7 minutes ago, shaar said:

hrrggghhhh

Do your barf in shifts, like Finn won't puke for a month and I'm like wowie!, but then he'll puke 3 times a day for like a week and it's just.. . .. ????

Mid-year cat crisis??

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

On 11/28/2018 at 10:51 AM, shaar said:

Oh no, oh lord, this is The Real Fear right here.  Finn woke me up one morning by standing over me and doing the HRKHRKHRK thing and in one giant motion I managed to sweep his ass off the bed onto the floor.  I wish cats could keep it to wood and tiled surfaces pls?

Yes. THIS. 

I have learned that it is better to get up in the middle of the night and clean up the mess right away. Otherwise I will find it by stepping in it as I get out of bed in the morning.

On 11/28/2018 at 10:41 AM, Urgan said:

I confess my grievous error and after I've gotten the words out of my mouth, something in the pantry catches the corner of my eye.

The chicken.

The cans of chicken are there. They were hiding. In the back corner of the pantry. AGH. GAVE MYSELF A HEARTATTACK FOR NOTHING. 

This sounds familiar. The guys cannot find anything that is not in the front row in the fridge. We also have the reverse problem. Where Dumbledore comes home with a bag of mini-marshmallows because "he didn't know if we had any". Yes, they were on the grocery list. Yes, I got them, even though I don't approve of marshmallows on my sweet potatoes. (I was converted about this). Now we have a 1.5 bags of marshmallows we won't use. I might have to make one of the ethnic salads I grew up with to use them up. 

• Like 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

11/29/2018

giphy.gif

Or ever, if I'm being honest

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 2118 : 2131

115 Protein. 128 : 130

173 Carbs. 169 : 168

25 Fiber. 20 : 11

128 Fats. 103 : 101

<50 Sugar. 19/28

Carb bomb. 4/4

Aikido

Jo. 5/8

Tech Review. 6/12

Adulting

Measurements.

Moisturize. 23/28

Conquer Mt. Pants.

Well it was a day that was not as bad as Tuesday, as rest day evenings go. I did survive a 3 hour meeting with nothing but 6oz of plain chicken in my system, where by turns I was hot, swollen, my rings were cutting into my hands, I had to pee, I was really really hungry, and thus had a strong, strong headache, also was bored half to death such that I imagined what it could be like to be a drinker and take a shot every time a catch phrase was repeated. I have learned a few things about BI and a specific individual as well. I had my suspicions, but all doubt has not only been removed but said suspicions have been exceeded. Good times. Then I got out of there, ate all the food in the known universe, tried to test a thing that is being demo'd Friday morning, got showstopped by random new documentation requirement. Spontaneous generation is in fact alive and well. Kvetch procedure engage.

Did not moisturize at night because it was too warm and felt like the worst idea ever. I will no doubt be paying for this later.

18 hours ago, Mistr said:

Yes. THIS. 

I have learned that it is better to get up in the middle of the night and clean up the mess right away. Otherwise I will find it by stepping in it as I get out of bed in the morning.

Speaking of....did that this morning....

18 hours ago, Mistr said:

This sounds familiar. The guys cannot find anything that is not in the front row in the fridge. We also have the reverse problem. Where Dumbledore comes home with a bag of mini-marshmallows because "he didn't know if we had any". Yes, they were on the grocery list. Yes, I got them, even though I don't approve of marshmallows on my sweet potatoes. (I was converted about this). Now we have a 1.5 bags of marshmallows we won't use. I might have to make one of the ethnic salads I grew up with to use them up. 

You don't even have the benefit of uniqueness in that specific scenario. If I buy something for my husband and it isn't at eye level front and center in the fridge, it doesn't get eaten (because it's his, probably contains a Banned Substance). This may also explain the delusion bros have involving leg day.

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

11/30/2018 - 12/2/2018

giphy.gif

We're at the home stretch now

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 2136 : 2157, 2117, 2290

115 Protein. 117 : 101, 117, 109

173 Carbs. 159 : 180, 179, 133

25 Fiber. 16 : 12, 5, 9

128 Fats. 113 : 113, 103, 146

<50 Sugar. 22/28

Carb bomb. 4/4

Aikido

Jo. 6/8

Tech Review. 8/12

Adulting

Measurements.

Moisturize. 26/28

Conquer Mt. Pants.

Friday

OHP

45         5

50         5

55         5

60         5

74         2

69         3x5--5RM PR + .5lb!!

Bench

45         5

60         5

70         5

80         5

91         2

82         5x5

Definitely felt better than last Friday's session, which may seem bizarre given all the rest I had prior to that holiday session. A long, hard day of work followed and all I really wanted in the whole world was to crawl in bed. I did start some laundry in the evening, which basically never happens in a normal week.

Saturday

Squat

45           5

120         5

145         5

155         5

182.5      2

173         5x5--5RM PR + 1lb!!

Deadlifts

135         5

140         5

160         5

180         5

223         2

212.5     3x5--5RM PR + 2.5lbs!!

This was another exercise in me taking way too long on squats that deadlifts got the short end of the stick. Squats felt good, deadlifts felt like murder as a direct result. 

Keeping up with the junk that just tends to pile up on the desk is a part time job. At least that's sort of under control at the moment. Kept ahead of the laundry.

Sunday

I kept ahead of everything that needed to get done such that I had the bandwidth to help decorate the tree. The light strands are always a PITA. But we got them on the tree and put a few ornaments on. We'll see if the tree is still standing 24 hours later lol. I reviewed Wednesday's sankyo a few times, FWIW.

I haven't been doing such a great job of keeping up with Aikido practice, but this was truly a wretched month for forming new habits. Holiday time proved a dip in gym performance--hopefully that was all it was. One more month left to go in 2018, guys.

December 2018 Goals

giphy.gif

The glory of Fall in full display

Still missing daylight in the evening, but I'm getting up early enough to miss the dawn lately due to the revamping of my morning alarm. We survived the surgery without any casualties--2.5 weeks out he's normal as long as lifting "heavy" isn't required. I've bottomed out at 116.2lbs and am sitting in the 116-117lb range, right where I want to be. To tell the truth, I'm not sure whether it was the adjustment to macros, the cooling of weather, or the lack of creatine that did the trick. I changed preworkout and realized it doesn't appear to have creatine of any kind in it. It isn't sodium, because I haven't been minding it much, lately--I can only juggle so many numbers at a time. Still not dealing with migraines, which will never cease to be relevant lol--I'm still rolling my upper back/shoulders after gym sessions. Shark Week was normal, so I think it's safe to say the dietary tinkering caused my double-Shark Week is a strong theory.

Nutrition 

Seeing as how I was dropping weight, I brought calories back up to 2300. I think hovering around 117lbs is ideal ATM. Monitoring calories daily, all macros + weight weekly, and the good old monthly measurements against performance in the gym to see what's up. 

2300 Calories. 0 : 0

115 Protein0 : 0

173 Carbs. 0 : 0

25 Fiber. 0 : 0

128 Fats0 : 0

50 Sugar0 : 0

Aikido

Jo. This is going to stay here until I get my purple belt and it becomes Jo Kata II, lol.

0/8

Tech Review. November was better than October, but still not great due to Holidays and Surgery and testing week and wow it was a mess. Let's try this again.

Monday and Tuesday reviews Monday's lesson, Wednesday and Thursday reviews Wednesday's. AKA 4x/week. 

0/12

Adulting

Measurements can stay here because why not? This is just for my own amusement, I guess. My clothes are still fitting just fine. I just want to have that data against the natural ups and downs of gym time given I am pioneering my own dietary journey. 

On a note only tangentially related to things I put in my mouth, I have bought sufficient quantities of canned goods that I am struggling to find things, put things up properly. etc. You remember that disaster involving chicken a bit ago. I think the rational solution to this problem is to stick the surplus in plain sight so I stop buying extras until I use up what I have. This may seem to directly clash with the idea of cleaning off an adjacent surface--and you'd be right--but there's some stuff that just doesn't belong on the kitchen table, or in the kitchen at all. 

An unfortunate consequence of owning 4 cats is the accelerated accumulation of dust and nastiness everywhere. It's time to take care of business. 

Oh, and those shoes I got a few weeks ago? They need to have real homes and the shoes I don't wear need to Go Away. 4 years is long enough.

Measurements - 12/10

Do the Can-Can.

Declutter the Kitchen Table.

Dust All the Things.

Drain the Shoe Swamp.

Weekly Debriefs: 

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

• Like 1

12/3/2018

giphy.gif

Flawless

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 2190 : 2190

Aikido

Jo. 1/8

Tech Review. 1/12

Adulting

Measurements - 12/10

Do the Can-Can.

Dust All the Things.

Drain the Shoe Swamp.

Bench

45         5

70         5

80         3

90         1

100       1

106       5x1

OHP

45         5

55         5

60         3

70         1

77         3x1

62         3x3

Well this session wasn't too bad. Considering how hard it was to crawl out of bed, this was darn near miraculous.  I am somewhat concerned with the likelihood of ending up with a cold this week, given it was in the 70's on Sunday and over the course of this week temperatures are projected to crash. I could stand to not get a cold this year plz and thx. 

Aikido was all about ushiro ryotedori kotegaeshi and me drilling the tenkan two big steps, not one medium steps and a handful of shuffle steps like I love to do. Short leg problems. And I actually reviewed last Wednesday's sankyo and kotegaeshi to contrast the two days' techniques, since they start out similarly, along with jo kata and the bokken work we need to have down. Mebbe I need to get serious now if I want to test within the next three months or so. Ya know. That thing we do. 

I love the raccoon doing a back fall.

Congratulations on being at your goal weight and getting PRs!

Does your sensei teach one technique per class? We sometimes do that. More often we work on one entry and several techniques that start from that point.

I hear you on the mess caused by cats. We only have two and they make enough dust bunnies to make a new cat every week.

• Thanks 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

12/4/2018

giphy.gif

Flop

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 2186 : 2182

Aikido

Jo. 2/8

Tech Review. 2/12

Adulting

Measurements - 12/10

Do the Can-Can.

Dust All the Things.

Drain the Shoe Swamp.

We made it, fam. I did Aikido review TWO days in a ROW. CONSECUTIVELY. What is life even. It's been cold, the heater is starting to struggle, I am really hoping we can get to 2019 before having to replace our climate control. Plz. We are so close to having enough money to cut a check without being "out" anything since we decided to start saving sometime in May when we recharged the A/C. It doesn't like heating the house when it is <35 degrees outside, AKA it switches to the aux heat mode at that point and we might as well set dollar bills on fire in the fireplace for how much that costs to keep up. On an unrelated note, it is going to be 27 degrees Thursday morning. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Urgan said:

It's been cold, the heater is starting to struggle, I am really hoping we can get to 2019 before having to replace our climate control. Plz. We are so close to having enough money to cut a check without being "out" anything since we decided to start saving sometime in May when we recharged the A/C. It doesn't like heating the house when it is <35 degrees outside, AKA it switches to the aux heat mode at that point and we might as well set dollar bills on fire in the fireplace for how much that costs to keep up. On an unrelated note, it is going to be 27 degrees Thursday morning. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Oh no oh no I know this struggle intimately... coming home from work every day and glancing at the control panel on the wall with a gnawing trepidation in your stomach, hoping to not see those three little letters..... A U X .......

AC units are the actual devil in howling metal format and I cannot be convinced otherwise.  All the fingers crossed..

Also holy cats it is COLD for y'all right now!!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

22 hours ago, Mistr said:

I love the raccoon doing a back fall.

Casually outdoes the human race.

Congratulations on being at your goal weight and getting PRs!

I randomly jumped to 119.2 on Monday for no adequately explainable reason. Been falling from from 117.6 to 117.2, and some jeans I thought wouldn't fit did this morning, so. I got that going for me.

Does your sensei teach one technique per class? We sometimes do that. More often we work on one entry and several techniques that start from that point.

Rarely do we only do one technique per class, but we spend the bulk of our time on one technique, irimi and tenkan. Lower belts had more instances of just drilling irimi or tenkan. We almost always have a "quick technique" to drill for funsies or randori for the opposite of funsies at the end of class. 

Just now, shaar said:

Oh no oh no I know this struggle intimately... coming home from work every day and glancing at the control panel on the wall with a gnawing trepidation in your stomach, hoping to not see those three little letters..... A U X .......

AC units are the actual devil in howling metal format and I cannot be convinced otherwise.  All the fingers crossed..

Also holy cats it is COLD for y'all right now!!

You thought you have a monopoly on random cold snaps?? YOU THOUGHT WRONGLY. Lol. Sunday it was the 70s, today it was 30 when I got up, tomorrow will be just trash. The rest of the week will be a dance between the 40s and 50s, then RAIN alllllll Saturday with the mid-40s. Beautiful weather patterns. Cannot wait.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Urgan said:

You thought you have a monopoly on random cold snaps?? YOU THOUGHT WRONGLY. Lol. Sunday it was the 70s, today it was 30 when I got up, tomorrow will be just trash. The rest of the week will be a dance between the 40s and 50s, then RAIN alllllll Saturday with the mid-40s. Beautiful weather patterns. Cannot wait.

giphy.gif

At least here, for now, it's just consistently cold.  I guess there's something to be said for consistency???

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, shaar said:

giphy.gif

At least here, for now, it's just consistently cold.  I guess there's something to be said for consistency???

If half of the state doesn't end up with the Plague from this week, it will be undeniable proof of miracles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

We made it, fam. I did Aikido review TWO days in a ROW. CONSECUTIVELY. What is life even. It's been cold, the heater is starting to struggle, I am really hoping we can get to 2019 before having to replace our climate control. Plz. We are so close to having enough money to cut a check without being "out" anything since we decided to start saving sometime in May when we recharged the A/C. It doesn't like heating the house when it is <35 degrees outside, AKA it switches to the aux heat mode at that point and we might as well set dollar bills on fire in the fireplace for how much that costs to keep up. On an unrelated note, it is going to be 27 degrees Thursday morning. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Yay for aikido review!

Boo for heater woes. We went through the A/C part of that last year. I hope you can keep your heating system running until next year. Do you actually have a functional fireplace? I know they are usually horribly inefficient, but if you can get free wood, you could take some pressure off the main system.

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Oh joy. Like Shaar, we have had consistently cold weather for the last month. Everyone is thrilled that the sun finally came out after weeks of grey skies. That up and down stuff is awful. I hope you avoid the plague.

Level 76  Viking paladin

1 minute ago, Mistr said:

Boo for heater woes. We went through the A/C part of that last year. I hope you can keep your heating system running until next year. Do you actually have a functional fireplace? I know they are usually horribly inefficient, but if you can get free wood, you could take some pressure off the main system.

We do and it does help a bit during the evening part of the day when husband makes it happen. The smell is amazing.

2 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Oh joy. Like Shaar, we have had consistently cold weather for the last month. Everyone is thrilled that the sun finally came out after weeks of grey skies. That up and down stuff is awful. I hope you avoid the plague.

Currently seeking the balance between misery and shocking my body with toasty heat to freezing cold transitions. Difficult but not impossible to manage. Currently wearing a short sleeve shirt inside the office right now because gym days make me able to do such things.

• Like 1

12/5/2018

giphy.gif

Ukemi like this?

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 2164 : 2121

Aikido

Jo. 2/8

Tech Review. 3/12

Adulting

Measurements - 12/10

Do the Can-Can.

Dust All the Things.

Drain the Shoe Swamp.

Squat

45           5

135         5

145         3

165         1

185         1

190         1

200         2x1

Deadlifts

135         5

160         5

185         3

205         1

225         3x1--morning PR +4lbs

This was definitely a mixed bag of a session. Squats just weren't there for me this time, but on the flip side cutting those off early gave me more room to "PR" deadlifts. 

Do any of you have people at work who want you to do things--I don't mean one-off things, but like changes to your workflow--but even they don't know how to communicate what they want you to do because they actually don't know what your department's workflow looks like in the first place? That's my life right now. 

Aikido was taitsabaki stuffs, and I got to help teach a new blue belt (who is a black belt in karate BTW....) the things. That was a riot. Went home and PRACTICED it AGAIN OMG. The end is nigh, get your affairs in order. I hate days when they say to do ukemi from one end of the mat to the other in a line. This assumes I can control where I end up and that is a dirty lie!

• Like 2

12/6/2018

giphy.gif

Thursdays are hard

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 2187 : 2210

Aikido

Jo. 2/8

Tech Review. 4/12

Adulting

Measurements - 12/10

Do the Can-Can.

Dust All the Things.

Drain the Shoe Swamp.

Thursdays are hard. 3 hours of meetings are also hard, especially when they're unexpected in the late afternoon and blow out your late "meal" you had planned...and then I went home and made dinner before nap time, at which point I fell asleep until 11. I was tempted to just roll over and turn the light off, but I had to eat dinner, so I did that and transferred video from my phone to my laptop. When I turned the light off for real, I realized I had forgotten technique review, so I did that in my head to refresh sankyo, u. kotegaeshi, and the bokken taisabaki. Whee. Done with this week now.

• Like 2

12/7/2018 - 12/9/2018

giphy.gif

Gone fishing

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 2269 : 2375, 2139, 2277

Aikido

Jo. 2/8

Tech Review. 4/12

Adulting

Measurements - 12/8

Do the Can-Can.

Dust All the Things.

Drain the Shoe Swamp.

Friday

OHP

45         5

55         5

65         3

70         1

77         3x1

81.5      5x1

Bench

45         5

70         5

80         3

95         1

100       1

82         3x3

Another decent OHP session that didn't start off feeling that way. Also the lights were off again for the first half-ish of the morning and I was wearing the same shirt as I had on the first time it happened. HMM. The reason the lights were off was the girl who was assigned to open the gym that morning apparently had enough privilege to possess the key to the DOOR, but not to the box that controls the LIGHTS. The lights over the free weight section are specifically sacred, apparently, because all of the others worked just fine. WTF. But despite that, we did some srs singles within spitting distance of maximal weight, which as it turned out would be the theme of the weekend. 

It were cold and dull and by the end of it I was all like, good God get me out of the building before I claw my way through the brick....only to sit in traffic forever on the way to the store. Yeeeee this is living, my friends. 

Saturday

Waist. 24.5 - 25.3 - 0.8

Hips. 35.0 - 34.5 - -0.5

Thigh L. 20.0 - 20.3 - 0.3

Thigh R. 20.1 - 20.6 - 0.5

Weight. 117.4 - 117.2 - -0.2

Squat

45           5

145         5

165         3

185         1

195         2x1

200         1

205         1

210         2x1

Deadlifts

135         5

160         5

185         3

200         2

225         1

240         3x1

225         3x1

So I forgot to measure around my navel. Oops. Anyways, the measurements I did take were a mixed bag and not sure I care. My body held onto water like it was in a desert during the week due I figure to a random sodium spike (thanks for playing, fast food Chinese), it's Shark Week now, God knows what's actually going on. I'm rebounding on my lifts now, so whatever shenanigans happened to cause joint aches and weakness has dissipated and DLTDHYAOTWO. Sorta. I should have been able to do more/better on squats than I did, but trust me I topped out at 210, and that at least let me save time for deadlifts. Good thing, too, because a trio of hijab-clad women stepped up to use the rack and had I been messing around more they wouldn't have had much of a session. One of them was the leader who had lifting shoes, a bargain bin belt, and a halfway solid high bar squat, the other was using a belt for the first time and it was kinda funny because the belt they started with was not her size at all, and the last one was a whiner who lacked the strength to do proper squats apparently, so it was hip circle shenanigans and leg press for her (she had to be babysat by the leader and complained, hence her nickname...I could have chosen to be more unflattering still, but there ya go). 

240 was difficult to pull for sets, maybe next time it will be nicer.

Laundry is staying at an accelerated pace vs typical time I start worrying about cycling the washer and dryer, which makes Saturday nights less of a sopping wet clothes-hanging fest. This is important in winter, when there are both more clothing to hang and colder in-house temperatures that prolongs the magic of drying. Not a great combo when the time to get this stuff done does not also stretch at all. 

Sunday

I got so much done on Sunday. I did all the laundry in record time, I hung up stuff that was sitting on the desk, paid a stupid $962 bill related to the surgery last month BLECH I hope they gave him the premium anesthesia at that rate along with the lovely sewer bill that needs to be converted to an online account so I can stop buying stamps and checks like the rest of humanity, cooked tamale pie that made use of a big can of whole tomatoes I forgot I both had and needed when I was at the store FORGETFULNESS WIN, napped the glorious midday nap of the dead, made eggs for lunch + Monday morning, watched some Aikido technique videos even though it wasn't a Monday or a Tuesday or a Wednesday or a Thursday even like I'm actually serious about this stuff guys honest, sampled the chocolate rum ball coffee at 5:30PM and it were good, hung some more ornaments on tree so it's less sad now, DECLUTTERED THE KITCHEN TABLE (unfortunately I only made a half-hearted effort at cleaning the actual glass...next time Captain Planet), helped husband bag some stuff that didn't fit him anymore by putting it next to my hoard of junk to be donated, prayed I would still have all my digits after the cold snap seizes us all in its icy grip.....

All in no particular order. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Urgan said:

The reason the lights were off was the girl who was assigned to open the gym that morning apparently had enough privilege to possess the key to the DOOR, but not to the box that controls the LIGHTS.

That is a, uh, special kind of special.............

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, shaar said:

That is a, uh, special kind of special.............

Years from now, science will still be unable to explain this phenomenon. 

12/10/2018

giphy.gif

Commuter life

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 2227 : 2227

Aikido

Jo. 3/8

Tech Review. 5/12

Adulting

Measurements - 12/8

Do the Can-Can.

Dust All the Things.

Drain the Shoe Swamp.

Bench

45         5

60         5

70         3

85         3

95         1

103       4x2--2RM PR + .5LB!!

95         2

OHP

45         2x5

50         5

55         3

70         1

66         5x3

Scored a bench PR, which I wouldn't have guessed from 2 weeks ago's poor showing. Took a wider grip, the grip I should have been using the whole time, and that probably helped a good bit by getting my pecs involved in the process. Still had time to hit OHP. 

What a COLD. WET. STUPID DRIVER-FILLED. DAY. Every time you have a wet night, rush hour is a cluster farkle full of poor visibility and horn-happy, impatient, entitled asshattery. As you do. Put me 30 minutes late getting to my parents' place to do Aikido-related things. I've spent last week working with three different language apps in order to finally learn some Japanese after a mere 20-ish years of telling myself that I can't. Drops, Duolingo, and LingoDeer. All three are good in different ways, I'm probably going to keep up with them until one just feels pointless.

Aikido was in a stroke of good fortune a Jo Kata I kinda night. Means I get to do a two-fer on my goals~ Also taught/led a new blue belt through the thing after Sensei went through it a few times with them and Sensei said I did it right, so. Always good to have someone scrutinizing you that closely to make sure you aren't teaching it wrong.

Did I mention it was cold? 30 degrees cold? And wet. And it iced last night, which turned the town into a roller rink....I saw a car flipped over in the trees off the side of I-59 with its rear windshield bashed completely out. Good times.

12/11/2018

giphy.gif

Smooth

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 2182 : 2137

Aikido

Jo. 4/8

Tech Review. 6/12

Adulting

Measurements - 12/8

Do the Can-Can.

Dust All the Things.

Drain the Shoe Swamp.

It iced overnight, as I mentioned in the last post, so Tuesday was a late start getting into the office because ice skating with cars is not such fun. Long day was long and chicken betrayed me yet again. I thought I had forgotten to buy canned chicken, so I trudged to the store and bought the chicken. Got home and did my thing, got to the point of dumping cans in the pressure cooker when I came eye-to-eye with a can of corn. I thought, wow that would be kinda neat to dump in the white chicken chili....and then it hit me. I'm making a totally different version of chili. One that calls for ground chicken. Which I had in fact bought. * facepalm * Dumped a pound of ground chicken in there after the 25oz of canned and called it a life. Napped until after 10:30 and scrambled to do all the things--eat, pack food, aikido, Japanese practice, winding down time. Forgot moisturizer, because I couldn't do anything right and/or timely.

On the plus side of having chosen the canned corn vs the frozen white and yellow corn in the freezer, I am very close to having cleaned out my canned goods shelf. Yay?

• Like 2

12/12/2018

giphy.gif

Demonstration

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 2212 : 2272

Aikido

Jo. 5/8

Tech Review. 7/12

Adulting

Measurements - 12/8

Do the Can-Can.

Dust All the Things.

Drain the Shoe Swamp.

Squat

45           5

115         5

135         3

145         3

165         1

185         5x2--morning 2RM PR + 2.5lbs

Deadlifts

135         5

170         3

190         1

213         3x2--morning 2RM PR + 3lbs

Not a bad morning all around. Felt pretty good in the gym. Unfortunately, this was the day of presenting a demonstration to upper management using tools I have not used more than 3 times and for the first time this week. And the Internet was acting up. It was glorious. Then I went and got all the fingernails on one hand bent back uke'ing for an orange belt testee because hard grip of the gi + sudden reversal = no. Then I went home and ate all the things because I forgot to eat everything I had planned due to the demo meeting shell shock. Chocolate, olives, truffles, potato chips. Oh and I did my Japanese study + jo kata + watched Aikido videos.

• Like 2

12/13/2018

giphy.gif

Carry on, nothing to see here

Nutrition 

2300 Calories. 2210 : 2203

Aikido

Jo. 6/8

Tech Review. 8/12

Adulting

Measurements - 12/8

Do the Can-Can.

Dust All the Things.

Drain the Shoe Swamp.

I have essentially conquered the canned goods, but I want to take it a step farther and just flat throw out the remaining goods that are expired and we haven't touched in over a year. COUGH. So far, so good. I am doing pretty well with my macros and my lifts are feeling good this week, too. Even bench. Score. Also keeping up with technique review, which seems like a miracle, and in unrelated news I am trying to turn the lights off a little earlier than I've been doing lately. Shark Week is pulling a two-fer, sadly, so it can't all be good news. 

On 12/10/2018 at 10:02 AM, Urgan said:

It were cold and dull and by the end of it I was all like, good God get me out of the building before I claw my way through the brick....only to sit in traffic forever on the way to the store. Yeeeee this is living, my friends. 

Considering how much time you spend in ugly traffic, you need a collection of upbeat music and podcasts for your car.

On 12/10/2018 at 10:02 AM, Urgan said:

I got so much done on Sunday. I did all the laundry in record time, I hung up stuff that was sitting on the desk, paid a stupid $962 bill related to the surgery last month BLECH I hope they gave him the premium anesthesia at that rate along with the lovely sewer bill that needs to be converted to an online account so I can stop buying stamps and checks like the rest of humanity, cooked tamale pie that made use of a big can of whole tomatoes I forgot I both had and needed when I was at the store FORGETFULNESS WIN, napped the glorious midday nap of the dead, made eggs for lunch + Monday morning, watched some Aikido technique videos even though it wasn't a Monday or a Tuesday or a Wednesday or a Thursday even like I'm actually serious about this stuff guys honest, sampled the chocolate rum ball coffee at 5:30PM and it were good, hung some more ornaments on tree so it's less sad now, DECLUTTERED THE KITCHEN TABLE (unfortunately I only made a half-hearted effort at cleaning the actual glass...next time Captain Planet), helped husband bag some stuff that didn't fit him anymore by putting it next to my hoard of junk to be donated, prayed I would still have all my digits after the cold snap seizes us all in its icy grip.....

Yay for doing all the things!

On 12/12/2018 at 9:12 AM, Urgan said:

It iced overnight, as I mentioned in the last post, so Tuesday was a late start getting into the office because ice skating with cars is not such fun. Long day was long and chicken betrayed me yet again. I thought I had forgotten to buy canned chicken, so I trudged to the store and bought the chicken. Got home and did my thing, got to the point of dumping cans in the pressure cooker when I came eye-to-eye with a can of corn. I thought, wow that would be kinda neat to dump in the white chicken chili....and then it hit me. I'm making a totally different version of chili. One that calls for ground chicken. Which I had in fact bought. * facepalm * Dumped a pound of ground chicken in there after the 25oz of canned and called it a life.

You made food. Extra chicken for extra bonus points. Say you meant to do that and all is good.

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

I have essentially conquered the canned goods, but I want to take it a step farther and just flat throw out the remaining goods that are expired and we haven't touched in over a year. COUGH. So far, so good. I am doing pretty well with my macros and my lifts are feeling good this week, too. Even bench. Score. Also keeping up with technique review, which seems like a miracle, and in unrelated news I am trying to turn the lights off a little earlier than I've been doing lately. Shark Week is pulling a two-fer, sadly, so it can't all be good news. 

Victory over canned goods!

Dumbledore helped me put away groceries last weekend and cleaned out a bunch of canned goods. I'm sure some of them were things that we moved 6 years ago. One of the cans was starting to bulge. I know there are more stale things hiding in the back of the cupboard. They can stay there for a while as long as they don't start crawling out. I'm focusing my attention on the fridge for now.

Level 76  Viking paladin

43 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Considering how much time you spend in ugly traffic, you need a collection of upbeat music and podcasts for your car.

I do have an extensive playlist, but there's only so much it can do for my poor tired eyes lol.

44 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Victory over canned goods!

Dumbledore helped me put away groceries last weekend and cleaned out a bunch of canned goods. I'm sure some of them were things that we moved 6 years ago. One of the cans was starting to bulge. I know there are more stale things hiding in the back of the cupboard. They can stay there for a while as long as they don't start crawling out. I'm focusing my attention on the fridge for now.

I would be giving that garbage can the side eye until it goes in the dumpster, lol. Sketchy. But there's nothing as liberating as a clean pantry. I need to do the shelf below it as well, it's in need of assistance also.

I did a thing today. I paid off the loan for our security system, which saves us $327 per year over the next 3.5 years. AKA Too Much Money. It just occurred to me that we might be treadmilling that bad boy or might as well be, at that rate. So I fixed it. This combined with the surgery cost is a bit of a blow, but we'll cope. And we have the money for the climate control replacement anytime we want to schedule that, so. I realigned our savings plans to take this into account. 

It doesn't hurt that I could not post the payment using their mobile site for several reasons. I had to inform their tech support that the site refuses to acknowledge a dollar amount of oh, randomly 1175.16 as a decimal amount formatted as 99999999.999....adding a zero to the end of .16(0) disables the Submit button. I'm in ur site, QAing it. Registering hit a snag when I created my online account for them just today through GMail, backed out to check the "confirmation code" email they had just sent, only to lose session which locked me out of my newly created account because the field to enter the confirmation code was lost, logging in wasn't possible, AND I couldn't reregister because security hinges on loan number and user name. SIGH. I am glad to know I am not going to have to interact with that site anymore....

• Like 1