Hips. 34.5 - 34.5 - 0

Thigh L. 21 - 21.3 - .3

Thigh R. 21 - 21.3 - .3

Aikido

Jo. 2/10

Tech Review. 1/5

Adulting

Math. 1/5 - 42%

I honestly can't say anything of particular note happened today aside from that flipping package getting to its destination and we had copious amounts of trout for dinner. 

I can sense a sugar audit coming on. It makes more sense than worrying about fat sources for now, because I ~think~ most of them are good. A protein bar and canned oysters are the only likely suspects TBPH. Maybe later I'll break out the magnifying glass for that issue. I am liking the way I am feeling in general, though this may be in large part due to Shark Week playing hide-and-I'm-not-really-seeking-but-come-on-now. 

Need to review karate tournament bracketing rules so I won't fail on Saturday in the event--God forbid--I am the most experienced person at my ring, which is volunteering time for said same. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

15 minutes ago, shaar said:

THERE TIMMY YOU GOT YOUR GOT DANG PACKAGE NOW FRICK OFF FOREVER

I was genuinely worried that it wouldn't be delivered timely because clearly this person would be crawling the wall over it. Can't control it after I dump it in the blue bin... 

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

10/10/2018

giphy.gif

I know where I stand

Nutrition 

2200 Calories. 2226 : 2197

110 Protein. 109 : 104

192 Carbs. 165 : 193

20 Fiber. 22 : 27

110 Fats. 122 : 109

<50 Sugar. 1/18

Measures 

Waist. 25 - 25.1 - .1

Navel. 0 - 26 - 0

Hips. 34.5 - 34.5 - 0

Thigh L. 21 - 21.3 - .3

Thigh R. 21 - 21.3 - .3

Aikido

Jo. 2/10

Tech Review. 1/5

Adulting

Math. 1/5 - 64%

Squat

45           5

115         5

125         3

145         3

160         1

181         5x2

Deadlifts

135         5

145         5

165         3

185         1

208         5x2

It's a miracle, guys. I did my entire lower body session on a Wednesday morning. It's due to working in with a guy (if we're being technical, the thing we were sharing was the space, not the bar per say, because he was deadlifting right nearby and I was squatting. Doing so simultaneously would have been.....awkward) and sticking to his rhythm, more or less. I didn't feel pressured to not jump into work sets before I was ready, but more often than not there was enough rest to be had. He's an actual lifter, not a dudebro, which helps make this harmony possible. 

I kind of sneaked another measurement into my stable of stats--the navel, because that's more or less the part I am least proud of and about half the point of the exercise of tracking measurements. Speaking of, I have no idea what they are going to do this weekend because Shark Week is being stupid and late. Of course it is, this is the weekend twice a year where it's Different than I ever do. Sigh. Still need to review tournament bracketing rules.....

Also adding sugar tracking, with a twist--I only really care about it being below 50g, because that is completely reasonable I should be able to ditch an average of 10g sugar without expiring. I'll allow a little more flexibility on Friday because I might just need it (presently) to survive. No other dietary changes on tap for the rest of this week. * coughs * I feel like I am doing fairly well at hitting my targets and might be able to shift 5% more in favor of fats--logistically, I can totally do this based on current diet. Whether it works in the practical sense of me not crashing and burning is another matter.

Work was one of those days where what you need is absolutely nobody's priority and everyone ignores you so you warm a chair all day and wonder why you're even there.

Dojo was kata. gokyo and munetsuki gokyo. Did fairly well at those, I feel pretty good about that. Trickiest bit is securing the arm right away, otherwise the technique just won't fly.

Gonna need to work on jo and technique review tonight or else those goals are going to be in jeopardy.

• Like 2

Hahahahahaha I spent a good minute laughing at that gif.............

47 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Work was one of those days where what you need is absolutely nobody's priority and everyone ignores you so you warm a chair all day and wonder why you're even there.

UKcEk.gif

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

51 minutes ago, shaar said:

UKcEk.gif

Actual reenactment of my day yesterday. And now predictably all the shit has hit all the fans and I suddenly need to be three people right. this. minute.

• Sad 1

10/11/2018

giphy.gif

Office space

Nutrition 

2200 Calories. 2155 : 2083

110 Protein. 121 : 133

192 Carbs. 157 : 149

20 Fiber. 21 : 20

110 Fats. 113 : 104

<50 Sugar. 2/18

Measures 

Waist. 25 - 25.1 - .1

Navel. 0 - 26 - 0

Hips. 34.5 - 34.5 - 0

Thigh L. 21 - 21.3 - .3

Thigh R. 21 - 21.3 - .3

Aikido

Jo. 2/10

Tech Review. 2/5

Adulting

Math. 1/5 - 85%

Today was Chaos running rampant, with blood, death, and destruction in the streets. Conflict between two groups about release scheduling, wherein we would be rushed to deploy things that were not given adequate test time yet the group cracking the whip is also finding bugs post-approval because they want us to deploy NOW. This puts QA right in the center of the crushing zone when the two schools of thought collide. Fortunately I got to put a word in about my feelings on how yesterday went, FWIW, and the one wanting to GO GO GO didn't really have a comeback to it. Not they can't just say "Yeah, well you're going to do it." and override me, if not my boss who is in the more methodical camp anyway. CHAOS.

I am essentially eating at an additional 5% shift on average of carbs vs fats. The temptation to adjust MFP accordingly is strong since I feel pretty good given the stress that has been flying around. Something is causing me to have bad BMs and Shark Week is barely showing at all as to be very late. I am wondering if the two are connected. I don't think it's (just) oatmeal, it may be some other newly added Thing. I have suspicions, but no direct proof. Gonna start with the hummus. 

A good thing of sorts is I am hovering right at the 119lb line for the last three months, which about how long I've been trying to do a little body composition control. Theoretically diet cleanup + a possible small reduction in calories would be enough to get me there. Cleanup first because messing with both at once is cray.

17 hours ago, Mistr said:

Of course, as it always does. Probably with Shark Week fun on top of it.

I hope things calm down and you can enjoy the weekend.

I kind of wish it would have shown up remotely as scheduled. As it is now, it's a guessing game and I HATE guessing.

It's gonna have to be calmer today because the programmer saddled with making things happen for the contested functionality is on PTO. God be praised, something is forcing some sanity in the pacing. 

12 hours ago, ixaera said:

:S 

hopefully you have successfully merged back into just one person by now

My multithreading experiment came back a fail. Turns out you can't be told to test a bunch of changes and regression test and find bugs and test bug fixes and look for new bugs all in one day and it all work out. Huh.

Yeesh, your work stress sounds awful. My work has been too busy, but at least we all are still being nice to each other.

What sort of weight and composition changes do you hope to see? 

You have been so consistent for so long about tracking your eating. I thought you were pretty much where you wanted to be and were concentrating on GI happiness and strength gains.

• Like 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

2 hours ago, Mistr said:

Yeesh, your work stress sounds awful. My work has been too busy, but at least we all are still being nice to each other.

It's not gotten to uncivil (...yet. There are still 3 hours left.), it's just competing ideas of what the right course of action should be. Now it's like playing whack-a-mole. What's fixed breaks something else...later, rinse, repeat.

2 hours ago, Mistr said:

What sort of weight and composition changes do you hope to see? 

You have been so consistent for so long about tracking your eating. I thought you were pretty much where you wanted to be and were concentrating on GI happiness and strength gains.

I'm wanting to get back to the way my pants fit when I was around 116-117lbs aka when I took this job and started eating 2500 calories to avoid dying. This is complicated by the fact that I don't really care about the number on the scale, the measurements around my middle are favorite to come down a bit because I know for certain that is 0% muscle development since June lol. And I couldn't tell you what those measurements were because I was happy enough with it then and wasn't tracking. Even then my navel/waist area was on the rise, I just wasn't caring because my pants were still fitting and those were a different set than now lol. So It's Complicated. 

I don't see why you have trouble seeing what my goals are lol. What is wrong with you?

I only weigh 119-120lbs depending on which day you're measuring. You're probably thinking, cry me a river I could probably get a cheesegrater and shave off that off for you. I know. I'm not living in agony over it. If I was, I'd just jump down to 1900 calories and call it a life given I'm now reliably see-sawing in that 1 lb range. I'll slowly drop the calories 'til the numbers start to move (the measurements...scale weight is just an indicator that I'm not just flailing around over here. This isn't the only experiment I'm running--I'm playing with increased fat--and it's intended to work in concert with total calories and keeping sodium in check toward a goal of better body comp while keeping my energy levels where they need to be. Fiddly.

I'm not getting fatter, so even if I held calories in place, theoretically I'd eventually outwork 2200 as maintenance.

Gonna have to wear a pair of jeans while flailing about trying to help rather than screw up a karate tournament ring tomorrow, so that'll be interesting. 

TFW the girl checking you out at Sprouts tells you not to go into retail because crazy stuff happens in retail.

I was all like, giiiirl I worked at Walmart, so I know.

She repeated the first part of my reply. Guys I have retail cred lol.

• Like 2

10/12/2018 - 10/14/2018

giphy.gif

I'M HEALED

Nutrition 

2200 Calories. 2116 : 2098, 2145, 2067

110 Protein. 112 : 125, 110, 92

192 Carbs. 148 : 164, 146, 123

20 Fiber. 27 : 32, 18, 38

110 Fats. 118 : 105, 121, 134

<50 Sugar. 4/18

Measures 

Waist. 25.1 - 24.8 - -.3

Navel. 29 - 29 - 0

Hips. 34.5 - 32.7 - -1.8

Thigh L. 21 - 20.8 - -.2

Thigh R. 21 - 20.8 - -.2

Aikido

Jo. 4/10

Tech Review. 2/5

Adulting

Math. 2/5 

Friday

OHP

45         2x5

50         3

55         3

68         1

73         4x2

73.5      2

75         2

Bench

45         5

60         5

65         3

75         3

85         1

96         3x3

So I thought I was going to hit a 2RM PR of 73lbs on OHP, but turns out I've done that weight for a triple last 3s session lol. #sadtrombone  Jumped to 75lbs to score a proper 2RM PR, at which point the press was moving better than the 73s. Go figure. As with last week, my weight is sticking closely to 119.6lbs. Given how I borked my hormones into a week of spotting pre-Shark Week (which has since actually arrived properly...), I am happy with static vs cra-razytown. 

Speaking of crazytown, that work day. UGH. I had to work very closely with my boss and the analyst team to rapidfire test and report back what changed for better and worse until right at the last minute we got it right....then I found an unrelated bug and arglebargle. Ironically, at the end of the day I had more energy than I usually do at the end of a Friday, much less a nutty one like this one. Fell asleep around 10~PM, woke up at 1AM, ate guac, went back to bed. The things we do to technically hit macros.

It was a "high" sugar day, aka more typical of weeks prior to this one lol. This was planned, but still counts against my total, strictly speaking.

Saturday

Squat

45           5

115         5

125         3

145         1

160         1

185         1

191         4x2--2RM PR + 1LB!!

191         3--3RM PR + 1LB!!

Deadlifts

135         5

145         3

165         3

185         1

221         4x2--2RM PR + 1LB!!

221         3--3RM PR + 1LB!!

Took my measurements this day. I am still working on becoming consistent on how to do this whole measuring thing. I do think I have my ducks in a row finally lol. Such a simple thing, yet so fiddly. 

Karate tournament day. The day I usually make an idiot of myself and leave feeling tense, achy, and exhausted. It wasn't that bad this time. The Ring I was helping with had a team that had their mess more or less together. We did make some mistakes, but none of them were division-breaking cluster-farkles. I gave myself a mild heart attack between one division and the next. I had to leave the table to usher the prior division to the awards table, so my tablemates had to call up the next pair of karateka. When I got back the charter updated me on who had gone (pair 1) was on deck to compete (pair 2), so by extension I could know who to on-deck next (pair 3). So I did that, and pair 3 went up, and as they were competing I freaked out because pair 2 were sitting on the tournament bracket happily unresolved with a winner because they hadn't gone. OMG. Talked to charter and was like, okay well we haven't mis-paired anybody and she was like, could have sworn one of the boys on the mat was one of the guys from pair 2 (suggesting we HAD managed to switch people around). I look down at my boards and I'm like, but these are the guys who I called up (Pair 3). I don't Know any of these people because I know nothing about our own karate program lol. So I'm like, depressed and panicked because this had managed to happen (we were doing So Well up until then)...when the kid came up to tell us his name and it was one of the names on my boards I was sooooo relieved like, Whoa. Charter's explanation was the kids they had called for Pair 2 just...didn't come up? So we backed up, had Pair 2, compete, and merrily rolled along. Guys I get so tense doing these things you don't even know.

I brought the carbs and the protein with a protein bar and some tortilla chips, along with preworkout and painkiller may have saved my life this day. It definitely saved my gym session. I did in fact go after the stress fest of volunteering, which is a karate tournament first for me. I usually just go to bed and wallow in a headache for several hours. But this time I did my squats and deads and totally scored an unwarranted 3RM PR on both lol. I left the gym feeling Pretty Darn Good about myself.

I again opted out of takeout and made my own vittles. Macros, I admit, have been adjusted in MFP to reflect what I am actually doing and literally an additional 5% shift is right on target. Seeking to balance the Force here. Protein, carbs, fats, fiber, and sorta keep an eye on sugar and sodium is tricky. I think I have put my food choices on rails that will default to lower-moderate sodium. Lowering chocolate consumption helps keep sugar under control. Once I eat through my chip supply that will do a lot for carb control since I'll just plug fat sources in their place for the moment. Maybe not entirely replace them with fats given I am needy post-Aikido. I have been having normal BMs, so guac isn't the cause of last week's BM shenanigans. Oatmeal or hummus. Hummus or oatmeal. We shall see, maybe. Maybe I'll just not eat those things and be done with it lol.

Again, felt pretty good all the way up until 11:30~ when I fell asleep and had to get back up at 2:30 to hang up laundry to dry (NOT. OPTIONAL.). I have noticed an up-tick in quality of life lately that's at odds with the fact that I am right in the middle of essentially a two-week Shark Special. Completely out of left field. Maybe it's pure adrenaline and I'll collapse in a heap by Tuesday. STAY TUNED, Y'ALL.

Sunday

The good-feels continued. I never felt like my energy just tanked. I did have a bonus half bottle of kombucha in the early evening, in full disclosure. No other atypical stimulants were had from Friday to as of writing this, however. First sodium atrocity since going back to mildly caring about those number, in the form of ham and bean soup. I did cut sodium in half from prior batches, FWIW, and it still tasted amazing. Shark Week started for reals, which was actually a relief because that means eventually it will have to stop. It seems to love 3s week. When it deviates from the plan, it holds off for 3s week. I'm...not a fan of this approach. Not that it stopped me, of course....

Last minute jo, bokken, and technique review + finishing off the mathing FTW. I am starting to pull together a few techniques from memory. Huzzah. More nodding and smiling the Cal--we have struck integration and I am understanding the theory okay enough (Limits = how close can you get to a point without arriving, derivatives = function's rate of change, integration = area/volume under a curve) but quite happy to never be forced to apply it ATM. If my life depended on my Calculus knowledge...well, it was nice knowing you guys. That said, I will likely be revisiting these concepts in another format to try to make sure they "stick."  

10/15/2018

giphy.gif

...and this time, it's personal

Nutrition 

2200 Calories. 2198 : 2198

110 Protein. 90 : 90

165 Carbs. 150 : 150

20 Fiber. 33 : 33

122 Fats. 134 : 134

<50 Sugar. 5/18

Measures 

Waist. 25.1 - 24.8 - -.3

Navel. 29 - 29 - 0

Hips. 34.5 - 32.7 - -1.8

Thigh L. 21 - 20.8 - -.2

Thigh R. 21 - 20.8 - -.2

Aikido

Jo. 4/10

Tech Review. 2/5

Adulting

Math. 2/5 - 23%

Bench

45         3

65         3

75         3

85         3

101       5x3--3RM PR + 1LB!!

OHP

45         3

50         3

60         3

65         3

73.5      3--3RM PR + .5LB!!

69         3x3

Talk about a mixed bag day. I scored some sweet 3RM PRs, meaning I have PR'd all four lifts in two sessions back-to-back. That's pretty cool. If I can keep this up, it'll be that way going forward. 

...and then Shark Week hit. After a week of messing around, it appears to have decided to put all its symptom chips on red. Just call me Noah, because we're going to need a bigger boat. This resulted in an absolutely miserable day involving two trips to the car. Somehow survived the day and dojo'd. We reviewed ye olde kotegaeshi (from rear elbow grab) and sankyo from behind. Did fairly well, figured out why my kotegaeshi tenkan has always been excrement: I have happy feet and take too many steps. Go figure. 

• Like 1

10/16/2018

giphy.gif

....so, how are things going?

Nutrition 

2200 Calories. 2161 : 2123

110 Protein. 90 : 150

165 Carbs. 120 : 95

20 Fiber. 21 : 9

122 Fats. 129 : 124

<50 Sugar. 6/18

Measures 

Waist. 25.1 - 24.8 - -.3

Navel. 29 - 29 - 0

Hips. 34.5 - 32.7 - -1.8

Thigh L. 21 - 20.8 - -.2

Thigh R. 21 - 20.8 - -.2

Aikido

Jo. 4/10

Tech Review. 2/5

Adulting

Math. 2/5 - 46%

Nutrition is chugging right along. I seem to have flipped Protein and Carbs from Monday to Tuesday lol. Not ideal, but these things happen. Miserably awful BM + Shark Week = Are We Done with Tuesday Yet? I seem to have eaten a Bad. Maybe it was Unauthorized Cheese, maybe it was something in dinner at my parents' (beef stew...maybe flour was used to thicken the sauce...IDK). I will repeat the use of the cheese and if I die, carve that colby jack on my tombstone for me, will you? Keeping the sugar down while hitting other macros AND preserving my (reduced) chocolate ration has been tricky, but I've been managing. Just barely, by a couple grams at times, but managing. 

It's hard to tell energy levels when you are bored at work for reasons beyond your control and want to jump off a roof to be done with feeling gross. Gym performance has been on point, so I guess there's little to complain about on that front. 

Weight decided to randomly be 118.6lbs this morning when it's been loving life at 120~ lately. Very predictable up to this point, though. 119.6 - 120.6/8 alternative non-gym and gym days, respectively. It's mainly weird because on gym days it never wants to drop (2 hours less sleep will do that for you). I mean, I'm fine with that, it's just weird. Watch it be 120.6 tomorrow, just watch....

Goddamnit Unauthorized Cheese.  If it kills you again I'll get revenge for you by eating it all, because really, what else are friends for?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shaar said:

Goddamnit Unauthorized Cheese.  If it kills you again I'll get revenge for you by eating it all, because really, what else are friends for?

To prepare you for the possibility, Sprouts makes some darn good colby jack actually.

• Like 1

10/17/2018

giphy.gif

Sailing away

Nutrition 

2200 Calories. 2184 : 2207

110 Protein. 111 : 131

165 Carbs. 136 : 152

20 Fiber. 18 : 14

122 Fats. 122 : 115

<50 Sugar. 7/18

Measures 

Waist. 25.1 - 24.8 - -.3

Navel. 29 - 29 - 0

Hips. 34.5 - 32.7 - -1.8

Thigh L. 21 - 20.8 - -.2

Thigh R. 21 - 20.8 - -.2

Aikido

Jo. 4/10

Tech Review. 2/5

Adulting

Math. 2/5 - 69%

Squat

45           3

125         3

145         3

160         3

181         3x3

Deadlifts

135         3

150         3

170         3

200         3

210         3x3

181         3

Morning PRs for both, I think there is room to increase morning intensity on deadlifts now. Maybe. It happened here anyway.

After work I found out that mom is rearranging furniture, favorite being glass top tables that weren't going to move themselves. The crown jewel was a low table with glass taller than me and around 3 of me wide, which made getting it down the hall and down some steps a bit tricky, but by God we moved that thing. At the very last moment mom got all concerned about placing it "right" on its table base and I made fun of her for being silly about having to get it right the very first time we set it on the base or else it would be the end of all life. Unfortunately the cushions between glass and table are sticky, so we had the added challenge of unsticking the cushions, popping them back in their receptacles, and making another go at it. I think she's trying to position the house to sell it and in the meantime is attempting to better their living environment by way of buying new furniture and jettisoning other stuff. I'm not a big fan of changing anything unless it has become almost pre-cancerous, so I'm not exactly thrilled with part of what she's signalling. OTOH, her scurrying around rearranging the proverbial deck chairs is more like what she used to do than recently where the house has almost gotten to be too much for her given a huge lifestyle shift after moving in. 

Dojo time wasn't very fun. We basically did a randori drill that I hate for half the class, and randori that I'm straight-up afraid of for my structural integrity so that was a good night. I haven't done any practice outside of the dojo yet, naughty.

No cheese because the macros demanded hummus, which is another slightly suspect food. 

10/18/2018

giphy.gif 

Just Shark Things

Nutrition 

2200 Calories. 2152 : 2121

110 Protein. 114 : 116

165 Carbs. 139 : 141

20 Fiber. 20 : 21

122 Fats. 121 : 119

<50 Sugar. 8/18

Measures 

Waist. 25.1 - 24.8 - -.3

Navel. 29 - 29 - 0

Hips. 34.5 - 32.7 - -1.8

Thigh L. 21 - 20.8 - -.2

Thigh R. 21 - 20.8 - -.2

Aikido

Jo. 4/10

Tech Review. 2/5

Adulting

Math. 3/5 

I am detecting weight is trending slightly lower than earlier in the week and gravitating toward an average of 119.9lbs, so yay that. Otherwise, this was an unremarkable day. Stiiiill did not Aikido, which is boo. Made Far East Beef and Rice, with a bit less rice and a bit better planning. It's supposed to be cooked on stovetop, but I've jerry-rigged it into a pressure cooker recipe so I could take a 40 minute siesta. Three stages: beef + bell pepper + sugar snaps, rice + mushrooms, eggs. I actually scrambled them this time, which is better than just dumping them in at the end (the lazy method). It turned out really well. Super tired Wednesday and Thursday, but Friday morning has been good so I'm chalking it up to Shark Week saying bon voyage. 

10/19/2018 - 10/21/2018

giphy.gif

I'll just be down here if you need me

Nutrition 

2200 Calories. 2151 : 2101, 2082, 2226

110 Protein. 120 : 113, 108, 128

165 Carbs. 114 : 157, 151, 142

20 Fiber. 20 : 15, 17, 30

122 Fats. 118 : 111, 109, 117

<50 Sugar. 10/18

Measure

Waist. 24.8 - 24.0 - -.8

Navel. 29 - 28.0 -1

Hips. 34.5 - 34.5 - 0*

Thigh L. 20.8 - 20.8 - 0

Thigh R. 20.7 - 20.7 - 0

*I voided last week's hip measurement because I clearly failed at taking a proper measurement there based on the fact that my butt was not included. There isn't much fluctuation in the prior entries, suggesting this area will be resistant to anything shy of a serious cut and that isn't my priority right now.

Aikido

Jo. 6/10

Tech Review. 2/5

Adulting

Math. 3/5 

Friday

OHP

45         3

50         3

60         3

65         3

73.5      5x3

70         3

Bench

45         3

65         3

75         3

85         3

95         6x3

Well this went a lot better than last week's OHP intensity session lol. I'm noticing a phenomenon where it takes me 3-4 sets to really feel in-the-groove with the working weight. Not just for OHP, but really for squat and bench, too. Deadlift is the only one behaving as one would expect, where the 1st set is easiest and the last one feels like death. It might have something to do with being the act that follows squats and unlike upper body, I'm doing high intensity for both on the same day because I'm not able to flip the kill switch in the mornings for truly max effort lower body stuff. Maybe some day. 

Work compensated for the success in the gym by doing everything it could to push my buttons. I think I may be allergic to "fun" and "excitement" because if you want derail my life make me go to a go-kart track, a comedy club, or something way out in the sticks that means I have to drive an hour + over my usual hour commute late into the night. There's something majorly ironic about having to hit 3 highways in near rush hour traffic to go to a little bumper track and race tiny karts around in a circle for 2-ish hours, but i just can't put my finger on it.

I successfully dodged having to go to this very same track at Old Job because I basically started ignoring everything my department wanted to do that wasn't coming straight from the crooked briar-filled path most people call an org hierarchy chart. I...don't like rides, racing, or even racing in videos games. So...I didn't do it. Even the guy for whom it was physically uncomfortable to cram his tall, tall frame into the too-small kart was trying to get me to try it and I'm like, no I don't like this stuff I'm doing the ax throwing. I did that, even hit the target twice. Then I got back on those highways where someone decided they would drive as if the most busy road in the city was a kart track and that meant it took an hour to get to the store to get groceries. Yay. Oh what fun. The thrill. By which point I had quite the headache (OHP day + ax throwing + serious anxiety = ow). Ended up falling asleep propped up on my back with my glasses and the lights still on. The position I am least likely to fall asleep in, ordinarily lol. Pile this on top of the hormone issues and Shark Week juuuuust ending and it's a wonder I survived.

On the plus side, my macros were pretty sweet and I even got in under the sugar cap.

Saturday

Squat

45           3

125         3

145         3

160         3

185         3

191         5x3

Deadlifts

135         3

150         3

170         3

190         3

221         5x3

200         3

Measurement day. I am down Down DOWN with a good old bloat-b-gone and that appears to be what happened as the above measurements were taken at a bodyweight of 118.6lbs. Sunday I weighed 118.0. Haven't seen these numbers consecutively in a minute. So I will continue and hope this becomes the norm again. Pants are fitting looser in the waist, but not so much in the butt and thigh area lol. Which is okay, I am trying to do that body building thing where I lift heavier weights and build the muscle. (Hint: leggings are going to be hilarious to try on now that it's getting to be Colder outside--you know, where you start putting them on and then start just laughing because Nope) I'm still not trying to get razor abzzz. I just want to maybe knock off an extra pound and see how that feels. I've been making noises about how weird my sets are feeling so I am no doubt dancing on the edge of stalling. 191lbs for triples was just so. darn. hard up to set 4 that I wasn't even sure between reps 2 and 3 that I was going to be able to get it out of the hole. That third set I was begging Jesus for assistance. it was just awful. I thought about cutting it off there, but then remembered everything feels like a dumpster fire until set 4 where it feels a bit better. Darn if it wasn't true. I have a video on my Insta showing the difference between set 3 and 5. You would swear I have them reversed, but that's just how it is. I wish I could show these comparisons more, but I have to bargain with my phone to get it to allow me to edit two videos and choose to post them together without Instagram just collapsing in a sobbing heap. Today was a Good Day, apparently.

Deadlifts were a literal pain in my ass. But not as much of a struggle as squats were. Nothing could have been more a struggle without failing than those. 

Then I went home and spent two hours pacing the house talking to my mother about asshole family in between eating chicken salad (chicken + lettuce + salad dressing, not the stuff with mayo) and cooking eggs for later eating because I tend to eat "dinner" at midnight on Saturdays...

Also practiced jo at like 1AM because I am a responsible adult.

Sunday

The reckoning came for my legs and carted them off. Also a family lunch at a place that had meat and vegetables that, while not indicated as gluten-free, could not have have had gluten, unauthorized dairy, or nuts as implicitly part of the order. Ribeye + broccoli + baked sweet potato + butter worked pretty well. Results pending. (Preworkout didn't generate a bad BM, so that is either a really good or really bad sign) Afterward, we napped so hard like you don't even know. The pulled pork I made had a tiny amount of honey in the sauce I made and that pushed me over the sugar macro cap. SADNESS. Oh well it was by 5g guess I'll just die. 

It was Cool all day Sunday, which by contrast with Monday morning it feels like it went straight to Winter, lol, but I know true Winter is Coming right along with January.

Math is still a thing I am doing, but my grasp on it is becoming very, very tenuous--to be generous with myself. At this point it may be more useful to schedule a book into my reading rotation to try to get more comfortable with the idea of integration + general theory of calculus. The amount of time/space allotted to grapple with the concepts just isn't working well at this point and the format is going to have to change because frankly this isn't getting bumped higher in the priority list. The pattern, it be full.

• Like 1

10/22/2018

giphy.gif

First hint of Cold Tiems

Nutrition 

2200 Calories. 2151 : 2111

110 Protein. 120 : 119

165 Carbs. 114 : 169

20 Fiber. 20 : 37

122 Fats. 118 : 97

<50 Sugar. 11/18

Measure

Waist. 24.8 - 24.0 - -.8

Navel. 29 - 28.0 -1

Hips. 34.5 - 34.5 - 0*

Thigh L. 20.8 - 20.8 - 0

Thigh R. 20.7 - 20.7 - 0

Aikido

Jo. 6/10

Tech Review. 2/5

Bench

45         5

60         5

70         5

80         5

80         2

91         5x5

OHP

45         5

50         5

55         5

60         5

68.5      2

62.5      4x5

60         5

Well I PR'd my bench 5RM and didn't fail any sets on OHP, for one thing. I had to change my calculation for the backoff sets and even so had to back off further because the first adjustment was more or less a guess. But now I have a good idea of what makes sense in this context, so hopefully I won't be reaching into the pit of despair for that last rep. Hopefully. 5s are a real grind. On the way to the gym and work was almost no traffic. I think people nope'd out because it was brrr. Lol. Gonna have to get used to it eventually. I am going to need to add back in a reminder to start moisturizing, because my hands are already mad it's not hitting 90 degrees lately.

Mom let me know in the afternoon that food was not to be had at the house, so I Waitr'd food over there because it was 3 and I wasn't sure how fast they'd get it delivered. Be a shame for it to show up here and I'd already left lol. New restaurant, new experience. It wasn't a complete fail at least. Not sure mom liked everything, but it's hard to tell between low appetite and low interest--she wasn't going to tell me that it sucked, so I get to guess lol. 

Dojo was munetsuki kokyunage and munetsuki gokyo. Whee. I think I ended up a smidge better at them, but that is a looooow bar for kokyunage lol. It is really tough to nail those dynamic techniques that all they are is running uke from one side of the mat to the other and you have got about 1.5 seconds to make it happen.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Urgan said:

The reckoning came for my legs and carted them off. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4762785

41 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I think people nope'd out because it was brrr. Lol. Gonna have to get used to it eventually. I am going to need to add back in a reminder to start moisturizing, because my hands are already mad it's not hitting 90 degrees lately.

This is something I'd forgotten about living by the coast in the south - how GNARLY the cold air is on my poor face.  I've been on red alert mode over the past week trying to rehydrate like a maniac after my face turned lizard-style, LOL

• Like 1