a Hard this week--lifts feel like trash. I am hoping this changes faster than it did the last time I started working at a new place because OH BOY was that great. You were there, you remember. 6 months of JOY. 

Saturday 

Squat

45            5

115         5

140         5

150         5

176         2

167      3x5

Deadlift

135         5

150         5

170         5

200         2

190         3x5

...UGH. Headaches, tireds despite sleeping all the sleep. Dragged myself into the gym and did the thing because when I go to the gym I can read about viruses. If you haven't realized I am bizarre by now, you are the one with the problem. Stupid kid knocked my camera over, elaborately set up on a bench inside a purple shoe you'd have to be blind or RETARDED to miss since he had to deliberately find a side of the punching bag it was next to that was clear of BENCH WITH SHOE CAM. OMG human male children are just amazing sometimes. I snarked real good at him so maybe he'll actually think about what his ocular lobe is showing him. Ran around for hours looking for pants that fit. Came away with one pair of leggings (in case my hoard of them no longer fit) and one pair of pants. In the entirety of Target and Nordstrom Rack, this is all that fit and I felt confident was work appropriate. Unless you want dress pants, God knows I don't. This put my fooding late and likely explains why I am still really, really sore in hams and adductors. 

Sunday

Sundays are for doing nothing, or so I am convinced. However, I did clean out the lip of my pressure cooker and bundled up all the stuff that was bound for work (vegetables, jar for peppermints because Tuna breath, plastic cutlery....), prepped marinated chicken for Monday night Maybe Dinner. It's going on the grill, so weather may dictate alternative plans. I even thought about mopping the floor--didn't, but I thought about it and that was the main thing. Did not nap over 2 hours, fell asleep relatively quickly. Success as far as I am concerned.

On 6/30/2018 at 9:47 PM, ixaera said:

NEW THINGS ARE SO HARD

You got this tho

tenor.gif?itemid=5280364

How to SQL? What do? Last time I actually made my own queries was in 2011.

18 hours ago, RisenPhoenix said:

You got this.  Starting up anywhere new is freaking hard as hell.  Let along adjusting to new work, but new PEOPLE and CULTURE and SHINY OBJECT OVER THERE.

I'm sure it'll get easier.  Or you'll just learn to carry a large sledgehammer around. :)

Thanks, the good news is this work environment is instantly 10^60 better than old job ever was on its best day. I do miss jeans something fierce because [insert foaming rant about finding pants that fit certain waist to hip ratios AND are Work Safe here]. Otherwise, so long as nobody decides to hamstring and subsequently choke us out with paperwork like Old Job, so good.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Stupid kid knocked my camera over, elaborately set up on a bench inside a purple shoe you'd have to be blind or RETARDED to miss since he had to deliberately find a side of the punching bag it was next to that was clear of BENCH WITH SHOE CAM.

This GUY.  Oh my frick.  HASHBROWN EAT SHIT uh..... CHAD.  (Gerald clearly won't work in this sitch.)

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

I do miss jeans something fierce because [insert foaming rant about finding pants that fit certain waist to hip ratios AND are Work Safe here]. Otherwise, so long as nobody decides to hamstring and subsequently choke us out with paperwork like Old Job, so good.

Pants.  Pants.  The rants of pants.  Is a truth of this world.  Fashion is out the window at this point just give me SOMETHIN' that doesn't look like I rolled like a hamster through the fabric section of Joann's.......

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

8 minutes ago, shaar said:

This GUY.  Oh my frick.  HASHBROWN EAT SHIT uh..... CHAD.  (Gerald clearly won't work in this sitch.)

He was in the gym this AM and it did me a Concern. He and his brother (definitely maybe) managed to not hit my bar in the bench rack, so there's that.

9 minutes ago, shaar said:

Pants.  Pants.  The rants of pants.  Is a truth of this world.  Fashion is out the window at this point just give me SOMETHIN' that doesn't look like I rolled like a hamster through the fabric section of Joann's.......

I am seriously considering sneaking cargo-style pants (you know, stitched like jeans but made of thin fabric) and daring them to boot me.

• Like 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Guys. Guys. Guys, I can has SQL query NOW WITH JOINS. I even dug around and found the right table to join to WITHOUT ASKING ANYBODY.

LOOK OUT WORLD.

• Like 2

Caught up with you after 6 weeks away.

I am so happy to hear that you are out of the hideous old job and into a new job that looks promising!

Yay for Harvey recovering from surgery and being a happy cat!

Good for you for keeping up with lifting, aikido and adulting through All The Stress. You are amazing. I look forward to seeing what happens to your digestion and lifts now that your cortisol levels can recover from fight-or-flight-NOW mode.

• Thanks 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

July 2018 Goals

giphy.gif

New Job, Who Dis?

It's amazing to think when I wrote up June goals, it was at a different desk. Yet another layer of stress falls away (to be replaced by another more intensely acute variety, but DETAILS). It's taken about four months, but I think I've figured out what my body does and does not approve of digesting--fruit and preworkout do not mix, and there's no safe way to consume certain gummies so just don't. I have more good days than bad. Fiber game still relatively strong, boosted by shoehorning in more vegetables and enforcing variety by continually looking for new things to try. That and kraut is the secret to success. 

Kimchi is great, guys. Who knew, given that I like fermented cabbage, that another kind of fermented cabbage would work out??? Also I think yogurt is acceptable? Based on what little experimentation I have done, there was no Armageddon directly after consumption of Siggi's, and most times when I eat dairy the results are like, immediately after or even WHILE eating it. One might say there was less reaction than this little number

01116_RFS_BB_MntryJckApplCrnbrryShldPmpk

I freaking love these and consume them in the evening on gym nights (preworkout avoidance protocols), but not sure my body is the biggest fan nonetheless. Mebbe need to rotate them in and out with something else to see if that would be sufficient to allow them to stay in any capacity.  Maybe I'm just overthinking it. Or maybe I have gotten spoiled by all this proper BM business. 

So the big thing this month is to get adjusted to working at New Job and ditch this achy joint crap that says my recovery leaves a lot to be desired. It's a problem for my lifts and it's certainly a problem for Aikido. Basically it's back to a recovery-focused goal set. Always the most exciting goals, where we figure out how to Lifestyle.

Recovery

Sleep. What the bleep is that, anyway? Lights-out at 11:00. In bed. Ready for bed. At 11:00. Sunday - Thursday. 

Not 11:15. 

Not 11:25.

Not falling asleep to Youtube until 3:30 AM (alarm strikes at 4:45....). This is bare minimum stuff, I really should be making this 10:30 but that is so close to impossible on Aikido nights you couldn't get a hair in there. 

2500 calories. My caloric averages have been kind of sad lately. My weight is up (119.2lbs of bloated this morning). My energy is down. I need to find creative ways of getting this number up that doesn't involve eating however on the weekdays and eating 3000 calories on the weekend.

Aikido

Jo. I can do half of the Jo Kata I now and keeping it in my brain is a priority. Walk through it a few times, maybe, to keep it fresh? I need to work this stuff back in my life edge-wise. 

Adulting

Chores. I think I can at least nail down the basics this month once again. WE SHALL SEE. Sink, Toilet, Floor, and Kitchen Counters.

New Tires. I need these. The ones on my car have gotten no newer since the end of May. I'm not sure what finances will look like with benefits coming online at the end of the month and tax deductions being adjusted and whatnot, so this is just to keep that on the radar. 

Weekly Debriefs: 

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Mistr said:

Caught up with you after 6 weeks away.

I am so happy to hear that you are out of the hideous old job and into a new job that looks promising!

Yay for Harvey recovering from surgery and being a happy cat!

Good for you for keeping up with lifting, aikido and adulting through All The Stress. You are amazing. I look forward to seeing what happens to your digestion and lifts now that your cortisol levels can recover from fight-or-flight-NOW mode.

Things and stuff happened. This job is much better, if all you care about is noise from inbox and meetings this is fathoms and light years and lifetimes away from Old Job. Nevermind I'm doing actual QA and getting skills inside of 2 weeks that will make me more Qualified for stuff.

It's not been easy to do, but it is what I do. My joints are really, REALLY talking to me. Energy isn't terrible, but there isn't a lot to spare right now, you know? I fully expect it to improve soon-ish. 

11 hours ago, ixaera said:

I am suddenly a mite concerned my pants aren't work-safe

Did I do you a Concern? I am clothes paranoid/clueless--which is a bad combo. HOW DO BUSINESS CASUAL??

• Like 2

7/2/2018

giphy.gif

Never argue with a man who can mow a hedge

Recovery

Sleep - 0/19

2500 calories - 2214 / 2214

Aikido

Jo - 0/8

Adulting

Chores. Sink, Toilet, Floor, Kitchen Counters

New Tires

Bench

45         5

70         5

80         3

90         1

98         1

102       5x1

OHP

45         2x5

55         5

60         5

70         2

75         3x1

60         3x3

The dojo is closed this week. I has a sad. So do my joints. Somehow gymmed anyway. I figured out how to SQL--ALL ON MY OWN. I asked NO ONE. Amazing. There is a hope in Hell that I will be an asset eventually. The gym will have weird hours on the 4th, so squats on Tuesday OMG (spoiler: it was a war). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kishi said:

I feel you. My dojo will be closed tomorrow. Without the judo... I do not know if I will remember even my name. -_-

I just go home and go to bed. Without eating. Nap for 1 - 2 hours before crawling out of bed to do dinner. Basically just like my Tuesdays and Thursdays normally are. Allegedly I am cooking Trout tonight (like, large pieces of 8 -10oz, none of this 6oz nonsense). We shall see. If I weren't married, I might not eat dinner half the week. And consequently not have lunches....

18 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Also, squatz on top of the upper body lifts? :o That is no joke.

My legs were STILL sore this morning. God bless compression knee sleeves. They are magical. Unfortunately they are of no help for elbows that suddenly decide to start a riot.

I do not do consecutive lifting days well. And it always seems to happen when I'm already compromised, which helps not at all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Urgan said:

HOW DO BUSINESS CASUAL??

Take this with a grain of salt because my workplace is on the extremely laid back side of business casual. Typical women's clothes are slacks or a skirt and a top, or a tunic and leggings or even a casual dress if you like. Tops can be anything from fancy T-shirts to blouses. Having a sweater or unstructured blazer to throw over a top is a simple way to make it more professional. My boss says that having a white sweater for summer and a black one for winter covers 90% of the cases.

I got a pair of Croc sandals that are comfy and look decent. Ballerina flats go with everything. Just avoid trainers and you will be fine for shoes. I've been wearing low boots most of the time because they are a little more formal and more comfortable than any women's shoes I could find. Boots really dress up outfits with leggings or yoga slacks.

• Like 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

On 7/3/2018 at 9:49 AM, Urgan said:

Did I do you a Concern? I am clothes paranoid/clueless--which is a bad combo. HOW DO BUSINESS CASUAL??

I usually operate by seeing what other people have on. Does another lady wear skinny jeans? OK ON THE TABLE. Does anyone else go sleeveless? OK GREAT NO SLEEVE WOES

but that doesn't mean I'm not botching the whole thing

Like, does my whole butt need to have a top over it if they're close fitting? Or just part of butt? is a polo too form fitting with skinny jeans??? Should I only tunic??

This is what keeps me up at night

Not that I'm worried my butt is going to attract very much attention, butt we definitely want to avoid all possibility

• Like 3

7/3/2018 + 7/4/2018

giphy.gif

Children be like

Recovery

Sleep - 1/19

2500 calories - 2337 / 2426, 2368

Aikido

Jo - 0/8

Adulting

New Tires

Squat

45            5

140         5

160         3

175         1

185         1

193         3x1

This was a really tough session, given walking in the door my legs were still thrashed by Saturday's volume session. God bless knee sleeves and belt, they really made all the difference in my ability to do 5 reps at 140lbs in that condition. Slowly, slowly worked my way up to 193 and ditched deadlifts since nothing much would get done on either exercise if I tried to do both, you know? But at least I did everything as programmed for squats, plus a bonus rep of 185 because I was honestly not sure I could jump from 175 to 193 that quickly or AT ALL. I'm hoping by Friday this won't be such a concern because I really want to smash 195.

Tuesday was a long, looooong day, given there was nothing much to do directly post-sprint 1 (for me). And by that I mean there was nothing to do. Long day. Came home and had 9.75 oz of trout and half a bag of those Steamfresh veggie made noodles in marinara. Weirdest dinner ever. 

Wednesday was...well, it was something. I fell asleep around 11:30-ish PM and woke up at around noon with some broken sleep because I am an energy-starved creature. This whole sleeping to noon thing is going to have to stop soon--not that I have a lot of say in the matter, I'm just kinda pleading with myself over here. This was the day of driving to the Country and doing that grill out thing with friends who moved waaaaaay the bleep to the middle of nowhere. How nowhere, you ask? Off the Google Maps grid nowhere. Which I found out as I hopped in the car to go there for the first time (my husband drove ahead as he was playing a large role in the grilling and he is prone to want to stay at these kind of things for hours and hours and hours, and I just ain't feeling it). Sights seen on the way: a car crashed in a ditch sideways and pointing the wrong way, had to pass a car that clearly had stopped to pick up a turtle because the driver was holding it out the window, a squirrel that was halfway determined to kill itself by way of my vehicle, and an ad for high speed internet stuck in the grass by some train tracks. Did not get lost, did not miss any turns, the latter of which is a staple of me going anyplace new. Turning off of the paved road was part of the journey and it was a sharp drop between road and...keycode secured gate? This is an odd setup, but it leads after some serious gravel to a lake house.  

The get-together was nice, but I really would have rather used that day to not leave the house at all due to having the tireds and also a headache that never really completely went away. This may have been compounded by constant worry about children of varying ages murdering themselves and/or others in various creative ways only kids are capable of (dive tackling a ball on hardwood, wrestling with big sister and knocking knick-knacks off a shelf with a foot, throwing balls in precarious arcs over kitchen island, crawling under a low clearance table when walking is only a part-time activity, wrestling in general, etc) and my first encounter with the host's mother, who is almost completely deaf. Wonderful woman, but it is kind of an awkward place to be, conversing with a deaf person, you know? She can carry on quite the chat, but I have to be conversations-with-God still and quiet and only focused on catching the one critical word or gesture that will clue me in to what she's talking about. SO awkward because I don't want to treat her any differently, but 75% of the time it was Mandarin to me and I also didn't want to just nod and smile the whole time like a dumbass. So by the time fooding was done and everyone had made up their mind where they wanted to be for the next 3 hours, my head was letting me know its thoughts of this shenanigans and the plans did not involve sitting around craning my neck up in the dark to look at explosions.

So I went home and am glad I did because husbando rolled in late and ain't no way no how curfew would have been made, calories would have been anywhere close to goal (I can't eat enough food in one meal to make 2000 calories happen with a gluten and dairy issue...because basically all I could eat was a plate of meat. Canned baked beans, creamed corn, and cole slaw were the non-meat options and you can see where this would be a problem), and even if curfew had been made I would still be jittery and lose that sleep anyhow. And....if we didn't stay out that long, it would mean forcing him to drive us home and being a big mean party-ending jerk--our Peopling batteries are light years apart, no more so than at this particular moment. I just can't come home, take a shower, go to bed, and expect to be asleep inside of 2 hours. Just can't. 

You may think it worth losing the sleep for fireworks, but I'm just not that into fireworks up close and personal and given that I am in a sleep deficit during a very strange week, it was critical to my sanity for Thursday to have a few hours of just being able to lie down and not Do Things. Unless you count eating the things I'd committed to eat for the day in order to stay within a mile of acceptable macros....

• Like 2

On 7/3/2018 at 2:08 PM, Mistr said:

Take this with a grain of salt because my workplace is on the extremely laid back side of business casual. Typical women's clothes are slacks or a skirt and a top, or a tunic and leggings or even a casual dress if you like. Tops can be anything from fancy T-shirts to blouses. Having a sweater or unstructured blazer to throw over a top is a simple way to make it more professional. My boss says that having a white sweater for summer and a black one for winter covers 90% of the cases.

I got a pair of Croc sandals that are comfy and look decent. Ballerina flats go with everything. Just avoid trainers and you will be fine for shoes. I've been wearing low boots most of the time because they are a little more formal and more comfortable than any women's shoes I could find. Boots really dress up outfits with leggings or yoga slacks.

That's the thing, the range is so large and from looking around it seems like everything but a screen-printed t-shirt and jeans are represented. I just have to find more pants that represent something I'd rather wear on the daily.

I need more boots. I have ankle boots, but they aren't very stylish and work best when essentially covered up. I once could wear some boots that have a heel, but it's gotten where those are too uncomfortable .

20 hours ago, ixaera said:

I usually operate by seeing what other people have on. Does another lady wear skinny jeans? OK ON THE TABLE. Does anyone else go sleeveless? OK GREAT NO SLEEVE WOES

but that doesn't mean I'm not botching the whole thing

Like, does my whole butt need to have a top over it if they're close fitting? Or just part of butt? is a polo too form fitting with skinny jeans??? Should I only tunic??

This is what keeps me up at night

Not that I'm worried my butt is going to attract very much attention, butt we definitely want to avoid all possibility

The struggle is real. Waist to hips ratio means there are often underwear line cover-up ops in effect. AKA why I bemoan losing jeans as an option. 

• Like 1

Oh and one other thing I wanted to mention is my weight is down again into a manageable zone, given how my body is behaving with all this fiber and water business (with calories going up to support what has historically been good operating macros). 

6/18 - 6/24 - 116.1 (avg) - calories @ 2282

6/25 - 6/29 - 117.2 (avg) - calories @ 2336

6/30 - 116.8 - 3064

7/01 - 117.8 - 2030

7/02 - 119.0 - 2214

7/03 - 119.2 - 2426

7/04 - 117.6 - 2368

7/05 - 117.0

An untold story is over the last several days I have had really consistent BMs and yesterday (7/4) there were THREE in that one day. The second was kind of...subpar, let's say. Nevertheless, I am very proud of this. 

I LOVE THOSE BALANCED BREAKS SO MUCH

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

an ad for high speed internet stuck in the grass by some train tracks.

10/10 skeptical..................

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

The get-together was nice, but I really would have rather used that day to not leave the house at all

P. much my actual feelings on 90% of get togethers ever TBF.  I mean, it's not that I'm a total grinch.  But you're right this shit is EXHAUSTING.

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Wonderful woman, but it is kind of an awkward place to be, conversing with a deaf person, you know? She can carry on quite the chat, but I have to be conversations-with-God still and quiet and only focused on catching the one critical word or gesture that will clue me in to what she's talking about. SO awkward because I don't want to treat her any differently, but 75% of the time it was Mandarin to me and I also didn't want to just nod and smile the whole time like a dumbass.

My hearing isn't the best in the world and I have to do this VERY often with people that are low talkers/mumblers/in a noisy area... the concentration is REAL and also very tiring.  And absolutely on catching that one critical word or gesture, it's key to not being the person that's all "can you uh repeat that" 3 times in a row...........

1 minute ago, shaar said:

I LOVE THOSE BALANCED BREAKS SO MUCH

I KNOW RIGHT THERE ARE ONLY TWO THAT DON'T HAVE NUTS AND ONE THAT DOESN'T HAVE MILKY CHOCOLATE MAYBE I SHOULD SWITCH IT UP

2 minutes ago, shaar said:

10/10 skeptical..................

I went at it from a different angle. You have to advertise that? Like the way it's getting with tv companies hawking their garbage product inside the grocery store. I'm thiiiiiis close to complaining to management because when I go in there it's Friday, I'm exhausted, my peopling battery is GONZO, and like fuck all want to cleave skulls fend off hawkers en route to cat litter. Nobody be having trouble finding that shit. Except maybe in the Country.....

5 minutes ago, shaar said:

P. much my actual feelings on 90% of get togethers ever TBF.  I mean, it's not that I'm a total grinch.  But you're right this shit is EXHAUSTING.

I feel bad not going, I feel bad when I'm there and want to be anywhere else on the face of the earth. It's great.

6 minutes ago, shaar said:

My hearing isn't the best in the world and I have to do this VERY often with people that are low talkers/mumblers/in a noisy area... the concentration is REAL and also very tiring.  And absolutely on catching that one critical word or gesture, it's key to not being the person that's all "can you uh repeat that" 3 times in a row...........

OMG this. The noise level in this place was BATS most of the time (squealing children, BBQ cleanup action), so you can imagine how well my auditory comprehension was.

Aw, girl, yeah, that would have fried me something fierce. I think that's one of those situations where I would have enjoyed the drive more than the people, which is jacked-up to admit, but it's not a strictly rational thing.

I hope you get the chance to recharge soon. Going long without it is the pits. :(

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Urgan said:

An untold story is over the last several days I have had really consistent BMs and yesterday (7/4) there were THREE in that one day. The second was kind of...subpar, let's say. Nevertheless, I am very proud of this. 

#PROUDMOMENT lol. I think the moment I started talking about my bowel movements as much as my party/adventure habits I was like "This is it, this is adulthood, you never really know - when am I an adult - but the time is now".

• Haha 4

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

7/5/2018

giphy.gif

Arghlbarbl

Recovery

Sleep - 2/19

2500 calories - 2338 / 2540

Aikido

Jo - 0/8

Adulting

New Tires

Okay so I turned the light off EARLY Thursday night. EARLY. By 4 minutes, but still......early.

Went to bed, then had to turn right around and go to the bathroom after I'd been just 15 minutes ago. ...bodies. But both Thursday and morning and this morning I got out of bed like a human and not like the cryptkeeper arising from its 1000 year slumber. This is the most energetic I have been on a Friday, and that's saying something because I love getting up on Fridays because #OHP = #life The fact that it's the last day of the week is just a bonus. 

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT TODAY, THIS IS THURSDAY'S LOG.

Right.

So. Got to work early, suffered to 4:30 with nothing to do because boss is out for the week and no code has been moved to test aejlejraoepjfae. Left with a righteous old headache. Ran over a nail, which sounded like a shotgun blast, followed by a machine gun rattle tappatappatappa twice and one last anemic little tap like whatever it was had finally died. Had to make a decision at the time whether to stop or keep going, because I had no idea what was now affixed to my car--a board, a nail, a piece of sheet metal, some other car's part?? I elected to keep going, since the noise stopped and I figured it wouldn't get BETTER if I stopped. Good choice, because I made it 30 minutes down what is usually the busiest road in the city and parked at home. Got out and heard hiiiiisssssssss, so it didn't take a genius to deduce what had happened at that point. Had it happened ANY other week, I would have ran out of air sitting in a traffic jam for my hour+ commute back. There you go, your miracle for this Thursday. Remember that thing where we need to get new tires for this car? Yeah. Probably happening two weeks from now, when we'll have the next cash infusion. This biweekly pay life is going to take some getting used to after weekly pay. I do not Not NOT miss having to triplicate my hours every Friday, however. Also, TFW you realize this new hire pay-related shenanigans begins to make sense--deductions for taxes and benefits and whatnot. Like, knowing what information to look for and questions to ask. Priceless.

Did what any sane person would do at this point after tire murder, told my husband about the nail (in-house mechanic ftw--if it's one thing I never have to worry about/make critical decisions), got a shower, and passed out for like 2.5 hours. Then made carbonara because that is what we do. Did not affect my falling asleep for actual bedtime in the slightest. I'm sure that's no shock given my kvetching about energy and whatnot for the last two weeks. Ready for that to be over with like, yesteryear plzkthx.

My macros are on point for this week--126g protein, 202g carbs, 22g fibers, 116g fat, and all on 87g sugar on average--proof I'm not just guzzling junk to hit my numbers. It really helps that most of my sugar comes from dark chocolate and ferments. Beets gots 28g sugar for a can, y'all. I never remember beets being sweet. Maybe it's because mom always opted for the pickled kind when I was younger. Maybe my childhood betrays me. Anyway, weight is at 118.2lbs this morning, but a BM happened after the weigh-in and I don't feel bloated and nasty. Signs say I am handling work better now. All we have to do is make it to the weekend and two glorious days of sleep await.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kishi said:

Aw, girl, yeah, that would have fried me something fierce. I think that's one of those situations where I would have enjoyed the drive more than the people, which is jacked-up to admit, but it's not a strictly rational thing.

I hope you get the chance to recharge soon. Going long without it is the pits. :(

I mean, I can resist social pressure with the best of them, but sometimes you lose even when you win. The drive was certainly more entertaining with the suicidal wildlife and local horses, in spite of my tenuous grasp of where to go lol. I just don't understand extroverts. On the flipside, one of the partygoers got a big surprise when he realized I was a spouse and not a daughter of anyone present lol. Apparently I am too small to be a grown-up, wedding rings be darned.

37 minutes ago, Jord said:

#PROUDMOMENT lol. I think the moment I started talking about my bowel movements as much as my party/adventure habits I was like "This is it, this is adulthood, you never really know - when am I an adult - but the time is now".

Isn't it sad what it's come to? Almost full circle.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Got out and heard hiiiiisssssssss, so it didn't take a genius to deduce what had happened at that point.

AHA!  You've got lizards in your engine!!

(sorrysorrysorry it made me cackle)

Are y'all able to repair the tire with that Magic Tire Repair Spray for the interim, or put on a spare?

18 minutes ago, Urgan said:

. All we have to do is make it to the weekend and two glorious days of sleep await.

tenor.gif?itemid=4207718

• Like 1