26 minutes ago, Kishi said:

HEY!

YOU MADE IT TO 100 PAGES!

w6AAA.gif

Without chasing all of you off, even.

I thought of you when I gripped the bar to do squats and my palm was all like, "WTF is this? NO."

I'mma blame the kotegaeshi, because that's what I blame darn near everything on.

• Haha 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

7 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Sometimes progressing to Wednesday is a damn victory!

Sometimes. And then sometimes your contact lens acts up and it's Wednesday and you need the things to hold it together until 9 hours from now. It's test night and I kinda promised to be at least available to uke for that. They may end up lol'ing and passing me over, because WTF is a Tai Sabaki (the part I play is knowing which attack is called for, which assumes I leveled up a bit between Monday and today)? 

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

9/20/2017

giphy.gif

Is this real life?

Lift

It was one of those Plate Math sessions. Did singles at 160lbs, 10lbs too light on squats, realized it after I got well into deadlifts. Said F It and put my lifting shoes and sleeves back on, did the 170lb singles and didn't die. it's only Wednesday and already there are signs questioning my sanity.

Sleep

Curfew: 3/5

No naps: 0/2

Food

No bread: 3/7

Basic Bs: 3/7

"Variety" breakfast: 3/5

CYCLE RESYNC: 10-01

Monday = sliced turkey

Tuesday = sliced ham

Wednesday = sliced turkey

Bonus: My bathroom experience has improved a good bit. 

Clean

Clean Something: 0/2

Aikido

Video review: 1/2

The contact lens did not cease bothering me until I took it out. But first, Aikido test night happened. I uke'd the thing, only screwed up a little bit. Rolled corner to corner after being thrown by techniques I'd interacted with only once at most. So yeah, that was something. Made it a little less stressful for the testee, which was the point of the thing.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Urgan said:

Lift

It was one of those Plate Math sessions. Did singles at 160lbs, 10lbs too light on squats, realized it after I got well into deadlifts. Said F It and put my lifting shoes and sleeves back on, did the 170lb singles and didn't die. it's only Wednesday and already there are signs questioning my sanity.

Plate math is the hardest math. How else do you explain grown adults regularly failing when counting by 5's? 

Bonus: My bathroom experience has improved a good bit. 

This always makes life better. 

Aikido

The contact lens did not cease bothering me until I took it out. But first, Aikido test night happened. I uke'd the thing, only screwed up a little bit. Rolled corner to corner after being thrown by techniques I'd interacted with only once at most. So yeah, that was something. Made it a little less stressful for the testee, which was the point of the thing.

Give yourself some credit for your successes woman. 

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Plate math is the hardest math. How else do you explain grown adults regularly failing when counting by 5's? 

There is truth to this, and access to complex math principles does not make it much easier. I train a PhD and former math teacher, so I deem myself qualified to judge, lol.

This always makes life better. 

Pooping and breathing clearly are the most taken for granted things in life.

Give yourself some credit for your successes woman. 

I did...some!

• Like 2

9/21/2017

giphy.gif

I do things my own way

Lift

NA

Sleep

Curfew: 4/5

No naps: 1/2

Food

No bread: 4/7

Basic Bs: 4/7

"Variety" breakfast: 4/7

Monday = sliced turkey

Tuesday = sliced ham

Thursday = sliced ham

Clean

Clean Something: 0/2

Aikido

Not much to report. The day crawled by. I did make dinner in record time--this Chicken and greens (because I accidentally got recipes mixed up and used the broccoli in the beef stirfry from the same blog....not even sorry)--not 12 minutes because I am not that good, but better than normal. 1.5+ hours earlier than is typical. This was a stinkin' good recipe, too. Will be going into the rotation for sure. Fell asleep around 10 with lights on and woke up at 1AM. Missed my late night snack as a result. Macros are hard lately, as I'm sure it's no surprise since I've broomed a food group and all but ditched a second (dairy). This is the longest I have gone without cheese, guys, and I have somehow not keeled over. 

No Aikido review, which SHOULD have happened here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Something always seems to give when health meets the real world. You'll get it balanced out eventually, though. :)

I see what you did there.

• Like 1

heyooo stealing that recipe. i've definitely pinned a few things for that blog before too!

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

WEEK 3 CATCHUP

giphy.gif

Chasing goals like

Lift

ojYXTvl6fjmbUeBNQ1b-5t7E0940uE_5mmpEEZTU9MQT_ewzJiiVnzPwI-C873uG18dYlqbMMDObMCQ42QZVglkhDdbS-SsB7Xbi6qa5cMBtfOBo41M2jiIiSWXLP-SVP2orrU7D

Sleep

Curfew: 5/5

No naps: 2/2

Food

No bread: 7/7

Basic Bs: 7/7

"Variety" breakfast: 6/7

Monday = sliced turkey

Tuesday = sliced ham

Thursday = sliced ham

Friday = sliced turkey

Saturday = sliced turkey (different brand) + Beanitos black bean chips

Sunday = avocado

Week 3 Averages:

Cals   /   Carbs   /   Fats    /  Protein /  Sugar

AVG    2185        235         87        122             60

TGT    2500        222        106         125             50

In a stunning turn of events, bans processed carbs, average carbs don't budge. WTF. What happened to fats? Oh yeah, I reduced cheese intake. That happened.

z38BeoRq1UuOdrovAIZx4eOKU4Nt2oe18r4KfiKD1c8hjcE3wB2XhpmLQwdwjNotByaRvKvuR5nmTymQGwg8vRtaQCWnkb1-tz41dAYEMNmSLbHFrFOsWxGplWziCPpZwo8ImZtG

iOJQUwQfed6vcMzzkv-N6KEubGpZ-CNAUBlBOPNs6xt9sZSegNf6Za2imRlmJMbgl6ie1rX83CFNZb-3Tsbb7vjTSAAjAU2sfn5raWITXTclbgSNBivUtwSk_LhNdwXjuAZ4rniq

Clean

Clean Something: 2/2

Aikido

Video review: 2/2

Okay, so the only thing of note for Friday aside from that 2.5lb OHP PR is that my jeans hung loose on me where they were snug. ....yay? Not trying to lose weight, guys, but I did downshift my target to lower the stress of this whole gluten thing a little. 

Saturday was heavy lifting all over the place. No PRs, but I sure worked hard. Did nothing else useful of note. 

Sunday I busted out like a kitchen cleaning, dishes doing, trashcan shuffling fool. I definitely hit the mark on cleaning this weekend. Also watched some Aikido, so it is all good this week.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

heyooo stealing that recipe. i've definitely pinned a few things for that blog before too!

So far the recipes there have been a hit. You shan't be disappointed.

• Like 1

yessss OHP PR!!

AND while inadvertently losing weight! that just means you strong.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

September Week 4 Goals

giphy.gif

End of the month got me like

Remember the Sharks I beat back? Yeah. Well maybe Round 2 or something. At least this is according to plan and not body trolling this time.

Lift

Low Volume/Stress Week is in effect. Now we wait and see how I feel a month hence.

Sleep

Keeping on doing this thing.

Curfew: 0/5

Food

I have been veeeeery good about staying away from them processed carbs, except for the whole chips thing. * kicks crumpled empty bag under desk * But there's no wheat to be had there and I needs my calories and carbs badly, guys--these macros are not easy to make lately. Gonna just keep on keeping on there, don't think I'll need a goal for that, since I can just ask myself, do I wanna feel like shit today maybe this week of all weeks? No? Okay then. No formal goal, consider this bread probation. Same story about the B vitamin.

I'm starting to get into the swing of obtaining multiple items for breakfast and rotating them. Presumably next week will feature other items. I will try. At any rate, I am going to make variety a priority until seasonal demands make cold food less desirable. 

The reset is happening this week and it is weird so far. Big surprise. Weakness: check. Headache: check. Exhaustion: check. Cannot wait for Sunday.

"Variety" breakfast: : 0/5

Clean

AKA, the things I do on Sunday. Clean something.

Clean Something: 0/1

Aikido

Review the videos thing.

Video review: 0/1

• Like 2

9/25/2017

giphy.gif

Monday evening can DIAF

Lift

Bench

45    2x10
55    5
60    3
70    3
80    1
88    2x3

OHP

45    3x5
45    3
50    3
60    1
65    2x3

DB Rows

30    3x10

Sleep

Curfew: 1/5

Food

"Variety" breakfast: 1/5

Clean

Aikido

Monday morning started innocently enough. Felt energetic, did my lifts. Bench felt heavy, but everything else was good. As the day wore on, ugh. Not stabbing pain, just dull throbbing nonsense. Had a chiro appointment that helped the most it has in a while. Came home, ate dinner, flopped on bed.

So far the symptoms have been off and on. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

my brain is broken so I am struggling for a thoughtful reply, but I wanted you to know I read your updates. <3  i hope things improve soon. 

If this is the new norm, it's already somewhat of an improvement. In a way. But it will change because right now my body is confused.

9 minutes ago, ixaera said:

2703sw7307.gif

That one shark doesn't wanna give up, does it?

• Like 1

As far as macros and healthy convenient eating goes, one thing that's been saving me has been steamable bags of veggies. There is stuff out there now that's healthy and cooks fast with a minimum of effort. Also rice and sweet potatoes and other starches. Maybe that's worth looking into for you?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kishi said:

one thing that's been saving me has been steamable bags of veggies

I have been doing this too!  :D

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

9/26/2017 - 9/28/2017

giphy.gif

My inner impatient child re:all the things

Lift

u_pxSE6fmNweLnJjuTisJhm4UWM7URZ0JYaIoDwMh0KArUGwWnW-FrdtPhtDZU_uN_gGuWFDbtbvVTLY7JExVU3u-7LwINHiqPcKIvlBohdU6Ugie9XPmSWasNoJLV5VtPSBgUhj

Row row row your boat.

Sleep

Curfew: 4/5

No naps: 2/2

Food

"Variety" breakfast: 4/5

Monday: Deli turkey + avocado

Tuesday: Babybel cheese + rice chips

Wednesday: Deli turkey

Thursday: Babybel cheese + rice chips 

Clean

Aikido

Sorry for not updating in half a week or so, work has been Work.

I have been getting my lifts in this lower stress week (work stress is NOT lower, however.....didn't get the memo, I guess), I've also been messing around with chins and DB Rows because #SQUIRREL Actually, I'm programming some basic chins and dead hangs for Mike's burgeoning OCR addiction and attempting to use them as a means of waking myself up on the mornings where I do not have a Gym Session in the cards--starting with just 1 set at first because I am hitting my upper body hard with adding those and rows in together. Mike ran a race last weekend and has come to realize maybe it would be good to train upper body consistently along with lower body. We're also kinda sorta buying a prowler sled doohickey. Now to find a place to use it * coughs * We have obtained 4 45s, 2 25s, 4 10s, 2 5s, and 2 2.5lb plates for ~$260, which I classify as darn near theft for Standard .

It's also about 25% of what is needed for a home gym. Just saying. 

I have determined the best way to avoid naps of derailing duration is to not even let myself lie down until dinner is in a pot, oven, or pan. So far that is working well.  I am getting better at this whole fooding thing. Not relying on pasta and bread to pull the lion's share of the weight makes things harder, but I am getting closer to my old numbers even with that restriction. I do want to continue minimizing wheaty things from my diet, but I think the huge reduction in symptoms is now at a level that is normal for the time being. In fact, I have swung to the opposite side of the spectrum of bathroom issues--as in, dietary fiber may come in demand. I presume getting rid of irritating foods has exposed an underlying need, but will hold fast until birth control kicks back in to return me to more moderate levels of B vitamins before making further changes (CHANGES ALL THE TIME). I want to make sure my level of supplementation is not the cause. Pretty sure #2 only happens in the presence of coffee/caffeine. Prolly not optimal. On the plus side, when it happens it's a healthier experience than in a high dairy/wheat situation and I realize I have just made a major dietary shift, which is no doubt a contributing factor and why I am not immediately doing Something about it. Progress, people. Someday the poop talk will end...or at least get less frequent....in life, there are no guarantees. 

In the latter half of the week, my energy has become more stable at a higher level than on Monday. Good Lord, Monday was hard. Tuesday wasn't much better. Wednesday onward was a more desirable experience. It kinda coincides with the level of headache-ness, which is pure reset Shark Week and therefore I am at peace with it even as I kvetch. I think that can be a thing. It's of no concern unless it persists into the weekend and next week. I could really do without these 4-day headache marathons I've had the last several months--ain't nobody got time for that.  

One more lower stress session, then it's back to the grind to test out a whole bunch of stuff.

On 9/26/2017 at 1:53 PM, Kishi said:

As far as macros and healthy convenient eating goes, one thing that's been saving me has been steamable bags of veggies. There is stuff out there now that's healthy and cooks fast with a minimum of effort. Also rice and sweet potatoes and other starches. Maybe that's worth looking into for you?

You and your Healthy Eating, get outta here.

On 9/26/2017 at 3:48 PM, Sam Ashen said:

I have been doing this too!  :D

I am Shocked. SHOCKED, I say. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Caught up! You have had a lot going on in the last couple weeks.

I'm glad to hear that your diet experiments are turning out positive results. I've found my GI track is happiest when I eat lots of veggies and fruit. Soluble fiber works even better than wheat bran-type fiber for me. Sweet potatoes, apples, broccoli, greens, etc. Substituting starchy veggies for bread and pasta was an easy shift. Especially once I discovered spaghetti squash. Not that I completely avoid wheat, I just try to minimize it.

I've also found the B-complex vitamins make a huge difference. I take them on days I don't get enough sleep. They boost me from zombiehood to semi-functional human. I used to use them for shark week when I had a regular cycle.

Great job on taking ukemi for your friend on her test. Most people report that learning the Japanese names is the hardest part of the first test. My sensei gives credit for doing a valid technique even if it was not the right one. She just says "good iriminage, now demonstrate ikkyo". It can be especially hard to distinguish between "ikkyo" and "nikkyo" in a noisy dojo. And a note on future chuckles - aikido instructors are not consistent on names for techniques. Everyone agrees on the basics, but once you get out in the weeds of the kokyunages, there is a lot of room for creative naming.

• Like 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

17 minutes ago, Mistr said:

I'm glad to hear that your diet experiments are turning out positive results. I've found my GI track is happiest when I eat lots of veggies and fruit. Soluble fiber works even better than wheat bran-type fiber for me. Sweet potatoes, apples, broccoli, greens, etc. Substituting starchy veggies for bread and pasta was an easy shift. Especially once I discovered spaghetti squash. Not that I completely avoid wheat, I just try to minimize it.

I think this will be me going forward. Unless I see a total regression, of course. Pasta will become a treat thing and bread will stay on the bench because bread is not something I am as interested in as pasta, so compromises must occur. I do have vegetable matter in my meals, it's filling in the gaps that is the trick. 

19 minutes ago, Mistr said:

I've also found the B-complex vitamins make a huge difference. I take them on days I don't get enough sleep. They boost me from zombiehood to semi-functional human. I used to use them for shark week when I had a regular cycle.

Do you do this in addition or in place of a multivitamin?

19 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Great job on taking ukemi for your friend on her test. Most people report that learning the Japanese names is the hardest part of the first test. My sensei gives credit for doing a valid technique even if it was not the right one. She just says "good iriminage, now demonstrate ikkyo". It can be especially hard to distinguish between "ikkyo" and "nikkyo" in a noisy dojo. And a note on future chuckles - aikido instructors are not consistent on names for techniques. Everyone agrees on the basics, but once you get out in the weeds of the kokyunages, there is a lot of room for creative naming.

So here's the thing, she actually has uke'd for me several times, which I found to be helpful when I was nervous as all heck, so when she was testing to rise above the belt level we shared, I stepped up and pretended like I knew my own techniques enough to stand in for a test. I mostly passed muster, vaguely comparable to someone who is a much higher belt but who has grown rusty to the technique vs somebody without a single clue. We get a good LOL at people who do irimi instead of tenkan, what we've affectionately dubbed as irimikan (you prolly have this happen a lot, I would imagine. Start with the correct behavior for one and switch midstream to the other), or a totally different technique done correctly. Because who hasn't done one of these?