Most recently, I have been going through statistics and how correlation coefficients are calculated.  More specifically, I am trying to make an analogy towards dice.

For example, 57.7% correlation would be like 1d6 out of 3d6.

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

September can officially HECK RIGHT OFF.

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Fun fact: due to the government hating on trans fat and saturated fat, those are the fats that have to be reported on food labels. The unsaturated fats don't appear to be on packages that aren't oil products like olive oil, coconut oil, etc. I am curious to how much fat I'm getting from where, you know (DOWN WITH SOYBEAN OIL)? If it comes from whole foods, I'm not fussed. It's the bonus items like salad dressing and packing oil that concern me. Which is why I bought that lemon on Saturday. Made my own salad dressing out of olive oil, rice vinegar, lemon juice, and some garlic powder. It feels so much better than sunflower oil and/or safflower oil. Like, they don't know which one they used so they listed it on the label like that.....wtf. It would be part of a larger project of tracking how much processed food I eat, by proxy. Smart eating choices. Stuff. Just because I'm trying to hit a higher fat macro doesn't mean I want to throw garbage in there--not that I am, I don't think, I'm just interested in auditing as an exercise since I really tend to reach for the same stuff week to week. The trick is how to track in a way that would be meaningful--again, I am not sure if I can track the unsaturated fats due to lopsided reportage. It'd just be fun to dig a bit more because this subject is of great interest to me for obvious reasons. 

Huh.  .... Huh.  INTERESTING.  Packaging pls.  It feels like one of those damned if ya do, damned if ya don't situations - trying to do A Good but getting the actual important details swept under the rug thanks to whatever company gives a hack about it.  Although you're right, it's totally better than garbage intake, but c'mon people....just give us the facts, JUST THE FACTS.

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

50 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Most recently, I have been going through statistics and how correlation coefficients are calculated.  More specifically, I am trying to make an analogy towards dice.

For example, 57.7% correlation would be like 1d6 out of 3d6.

I guess it would help if I knew how dice worked lol......

1 minute ago, shaar said:

September can officially HECK RIGHT OFF.

There was a lot of Special that went down. It wasn't the very worst month for me per say, but headaches alone make me say good riddance. Hopefully it's bluer skies and cooler temperatures ahead for us both.

2 minutes ago, shaar said:

Huh.  .... Huh.  INTERESTING.  Packaging pls.  It feels like one of those damned if ya do, damned if ya don't situations - trying to do A Good but getting the actual important details swept under the rug thanks to whatever company gives a hack about it.  Although you're right, it's totally better than garbage intake, but c'mon people....just give us the facts, JUST THE FACTS.

It costs money to design and print the labels, government standardizes these things, offhand I'm not sure what liberty they actually have to print what on the label? I'm not judging or excusing, it's just how it is. And our standards of what we expect will continue to change and evolve. Legit though I wish they'd make a 2D barcode with all the details of everything in it and the environment in which the product's ingredients were grown and/or processed. Whatever they have on the matter that doesn't give away company secrets. And that way it wouldn't cost much to change layouts and whatnot. That information--or lack thereof--would help sway my buying decisions, I dunno about you.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

7 minutes ago, Urgan said:

There was a lot of Special that went down. It wasn't the very worst month for me per say, but headaches alone make me say good riddance. Hopefully it's bluer skies and cooler temperatures ahead for us both.

It's so chilly here wow.  55 degrees and cloudy today.  All the windows are open and I'm in long sleeves.  WHAT IS THIS NEW CLIMATE??? 

If I had an army of high powered fans (and money to pay the giant electric bill) I'd point them all in your direction.  This summer has been HECK.

8 minutes ago, Urgan said:

It costs money to design and print the labels, government standardizes these things, offhand I'm not sure what liberty they actually have to print what on the label? I'm not judging or excusing, it's just how it is. And our standards of what we expect will continue to change and evolve. Legit though I wish they'd make a 2D barcode with all the details of everything in it and the environment in which the product's ingredients were grown and/or processed. Whatever they have on the matter that doesn't give away company secrets. And that way it wouldn't cost much to change layouts and whatnot. That information--or lack thereof--would help sway my buying decisions, I dunno about you.

See, see this right here is BRILLIANT.  They can slap those silly QR codes you scan for a weird coupon or some silly story all over stuff, why can't they do this??  But then, oh no, it's a little extra work and what if we lay out ALL the dirty details and it turns people away from our product??? I mean if one had a quality product one surely wouldn't have the latter concern, but therein lies the rub...........

• Like 1

It's so chilly here wow.  55 degrees and cloudy today.  All the windows are open and I'm in long sleeves.  WHAT IS THIS NEW CLIMATE??? 

If I had an army of high powered fans (and money to pay the giant electric bill) I'd point them all in your direction.  This summer has been HECK.

It's 1:30PM and 84 degrees so this is the first non-rainy day sub-90 since spring so there's a chance a CHANCE that we'll see Fall.

3 minutes ago, shaar said:

See, see this right here is BRILLIANT.  They can slap those silly QR codes you scan for a weird coupon or some silly story all over stuff, why can't they do this??  But then, oh no, it's a little extra work and what if we lay out ALL the dirty details and it turns people away from our product??? I mean if one had a quality product one surely wouldn't have the latter concern, but therein lies the rub...........

I think simply silence on the things we need to know about processed products would speak volumes. They don't even have to be dragged on the carpet per say. They don't have to change their recipes even. We're free to eat precisely what we want/need. More transparent companies win. 

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Going back to my high school days, I remembered something the math teacher kept telling us.  He would quizzically look out the window.  It was cold and snowy outside.  Then he would say, "It doesn't look like weather for it, but it is time to combine the variables."

• Like 1

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

10 hours ago, Urgan said:

I think simply silence on the things we need to know about processed products would speak volumes. They don't even have to be dragged on the carpet per say. They don't have to change their recipes even. We're free to eat precisely what we want/need. More transparent companies win. 

A part of this is the FDA mandates what has to be on a label, and what is to be or not to be included.  Ingredient lists should be comprehensive for packaged goods (so far as I understand), although sometimes they hedge because things like the fat source used in the partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (for example) changes based on markets conditions - it can be anything from soy to cotton seed, to a blend of those and others, simply based on costs - so your code would then have to be related to batches.  I do like the idea of a bar code/q-code, but given the expense of nutrition testing (if you want that info), and the fact that vendors and/or ingredients can potentially change per batch, (taking the fat sources in hydrogenated oils as an example, or the farms contributing to a branded flour for another), and you start having a lot of complexity (complexity is expensive for your small to medium processors).   

Since I work in food service and production, I have views and was starting to write a bit of a screed.  For the sake of brevity - with how it's structured now, I'd say a lot of responsibility lay with the consumer to educate themselves.   If you really want to know what's in your food, and how it was grown, your best chance is whole ingredients at the farmer's market, followed by co-ops and specialty markets (Whole Foods, etc.), and those few (and usually expensive...sigh) restaurants that tell you who they buy their meat and veggies from.  If you're going to buy processed foods, pay attention to the ingredient lists and learn about inclusive terms (i.e., vegetable oil).  I'm not saying it's ideal, but it's where we're at for now. 

Anywho - going back to liver - you might check out Hank Shaw - he writes about hunting, gathering and gardening, and has some offal receipes, such as seared liver, or dirty rice, etc. (search 'liver' on the site for more, and also other organ meat).  

For cocoa nibs  - saw this one on Sission this weekend -

• 1/4 cup cacao nibs
  • 1 cup coconut milk or whole cream
  • 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil

"Instructions

Bring coconut milk or whole cream to a simmer in a small pot. Turn off heat and add cacao nibs. Let steep 5 minutes.

Blend the cacao mixture and coconut oil in a blender on high speed until smooth and frothy, about 1 minute. Strain through a fine mesh strainer, pushing down on the solids to release the liquid. Add a sweetener if desired. Pour the cacao milk into hot coffee, or chill it before adding to iced coffee. The cacao milk will keep in the fridge for about 5 days."

Could be interesting, and if not a coffee drinker, could lead to some hot-chocolate experiments? 

• Like 1

Human | Plays with Sticks | Monkish Leanings | Rangerish Overtones

Occasionally Updated Facebook

10/1/2018

giphy.gif

...we can has Fall nao?

Nutrition 

2200 Calories. 2181 : 2181

110 Protein. 113 : 113

192 Carbs. 167 : 167

20 Fiber. 27 : 27

110 Fats. 115 : 115

Measures 

Waist. 25 - 25 - 0

Hips. 34.5 - 34.5 - 0

Thigh L. 21 - 21 - 0

Thigh R. 21.3 - 21 - .3

Aikido

Jo. 0/10

Tech Review. 0/5

Adulting

Math0/5 - 21%

Bench

45         5

70         5

80         3

90         1

100       1

106       1--

108       1--1RM PR + 3LB!!

100       3X1

OHP

45         5

55         5

60         3

68         1

78         3X1

61         3X3

Let's just say I'm not presently detecting an energy deficit with my current eating goals, which I'm hitting pretty well all things considered. 

I have some preliminary measurements from the past two Saturdays to show not much movement, and even that might be attributed to measurement fail. I'm going with Saturdays because they're the most easily controlled.

Aikido was jo kata and suburi practice, LOL. This week is gonna be easy goal to meet.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ChrisWithaStick said:

A part of this is the FDA mandates what has to be on a label, and what is to be or not to be included.  Ingredient lists should be comprehensive for packaged goods (so far as I understand), although sometimes they hedge because things like the fat source used in the partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (for example) changes based on markets conditions - it can be anything from soy to cotton seed, to a blend of those and others, simply based on costs - so your code would then have to be related to batches.  I do like the idea of a bar code/q-code, but given the expense of nutrition testing (if you want that info), and the fact that vendors and/or ingredients can potentially change per batch, (taking the fat sources in hydrogenated oils as an example, or the farms contributing to a branded flour for another), and you start having a lot of complexity (complexity is expensive for your small to medium processors).   

Since I work in food service and production, I have views and was starting to write a bit of a screed.  For the sake of brevity - with how it's structured now, I'd say a lot of responsibility lay with the consumer to educate themselves.   If you really want to know what's in your food, and how it was grown, your best chance is whole ingredients at the farmer's market, followed by co-ops and specialty markets (Whole Foods, etc.), and those few (and usually expensive...sigh) restaurants that tell you who they buy their meat and veggies from.  If you're going to buy processed foods, pay attention to the ingredient lists and learn about inclusive terms (i.e., vegetable oil).  I'm not saying it's ideal, but it's where we're at for now. 

I'm not a big government type, so I'm not talking about mandating a 2D barcode. I'm saying that it would give companies a competitive advantage with people like me who would like access to more information about food production than are available on labels.

Obviously personal responsibility is at a premium when we're talking about food choices. We're all about trying to make the best possible decisions on what we eat, it's a struggle to figure out just what that is, and I could write a thesis on that. However, unless you are sitting on a farm in California right by the coast you're going to have something with a food label in your house--seafood and basic canned ingredients being favorite. The goal is to limit the number of these and minimize ingredient lists, but beyond that there's a lot that isn't known that maybe some enterprising company who can boast transparency might choose to do so. 

8 hours ago, ChrisWithaStick said:

Anywho - going back to liver - you might check out Hank Shaw - he writes about hunting, gathering and gardening, and has some offal receipes, such as seared liver, or dirty rice, etc. (search 'liver' on the site for more, and also other organ meat).  

I will have to check that out, definitely.

10/2/2018

giphy.gif

Me trying to do things involving breathing

Nutrition 

2200 Calories. 2251 : 2321

110 Protein. 123 : 133

192 Carbs. 157 : 148

20 Fiber. 29 : 31

110 Fats. 125 : 136

Measures 

Waist. 25 - 25 - 0

Hips. 34.5 - 34.5 - 0

Thigh L. 21 - 21 - 0

Thigh R. 21.3 - 21 - .3

Aikido

Jo. 1/10

Tech Review. 1/5

Adulting

Math0/5 - 21%

Tuesday is terminated with extreme prejudice. Another one of those internal body temperature regulation fail days. Sniffling, sneezing, dripping, snotting + sinus pressure headache when the alka-seltzer kicked in. I forgot a container to mix up my salad lunch. A dreaded meeting was supposed to go down and with me in the snot faucet business, I feeling even less game to approach it with an open mind knowing I would be sounding like a plague vector the whole time. So I took a half day, went home, ate my food in a proper fashion, then napped. Woke up and realized I couldn't make the dinner I'd chosen for that night--chicken livers--due to the combined problems of not having a lemon to de-iron the livers and having not soaked the livers beforehand. Whoops. Chili it was, which in a stroke of serendipity happens to have resulted in better macros for the week than the way I'd originally planned it PLUS it covers meals better to make a 6-serving recipe on Tuesday than a 4-serving recipe.

A month ago, this same issue of malfunctioning sinuses came up. Same day relative to Shark Week. Now it implicates hormones as being involved. Fark. Well, the game is afoot...

Did jo, did bokken suburi, did not math because FML.

10/3/2018

giphy.gif

Rollin'

Nutrition 

2200 Calories. 2200 : 2189

110 Protein. 129 : 135

192 Carbs. 156 : 155

20 Fiber. 27 : 25

110 Fats. 118 : 111

Measures 

Waist. 25 - 25 - 0

Hips. 34.5 - 34.5 - 0

Thigh L. 21 - 21 - 0

Thigh R. 21.3 - 21 - .3

Aikido

Jo. 1/10

Tech Review. 1/5

Adulting

Math0/5 - 42%

Squat

45           5

135         5

145         3

160         1

185         1

195         1

198         1

200         2x1

Deadlifts

135         5

155         5

175         3

205         1

210         5x1

Well I finally got to 200lbs in the AM, so that's done. Now to put some more weight on the bar Saturday....

Weight was on the upswing this morning, though there's no other reason for it than Shark Week is next week (presumably). 

Dojo time featured a sankyo + tanto randori for black belt and my left arm was collateral damage. It felt warm and achy, so I iced it in the dojo and did the Tylenol-Tiger balm pain killer combo to deal with acuteness and discourage me from constantly moving it to "check" it. Yup, it's still sore dumbass. Before the elbow incident, I inquired about what to do in a scenario where a knife-wielder gets a hold of one arm and say, tries to force me to move. This is a thing that happens when people get mugged or abducted. He showed me how to get to sankyo, gokyo, gyaku ikyo, and of course kotegaeshi. So that was cool.

This morning it's only a little achy at full flexion or extension, so I figure it will be more or less normal tomorrow. It better be, because it's OHP day.

• Like 2

On 10/3/2018 at 10:09 AM, Urgan said:

A month ago, this same issue of malfunctioning sinuses came up. Same day relative to Shark Week. Now it implicates hormones as being involved. Fark. Well, the game is afoot...

........ WEIRD.  Weeeeeird.  Why are bodies so WEIRD????  If it really is hormones... I... why?  How??  Stay tuned until next time--

14 minutes ago, shaar said:

........ WEIRD.  Weeeeeird.  Why are bodies so WEIRD????  If it really is hormones... I... why?  How??  Stay tuned until next time--

It used to be random....and now it's not. Like Shark Week used to be, sans BC. Working theory is at this time in the cycle I had best not chill myself down. AC blowing on me triggers the reaction for sure. Like, I was fine Monday and Wednesday, but on Tuesday the great indoors are about 10 degrees colder. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaar said:

59 minutes ago, Urgan said:

It used to be random....and now it's not. Like Shark Week used to be, sans BC. Working theory is at this time in the cycle I had best not chill myself down. AC blowing on me triggers the reaction for sure. Like, I was fine Monday and Wednesday, but on Tuesday the great indoors are about 10 degrees colder. 

the older we get I feel the more weird things we learn about our cycle...

for instance, I have determined I get ridiculously constipated the week before my period. WHY AM I LIKE THIS.

bodies, i tell you.

I hope you feel better soon!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

27 minutes ago, Jord said:

the older we get I feel the more weird things we learn about our cycle...

for instance, I have determined I get ridiculously constipated the week before my period. WHY AM I LIKE THIS.

bodies, i tell you.

I hope you feel better soon!!!

I will take not-forced-by-meds regular over irregular timing ANY day...overall it's an improvement my past lives where it was anyone's guess when Shark Week would happen and it would come with crippling cramps. The only good thing about the regular migraines was you could set your watch to it. Altho I'm enjoying opting out of that noise, too lol.

• Like 2

10/4/2018

giphy.gif

Truth

Nutrition 

2200 Calories. 2200 : 2406

110 Protein. 129 : 139

192 Carbs. 156 : 228

20 Fiber. 27 : 44

110 Fats. 118 : 106

Measures 

Waist. 25 - 25 - 0

Hips. 34.5 - 34.5 - 0

Thigh L. 21 - 21 - 0

Thigh R. 21.3 - 21 - .3

Aikido

Jo. 1/10

Tech Review. 1/5

Adulting

Math0/5 - 71%

I forgot to mention earlier that garlic hummus + lime chips = best thing ever.

That meeting I was much dreading on Tuesday happened and it was every inch the two parties speaking totally different languages and the suggested methodology is being proposed by the document writers vs the people doing the thing. It was hilarious. Also they had me in an hour-long meeting when they also wanted me to test something that day, so.....yeah. Classic.

Came home, made chicken livers for the first time ever. It was...an experience? Lemon-soaked, there was no weird taste. Husband actually wolfed it down (it involved bacon and wine and butter, so this might have helped) The texture was not appealing, frankly. And later the worst BM + abdominal pain ever. YAY. Correlation is not causation, but more research needed on what went wrong there. Also everything but fat macro was high this time due to beans.  

• Like 1

I just had the weird experience of getting a haircut at my usual place where it was discounted at half price (yay that) and signing the receipt. My hairstylist turned the receipt sideways to look at it and was like, "...oh, I thought you were trying to give me a tip." And draws a slash through the tip line even though I'd obviously written on the total line. As I explained to her, I have tried to give tips to stylists before and the money was not actually taken out. I doubt she understood/believed me. Like, it makes me feel guilty and angry at the very same time. I would have given a tip had I not figured it would just me making this big empty gesture but after being treated that way it's like, you can take that tip and cram it right up your butt. I've been to this place for over 3 years and never had this come up.

21 hours ago, Urgan said:

As I explained to her, I have tried to give tips to stylists before and the money was not actually taken out.

Wow, for real??  That's bizarre.... not tipping a stylist is like, taboo in some places, why would they not take that money out?? ? ??? That would make me feel hella guilty too.

CRAM IT RIGHT UP YOUR BUTT MADAM GOOD DAY

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shaar said:

Wow, for real??  That's bizarre.... not tipping a stylist is like, taboo in some places, why would they not take that money out?? ? ??? That would make me feel hella guilty too.

CRAM IT RIGHT UP YOUR BUTT MADAM GOOD DAY

Yeah, I swear it's strange. Nobody has exactly explained it to me one way or another and I had my hair cut by my mom until I got out of the house, so literally watching the bank account to see if tipping was a thing. Because just straight up asking would be embarrassing. But here we are.

• Like 1

10/5/2018 - 10/7/2018

giphy.gif

Responsible training progression is for other people

Nutrition 

2200 Calories. 2247 : 2221, 2215, 2196

110 Protein. 117 : 106, 95, 96

192 Carbs. 174 : 205, 158, 157

20 Fiber. 28 : 24, 23, 22

110 Fats. 119 : 106, 130, 130

Measures 

Waist. 25 - 25.1 - .1

Navel. 0 - 26 - 0

Hips. 34.5 - 34.5 - 0

Thigh L. 21 - 21.3 - .3

Thigh R. 21 - 21.3 - .3

Aikido

Jo. 2/10

Tech Review. 1/5

Adulting

Math. 1/5

Friday

OHP

45         5

55         5

60         3

70         1

76         1

78         1

80         3x1

81         1

Bench

45         5

70         5

80         3

90         1

100       1

90         3x3

Another almost-PR kind of Friday. OHP is needing some fine-tuning and/or is on the upswing after a couple failed reps across as many sessions. A solid day nonetheless. Weight has been very stable just shy of the 120lb mark. Maybe we'll see a downward trend of those measurements after, you know, Shark Week gets over itself. 

Saturday

Squat

45           5

135         5

155         3

170         1

190         1

205         3x1

207.5      1

210         1--1RM PR + 5LB!!

Deadlifts

135         5

155         5

175         3

205         1

215         1

228         1

228         1

230         1

240         1

245         1--1RM PR + 5LB!!

All my singles, ladies. All of them. I entered this session assuming I would try for 210, had myself completely convinced it wasn't happening by the 2nd set of 205, then after the 3rd set decided what the hell, why not put some weight on the bar. The worst that could happen is I fail the rep. So I did that. Then I YOLO'd and went for 210, nailed it. Had an audience, which you can observe on my Insta. It was amusing. 

Ate salad instead of Panda Express, my gains may evaporate y'all because I've eaten there after every heavy lower body session for over a year, easy. You'd think they'd have my order memorized by now except for the part where I switched to veggies instead of rice because fiber matters. Speaking of foods, oatmeal. You'd think it would be a positive experience to have gluten-free fiber, but it seems to tell my gut to hold the phone an extra whole day, which isn't ideal. Possibly to negative results later on. More research needed, but the indications aren't great. A pity, because it tastes good...

Sunday

Reviewed jo kata and some more technique stuff to be sure that sticks. Maybe. Otherwise, was darn near useless due to the lingering heat of summer combined with an A/C that is very much dying the longest death ever. 

• Like 2

10/8/2018

giphy.gif

Trickier than it looks

Nutrition 

2200 Calories. 2364 : 2364

110 Protein. 96 : 96

192 Carbs. 169 : 169

20 Fiber. 21 : 21

110 Fats. 142 : 142

Measures 

Waist. 25 - 25.1 - .1

Navel. 0 - 26 - 0

Hips. 34.5 - 34.5 - 0

Thigh L. 21 - 21.3 - .3

Thigh R. 21 - 21.3 - .3

Aikido

Jo. 2/10

Tech Review. 1/5

Adulting

Math. 1/5 - 21%

Bench

45         5

60         5

65         3

75         3

85         1

101       5x2--2RM PR + 1LB!!

OHP

45         2x5

50         3

55         3

70         1

65         5x3

Bench still somehow moving up. 

So let me tell you a story. One of my items on ebay that had been listed for like, forever randomly sold last Tuesday. The buyer paid, then had some questions, which I answered. Okay cool I'm probably going to be able to ship it on Thursday because it was sold on Tuesday evening, aikido is a thing, I don't have an envelope big enough for the box set (I didn't explain all this to him, I'm just sayin'), etc. Thursday night I get home, print the shipping label (which to my mind means it's shipped because it's going out of my possession same day or the next, depending on how late I get to it), bundle it all up for an early Friday morning drop-off. Friday morning at 6AM I get a message asking why the tracking number isn't updated. Well that's probably because the post office hasn't quite gotten the package yet it's sitting in my car about to be dropped in the box in 1.5 hours. I explain that I'm about to drop the package off and that's probably why the tracking number isn't updated yet. Okay he apologizes he's just so darn excited to watch it because his friends have hyped the mess out of this show. 

Sunday at 10 at night he messages back and inquires whether it will be updated Monday and if it will get to him Monday or Tuesday. 

Sadly I forgot it was Columbus Day or I would have said fat chance, so unfortunately that sorta messed up any projection I made about it probably updating at least, not that I could vouch for USPS efficiency, but the ETA was Thursday. I told him I haven't experience any trouble with my buyers getting their order timely. My attempt at professionally telling him to be patient and shut up. Good God alive, I have never encountered a needier human on ebay before and for no reason in particular makes me think I'm dealing with a literal or mental child. 

I just checked and tracking says it's out for bleepin' delivery.

Woof.

WOOF. 

Why you gotta make this so hard on us both, guy. It's 2018. 

In other news, we did kaitenage in class and that was not a glorious moment. Foot placement is everything and without it the technique just sorta falls apart. I don't recall this being an issue before, but memory lies, I guess. Definitely needs a lot more practice. I managed to get through the whole hour without pissing off my elbow, so that was a win of sorts. 

7 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Life being the mixed bag that it is right now, I'm just glad to hear that the iron's doing right by you and getting heavier. Humans in general, though, ugh. And needy humans? Not an improvement.

Like I get it if you don't do eCommerce much and/or it's Timmy's first eBay purchase, but if you're gonna hound somebody about the deets then be straight up about it and just say so. It would simultaneously improve my ability to exert restraint and allow me to like, explain to you how this stuff goes so you can get all in the info without driving us both insane with near daily messages.

• Like 1

Hahahahaha jeez louise my dude, sometimes it takes DAYS for me to get a tracking number for stuff I've ordered, like come on Timmy TAKE A CHILL HAVE A SEAT ZIP YOUR TRAP.  At least you responded though, some people probably would have just been "eh" and let the whole thing slide..

• Like 1

Hahahahaha jeez louise my dude, sometimes it takes DAYS for me to get a tracking number for stuff I've ordered, like come on Timmy TAKE A CHILL HAVE A SEAT ZIP YOUR TRAP.  At least you responded though, some people probably would have just been "eh" and let the whole thing slide..

I know like, imagine if I harassed FeedMeFightMe or some other small business because

a - merchant did not bust their hump to make a late-night run to the post office for my special princess order or

b - the USPS is an antiquated system of apathetic douchecanoes tossing your shit into carts and wheeling it around the country whenever they can be fussed, maybe to its intended destination

Now if it's been 3 weeks and no word, no nothing then maybe start rattling some cages because nowadays that's about when you might suspect something is up. Unless you're shipping from flippin' Japan in which case that would be the earliest you could expect it.....

• Like 1