Yeeesh, all the misery at once. I hope that the weather clears up and your launch is successful.

If your mom has the crud that is going around here, she will be sick for at least a week. I know it is bad form to leave a care package at the door, ring the bell and run away. Too bad, since that would be the sensible thing to do. Otherwise you can implement plague control protocols and hope not to catch it. 🤧

Hang in there!

• Thanks 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

2 hours ago, loire said:

It's Drowning Week here too, continued from last week, so I guess this is Drowning Week pt Deux, aka What A Depressing Time of Year.  Everyone I know is in the poor weather doldrums.  Blaaaaaah.

It's raining nearly sideways at times. SIDEWAYS. WHY.

9 minutes ago, Mistr said:

If your mom has the crud that is going around here, she will be sick for at least a week. I know it is bad form to leave a care package at the door, ring the bell and run away. Too bad, since that would be the sensible thing to do. Otherwise you can implement plague control protocols and hope not to catch it. 🤧

Yeah better part of valor is to go straight home. I've been in a calorie deficit for two days (Stress: the Ultimate Appetite Suppressant), a sleep deficit for more than that, stressed the crap out about hair and logistics and farther back this upgrade nonsense. Perfect for snagging a shiny new disease. And likely transmitting it to some poor fool just wanting to practice Aikido on a snotty, drowny night. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

February 2020: Week 3

giphy.gif

Monday Morning Got Me Like

Tasks

Cat Grooming: 2/4

Toothbrushing: 19/28

Look Waiter in the Eye: 3/4

Clean Bathroom Sinks

Do the taxes

Truck Refi

Knife Care: Watch Jun's knife sharpening video again

Training

Aikido Tech Review: 2/8

Iaido - 0/2

Food

Find a fiber snack

Find a protein snack

Words

Writing: 17, 18, 32.1, 32.2, 33

LingoDeer: 15/20

Monday

Update Wakeup at 4:30AM, it ain't cool, y'all. But had to do gym or else what is the point in living anyway?

image.png.1b02141ebb3091ae0afda9c41375069b.png

PTO - Tuesday and Wednesday

To compensate for Sunday and Monday being blown the Hell I took some days off to try to compensate, and mostly succeeded. Tuesday I shredded junk mail, prepped tax documents to go to the people who handle that migraine for us, did some laundry, ate at my favorite place, finished Blackdog (finally). Wrote a good deal, none of it in the areas where I'd assigned importance at the start of this month, but in some ways what I have done is even a bigger deal. Let me attempt to explain:

So there's a whole flashback sequence I spent the holiday time lining up, right? Well, it's a character telling this information to other characters via dialogue, but I didn't want it to be in first person because I morally oppose writing in 1st person POV and don't want to turn this book into angsty supernatural lit trash, but I didn't want to use another way to convey the info because at the time I was convinced it wouldn't work, but upon further reflection it totally does work and it obviates the need to explain how he knows what he knows, handling vivid descriptions of place that would seem like rabbit-chasing compared to the important plot points, and eliminates the threat of 1st person being the more logical choice. SCORE. On Wednesday I actually had another epiphany about how to possibly end this story (at least for now...) and the need to stub out those plot points as tabs in the outline notebook so I can begin fleshing out what I deliriously imagined on the drive home from Aikido. I was too tired by the end of the day to do anything concrete toward that end, oh well. Gym and dojo <6 hours apart is rather tough.

Addit: some guy approached me in the gym and gave me the whole "I wish I liked to read" bit, and I did my best to casually evangelize to trying different books, use Amazon, etc. and he seemed kinda receptive to it.

Thursday

I come back and everything is freshly blown to Hell with nothing scheduled/attended when it normally would have been. Neat. Not 10AM and I'm having one of those Wish I Drank days.

There's really no qualifiers needed for the above. It settled from blown-to-Hell to agonizingly boring, but would you trade chaos levels of stress for brain cancer-inducing meetings? No, I think not.

I did give some thought to ordering the events I came up with on Wednesday--turned out harder than I'd envisioned, but that's how it goes.

Friday

Well I've been in the office 15 minutes and the sky hasn't fallen. Gym session was fine. We're going to see Sonic tonight barring said sky deciding to cash it in.

Things I remember about Friday: so many frickin' meetings, so much last minute testing down to the moment of leaving the office.

We did see Sonic, and it was a good little movie. After being dragged to The Last Jedi back in the Dark Ages, I declared movies a dead medium. They're just mostly dead, it seems. I ate popcorn and got tacos afterward, which somehow ended up involving sour cream. God knows how, I am pretty sure Husband ordered correctly. Oh well. I can describe in non-excruciating detail what it's like to ingest it.

Step 1 - The calm before the storm (Friday night), featuring: abdominal rash

Step 2 - The Silent Treatment (Saturday midday)

Step 3 - The Evacuation (Saturday afternoon)

Step 4 - Operation: Swamp Gas, also featuring abdominal rash (Saturday night)

Back to regularly scheduled programming

Saturday

A redux of last week, this time with less impending Bonus Work, aka none thank you Jesus Hallelujah. Finished A Song for Nero, which true to a Tom Holt novel, is a literary gut punch. I went through the books awaiting sale and salvaged a few--all but one I have no intention of reading anytime soon. So now the count stands at 13.

Sunday

I knocked out roughly a quarter of The Leopard, which is the sequel to Blackdog. I got some writing done on 32.1. I brushed cats, de-furred the bed, and cleaned the bathroom counters. I made ham and bean soup. It was a whole Day.

• That's Metal 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

On 2/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, Mistr said:

Yay for making progress on your story!

Work sounds like it just goes from one type of hell to another. Congratulations on making it through the week with no major injuries to anyone involved. I hope you have a much better weekend.

Yeah one could say Work is attempting to wring every last ounce of joy and morale out of our mortal bodies. The weekend was in fact miles better than last weekend and last week put together. Unfortunately, this is Monday, when all the new meetings kick in and the one meeting I found useful has been reduced to once a week. Kill me please.

February 2020: Week 4

giphy.gif

Mood

Tasks

Cat Grooming: 2/4

Toothbrushing: 21/28

Look Waiter in the Eye: 3/4

Truck Refi - not happening, not a priority anymore

Training

Aikido Tech Review: 4/8

Iaido - 0/2

Food

Find a protein snack

Words

Writing: 17, 18, 32.1, 32.2, 33

LingoDeer: 17/20

Monday

I am over February, please end. Fark Monday and it's 42,000 meetings, one of which was canceled after I went to some trouble to rearrange my lunch break around it, and the announcement one of the devs are leaving. Morale in the dumpster by the side of the road, on fire. 

Dojo featured two-handed kotegaeshi, which came rather naturally. Otherwise, I was a warm body for a red belt to rehearse with. TFW you remember details upper belts don't because Time.

Came home, did the super useful testing, and fell asleep with Youtube on for the first time on a weeknight in a while, I think. 

Tuesday

Meetings and a migraine, the semi-distinguishing features of the day. A joy-free zone. We got our taxes back and we owe quite a lot. Yay.

Thinking about this more and I think maybe my migraine and thoughts like, "I'm sick of crawling out from one stress and under another constantly" are somewhat related.

Wednesday

Aside from gym not being a wash and dojo re-emphasizing ryotetori kotegaeshi and jujinage, there is nothing good to report about this day. I have been tired all week, every day has been a fire drill of some kind, I am so flipping over with being this stressed out most all this month. 

Thursday

Day 27 features no change in morale, which I suppose counts as a good thing lately. Shark Week has landed. I haven't done the best job of killing my goals this month for a variety of reasons, some of which could have been handled better with a bit more resolve, but waiting on a back order of that stuff. We'll see what March brings.

Thing that will never make sense to me:

Doctors think it's more sensible to tell patients to not eat whole foods such as eggs or a whole food group (meat) when they're inhaling industrial quantities of processed food. The heck does Doc think they're gonna replace eggs or meat with? Celery sticks?

On a completely unrelated note, anybody need some QA done by chance? I'm not exactly wading around in choices here.