4/12/2019 - 4/14/2019

giphy.gif

The best anime ever made

武士道

Justice/Rectitude 

Within: Samurai Don't Complain (in class)

-

Without: Giri

Floss - 13/35

Scrub walls/cabinets

Clean kitchen table

Clean toilet

Clean shower

Clean sinks

Clean kitchen counters

Mop floor

Courage

Within: Crying in the Dojo

Aikido - 5/10

Without: Keep heizen and carry on

Gun research - 0/3

Audit Grocery Bill - 740 (880), 276 (388)

Audit Power Bill - 116,

Benevolence

Within and Without: Love

Learn first-aid - 44%

Donate

Check up on people - 7/10

Dad Training - 3/5

9:00 Dinner - 4/10

Cat food/water - 8/15

Cat grooming - 1/5

Politeness

Within: Rēsetsu

Curse Count - 3

Concentration Under the Bar - 5/19

Without: Do 

Shodo Research - 2/2

Drawing Japanese Characters - 3/2

Watch an Anime Instead of Napping Maybe

Nutrition 

2450 Calories. 2316 : 2332, 2356, 2444

I don't really remember much of what happened on Friday, TBPH. Oh wait, yes I do. I bought brush markers and spent rather more effort with them than I had any business doing late on a Friday. It's exhausting work, actually. Posted my efforts on the Insta. The short version is right hand is the way to go, even for a lefty. Sigh.

Saturday was karate tournament volunteer time and a garbage gym day after that. I think my volume is out of kilter between deadlifts and squats. It's not a recovery issue, because upper body is going great. I noped right out of driving back across town for a party at Sensei's house because trying not to be the reason the tournament is ruined is emotionally exhausting and the logistics are no good--by the time I get home, there is a -20% I will be having any fun or be fun to be around by way of leaving. Nope. I feel kind of bad about it, but not bad enough to do anything differently.

Sunday was a pretty average Sunday, with less to do and more time to lie in bed. Perfect, given the tornado-esque weather we had overnight. I finished My Roommate is a Cat and jumped my happy self straight into Fruits Basket and it is amazing if you are not watching it, ask yourself what are you doing with your life and are you okay with the choices you have made to get yourself to this point?

I'm on track with everything except I forgot to brush the cats and I need to make gun research a priority in week 3. That's okay, I've been getting a lot of stuff out of the way. My anxiety levels in the gym are slowly going down. Still have that Everyone In the Gym Hates Me feeling, but that's inner noise mostly. I think. I am very proud of how little cursing has happened without having to strain too much. 

7 hours ago, ReturnOfTheDad said:

You wouldn’t happen to have a Nissan would you? I just took mine in for that a few weeks ago and it was a debacle.

Nope, no Nissans here. The repair itself seems to be just fine (I mean, unless the car explodes how would I know?), at least. Hopefully your debacle only took out a single day?

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

I gotta say, well done to the person who spilled coffee on the wall of the break room. Really going the distance there.....

• Confused 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

14 hours ago, Urgan said:

Hopefully your debacle only took out a single day?

About a day, but they just weren’t really paying attention since it want a high dollar repair and lots of annoying delays ensued. I guess that’s just how things go with dealerships though. There’s a small auto shop close to us that we really like and take our cars there for everything else.

• Sad 1

4/15/2019

giphy.gif

IT'S TAX DAY BOYS AND GIRLS

武士道

Justice/Rectitude 

Hard mode: working with two partners. Was mindful of what I chose to say nonetheless.

Floss - 14/35

Scrub walls/cabinets

Clean kitchen table

Clean toilet

Clean shower

Clean sinks

Clean kitchen counters

Mop floor

Courage

Aikido - 6/10

Gun research - 0/3

Audit Power Bill - 116,

Benevolence

Learn first-aid - 44%

Donate

Check up on people - 8/10

Dad Training - 3/5

9:00 Dinner - 4/10

Cat food/water - 8/15

Cat grooming - 1/5

Politeness

Curse Count - 3

Concentration Under the Bar - 6/19

Shodo Research - 2/2

Nutrition 

2450 Calories. 2465 : 2465

Managing thoughts at the gym is tricky when you have the irrational impulse that everyone hates you, right in the moment you realize it's stupid but that's how it goes. Had some positive/neutral encounters that helped a bit. I want it where I have a minimal amount of human interaction just to confirm I'm not a pariah. Yay. 92lb bench 5RM PR of 1lb for 5 sets just barely left time for any OHP at all. If the weight is heavy enough, I'm not thinking about anything else. That may be the answer to life.

Flossed, Aikido'd, didn't curse at my parents' house (except in a quotation that required it...). Aikido consisted of the last part of yokomenuchi kotegaeshi, the radial hold variation. Afterward we reviewed how the first two parts went so it wouldn't totally go down the memory hole. I watched the technique video and reviewed Jo Kata II, I refuse to have to relearn it from scratch. 

Husband got slow-mo pinned by a forklift for a couple seconds, so I spent some time beating on him and applying Tiger Balm, as you do. There will be bruising where the pressure was greatest, but we'll see how it goes. He was up 'n at 'em this morning at least.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ReturnOfTheDad said:

About a day, but they just weren’t really paying attention since it want a high dollar repair and lots of annoying delays ensued. I guess that’s just how things go with dealerships though. There’s a small auto shop close to us that we really like and take our cars there for everything else.

Dealerships are lame. Good to know without sinking personal funds in a repair with them at least.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 9:51 AM, Urgan said:

Saturday was karate tournament volunteer time and a garbage gym day after that. I think my volume is out of kilter between deadlifts and squats. It's not a recovery issue, because upper body is going great. I noped right out of driving back across town for a party at Sensei's house because trying not to be the reason the tournament is ruined is emotionally exhausting and the logistics are no good--by the time I get home, there is a -20% I will be having any fun or be fun to be around by way of leaving. Nope. I feel kind of bad about it, but not bad enough to do anything differently.

Yeah, there comes a point when you have spent too much time being polite to people. Regardless of how much you like the people, a party does not sound like fun. Smart decision.

On 4/15/2019 at 9:51 AM, Urgan said:

I'm on track with everything except I forgot to brush the cats and I need to make gun research a priority in week 3. That's okay, I've been getting a lot of stuff out of the way. My anxiety levels in the gym are slowly going down. Still have that Everyone In the Gym Hates Me feeling, but that's inner noise mostly. I think. I am very proud of how little cursing has happened without having to strain too much. 

You are at this gym ALL THE TIME. Are there usually a bunch of jerks there? I would think you would be considered one of the regulars by now. Who are these judgemental people?

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

Husband got slow-mo pinned by a forklift for a couple seconds, so I spent some time beating on him and applying Tiger Balm, as you do. There will be bruising where the pressure was greatest, but we'll see how it goes. He was up 'n at 'em this morning at least.

Yeeesh! That is scary. Good for you for providing first aid and PT.

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Dealerships are lame. Good to know without sinking personal funds in a repair with them at least.

I'm learning that too. My used car supposedly came with a year of free maintenance service. That is supposed to be honored at any dealership, not just the one two hours away where we bought the car. So I've been going to the local dealer every 5000 miles when my car bugs me about it.

The customer waiting room is first rate. They have a fancy beverage dispenser, fresh cookies, a comfy lounge and a kid's area. Any service comes with a free car wash. For simple things you can just show up and wait, no appointment required.

The most recent time I figured out why they include so much. My car was due for a tire rotation and oil change. The service guy came back and told me some story about why that really is not covered by my service plan. He can give me a discount. If I want the free service, I have to drive two hours each way. Yeah, right. Since when is an oil change not basic maintenance? Plus they charge $46 for it.  I'll see about getting one more free tire rotation there, then I'm taking my car to my regular mechanic.

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

5 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Yeah, there comes a point when you have spent too much time being polite to people. Regardless of how much you like the people, a party does not sound like fun. Smart decision.

Being polite and ON constantly for 3+ hours for the sake of not screwing anyone over horribly...a party afterward is something extroverts would come up with.

7 minutes ago, Mistr said:

You are at this gym ALL THE TIME. Are there usually a bunch of jerks there? I would think you would be considered one of the regulars by now. Who are these judgemental people?

I am, it's mostly inner noise + a few negative interactions by people who don't understand headphones + dead tree book.

11 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Yeeesh! That is scary. Good for you for providing first aid and PT.

Word is his back's fine, but his ribs feel bruised. We have concluded he got off lucky.

11 minutes ago, Mistr said:

I'm learning that too. My used car supposedly came with a year of free maintenance service. That is supposed to be honored at any dealership, not just the one two hours away where we bought the car. So I've been going to the local dealer every 5000 miles when my car bugs me about it.

The customer waiting room is first rate. They have a fancy beverage dispenser, fresh cookies, a comfy lounge and a kid's area. Any service comes with a free car wash. For simple things you can just show up and wait, no appointment required.

The most recent time I figured out why they include so much. My car was due for a tire rotation and oil change. The service guy came back and told me some story about why that really is not covered by my service plan. He can give me a discount. If I want the free service, I have to drive two hours each way. Yeah, right. Since when is an oil change not basic maintenance? Plus they charge $46 for it.  I'll see about getting one more free tire rotation there, then I'm taking my car to my regular mechanic.

Is the repair really free if you have to use a tank of gas to commute to the free repair? Sigh.

In this place the sales area was vaulted open concept with all the sexy wood, metal, slate flooring, and tons of natural lighting coming in. The waiting area for repair has low pile brown carpet with an annoying tv overhead and access to a Bunn coffeepot and water fountain. A tale of two transactions.

• Like 1

4/16/2019

giphy.gif

Tuesdays got me like

武士道

Justice/Rectitude 

-

Floss - 15/35

Scrub walls/cabinets

Clean kitchen table

Clean toilet

Clean shower

Clean sinks

Clean kitchen counters

Mop floor

Courage

Aikido - 6/10

Gun research - 0/3

Audit Power Bill - 116,

Benevolence

Learn first-aid - 44%

Donate

Dad Training - 3/5

9:00 Dinner - 5/10

Cat food/water - 8/15

Cat grooming - 1/5

Politeness

Curse Count - 3

Concentration Under the Bar - 6/19

Shodo Research - 2/2

Nutrition 

2450 Calories. 2575 : 2686

I've noticed that I've had more energy getting out of bed this week so far than prior weeks. Maybe there's something to this turning off the light at or before 11:30 Sunday night thing? I was still tired enough to nap when I got home, but I made dinner at a semi-sane time--nevertheless, it was a fail because I only got 10oz of canned chicken for chili when I should have had at minimum twice as much. Whoops. Otherwise, we good.

To do:

- First Aid Training

- Gun Research

- Figure out if my dinking with deadlift programming and skipping 5s week multiple times correlates to a degrading of squat performance. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

To do:

- First Aid Training - working on it now

- Gun Research - Google is warming up in the bullpen

- Figure out if my dinking with deadlift programming and skipping 5s week multiple times correlates to a degrading of squat performance. 

Thing I did today that I didn't put on my heizen goal because I was waffling about it out of fear: consolidating my old job's retirement account! Yes, that sucker stopped getting new money dumped in it in 2016 and just hung out there doing its thing until this very hour (fun fact: apparently it gained nearly 30% since I last touched it...). This was galvanized by mail earlier in the month telling me the old plan was migrating to another investment company, which would make combining them even more fun, so I cowgirl'd up and made the phone call after determining that yes this is a thing you can do by way of digging into the ~Investment Company Mobile Site~. 

adjflejfwejowepgjeropgjarogajdfldjkfal 

I Adulted so hard today. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Urgan said:

To do:

- First Aid Training

- Gun Research

So I am reposting the link that @ReturnOfTheDad supplied for my evening reading: https://www.pewpewtactical.com/best-9mm-ammo-self-defense-range/

Turns out the same site has a very deep guide to guns, the first chapter seems like everything you'd need to know to not sound like a bloomin' idjit on the subject. Which seems like a good goal for this month....

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Urgan said:

~Investment Company Mobile Site~. 

giphy.gif

ThoseMenacingGoldeneye-size_restricted.g

giphy.gif

You deserve 46 awards and a break from adulting for the rest of the week.

Also the fact that a site called PEWPEWTACTICAL DOT COM exists gives me hope for the future.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

4/17/2019

giphy.gif

Wholesome

武士道

Justice/Rectitude 

There was whimpering at the first demonstration of maegeri kokyunage (front kick timing throw), but it was from pure fear for my knees. I stopped when it came time to start actually doing it.

Floss - 16/35

Scrub walls/cabinets

Clean kitchen table

Clean toilet

Clean shower

Clean sinks

Clean kitchen counters

Mop floor

Courage

Aikido - 7/10

Gun research - 1/3

Audit Power Bill - 116,

Benevolence

Learn first-aid - 51%

Donate

Dad Training - 3/5

9:00 Dinner - 5/10

Cat food/water - 8/15

Cat grooming - 1/5

Politeness

Curse Count - 3

Concentration Under the Bar - 7/19

Shodo Research - 2/2

Nutrition 

2450 Calories. 2491 : 2406

I could be described as a newly post-hibernation bear being confronted by a militant vegan about its omnivorous lifestyle in the gym when people INSIST on talking at me. Not once but TWICE PFM came at me when the first time I failed to react sufficiently. Apparently I am great, just like the 4 other people who entered the gym before and after me. Every. Single. Day. For the last three years. I replied back with a cold deadpan "Thank you." to the PF in a way that begs him to take the hint and stop, but it's going to get ugly pretty soon if he persists in obliviousness. Raise your hand if you want to be forced to be fake polite before 7AM. Not the kind of empty politeness of greeting someone in passing, but you actually are very annoyed by this person but pretend you aren't because that is the fastest path to be rid of them. This made it difficult to keep my focus on the task at hand, because I am processing how to go forward from this point. I'm honestly not sure, I just want to work out and people won't let me. 

Anyway. I Did the Thing hardcore with rolling over le retirement plan on time, did a lot of work on first aid training, AND did some reading of the beginner's gun guide I posted above. I ate all the food, as I have been doing this week so far, and my energy is up. Hilarious given this is the week I had projected my strength/energy to be at its lowest by way of Hormones. I took my magnesium supplement down from two pills to one and have noticed I have more frequent (decent) BMs lately. Correlation is not causation, but I haven't had any increase in headaches (yet), so I'm calling it a good move. 

I ended up behind my typical Aikido partner in traffic on the way home, honked (she ignored it, thinking it wasn't for her...), then texted and she figured it out. That was pretty funny. ZERO CURSING HAPPENED AT PARENTS' HOUSE.  We did in fact do the maegeri without destroying any knees in the process. Afterward we all threw money at a classmate to fund a birthday gift for Sensei next week that includes a hakama-clad bobblehead which looks eerily like Sensei. When I got home, I reviewed Jo Kata II (it appears I am remembering it correctly without hiccups at this point) and maegiri. I'm going to need to step up my video review if I want to retain the ones I have already done. Japanese lessons are still happening with an unbroken streak of ~120 days. Watched an episode of Amanchu then went to sleep. 

26 minutes ago, shaar said:

You deserve 46 awards and a break from adulting for the rest of the week.

I wish I could print this out like a voucher and cash it in with Life....

26 minutes ago, shaar said:

Also the fact that a site called PEWPEWTACTICAL DOT COM exists gives me hope for the future.....

You gotta love a site that doesn't take itself so seriously.

• Like 2

4/18/2019

giphy.gif

Foreign relations: a hypothetical

武士道

Justice/Rectitude 

-

Floss - 17/35

Scrub walls/cabinets

Clean kitchen table

Clean toilet

Clean shower

Clean sinks

Clean kitchen counters

Mop floor

Courage

Aikido - 7/10

Gun research - 2/3

Audit Power Bill - 116,

Benevolence

Learn first-aid - 61%

Donate

Dad Training - 3/5

9:00 Dinner - 6/10

Cat food/water - 9/15

Cat grooming - 1/5

Politeness

Curse Count - 3

Shodo Research - 2/2

Nutrition 

2450 Calories. 2371 : 2251

Thursday was a very hum-drum day for me. My husband had to day-trip it to Baton Rouge to return a car to a client that had had the vehicle flooded out in Houston not once, but twice. If you know anything about eastern North American weather this week, you know there's a wall of water with bonus tornadoes headed our way during this time. Lost a trailer tire on the way there due to a combination of bad roads and heavy, heavy load, as is common with trailers and large vehicles. So that was interesting. 

Goals-wise, I worked on first aid training and gun research, glanced at the cat bowls before leaving for work to make sure they had enough stuff for the day...and that's about it. Made dinner late, but I started on time by the power of alarm clocks. Dad's on track to complete another week by himself with no one to physically meet up with and hold him accountable. Amazing. The latest challenge: Easter is on Sunday, Easter is a holiday aka the gym is closed, and that's when he seems to be wanting to lift on weekends. JOIN US NEXT TIME FOR THE EXCITING CONCLUSION.

Friday gym session was strange. Of course the strangeness had nothing to do with the purpose anyone should have to go to a gym--to do a fitness-related thing. Cue your shocked faces. No, it's the dang people again. This time it wasn't the typical PFM greeting the world, he somehow seems to have gotten the message I don't want none. It was the Eastern European Old Man who always has something to say that could only be categorized as annoying or poking fun, everyone's favorite thing especially first thing in the morning, right--it's his idea of joking and it turns out in a shocking twist his sense of humor is the actual worst. Well he's coming up to me and saying something, thanks to God's gift of Loud Music I can't hear what exactly it is, but I have never had a verbal exchange that wasn't some flavor of Torment, so I don't take my earbuds out, I keep right on walking toward the weight tree, and sigh loudly while deciding what if anything I am going to say/do next. The guy starts popping the nearby hanging punching bag like he's waiting for me to come back over from my weight-exchange mission when PFM intercepts him and starts talking (they're good buddies, naturally). So I think he saved me from having to actually engage the guy.  

You can't just not make eye contact and keep to yourself. No, you have to make a decision, in the sage words of Outasight, "if it's worth the fight or letting it slide." I realize this is in fact my fault, I have been doing what it takes to let it slide for years, except it's not sliding out of my head and it's not stopping. I'm going to have to face the worst offenders square on and ask them to PLEASE STOP. If that doesn't work and they persist, then it will get ugly for real. I'm a conflict avoider and it's not for any more noble a reason than I don't want unpleasantness hanging in the air from now on, I don't want anyone to hate me because who wants that, but there's a huge misapprehension of the situation that isn't helping anybody and I have to make myself clear. Sigh. 

• Like 1

4/19/2019 - 4/21/2019

giphy.gif

Easter festivities

武士道

Justice/Rectitude 

-

Floss - 19/35

Scrub walls/cabinets

Clean kitchen table

Clean toilet

Mop floor

Clean shower

Clean sinks

Clean kitchen counters

Courage

Aikido - 7/10

Gun research - 2/3

Audit Grocery Bill - 740 (880), 418 (547)

Audit Power Bill - 116,

Benevolence

Learn first-aid - 61%

Donate

Dad Training - 4/5

Cat food/water - 11/15

Cat grooming - 2/5

Politeness

Curse Count - 3

Shodo Research - 2/2

Drawing Japanese Characters - 4/2

Nutrition 

2450 Calories. 2396 : 2253, 2226, 2486

5 week months are a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it's more time to accomplish things. On the other, so much more to track. 

Friday was a story of opposites. Gym day was okay if you ignore the above issue--the weights behaved themselves. I finished my hardback at the very end of the session and had a sad about that. Then I got to work and there was nothing to do....my husband ended up at a doc-in-the-box getting an X-ray because the ribs felt worse and he was checking for the damage (spoiler: there was none, he's just bruised as was predicted--apparently rib damage is slow to set it and likes to overstay its welcome). The doc visit and the day off were filed under workman's comp, and he scored himself some painkiller and anti-inflammatory so he could sleep the weekend away. It's the only way for him to stay indoors for 2.5 days without making us both want to kill ourselves. I got him Chick-fil-a for dinner and a frame for my purple belt certificate, which was hung up on Sunday. God bless tall ceilings.

Saturday was, as per the schedule, gym time. Squats went pretty well, given the months it'd been since I did 5s last. 174.5lbs is a 1.5lb 5RM PR, which I did for 5 sets. This smoked my chances of doing all the prescribed deadlifts, however. That was okay, I was just glad to have a good squat day after many a bad session in a row.

In between gym and dinner was grocery time, wherein I spotted an abomination known as "tropicles." They are pickles....packed in fruit punch. If we are obliterated from the earth for our transgressions, I will count this among the reasons. 

I decided to take a break from Panda and brought home Japanese-esque food instead. #varietyisthespiceoflife I spent a good chunk of the evening working on some calligraphy for mom, in lieu of having an actual card. Friday we were still wibbling about getting together, but then the rib thing reared its head, and what with one thing and another I just figured it better to stay in. 

Sunday was a smol chore day--we vacuumed and mopped, hung that certificate, and the usual stuff--which afforded for plenty of napping time. If I could lie in bed all day and it somehow not destroy Monday and Tuesday, I would. And shop for K-pop (and J-pop, such as it is possible to easily find in iTunes...grumble...). And watch an episode of Natsume Yujin-cho.

giphy.gif

@shaar I think I can recommend it to you now that things aren't Volatile Contents Under Pressure. The end of the third season (that I haven't gotten to yet) involves

a whole bunch of yokai throwing Natsume a party and playing tag

I read ahead because I wanted to cut and run <episode 10 if the ending turns out sad...and then I figured out this thing has 6 seasons so that wasn't the ending at all, but allll the episodes are just Helping Out Yokai, the Anime--some episodes turn out bittersweet and some are just plain hilarious.

(spoilered in case anybody crawls the wall over Crunchyroll episode summaries, out of an abundance of caution).

Well anyway, it's 6 seasons long, so if you want a reliable iyashikei there ya go. It's got supernatural Japanese folklore, it's got a chibi-neko/demon-neko character that follows the main guy around because he has something it wants but it can't kill him because Reasons,

giphy.gif

it's got friends who don't Get It but who are trying nontheless to Get It, it's got friendly, silly, sad, dumb, pitiful, and all manner of monster in between that all really need an adult and some absolution. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

On 4/19/2019 at 12:16 PM, Mistr said:

My sympathy on dealing with annoying people at the gym. I suppose saying "I'm on a tight schedule to get my workout done in the morning, sorry I don't have time to chat" is not going to work.

It's an idea, but I fear things would quickly get legalistic about how much time I've got, seeing as how I need several minutes' rest between sets. Saturday felt like the first normal gym day in a while, at least.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

In between gym and dinner was grocery time, wherein I spotted an abomination known as "tropicles." They are pickles....packed in fruit punch. If we are obliterated from the earth for our transgressions, I will count this among the reasons. 

Every day we stray further from God's light.................................

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

Well anyway, it's 6 seasons long, so if you want a reliable iyashikei there ya go. It's got supernatural Japanese folklore, it's got a chibi-neko/demon-neko character that follows the main guy around because he has something it wants but it can't kill him because Reasons,

it's got friends who don't Get It but who are trying nontheless to Get It, it's got friendly, silly, sad, dumb, pitiful, and all manner of monster in between that all really need an adult and some absolution. 

This sounds 100% perfect and I am here for it~

• Like 1

Just now, shaar said:

Every day we stray further from God's light.................................

Just imagine the cascade of emotions when I approached the jar thinking maybe it was some exotic foodstuff that now resides on the shelf for the curious to try, read the label, then reread the label and realize it is in fact an outrage against the divine.

4 minutes ago, shaar said:

This sounds 100% perfect and I am here for it~

I shall be most curious to hear what you think about the Boy Most Often Confused for His Grandmother. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Urgan said:

Just imagine the cascade of emotions when I approached the jar thinking maybe it was some exotic foodstuff that now resides on the shelf for the curious to try, read the label, then reread the label and realize it is in fact an outrage against the divine.

I almost want to try these now, just for the novelty.  Wow.  Wow..........................

7 hours ago, Urgan said:

I shall be most curious to hear what you think about the Boy Most Often Confused for His Grandmother. 

HOO BOY HOWDY that in and of ITSELF is just.... splendid.

• Haha 1

4/22/2019

giphy.gif

Fishy

武士道

Justice/Rectitude 

There might have been a smol whine, which happened while trying to figure out what to do with our feet while surrogate sensei is giving fine pointers involving being more confident with our movements. In a way that was precisely the problem lol.

Floss - 20/35

Scrub walls/cabinets

Clean kitchen table

Clean toilet

Mop floor

Clean shower

Clean sinks

Clean kitchen counters

Courage

Aikido - 8/10

Gun research - 2/3

Audit Power Bill - 116,

Benevolence

Learn first-aid - 61%

Donate

Dad Training - 4/5

Cat food/water - 11/15

Cat grooming - 2/5

Politeness

Curse Count - 3

Concentration Under the Bar - 8/19

Shodo Research - 2/2

Nutrition 

2450 Calories. 2512 : 2512

Not too much happened today outside of the gym, which featured a .5lb PR of 108.5 on bench. My headspace has improved a bit, not-swearing isn't as big an effort, we Aikido'd and did kumitachi 3 and 4, I went home and practiced those, Jo Kata II, and flossed. Then spent an inordinate amount of time browsing Waitr looking for Tuesday lunch, only to find out the next morning that there was meatloaf in the fridge the whole time. #storyofmylife

On that theme, one of the tuna packs that is sealed with foil on top had a break in the seal that got the foil flap oily, my first clue that air had gotten to the tuna. Tuna, olive oil, and herbs gone bad is.....bad, y'all.

• Like 1

4/23/2019

giphy.gif

Never look a gift horse in the mouth

武士道

Justice/Rectitude 

-

Floss - 21/35

Scrub walls/cabinets

Clean kitchen table

Clean toilet

Mop floor

Clean shower

Clean sinks

Clean kitchen counters

Courage

Aikido - 8/10

Gun research - 2/3

Audit Power Bill - 116,

Benevolence

Learn first-aid - 61%

Donate

Dad Training - 4/5

9:00 Dinner - 7/10

Cat food/water - 12/15

Cat grooming - 2/5

Politeness

Curse Count - 3

Concentration Under the Bar - 8/19

Shodo Research - 2/2

Nutrition 

2450 Calories. 2480 : 2448

A funny thing happened today. I decided to order a small something in spite of having lunch, just because I'd managed to hype myself up for getting food delivered. So I order sushi. 2 rolls. The great thing about sushi is you get it fast. When I picked up my bag, I noticed it was really, really heavy for two rolls. It was two trays of 24 pieces, each. EACH. Which works out to about 16 cents per piece for the actual food. I got a phone call from the restaurant checking in because apparently I got the wrong order?? They might have been worried I ended up with random food I didn't want, but it was the tuna roll I ordered....sadly I did not understand her super well aside from the driver picked up the wrong thing but I can keep it (obviously, who'd want sushi after I'd slobbered all over it picked it up?). Oh well. Clearly this is Providence for having bought tuna that spoiled on the store shelf before I got it.

Made dinner on time again, flossed. Blah blah blah.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, shaar said:

BONUS SUSHI

BEST

DAY

EVERRRRRRRRRRRR

Sushi quite literally for days.

• Like 1

4/24/2019

giphy.gif

How many gifs can I find of Nyanko-sensei eating? STAY TUNED

武士道

Justice/Rectitude 

You know, I sorta did and then again I kept my trap shut when I could said some stupid things, so I'll call it a draw.

Floss - 22/35

Scrub walls/cabinets

Clean kitchen table

Clean toilet

Mop floor

Clean shower

Clean sinks

Clean kitchen counters

Courage

Aikido - 9/10

Gun research - 3/3

Audit Power Bill - 116,

Benevolence

Learn first-aid - 61%

Donate

Dad Training - 4/5

9:00 Dinner - 7/10

Cat food/water - 12/15

Cat grooming - 2/5

Politeness

Curse Count - 4

Concentration Under the Bar - 9/19

Shodo Research - 2/2

Nutrition 

2450 Calories. 2414 : 2281

This was quite a day. I got two pair of singles of 201lbs and 230 for squats and rack pulls. Kept my head down and mostly avoided the guy I didn't want to interact with. He did insist on buzzing past me and doing the wave and yack, I didn't take out my earbuds or really react much. Short of having a confrontation, this might work. My bar zen was pretty good, all the same, in spite of carefully keeping my gaze directed away from the middle of the room at all times. 

Did a lot of reading about le guns. I'm still wibbling about which type of gun would be a first gun, however if I could pick two guns to buy so choice of type is not a thing, I could probably put my hands on a couple likely candidates or even buy today (assuming no horrible ergonomic issues). $$$$ is still a thing, and there are a LOT of accessories to sort through in order to make hauling, handling, and shooting not be awkward or painful while not going whole-hog on Day 1. PewPewTactical linked to The Well-Armed Woman so I'll be taking a look at that at some point. It looks particularly relevant in the carry/protection accessory department. 

Cursed once at home and it was totally unnecessary, oh well.

Aikido was about springing a surprise birthday present on Sensei, who has returned from karate tournament-coaching adventures. We got him a bobblehead custom-built to look like  him, which he got a kick out of. So now we have a new head Sensei. Then we did koshinage pt 2, O-goshi (the first one we've done, but I think he picked it because of its relative simplicity). So that was hilarious. Went home, practiced Jo Kata II, kumitachi 3 and 4, and a general attempt at O-goshi. 

Flossed. We doing this thing.

• Like 2

So, I can't link YouTube channels, but "Beau Of The Fifth Column" has a very informative and practical approach to firearms that I think is worth looking at, especially as regards training in their effective use. Fair warning, he's an editor for an anarchist newspaper, which colors some of his commentary, and I'm not sure what kind of a look that's going to give his information to you, but it does seem sound regardless of ideology.

I hope it helps. In the meantime, I'm glad that the Iron Zen was good. Sorry that there's awkwardness there now but I'm confident it'll pass eventually. These things do.

• Like 1