1 minute ago, shaar said:

I swear, cats puking in Mystery Locations at 4am is way more effective than any alarm clock.............. 

Is it on the floor, is it on the dresser, is it down the side of the table and into the dirty clothes hamper...? These are the things that get me like

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

OR is it on the living room decorative rug that is the same color of cat puke, and you won't REALIZE it until you STEP on it

Maybe on the kitchen table...

Or in the actual food bowl itself!

A MYRIAD OF OPPORTUNITY

tumblr_o0d8loWWsn1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Just now, shaar said:

OR is it on the living room decorative rug that is the same color of cat puke, and you won't REALIZE it until you STEP on it

Maybe on the kitchen table...

Or in the actual food bowl itself!

A MYRIAD OF OPPORTUNITY

tumblr_o0d8loWWsn1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

Or just beside the food bowl, where Harley loves to pounce on stray cat kibble.

Or down the dresser, scoring a hit on the table, the floor, and the SIDE of the towel bin in the process! We need not settle for one surface!

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Aikido was brutal, it was stupid amounts of conditioning type warmup followed by super-mean two hands on one technique variations that results in more sore joints than not-sore ones. 

Oh really?  Do tell me more.  I'm a masochist. 

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

10 minutes ago, RisenPhoenix said:

Oh really?  Do tell me more.  I'm a masochist. 

WARNING: VERY INCOMPETENT MOVEMENT DESCRIPTIONS AHEAD

So you flip your grabbed wrist over both of theirs and grab their top wrist, shove your free hand into their bottom wrist (grabbing it in the process) and shoot your whole body along the line created by that motion, then you spin out and at this point you could throw them just by stepping back since you  have both of their arms extended slightly behind them. That's variation 1.

Variation 2 doesn't throw them here, but you strike the elbow from below then shihonage them to the ground.

Variation 3 is extra painful and continues from variation 2. After you've shihonage'd them to the ground, you find sankyo and scrub down their opposite ribs with the sankyo hand. This forces them to flip over. Then you gokyo the fingers up into the armpit, forcing them to stand back up. At which point you make their elbow arc forward then over their shoulder and back to throw them AGAIN. From there you'll need to do the rib scrubbing again to get them on their back again. Left foot goes by the arm you're pinning, right knee goes on the back by the shoulder blades, pinning arm needs bent then you crank that arm until they tap for like the third time lol.

If you followed that, you're amazing because I lack the words to do it justice lol.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Teachers get moody sometimes, and then terrible, terrible things happen. It's like a constant of the universe or something.

Oh sweet baby Jesus but he had a smile on his face the whole time. I think he experimented on me to make sure variation 2 was possible. AKA shooting from the hip that day lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

WARNING: VERY INCOMPETENT MOVEMENT DESCRIPTIONS AHEAD

So you flip your grabbed wrist over both of theirs and grab their top wrist, shove your free hand into their bottom wrist (grabbing it in the process) and shoot your whole body along the line created by that motion, then you spin out and at this point you could throw them just by stepping back since you  have both of their arms extended slightly behind them. That's variation 1.

Variation 2 doesn't throw them here, but you strike the elbow from below then shihonage them to the ground.

Variation 3 is extra painful and continues from variation 2. After you've shihonage'd them to the ground, you find sankyo and scrub down their opposite ribs with the sankyo hand. This forces them to flip over. Then you gokyo the fingers up into the armpit, forcing them to stand back up. At which point you make their elbow arc forward then over their shoulder and back to throw them AGAIN. From there you'll need to do the rib scrubbing again to get them on their back again. Left foot goes by the arm you're pinning, right knee goes on the back by the shoulder blades, pinning arm needs bent then you crank that arm until they tap for like the third time lol.

If you followed that, you're amazing because I lack the words to do it justice lol.

Ooooo, sounds lovely. :devilish:

I have thusly warned my younger grading partner of his imminent suffering.

17 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Oh sweet baby Jesus but he had a smile on his face the whole time. I think he experimented on me to make sure variation 2 was possible. AKA shooting from the hip that day lol.

Man, that reminds me of the time my Sensei showed us how to get yonkyo on people's legs.  And he giggled and smiled evilly the entire time.

Pretty sure that's when I started thinking of him as a gremlin.

• Like 2

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

3 minutes ago, RisenPhoenix said:

Ooooo, sounds lovely. :devilish:

I have thusly warned my younger grading partner of his imminent suffering.

Tell him I'm incredibly sorry.

3 minutes ago, RisenPhoenix said:

Man, that reminds me of the time my Sensei showed us how to get yonkyo on people's legs.  And he giggled and smiled evilly the entire time.

Pretty sure that's when I started thinking of him as a gremlin.

That sounds just plain diabolical. Anything with legs frightens me, as I have only seen it and never had it done on me (...yet).

8/7/2018

giphy.gif

Where was this gif yesterday when I needed it??

Recovery

Sleep - 5/25

2350 cals - 2340 : 2321

Fruit

Aikido

Jo - 2/10 

Suwari Waza - 0/5

Adulting

SQL - 41%

Math - 1/5 - 47%

I did not have any good food for lunch and was anticipating imminent starvation, so I Waiter'd myself some Puerto Rican food, another first. Never had plantains before, wasn't tempted to because I hate bananas and plantains look a lot like bananas. Ergo, plantains must suck. Apparently they taste like popcorn? Why was I not informed? I also am certain that something about them my stomach doesn't love. Now I'm not saying anything bad has happened, BM-wise, yet. But if you could bottle the gas I'm occasionally producing, you could probably use it as a biological weapon. Kind of a gastrointestinal warning. Now I had a few (3-4) tostones and about a doze plantain chips, which I consider to be rather modest. Next day weight has me at 119.8lbs, so between these two signs it's not looking good. I do not enjoy making noxious fumes, but there may possibly be a line I can stay on the good side of here. At any rate, my macros are right on target, so I don't believe the weight fluctuation can be pinned on anything but food choice.

SQLing and mathing are on point, so we're all good.

Need to Aikido intensifying.

Maaaan I love plantains.  Mofongo is one of my favorite Puerto Rican dishes ever.  They are kinda popcorn-ey with the right spices, huh..........

Why do all the good foods have to do bad things to us?!!??!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shaar said:

Maaaan I love plantains.  Mofongo is one of my favorite Puerto Rican dishes ever.  They are kinda popcorn-ey with the right spices, huh..........

Why do all the good foods have to do bad things to us?!!??!

It's one of the mysteries of life. Trying to decide if/when I want to retest.

Yay for the PRs!

Too bad about the aftereffects of the tostones. I really like them too. Maybe it was the oil they used for frying them? Probably not, but that makes it worth another experiment.

I should follow your example and do actual testing of my diet components. Something is giving me gas but I haven't been able to track it down. I suspect stress is a factor too.

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

3 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Yay for the PRs!

Progress on squats at long last. I can has moar 1RM PRs nao?

3 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Too bad about the aftereffects of the tostones. I really like them too. Maybe it was the oil they used for frying them? Probably not, but that makes it worth another experiment.

I ate one single solitary plantain chip. It's the size of a quarter. Now we wait.

4 minutes ago, Mistr said:

I should follow your example and do actual testing of my diet components. Something is giving me gas but I haven't been able to track it down. I suspect stress is a factor too.

It's a PITA (harrr...), but it's very, very worth it. I got my mother to stop using creamer in her coffee as an experiment re: her bloatng. She kept complaining about how she was fine when she gets up and then after she has breakfast and for the rest of the day, she feels horrible. Well it follows the breakfast is the problem....she doesn't even miss the milk. 

• Like 1

8/8/2018

giphy.gif

Can't stay awake, can't get up to turn the light off

Recovery

Sleep - 5/25

2350 cals - 2271 : 2134

Fruit

Aikido

Jo - 2/10 

Suwari Waza - 0/5

Adulting

SQL - 41%

Math - 1/5 - 76%

Squat

45           5

105         5

125         3

140         3

160         1

178         5x2

Deadlifts

135         5

145         3

160         3

185         1

203         5x2

Scored a morning PR of sorts with 178lbs, volume and weight. Another thing that is a big deal is I also managed all my deadlift sets, which requires a certain Pacing. As much an issue of time management as it is strength. Speaking of time management, I have met my goal for SQL study and I am ahead of pace on Math. Not so much with my Aikido practice, calories, and sleep. Mega-whoops combo. 

I think it's safe to say my body doesn't love plantains, but the consequences of eating a small amount never caused BM trouble all the way up to as of writing this, so if I ended up eating some by accident, the damage would be minimal except to the air quality. Calories are difficult this week because the low calorie meal assault continues--aka, CBF to go to the store and do anything about it. So we'll just deal. It's not looking good for fruit, tho.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Urgan said:

Calories are difficult this week because the low calorie meal assault continues--aka, CBF to go to the store and do anything about it. 

Ugh, this was me last week.  Rice for breakfast 'cause it's all we've got and it's easy?  SOUNDS FINE

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, shaar said:

Ugh, this was me last week.  Rice for breakfast 'cause it's all we've got and it's easy?  SOUNDS FINE

We'll survive this, somehow. Me and my jar of mushrooms.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Urgan said:

It's a PITA (harrr...), but it's very, very worth it. I got my mother to stop using creamer in her coffee as an experiment re: her bloatng. She kept complaining about how she was fine when she gets up and then after she has breakfast and for the rest of the day, she feels horrible. Well it follows the breakfast is the problem....she doesn't even miss the milk. 

I suspect that cream was a contributor to my issues too. I really like cream in my coffee. No coffee this challenge, and things are getting better. I'm still eating ice cream made with heavy cream. The next stage in the experiment is to make coconut milk ice cream without dairy. It's for SCIENCE, right?

7 hours ago, Urgan said:

Calories are difficult this week because the low calorie meal assault continues--aka, CBF to go to the store and do anything about it. So we'll just deal. It's not looking good for fruit, tho.

I hear you on the difficulty of getting good food. Luckily we went to Costco months ago and still have giant bags of frozen veggies. We have plenty of ingredients but no food. I'd be amazed and delighted if one of the guys did something about that. I expect to be on subsistence rations until I have time to cook.

• Like 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

8/9/2018

giphy.gif

Friends

Recovery

Sleep - 6/25

2350 cals - 2270 : 2267

Fruit

Aikido

Jo - 3/10 

Suwari Waza - 1/5

Adulting

SQL - 46%

Math - 2/5 

Sadly the jar of mushrooms perished before the day was over. RIP, little one. 

I can say the noxious fumes have subsided, but my weight is doing its own thing pretty much. Might take a few days to redevelop a pattern, I'm not sure. I will compare this weekend's numbers against last weekend's since that is when I have had the longest fasting period (sleeping in) with the greatest potential to get rid of as much water and waste as possible. AKA truest sense of actual bodyweight. I was in the 117s then, so we'll see if I jump back down to that area this weekend. This week I've occupied both 119 and 118, due I PRESUME to the plantains and salty food, because I've been pretty good about my calorie ceiling. I've almost got 2 weeks of this target under my belt, I should be seeing results to judge current macro target effectiveness. I want to stabilize out and see if the results work for me. Until then, I will tweak as necessary. Presumably this superior digestive situation will make me get more out of what I eat, which would translate to needing to eat slightly less for similar results. I think. If I am not at 117 soon, I will need to take calories down a bit more.

See I want to be careful, because there is a line between getting rid of the unhelpful fluff at the lower ab area and tanking my performance, and I'd really not like to go there lol. I'm doing so well at that and all, part of me thinks I'll be better off without the fluff, but if the price of that is me weeks of progress then I'm going to proceed with caution. Slowly slowly slowly we creep down the number on the scale....or at least pin it down somewhere plz. 

Also the sores on my forearms, left thigh, and shoulders/back (biased to left side) have returned. I am wondering if they are ingrown hairs that I'm scratching and creating sores or if they are acne. Scrubbing shoulder with face wash to test for the acne. Gonna buy some 5-blade razors again and OBSERVE. I am doing all the exciting cutting-edge science over here. 

giphy.gif

Otherwise I did good on my curfew for once this week. I was a little over, but the convergence of Adulting, Aikido, and trying to cram in some food to get close to macros cost me a few minutes. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mistr said:

I suspect that cream was a contributor to my issues too. I really like cream in my coffee. No coffee this challenge, and things are getting better. I'm still eating ice cream made with heavy cream. The next stage in the experiment is to make coconut milk ice cream without dairy. It's for SCIENCE, right?

I entertain this delusion that more people share my situation--that is, sorta being able to eat certain things, but it comes with a Price--than they realize (yet). 

17 hours ago, Mistr said:

I hear you on the difficulty of getting good food. Luckily we went to Costco months ago and still have giant bags of frozen veggies. We have plenty of ingredients but no food. I'd be amazed and delighted if one of the guys did something about that. I expect to be on subsistence rations until I have time to cook.

Did you get foods??

40 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Did you get foods??

Last night I made the remaining hamburger into meatballs, cooked those, and added them to marinara sauce that Elf made last weekend. Score one for using up meat before it went bad.

We picked up CSA veggies last night. Those are still ingredients. The CSA newsletter had a recipe for carrot ginger soup that I want to make this weekend. I can use up a couple bags of carrots and some of the turkey stock that is still in the freezer from last Turkey Day. Also to be cooked: broccoli, kale, tomatos, small green peppers (shishitos - what are these?) and beans. I'll pick up some mozzarella and make the tomatos into salad.

Lunch today is a brat (score for using up the package!) and Costco stir-fry veggies. I brought dates and almonds for a snack. Not low cal, but no processed sugar.

Dumbledore is going to Costco today. I gave him a short list. I expect he will come home with two big boxes of stuff. At least he knows we are trying to empty the freezer. Maybe there will only be one big box of stuff. We have plenty of frozen protein but nothing thawed for cooking today or this weekend.

• Like 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

See I want to be careful, because there is a line between getting rid of the unhelpful fluff at the lower ab area and tanking my performance, and I'd really not like to go there lol. I'm doing so well at that and all, part of me thinks I'll be better off without the fluff, but if the price of that is me weeks of progress then I'm going to proceed with caution. Slowly slowly slowly we creep down the number on the scale....or at least pin it down somewhere plz. 

I hear ya. This is a hard line to be on the right side of, especially given how blurry it is. Stay steady and deliberate with your choices.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Last night I made the remaining hamburger into meatballs, cooked those, and added them to marinara sauce that Elf made last weekend. Score one for using up meat before it went bad.

We picked up CSA veggies last night. Those are still ingredients. The CSA newsletter had a recipe for carrot ginger soup that I want to make this weekend. I can use up a couple bags of carrots and some of the turkey stock that is still in the freezer from last Turkey Day. Also to be cooked: broccoli, kale, tomatos, small green peppers (shishitos - what are these?) and beans. I'll pick up some mozzarella and make the tomatos into salad.

Lunch today is a brat (score for using up the package!) and Costco stir-fry veggies. I brought dates and almonds for a snack. Not low cal, but no processed sugar.

Dumbledore is going to Costco today. I gave him a short list. I expect he will come home with two big boxes of stuff. At least he knows we are trying to empty the freezer. Maybe there will only be one big box of stuff. We have plenty of frozen protein but nothing thawed for cooking today or this weekend.

Well you stepped up and made it happen.

I love the idea of CSAs, but I have this thing about food waste, in that I fear it. We had a fridge clean of leftovers before dinner last night, and after we had a portion for each of us for today's lunch. If I went home without stopping by the store today, the middle of our fridge would be essentially bare aside from a BB and 2 bottles of Cocokefir I'm sure I can't eat, Mike doesn't want, but #foodwaste Weekly Food Planning OCD Life. 

Addit: to be clear, I'm not saying anything about anyone else's approach to meals, I'm just afraid I wouldn't know how to make use of all that produce before they expire lol. I barely can keep up with like two fresh veggies a week.

35 minutes ago, Kishi said:

I hear ya. This is a hard line to be on the right side of, especially given how blurry it is. Stay steady and deliberate with your choices.

I'm only moving on this because comfort matters. I can't keep buying new clothes and the 2500 macro was temporary anyway. 

• Like 2

8/10/2018 - 8/12/2018

giphy.gif

Excuse me, this one is extra-crazy and I ordered a slightly crazy?

Recovery

Sleep - 7/25

2350 cals - 2276 : 2372, 2444, 2036

Fruit

Aikido

Jo - 4/10 

Suwari Waza - 2/5

Adulting

SQL - 52%

Math - 2/5 

Friday

OHP

45         3x5

55         3

60         1

67         1

72         5x2

Bench

45         5

55         5

65         3

75         3

85         1

95         5x3

Session felt pretty good, a little tiny bit on the heavy side when I got to bench, but okay. Friday crawled by, due to End of Sprint. 

Saturday

Squat

45           10

105         5

125         3

140         1

160         1

188         5x2

Deadlifts

135         5

145         3

160         3

185         1

215         6x2

This may sound really stupid, but squats felt heavier than I expected. Detecting some decrease in performance. Not enough to stop me from completing the prescribed programming, mind you, and then adding a set to deadlifts because I was busy jawing with a gym dude about programming and college and stuff. 

Our new cat water fountain clogged up with cat hair and the water smelled like fish tank water and someone managed to get barf UNDER the thing.....discovered at 1AM. Adulting hardcore, y'all.

I had a truly Interesting dream as well.

Humanity lives in a deep below water city made of glass (because of COURSE). I am approached by my boss(es) and the client where said bosses have promised me, the QA person, that I will come up with their product (suspiciously sounding like a paper document...) all by myself. Spent most of the whole time being shadowed and harassed by said client for status while trying to do my job also the giant glass city is slowly imploding due to water pressure. Panic in the streets. Somehow I end up saving some girl from the chaos and steer her toward temporary safety, at which point the logical thing to do is turn into a dragon and make for the Surface. 

The End.

This prompts more questions than answers about how my subconscious processes my career path.

Also I would set so many things on fire. So very many things.

Sunday

I Adulted so hard, so thoroughly, so very. I marinated beer chicken at noon for dinner, cleaned countertops, moved cat stuff so husband could vacuum, mopped the ENTIRE kitchen and bathroom floor, and did all the normal stuff. And took a nap. BOOM.

And in exciting news that is only of interest to a subset of you, but Shark Week made itself known in the evening. Why is this exciting? Because I was afraid that my Shark Week operates on a 5 week paradigm, which would push it out a week from now (striking next Saturday at the earliest). But no, it's here on the old post-BC schedule. I wonder if this and my weight gain is a partial indicator of my stress levels falling??

Speaking of weight, I'm bobbing around the 119lb mark at the highest, so we're no longer getting 120lbs on the scale. Did I ever tell you about the time I accidentally logged 3 squares of chocolate when I ate 4 squares for like, a month or so? I assumed it WAS for the 4, which added 50 calories every day to a bulk allowace of 200 calories, so. That didn't help. I'm going to go back and do a report on the difference this makes just to amuse myself. Will report back my findings shortly.