21 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Oh shoot, now I'm wondering on my fusilli this week. The box didn't specify cooked or uncooked, and I went by uncooked

Yeah, MFP problems. Hopefully it's all good? If not, call it a refeed lol.

Well my body is trolling me. 116.0lbs this morn. Just thought it was kinda funny, that despite random input, the output has been a steady increase. I even got a haircut yesterday, c'mon now.

Yesterday was totally unremarkable in every way. Today I have a .5lb PR on OHP, now standing at 62.5. It was a real challenge, too, no doubt in large part due to still feeling less than 100%. I never really experienced the out-of-breath thing, though, so Progress. Tomorrow we squat and deadlift. Gonna be tough, but since I'll be going solo I can afford to take my time. 

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

7 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Whatever, cut is still working regardless, so I'm just not gonna worry on it any more. Next time I'll know to ask the question though lol

(I don't really eat pasta all that often, so I never really thought about it!)

Well hey, if it ain't broke. (I am having to research alternative pasta, since my interest in avoiding the glutens forces me to abandon the huge selection of pasta I normally would utilize. Rice pasta works fine.)

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Also forgot to mention earlier that I did round two of coconut milk oatmeal, work edition. Mixed me up a fresh batch of cinnamon sugar (such cooking, much chef), which allowed me to use a lot more than I did the first time. Which is a game changer. I think I have a formula for both that and breakfast in general now and winter will be fiberific. I have NEVER been good at this whole breakfast thing. I'd rather fast it, buuuuut no way in heck I'm getting all of the calories if I do so.

The time between last post and now has been...interesting.

By Friday's end I was super Done, good thing it was a slow day. 

Saturday featured the usual squats and deads, solo this time because of weekend work for Dad. My squat work sets were 154 3x5 and deads were 178 3x5. These felt like trash--especially the first sets--but deadlifts got better as I went along. Did some 185lb deadlift singles to practice that initial pull, because for some reason that day I just could not nail the first pull properly. Bar wanted to go forward. I don't think my stance being too far behind the bar helped this situation. Adjusting up a bit to see if this helps going forward. Harr. After that, I got a wild hair and went to get my nails did. Spoiler: manicures do nothing for palm calluses. Oh well. My nails are now purple, so all is not lost. Maybe I will get back into the polish game, if I can find the patience for it. 

Sunday I was hilariously sore in my quads. Mike brought back Foosackly's from the beach, which I will eat even if it kills me. Ate all the chicken fingers. The box was a lot smaller than I'd remembered two years ago. A LOT smaller. Oh well, still tasted good. I will make a point to ask for 10 next time.

This morning I did not bring it. Quads still sore enough to warrant Tylenol and I failed my 102.5lb attempt. 97 felt heavier than it should have, so that was my 2nd clue that was going to happen. Food, sleep, and post-cold recovery were not on point for the weekend and as such protein was far too low, so. We'll see what the rest of this week brings. Contemplating repeating bench sets from this cycle just to give myself a chance to get more out of them the next time. Not sure.

19 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I just googled foosacklys and I think what you need is a whole sack

yessssss

sorry everything feels like trash! :/

The chicken fingers are LITERALLY the length of your finger, SO SMALL. I do not remember them being like this, but they fill up the space in the box just the same, so it's me. Nostalgia is hard.

Yeah, I was gonna pay somehow. Hopefully I can scrape my mess together in time for OHP, squat, and deads to make a good showing. Maybe should curb my enthusiasm a bit just in case.

October Weeks 3 and 4 Goals

giphy.gif

This week already got me like

I need a plan to survive the next two weeks, because so far this whole month has had it in for me, one way or another. That's what this is about.

Lift

Try to figure out how to squeeze Intensity Week around being sick and volunteering at a karate tournament.

Sleep

Yup, this is still a thing.

Curfew: 0/5

No naps: 0/2

Food

So, I have done pretty well with trying to add fiber to my life and not nom all the bread and (wheat) pasta. I am experimenting with non-wheat based pasta because I am a bad person and cannot totally quit pasta as a carb base. There is only so much rice and potatoes one can eat in a day. Otherwise I have done well to keep wheat low and fiber high-ish. A key surviving rebound from cold week (3) + incoming Shark Week (4, which I hope will be extra mild given recent events) is to get enough food in my face to live. I'd also like to keep getting fiber and protein, because those are good things, too. I figure a 2000 calorie bargain baseline per day (NOT my target, but my bare minimum--2350 is what I'd like to average on the weekly), a 100g protein (115g average) per day, and 20g fiber (25g average). This allows for some flexibility day by day without excusing poor diet. 

Calories: 0/7

Protein: 0/7

Fiber: 0/7

Weekly Debriefs: 

Week 3

Week 4

• Like 2

10/16/2017

giphy.gif

This week and I are really hitting it off

Lift

Bench

45    5
65    5
75    3
85    1
92    1
97    1
102.5    0
85    3x1

OHP

45    5
50    5
55    3
62    1
68    1
55    3x3

Fail. 97lbs felt too hard to be normal.

Sleep

Curfew: 0/5

No naps: 0/2

Food

Calories: 1/7 - 2046 / 2046

Protein: 1/7 - 111 / 111

Fiber: 1/7 - 62 / 62

How to fiber: oatmeal, beans, potatoes, and fruit. So I did all of the above. My notation will be average macro / day's macro, just FYI. 

Attempted 102.5lb bench, failed. Felt like warm garbage the rest of the day. Stiff/sore as I was on Sunday. It was not pretty. I figure this is payback for not suffering enough in the gym as a result of being sick, not eating enough, and not getting sleep timing right (naps during day, goes to bed a little late, - 1 hr sleep total from not being able to immediately conk out). Hopefully this trend does not continue. Aikido'd anyway. It's amazing how you can function after walking around like a 90-year-old all day with only some stretching between you and embarrassment. It was a kotegaeshi kinda day, which I'm pretty sure means "act like idiot" in Japanese, no matter Sensei's claims of it translating to "wrist reversal."  

10/17/2017

giphy.gif

I have no idea what this is, but it's adorable.

Lift

Rest Day.

Sleep

Curfew: 1/5

No naps: 1/2

Food

Calories: 2/7 - 2092 / 2136

Protein: 2/7 - 110 / 110

Fiber: 2/7 - 56 / 50

It was a Tuesday, what can I say? Work was busy, I ate food, I made food, I did not fall asleep before an appropriate time. Didn't feel quite as garbage as I did the day before. I need more days like this, only can they all be Fridays plz because I do not want to Adult anymore. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ixaera said:

RvFkOYX.gif

boo shark week

here's a kitty

tail.gif

20 hours ago, Mistr said:

I hope you feel better soon. All the fine tuning of your diet should show up in things working for you. Or else.

20 hours ago, Kishi said:

Boo to bad feelings! Feel better!

Not sure why precisely this week is crash and burn week, it's in between two very good reasons for crashing and/or burning. Go figure. That feeling sorta stuck around in my initial squats this morning, but it got better. I'd really like it to GTFO and let me PR something plzkthx.

10/18/2017

giphy.gif

I would like a Totoro mattress

Lift

Squat

45    5
125    5
140    3
155    1
170    3x1

Deadlift

140    5
160    3
180    1
190    3x1
200    1

Sleep

Curfew: 2/5

No naps: 1/2

Food

Calories: 3/7 - 2164 / 2307

Protein: 3/7 - 110 / 110

Fiber: 3/7 - 48 / 33

Wednesday > Tuesday. "Only" 33g of fiber by way of oatmeal, lol. I had a good gym session, as I said before it started off rough, but ended up pretty good. Friday will tell me a lot about how my big squat/deads session will go. Work was really, really slow. In Aikido, we worked on ryotetori kokyunage. Top Gun, Sudori, Big Wheel. Cue awkward tossing uke across mat over and over and over again. He will eventually learn how to roll when there is enough space to do so, lol. 

Bathroom experience has been flawless this week. Flawless. My energy has been steady (after Monday) and I haven't felt like I needed to lean on coffee to get started. As such, it has made the temptation to nap much...less, overall. 

• Like 4

10/19/2017

giphy.gif

A rock called Thursday

Lift

Rest day.

Sleep

Curfew: 3/5

No naps: 2/2

Food

Calories: 4/7 - 2213 / 2358

Protein: 4/7 - 117 / 136

Fiber: 4/7 - 49 / 51

I survived it and ate food. 

• Like 2

10/20/2017- 10/22/2017

giphy.gif

They say your body sends you messages, if you but listen

Lift

OHP

45    5
50    5
55    3
62    1
72    3x1

Bench

45    5
70    5
75    3
85    1
95    1
75    2x3

Aaaaand this weekend was rather painful. I did Friday lifts, the usual OHP/bench arrangement for Intensity Fridays. The migraine that was starting up on Thursday evening showed up with its friends and did not give one spit that I took two Tylenol and two Aleve. Steady pain all day Friday and into Saturday evening. Speaking of Saturday, that was the karate tournament. Showed up, volunteered the heck out of the place, and then cleared out. Occupied bed until the evening, wherein I bought groceries and did not even lift.

Sunday we hit the gym and I put up some mediocre numbers.

Squat

45    5
125    5
140    3
155    1
170    1
180    1
185    1

Deadlift

140    5
160    3
180    1
206    1
225    2x1

Sleep

Curfew: 4/5

No naps: 2/2

Food

Calories: 7/7 - 2192 / 2350, 2169, 2,131

Protein: 6/7 - 111 / 119, 80, 124

Fiber: 7/7 - 38 / 34,  20, 20

Hardly a stunning display of macro prowess. I had to fight for that 20g fiber (and 2000+ calories...) on Sunday, as I could not stand my nail polish anymore and had to change it. Between that, the power going off during said polishing--which fritzed out our security system's Wifi connectivity--and lifting on an unfortunate schedule, which throws off fooding a good bit, this made hitting my targets very difficult. Very. Difficult. But I did the thing. God bless bean chips.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/19/2017 at 10:33 AM, Urgan said:

10/18/2017

giphy.gif

I would like a Totoro mattress

This is totally a thing.

On 10/19/2017 at 10:33 AM, Urgan said:

Bathroom experience has been flawless this week. Flawless. My energy has been steady (after Monday) and I haven't felt like I needed to lean on coffee to get started. As such, it has made the temptation to nap much...less, overall. 

Yay! Glad to hear that something is working as advertized.

Any idea what triggered the migrane? It's been quite a while since you had one.

• Like 2

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

23 hours ago, Urgan said:

Aaaaand this weekend was rather painful. I did Friday lifts, the usual OHP/bench arrangement for Intensity Fridays. The migraine that was starting up on Thursday evening showed up with its friends and did not give one spit that I took two Tylenol and two Aleve. Steady pain all day Friday and into Saturday evening. Speaking of Saturday, that was the karate tournament. Showed up, volunteered the heck out of the place, and then cleared out. Occupied bed until the evening, wherein I bought groceries and did not even lift.

Sunday we hit the gym and I put up some mediocre numbers.

but mad props for continuing to do the thing and putting up numbers. your determination and consistency are admirable <3 

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

19 hours ago, Mistr said:

Ah Japan. I shouldn't be surprised, because Pokemon. A twin bed would be good for Harley, lol.

Yay! Glad to hear that something is working as advertized.

Now to figure out how to make fiber happen on weekends when everything falls apart.

Any idea what triggered the migrane? It's been quite a while since you had one.

Other than my body just going haywire or specifically deciding to flip me the bird? I'm really not sure, but it had all the hallmarks of a preemptive Shark Week strike. In T - 5 hours I should know whether it was merely early or the first of a pair of migraines. ATM, not confident there won't be a Round Two. I did have one last month, it was just light enough I could work. And before that it was standard fare. I was hoping this birth control reset would affect it in a positive way, but so far LOLNO.

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

but mad props for continuing to do the thing and putting up numbers. your determination and consistency are admirable <3 

I have to or I'll just go nuts or something. Even if it's a forced deload, wherein I do low volume because if I do low weight I detrain almost instantly. 

10/23/2017

giphy.gif

My spirit animal is this old vacuum cleaner

Lift

Nada.

Sleep

Curfew: 4/10

No naps: 2/4

Food

Calories: 8/14 - 2464 / 2464

Protein: 7/14 - 100 / 100

Fiber: 8/14 - 30 / 30

The hilarity that was Sunday rolled right into Monday. 3.5 hours of solid sleep will do that. Soreness from squats and deads to spare. Shark Week started. Contact lens spontaneously freaked out and made logistics really Interesting on the way to, during, and driving home from the dojo. Our security system is still in a half-working state because Aikido keeps me out late and after an effort was made to try something new (I called support during lunch, got some suggestions). Nada. Gave up and went to bed, so at least that curfew was salvaged. Guess what I will be doing tonight if my head is in any kind of shape to handle tech support. It's just that kind of time, guys. Nothing really positive to report except I have not expired yet.