Conquer Mt. Pants.

Squat

45           10

115         5

125         3

145         3

160         1

182.5      5x2

I did not do deadlifts today. I know, that's a thing I'm not supposed to do, but I got up late, it was cold, it's Shark Week (for real this time...), and I wanted to whole-ass one thing at least. And 182.5lbs was enough of a challenge as a morning rep PR. Playback showed it came to a halt on a couple sets on the way up on rep 2. 

This day. It was cold, and wet, and horrible. The drive home featured standstill traffic, zero visibility, one lane roads magically becoming two and nearly earning me and the car ahead of me a head-on collision because Could Not See the Lanes, nav took me through the very sketchiest road surfaces ever, someone unrelated to the prior incident honked their horn at me and startled me into missing my turn because I had to drive slow to make sure I wasn't going to hit the other cars taking the lanes as a suggestion, a wreck closed two lanes of the highway, aaaand my windows were stubbornly wanting to fog up and I had trouble managing that in light of the near disasters left, right, and center. 

Did I mention Shark Week has in fact decided to happen for real? Yeah. So it's started up about halfway between when it did last month and when I'd have preferred it to, which suggests it's "recovering" from whatever diet farkery I did back then. Do NOT--I repeat, DO NOT--experiment with food sensitivities the week before Shark Week. 

But I made it and went to Aikido in flip-flops, freezing rain, and a skull scarf. Scared myself into thinking I'd left my phone at my parents' house, but given I'd heard a CLUNK while rifling around in my wad of coats and work clothes and stuff, it turned out to have been hastily stuffed in the car and fell off its perch, likely on the center console. So that was great. We did surprise black belt randori since we had enough people to do it today and not last Wednesday when there was a test (that I missed due to the glorious surgery event aftermath), then we did more Deal with the Knife stuff. 

1. Knife to the throat > kotegaeshi

2. Knife stab > move inside the stabbing arm > ikyo

3. Arm grab + shank attempt > kaitenage

And then more randori playing with these and the ones on Monday. That was fun. I gave black belts a hard time, which is definitely always a good life choice if you can make it. I am now well-known for my spinning on the back trick I pulled when I tested for blue belt, and I am stringing more things together to give that same black belt something to worry about lol. To speak nothing of my fellow blue belt, who is less well-equipped to deal with it but also the one sort of instigating the spin by kotegaeshi-ing me so vigorousy because #blending #itswhatwedo I told Sensei I was as surprised as my partner over what happens next because she is after all the one doing it to me, not the other way around lol.

Went home, ate jello to reassure husband that he did not in fact manage to f up jello. This was not planned, so that shot my carbs and sugar macros to Hell. The things we do for family.

Very expensive Death Wish coffee came in the mail, two pumpkin spices and a chocolate rum ball whole bean. Yeeeeeee winter, bring it. 

Oh and I remember jo and technique review even. KILLING IT.

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

11/15/2018

giphy.gif

Aggetsuko love

Nutrition 

2250 Calories. 2150 : 2147

110 Protein. 135 : 134

165 Carbs. 195 : 203

20 Fiber. 45 : 46

122 Fats. 94 : 90

<50 Sugar. 7/28

Carb bomb. 2/4

Aikido

Jo. 2/8

Tech Review. 2/12

Adulting

Measurements.

Moisturize. 11/28

Conquer Mt. Pants.

I seem to be making the mountain bigger, not smaller, while I figure out what combination of garments is required to sidestep 30 and 40 degree temperatures. Life comes at you fast. I am doing my best to stay on top of moisturizing, but even with my current regime my thumbs are suffering. May need to bring moisturizer to work and apply some there, too. Ugh why.     

Work stress is slowly mounting as we approach sprint end. Normal inter-departmental angst I hope will be relieved by a new hire to take something off my plate, or at least share the load of work that really is less than completely relevant to my day-to-day.

Cooked for the first time in like...two weeks now? I mean, I have fried eggs, but I mean like using an actual recipe, opening cans, and using the pressure cooker type cooking. Also, my Loot Crate exclusive Aggretsuko shirt arrived from eBay. You read that right. I saw this shirt on a loot crate unboxing, Wanted, and went to hunting. Someone was selling a medium size of it and I snapped it up. As good a size as I can get in this style of shirt, methinks.

• Like 3

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

11/16/2018 - 11/18/2018

giphy.gif

Searching "Looney tunes coffee" in giphy is a Good Time

Nutrition 

2250 Calories. 2198 : 2229, 2213, 2270

110 Protein. 131 : 132, 137,  108

165 Carbs. 177 : 190, 175, 124

20 Fiber. 40 : 48, 29, 21

122 Fats. 107 : 109, 104, 141

<50 Sugar. 9/28

Carb bomb. 2/4

Aikido

Jo. 3/8

Tech Review. 3/12

Adulting

Measurements.

Moisturize. 14/28

Conquer Mt. Pants.

Friday

OHP

45         2x5

50         3

55         3

70         1

76         2x2--2RM PR + .5LB!!

Bench

45         5

60         5

65         3

75         3

85         1

96         2x3

Got up an hour late, quickly crushed some weights, PR'd, did not strangle anyone at work for blowing off my questions directly pertaining to work of their interest until 10 minutes to go home then all the questions for me and none of the answers, sat in traffic an extra 15 minutes, got the groceries even though quite tired, husband and MIL stuck for 3 hours in traffic jam caused by fiery four fatality car crash on way to concert they obviously did not get to see and almost got rolled over by inattentive semi driver who did not put on his pneumatics while idling but were saved by another semi's fog horn solo. So you could say Monday came late.

Saturday

Squat

45           5

115         5

125         3

145         3

160         1

185         1

190         2

192.5      2

195         2

195         3--3RM PR + 4LBS!!

195         2

Deadlifts

135         5

150         5

170         3

190         1

225         2x2

225         2x3

230         3--3RM PR + 9LBS!!

117.4lbs again after a week of never seeing 120s and, given this is Shark Week, that's something.

Remember that time I told you I was going to put some space between 2RM and 3RM last week? Yeah, I lied. While in between 195lb squats, some old guy insisted on trying to put one of those puss pad-type contraptions (this one was plastic...) on my bar and he was hell-bent on the idea that the bar would hurt one's neck that when I said it DIDN'T hurt me to lift it just as it is, he repeated it without the "not"....I tried multiple times to tell him I didn't need it, but he didn't hear/listen. The only thing that saved me having to get up and rip it right back off is he couldn't physically attach it himself. Doesn't really rise to the level of Fury, more like mild Annoy. I am pretty sure the man was partially deaf. I'm choosing to believe that.

Did some laundry, not as much as last week, but pretty good. I moved some summery clothes off hangers to join the mountain, in exchange for some of the long sleeved things buried within said mountain. So two steps forward, one step back. Half of what's there just needs to go back up high in the closet. The "high" part is the obstacle.

Also apparently I cannot eat jello. So there's that.

Sunday

Sunday was great. Chores, napping, husband washing hands into pot of ham broth accidentally. Rescued it by repressure cooking the ham hocks and making more stock. He was crushed, though, and it took several minutes to convince him he had not ruined dinner. Because he hadn't. It was kinda funny, actually. We don't have a lot of counter space and it was all used up, hence the freshly filtered broth sitting in the sink in the first place.

• Like 1

Oh heck how is that Death Wish coffee, this is relevant to my interests........ (of not dying from over-caffeination, natch)

4 hours ago, Urgan said:

While in between 195lb squats, some old guy insisted on trying to put one of those puss pad-type contraptions (this one was plastic...) on my bar and he was hell-bent on the idea that the bar would hurt one's neck that when I said it DIDN'T hurt me to lift it just as it is, he repeated it without the "not"....I tried multiple times to tell him I didn't need it, but he didn't hear/listen. The only thing that saved me having to get up and rip it right back off is he couldn't physically attach it himself. Doesn't really rise to the level of Fury, more like mild Annoy. I am pretty sure the man was partially deaf. I'm choosing to believe that.

Oh my gosh it's your very own Gerald HASHBROWN BLESSED

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

1 minute ago, shaar said:

Oh heck how is that Death Wish coffee, this is relevant to my interests........ (of not dying from over-caffeination, natch)

It tastes like one of those pumpkin spicey Fall-themed plug-in air fresheners, only like.....in a good way. Delivers on the advertised promise of pumpkins and spices. We haven't tried the chocolate rum ball yet.

2 minutes ago, shaar said:

Oh my gosh it's your very own Gerald HASHBROWN BLESSED

I feel like Link in OoT when Navi finally approaches him. Finally have a Gerald to call my own.

• Haha 1

11/19/2018

giphy.gif

Putting 2 and 2 together

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 2306 : 2306

115 Protein. 113 : 113

173 Carbs. 161 : 161

25 Fiber. 39 : 39

128 Fats. 132 : 132

<50 Sugar. 10/28

Carb bomb. 2/4

Aikido

Jo. 3/8

Tech Review. 3/12

Adulting

Measurements.

Moisturize. 15/28

Conquer Mt. Pants.

Bench

45         3

65         3

75         3

85         3

90         3

100       2x3

101.5    2--failed last rep

OHP

45         3

50         3

60         3

75         3

74         3--3RM PR + .5LB!!

69         3x3

Oh where to start with this one...I suppose with the fact that the gym's lights were off over the weight area specifically. This was a sign of things to come. I'm not sure whether it was the darkness or hormones or programming fraying around the edges beginning with upper body and/or recovery is suffering. Whatever the specific cause, I didn't hit 101.5lb triples. I almost did, but nope. Settled with an OHP 3RM PR, so don't cry for me. The lights came on just before the attempt, so that helped. 

I picked a bad time to demand a schedule on practicing Aikido, because...no class this week. Yeeeee practice didn't happen, but boot shopping did. My shoes could probably go to high school...definitely middle school. They're starting to fall apart a bit. You might even say I don't enjoy shoe shopping. Afterward I got home and barely had any additional rest time, but took it to just lie around.

I've made the decision to up calories by another 50 because I'm hitting 117lbs on non-gym days and 117.4lbs on gym days. Time to begin leveling out. 

11/20/2018

giphy.gif

There was also supposed to be Aikido...

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 2193 : 2080

115 Protein. 105 : 97

173 Carbs. 156 : 151

25 Fiber. 34 : 29

128 Fats. 127 : 121

<50 Sugar. 11/28

Carb bomb. 2/4

Aikido

Jo. 3/8

Tech Review. 3/12

Adulting

Measurements.

Moisturize. 16/28

Conquer Mt. Pants.

A day of fails. I barely got over 2000 calories and to do so required applying a gun to my own head to force the issue. Traffic was crap, the darkness + bright tail lights = headache, I was tired, and succumbed to restaurant take-out. I did not (intentionally) acquire anything that outright destroyed me, but my gut did a serious Grumble at it. Work was butt in the late afternoon, a lethal combination of panic drill, boredom, and embarrassment the way only work can pull off. I thought about practicing Aikido, I really did. Then I fell asleep for two hours leaving precious little time (<1 hour) to change cat box, pack lunch, and shove bonus nutrition in my face before turning the lights out. Oh and husband had already gone to bed and armed the security system, so I had to do all of this Quietly. Good times. I have every intention of making this up, but when/how will be the questions of the day. On the plus side, my moisturizing game just got stepped up a notch by bringing cream to work. My poor hands, they are le chapped. And let's not speak of what my calluses are doing lately.

On 11/19/2018 at 9:08 AM, Urgan said:

Remember that time I told you I was going to put some space between 2RM and 3RM last week? Yeah, I lied. While in between 195lb squats, some old guy insisted on trying to put one of those puss pad-type contraptions (this one was plastic...) on my bar and he was hell-bent on the idea that the bar would hurt one's neck that when I said it DIDN'T hurt me to lift it just as it is, he repeated it without the "not"....I tried multiple times to tell him I didn't need it, but he didn't hear/listen. The only thing that saved me having to get up and rip it right back off is he couldn't physically attach it himself. Doesn't really rise to the level of Fury, more like mild Annoy. I am pretty sure the man was partially deaf. I'm choosing to believe that.

Congrats on the PRs!  Too bad that you have so many annoying people at your gym.

Also apparently I cannot eat jello. So there's that.

WTF?!? Jello is one of the foods that is supposed to sit well when nothing else will. Sugar, gelatin, artificial color and flavor. Maybe your system is noticing the weird chemicals?

Sunday

Sunday was great. Chores, napping, husband washing hands into pot of ham broth accidentally. Rescued it by repressure cooking the ham hocks and making more stock. He was crushed, though, and it took several minutes to convince him he had not ruined dinner. Because he hadn't. It was kinda funny, actually. We don't have a lot of counter space and it was all used up, hence the freshly filtered broth sitting in the sink in the first place.

That sounds like something that would happen at our house. :P 

On 11/20/2018 at 10:15 AM, Urgan said:

I've made the decision to up calories by another 50 because I'm hitting 117lbs on non-gym days and 117.4lbs on gym days. Time to begin leveling out. 

I am inspired by your progress. My weight has been (stubbornly/thankfully?) constant. I want to lose about 7 pounds.

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

3 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Congrats on the PRs!  Too bad that you have so many annoying people at your gym.

I forgot to mention my gym buddy got in the gym before me on Monday and saw a guy spotting another guy curling the empty bar in the squat rack. Ah what a world.

4 minutes ago, Mistr said:

WTF?!? Jello is one of the foods that is supposed to sit well when nothing else will. Sugar, gelatin, artificial color and flavor. Maybe your system is noticing the weird chemicals?

I think it's the additives. It was Jello brand, not foo-foo $16 per ounce jello, so my stomach clearly can tell the difference. 

6 minutes ago, Mistr said:

That sounds like something that would happen at our house. :P 

Going from tragedy to comedy in <5 seconds.

6 minutes ago, Mistr said:

I am inspired by your progress. My weight has been (stubbornly/thankfully?) constant. I want to lose about 7 pounds.

Look at it like this, if you can manage a mere 50 - 100 calories less per week on average, you'd lose weight.

• Like 1

Can I just say that I am so messed up due to Thanksgiving. I keep thinking today is Friday and am so sad I am not squatting tomorrow....even though I just squatted today.....

• Like 1

11/21/2018 - 11/25/2018

giphy.gif

And the mind is a royal jackass

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 2320 : 2433, 2402, 2325, 2392, 2305

115 Protein. 109 : 114, 85, 102, 117, 137

173 Carbs. 168 : 211, 179, 171, 171, 131

25 Fiber. 25 : 24, 18, 30, 21, 16

128 Fats. 133 : 122, 149, 132, 140, 135

<50 Sugar. 15/28

Carb bomb. 3/4 - AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Aikido

Jo. 4/8

Tech Review. 4/12

Adulting

Measurements.

Moisturize. 20/28

Conquer Mt. Pants.

It's time to do that thing where I try to piece together the days based on my food log.....

Wednesday

Squat

45           3

125         3

145         3

165         3

182.5      3x3--morning 3RM PR

Deadlifts

135         3

150         3

170         3

205         3

215         3

185         3x3

Wednesday felt like Friday so hard, it was almost impossible to shake the idea even though I knew intellectually this was not the case. Imagine being powerfully buoyed by the idea that tomorrow is Squat Day only to be occasionally crushed by the thought that the next day is in fact NOT squat day, it's not anything day because the dang gym is closed even if you normally lifted on a Thursday and also you JUST SQUATTED TWO HOURS AGO. It was quite the world to live in my head during the work day. Speaking of work, can't seem to coordinate the TPS report stuff still, in spite of oaths practically being sworn that we would get this done on Monday it eluded us yet another week. SIGH.

Somewhere in there I did some jo and suburi practice, so yay that.

Grocery store looked like it was getting ready for WWI when I went to get normal, everyday stuff for the following week such that I nearly wished a manager good luck and godspeed as he was adjusting tarps over Black Friday merchandise. Speaking of discombobulation, it's difficult to plan out 1.5 weeks in advance. You might not think it, but it is. Meanwhile, everyone and their lazy-ass procrastinating cousin are buying things for the next day. God help them if something is out of stock at this point, I guess. 

Thursday

Thanksgiving happened, all the things were bought from the comfort of my parents' den chair. All of them were for me, so no I did not get ahead on Christmas shopping in the slightest.....somebody decided to shoot up our local mall because that's how you deal with arguments with others, you shoot some dude in front of a shoe store and then run around like a nut waving a gun around and get yourself shot by police, because you CRAZY. Thank God the guy didn't manage to get anyone but himself dead. Never been more glad not to be part of the Black Friday stampede.

Friday

OHP

45         3

50         3

60         3

65         3

70         3

74         3x3

70         3x3

Bench

45         3

65         3

75         3

85         3

96         3x3

82         5x3

Aaaand weighed in at 116.4lbs, which is a weight not seen in roughly half a year, AKA when I took this job. So you might have an idea of how I feel about post-Thanksgiving guilt workouts. This one pushed me to the edge of my ability to do the prescribed sets and clear over it. I did not fail a set, but I backed off the weight on OHP because it wasn't going to happen for two more sets. No PRs, no glory, just working. I felt a little down afterward even though I shouldn't have since I did a whole lot of volume at pretty high intensity, but it was a holiday Friday and I guess I expected more ooomph as a result. Too much change, too heavy, or something else threw off my groove. You know it felt like Saturday, as well, which did not help my feelings about anything gym-related. A bizarre feeling that made me wonder if I need an actual deload soon. An unusual week is not the time to be making such decisions, but it will sit in the corner of my mind for the new year perhaps. Dinner helped my feelings a bit--I hadn't eaten much prior to getting home from the gym around 4:30. 

Saturday

Squat

45           3

125         3

145         3

165         3

185         3

192         4x3

Deadlifts

135         3

150         3

170         3

191         3

223         4x3

Still sub-117lbs, still okay with that. Still no PRs, and this was on purpose as well. I have jumped a lot of weight, so it's time to put in that work to "earn" confidence and security that I can hit this intensity for sets. These weights were difficult, made more so by new flat shoes. Time to relearn how to deadlift. My spirits were better during and after this session, some combination of knowing this was the plan (and it was a damn heavy plan....) and it was in fact finally Saturday and the universe achieved alignment once again, overcame the fact that poor time management cost me a set or two on each exercise. 

Dinner was a hilarious post-Thanksgiving monstrosity of turkey, rice with sesame oil "gravy", a butter-brushed butternut squash halved with more butter (1Tbsp per half...) deposited therein, one wedge of sweet potato, broccoli, and a lone beef taquito from Tuesday. It was spectacular.

Somewhere in there I put some clothes up from Mt. Pants.

Sunday

Sunday was lazy day. Or I wish it was in this case, because we had tree-getting madness coming up to the intersection of Laundry and Cooking. I did not tag along, and the guys brought back a huge-ass tree this time, to my amusement. Finally a tree worthy of our ornament collection...perhaps. I did work my butt of to earn several hours of uninterrupted Lying Down, the most coveted of activities on a Sunday. Including the demise of Mt. Pants. No more heaps of stuff just lying there that only needed putting up/disposal. Three shirts that need to be tried on and coats I use through the week are all that remain.

I have been doing well at keeping ahead of dry skin and this was the WORST month to try to form a good practice habit re: Aikido. Test week + Thanksgiving = black hole of ambition. And now it feels odd going back to a normal schedule argh. I am definitely sensing the need for 2300 calories to make a comeback on multiple levels. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Grocery store looked like it was getting ready for WWI when I went to get normal, everyday stuff for the following week such that I nearly wished a manager good luck and godspeed as he was adjusting tarps over Black Friday merchandise. 

mother of god

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

somebody decided to shoot up our local mall because that's how you deal with arguments with others, you shoot some dude in front of a shoe store and then run around like a nut waving a gun around and get yourself shot by police, because you CRAZY. Thank God the guy didn't manage to get anyone but himself dead. Never been more glad not to be part of the Black Friday stampede.

MOTHER OF GOD

And people wonder why I don't go out into the actual peopleworld much anymore.  Big yike.  PEOPLE BE CRAZY.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shaar said:

mother of god

Action alleys were cleared, barricades of Stuff to Be Sold lined the aisles in its place. Employees scurrying everywhere. I could see a manager on the store floor. You could almost smell the gunpowder and the burning from the first few steps inside the building. I was nearly torn to bits over bedding in 2011 (as an employee, not a shopper, so I had to be there....). 

5 minutes ago, shaar said:

MOTHER OF GOD

And people wonder why I don't go out into the actual peopleworld much anymore.  Big yike.  PEOPLE BE CRAZY.

You should try comparing the headlines of the stories about it. AL.com is all like, "The Hoover mall shooting suspect has been identified as John Smith, police investigating" and The Washington Post takes a slightly different angle with, "POLICE SHOOT SOLDIER."

...Sigh.

I never was much for jumping in my car to fight for stuff, literally or figuratively. Online shopping is the actual best, any day that ends in "y."

On 11/21/2018 at 12:40 PM, Urgan said:

Look at it like this, if you can manage a mere 50 - 100 calories less per week on average, you'd lose weight.

I have to keep that in mind when I look at the Toblerone bars and trail mix that someone put on the treat table. Intellectually I know that I don't even like Toblerone that much. The candy-deprived 8-year-old in my mind keeps whining anyway.

4 hours ago, Urgan said:

Grocery store looked like it was getting ready for WWI when I went to get normal, everyday stuff for the following week such that I nearly wished a manager good luck and godspeed as he was adjusting tarps over Black Friday merchandise. Speaking of discombobulation, it's difficult to plan out 1.5 weeks in advance. You might not think it, but it is. Meanwhile, everyone and their lazy-ass procrastinating cousin are buying things for the next day. God help them if something is out of stock at this point, I guess. 

That is what I was expecting too. I went shopping on Tuesday and it was surprisingly quiet. I probably helps that my regular grocery does not carry much beyond food.

4 hours ago, Urgan said:

Still sub-117lbs, still okay with that. Still no PRs, and this was on purpose as well. I have jumped a lot of weight, so it's time to put in that work to "earn" confidence and security that I can hit this intensity for sets. These weights were difficult, made more so by new flat shoes. Time to relearn how to deadlift. My spirits were better during and after this session, some combination of knowing this was the plan (and it was a damn heavy plan....) and it was in fact finally Saturday and the universe achieved alignment once again, overcame the fact that poor time management cost me a set or two on each exercise. 

Congratulations on staying below 117 over Thanksgiving! Also on the PRs

4 hours ago, Urgan said:

Including the demise of Mt. Pants. No more heaps of stuff just lying there that only needed putting up/disposal. Three shirts that need to be tried on and coats I use through the week are all that remain.

Victory over Mt. Pants!

I moved my donation pile to the living room. It has been growing. I'm going to see if I can get Elf to drop it off sometime next week, since they work a block away from the donation store.

• Thanks 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

5 minutes ago, Mistr said:

I have to keep that in mind when I look at the Toblerone bars and trail mix that someone put on the treat table. Intellectually I know that I don't even like Toblerone that much. The candy-deprived 8-year-old in my mind keeps whining anyway.

Tell that whiny brat to shut up or you're turning this body around RIGHT NOW. I'm grateful my current work doesn't deposit social eating items often, unlike large swathes of Old Job. I suspect this treat table is entirely too close to your desk, huh?

9 minutes ago, Mistr said:

That is what I was expecting too. I went shopping on Tuesday and it was surprisingly quiet. I probably helps that my regular grocery does not carry much beyond food.

It's a very brief period of intense aggression and the stuff gets gone really quickly. Half of Thursday the store is closed (at least it was waaaaay back in 2011), so they have to do most of their prep by Wednesday night, which was when I was ambling on by. 

14 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Victory over Mt. Pants!

I moved my donation pile to the living room. It has been growing. I'm going to see if I can get Elf to drop it off sometime next week, since they work a block away from the donation store.

I can kick some butt on trying on things and putting them in a bag, but it feels so good to hand them off to my husband so it can sit in his trunk for several weeks before it finally gets to the donation place LOL. Not judging, there's a reason he's the one doing it. There's going to be a similar effort mounting on the shoe swamp in our closet. Mom got me 4 pairs of shoes on Monday, sooooo that's 7 pair of shoes more than I had a place for and that math don't add up.

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Tell that whiny brat to shut up or you're turning this body around RIGHT NOW. I'm grateful my current work doesn't deposit social eating items often, unlike large swathes of Old Job. I suspect this treat table is entirely too close to your desk, huh?

LOL

How did you guess? I am not the closest, but I have line of sight to the treats. Which also means direct smells of anything fresh. 

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

I can kick some butt on trying on things and putting them in a bag, but it feels so good to hand them off to my husband so it can sit in his trunk for several weeks before it finally gets to the donation place LOL. Not judging, there's a reason he's the one doing it. There's going to be a similar effort mounting on the shoe swamp in our closet. Mom got me 4 pairs of shoes on Monday, sooooo that's 7 pair of shoes more than I had a place for and that math don't add up.

I still have to go through my winter clothes. I did a purge last year so I don't expect to get rid of much. Some of my summer clothes that I never wore may go.

We have a shoe swamp too. I need to get rid of some of my old favorites that now pinch my feet. My tolerance for wearing shoes that hurt is dropping quickly. The guys have shoes in the closet that are gathering dust too. One of these days I will rope them together and we will clean it out.

Level 76  Viking paladin

2 minutes ago, Mistr said:

LOL

How did you guess? I am not the closest, but I have line of sight to the treats. Which also means direct smells of anything fresh. 

Call it a hunch. Back when I could eat the junk consequence-free but I was just trying to clean up my diet, I'd make a habit of not even looking at the stuff if it was the kind of thing that appealed to me. That table was not for me, I wouldn't go near it. You may not have that luxury, but ya know. What you tell yourself matters.

7 minutes ago, Mistr said:

I still have to go through my winter clothes. I did a purge last year so I don't expect to get rid of much. Some of my summer clothes that I never wore may go.

We have a shoe swamp too. I need to get rid of some of my old favorites that now pinch my feet. My tolerance for wearing shoes that hurt is dropping quickly. The guys have shoes in the closet that are gathering dust too. One of these days I will rope them together and we will clean it out.

Amazingly enough, so did I, but darn if there isn't junk you can't wear staring you in the face, laughing at you. Shoes I have been avoid confronting since before we moved into our current house lol. That time is now. There is so much that needs to be done that's being systematically ignored at our place, but we gotta start somewhere, right?

• Like 1

11/26/2018

giphy.gif

Actual footage of me trying to remember what to do with my hands

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 2207 : 2207

115 Protein. 116 : 116

173 Carbs. 154 : 154

25 Fiber. 28 : 28

128 Fats. 126 : 126

<50 Sugar. 16/28

Carb bomb. 3/4

Aikido

Jo. 4/8

Tech Review. 4/12

Adulting

Measurements.

Moisturize. 21/28

Conquer Mt. Pants.

Bench

45         5

60         5

70         5

80         5

100       2

91         5x5

OHP

45         5

50         5

55         5

60         5

70         2

62         5x5

It was kinda harsh having to leave the house, not gonna lie, but I made it happen on actual time and amazingly enough when you get up On Time you can complete your prescribed training. HUH. Despite my best efforts, I have some cracked skin between my fingers yay. It took crazy amounts of moisturizer to get me back on track, but here we are. I spent a large amount of money in a small span of time from Thursday to Monday, but between all the junk I got for myself and other stuff, Christmas is pretty well covered up to stockings. At which point I am at a loss lol. 

Aikido did not begin gloriously. Between my hands starting out more slick from compensatory moisturizer than I'd bargained for and a very experienced visiting aikidoka who was not going to give me a half inch on the pin, it was a lame way to come back to the dojo. In fact it was downright embarrassing, not one of my finer moments. He ended up going to work with the guys because none of us were going to get past the first type of Basic B kotegaeshi pin at the rate we were going, since he wasn't giving any ground and I wasn't catching on terribly quickly. Not sure what he was expecting. We were told he had twenty years experience and he decided to roll with the blue belts first. Giant shrug. We graduated to using a leg to force uke to flip over before delivering the pin by kneeling on the elbow. This produces a lovely armbar that will wear your arm out quickly. And finally I redeemed myself somewhat by catching on to one of the more advanced alternative pins where uke doesn't play along with the tenkan motion and tries to punch you in the head. Kotegaeshi becomes irimi ikyo and you trap the arm between a crouched leg and your rib cage and just lower your hips down into a hands-free pin. We had a laugh about whether Sensei could do (gyaku) kotegaeshi to this pin variation without spilling a Starbucks. Simulated it on me and it seemed legit--or so I was told from faceplant. Unfortunately in the demo prior to our horsing around, Sensei used me for uke and that shot my left arm straight to Hell. So my partner mostly did technique on my right arm, except for that one time and it wasn't great. But we got a grasp, quite literally, of this one a good bit better than some of the guys and that pleased me. We got shown a tweak--harr--on how to execute the pin (crouch on the ball of the foot under uke's shoulder that's getting pinned) and then we moved on to the very last variation where instead of the hands-free pin you get gyaku kotegaeshi grip, front foo goes into uke's armpit and back foot steps over them. Apply uke's arm against your shin and you have another fantastically awful armbar. Somehow we did not destroy any limbs, but there was a definite sense we practiced one side more than the other, because our left sides took a beating. 

Got home and a bunch of the stuff I'd ordered came in, except the pack slip indicated they knew I wanted one pair of shorts that was not actually included with the other stuff. So I'm missing one pair and I emailed them about this. A night full of Awkward. 

I do miss bed right now, though.

Yay for getting out of the house on time on the Monday after a holiday weekend, and for getting most of your shopping done!

That aikido session sounds frustrating. Our dojo has been having a LOT of conversations (where sensei talks and we say "yes sensei") about the roles of uke and nage. Senior people working with kyu ranks are supposed to make doing the technique easy, especially the first few times a junior person is learning the move. It is hard enough to do the technique correctly when everything is perfect. Newer students are not at the level of trying to make a technique work for real. They are trying to get the technique to work at all. The level of difficulty should be going up gradually with increasing rank. Sounds like your visiting person needs to hear that message.

I just learned a new variation on kotegaeshi that is amazingly effective if you can get it. Nage's primary hand holds uke's hand in the classic kotegaeshi position. Nage's other hand scoops uke's wrist - think about drawing uke's elbow towards your center. This has the effect of sweeping uke's hips forward and shoulder back. The tricky bit is that it has to be a relaxed movement. If you try to crank on uke's wrist, it does not work.

Level 76  Viking paladin

8 minutes ago, Mistr said:

That aikido session sounds frustrating. Our dojo has been having a LOT of conversations (where sensei talks and we say "yes sensei") about the roles of uke and nage. Senior people working with kyu ranks are supposed to make doing the technique easy, especially the first few times a junior person is learning the move. It is hard enough to do the technique correctly when everything is perfect. Newer students are not at the level of trying to make a technique work for real. They are trying to get the technique to work at all. The level of difficulty should be going up gradually with increasing rank. Sounds like your visiting person needs to hear that message.

Like yeah, he was technically correct, but it was kind of a jerk way to start training after a week off. 

9 minutes ago, Mistr said:

I just learned a new variation on kotegaeshi that is amazingly effective if you can get it. Nage's primary hand holds uke's hand in the classic kotegaeshi position. Nage's other hand scoops uke's wrist - think about drawing uke's elbow towards your center. This has the effect of sweeping uke's hips forward and shoulder back. The tricky bit is that it has to be a relaxed movement. If you try to crank on uke's wrist, it does not work.

Yeah, you could ruin someone's balance that way, couldn't you? I feel like I've encountered something like that before and it wouldn't take much from there to throw uke. 

11/27/2018

giphy.gif 

Me too, baby

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 1965 : 1723

115 Protein. 104 : 91

173 Carbs. 160 : 165

25 Fiber. 28 : 27

128 Fats. 102 : 77

<50 Sugar. 17/28

Carb bomb. 3/4

Aikido

Jo. 5/8

Tech Review. 5/12

Adulting

Measurements.

Moisturize. 22/28

Conquer Mt. Pants.

I had a perfect set of macros planned out, I really did. But then Things Happened in the evening. Terribad events occurred. It started with a jammed-up interstate due to a truck on fire, apparently. Never saw it, because of course it would be impossible to have the satisfaction of at least seeing the cause of the 20-minute slowdown. All the taillights in the dark translates to all the headaches with the occasional asshole riding up the shoulder like they're Life's VIPs. So that was good.

Got home, showered, and got my clothes set up for the next day, the got in bed for my Oh Please God Stop the Pain nap...and woke up at 10:30 because EXHAUSTED. Luckily? husband also fell asleep so there was a minimum amount of suffering as a direct result of this...looked over and Olive had barfed on the bed clear through the mattress pad. Sweet. Bedding comes off, I shock myself really badly on the washer because Fuzzy Pants. At least mattress pads wash and dry quickly, so I can make dinner while waiting on it...only I can't find the chicken for the chicken burrito bowls we were going to make. Holy crap I did not buy any canned chicken. To add insult to injury, I had a pound of shredded chicken from Sprouts that I took to work and left there because I Might Eat It Later. So I threw away my failsafe in this monumentally stupid move. I confess my grievous error and after I've gotten the words out of my mouth, something in the pantry catches the corner of my eye.

The chicken.

The cans of chicken are there. They were hiding. In the back corner of the pantry. AGH. GAVE MYSELF A HEARTATTACK FOR NOTHING. 

I got into bed at 11:30, hence the horrible macros because there was no time to eat post-dinner snack. I'm counting Jo and Tech Review because I fell asleep trying to relive the magic that was Monday's session after rolling through the jo kata. It counts because I remembered darnit. I remembered it was a thing I was supposed to do in the wake of the chaos that was Tuesday.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Urgan said:

looked over and Olive had barfed on the bed clear through the mattress pad. Sweet. 

Oh no, oh lord, this is The Real Fear right here.  Finn woke me up one morning by standing over me and doing the HRKHRKHRK thing and in one giant motion I managed to sweep his ass off the bed onto the floor.  I wish cats could keep it to wood and tiled surfaces pls?

8 minutes ago, Urgan said:

The cans of chicken are there. They were hiding. In the back corner of the pantry. AGH. GAVE MYSELF A HEARTATTACK FOR NOTHING. 

Chicken..... CHICKEN WHY.

680c4c661c508b5b1e7750be55a43998.gif

3 minutes ago, shaar said:

Oh no, oh lord, this is The Real Fear right here.  Finn woke me up one morning by standing over me and doing the HRKHRKHRK thing and in one giant motion I managed to sweep his ass off the bed onto the floor.  I wish cats could keep it to wood and tiled surfaces pls?

What you have described happens several times a year, what with the four cats, but usually it's an Olive thing as she is all but the designated barfer in the house. Also usually when we're asleep the cats also settle down and don't pull these shenanigans as much. It's become an instinctual movement pattern when I detect The Sound. This barf pile was darn close to my napping body, though. 6 inches away maybe? Good times.

7 minutes ago, shaar said:

Chicken..... CHICKEN WHY.

680c4c661c508b5b1e7750be55a43998.gif

I feel so stupid yet so betrayed at the same time.

• Like 1

11/28/2018

giphy.gif

Cat vs cat food

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 2104 : 2243

115 Protein. 126 : 148

173 Carbs. 169 : 178

25 Fiber. 28 : 28

128 Fats. 103 : 104

<50 Sugar. 18/28

Carb bomb. 3/4

Aikido

Jo. 5/8

Tech Review. 6/12

Adulting

Measurements.

Moisturize. 23/28

Conquer Mt. Pants.

Squat

45           5

125         5

145         5

165         5

173         2

146         3x5

Deadlifts

135         5

140         5

160         5

180         5

205         2

181         3x5

Well today was better, less cold and less miserable overall, but cat still barfed cat food on the bed, this time while I was out of the house so at least I didn't wake up it. Yay.

181lbs is a morning 5RM PR of a whole pound lol. Aikido was sankyo practice, which went much better than Monday's session. Sensei acknowledged Monday was a bit frustrating, but he allowed it as an exercise on a very uncooperative person. Which is exactly what he was. The guy is Japanese, as it turns out, so it was something to make him chuckle when brown belt led ukemi practice as the black belts are AWOL this time of year and us blue belts were like, "Hai, sempai~." My best Japanese schoolgirl impression. 

These macros brought to you by chocolate. And yet still under 50g.

57 minutes ago, Urgan said:

cat still barfed cat food on the bed

hrrggghhhh

Do your barf in shifts, like Finn won't puke for a month and I'm like wowie!, but then he'll puke 3 times a day for like a week and it's just.. . .. ????

• Like 1