1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Work went by fairly quickly given in an unusual twist there was a lot for me to do and I found a top 100+ anime opening of all time ranking thing and listened to almost all of the ones I didn't know and many of the ones I did, lol.

Wow, Tank! deserves to be #1. That's just a classic.

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

1/15/2019

giphy.gif

Unrelenting beans

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

Within: Samurai Don't Complain

Holding the line with minimal grumbling. At least I am cognizant of what I am doing when I am doing it.

Without: Giri

Use daily shower cleaner - 10/29

Bring in parents' dumpster - 0/3*

Deal with electric razor batteries   

Declutter nightstand      

Clean shower     

Clean microwave     

Remove Christmas stuff     

Verify whether chipotle pepper is the cause of Husband's heartburn     

Follow up on Mom's foot and leg pain - 2/2    

Replace A/C on 1/8    

Clean toilet
Clean sink counters 
Clean stubborn pot stains  

Buy (and use) daily shower cleaner - 8/29   

Clean under bed     

Mop the floor     

Clean kitchen table
Pop the cork on the cooking wine bottle or throw it out     

Declutter coffee table
Research automated testing for work     

Budget for HOA fee payment   

Write Christmas present thank-you note 

Clean pressure cooker inserts 

Nutrition 

2350 Calories. 2342 : 2348

Aikido

Jo. 8/10

Tech Review. 9/20

I am trying to practice this thing where I deflect negative thoughts on the drive home specifically about the events of the commute itself. If I can master this, I can master anything. Now I'm not particularly...volcanic behind the wheel, but I can kvetch with the grandmasters of Kvetching, both traditional and modern styles. All inside my own head. Where it does no good. Science has shown bitching and worrying do precisely nothing to change any given situation and are custom engineered to make you miserable. 

My gut felt like it had a rock sitting uneasily inside it most of the day nestled in a pocket of gas and that was not joyous. Mebbe low fiber for a weekend followed up by All the Fiber wasn't a good life choice? Bueller? 

I felt like I was more organized this evening than average, which is a funny feeling to have given I somehow left tortillas at the store on Friday and had to change the planned meal as a direct result. Food is on point, all the same. I reviewed the suwari waza we did on Monday....in my head. Knees are still not super thrilled about the night's shenanigans. I'm hoping the general joint angst will pass based on my eating right to spec. I mean, I could certainly conform to 2500 calories, but that will result in carrying around 2lbs extra water.

21 hours ago, shaar said:

Wow, Tank! deserves to be #1. That's just a classic.

It is a classic, but then I would put a lot of things ahead of Tokyo Ghoul.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

23 hours ago, Urgan said:

Work went by fairly quickly given in an unusual twist there was a lot for me to do and I found a top 100+ anime opening of all time ranking thing and listened to almost all of the ones I didn't know and many of the ones I did, lol. I managed to get out of there without a headache somehow--this has become a rarity.

Tank! and the collected works of Yoko Kanno should make up the top 10 of that list just by default.

Although, that being said, the English cover of Unravel by Jonathan Young is really good - it's got this strong, driving post-rock sound that I dig pretty hard. It's not better than Tank!, but I suspect it's placed higher because it's newer and fandom sucks by default.

I'm kind of surprised that Cruel Angel's Thesis made the top 10; it's good, I'm just surprised by the staying power. Also, Flyers is really, really good.

23 hours ago, Urgan said:

Stupidest animals walking, deer.

Hah, the knife-wielding psychopaths of the natural world, them. If they're that desperate to be made into food, might as well get some rope and carry it to a butcher. Get something for the trouble. :D

Fingers crossed for getting rid of the property!

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Kishi said:

I'm kind of surprised that Cruel Angel's Thesis made the top 10; it's good, I'm just surprised by the staying power. 

Yeah me too; it's kind of dated IMO?  But also probably holds a lot of nostalgia for most of us...

Yoko Kanno is a beautiful genius ;_;

54 minutes ago, Urgan said:

My gut felt like it had a rock sitting uneasily inside it most of the day nestled in a pocket of gas and that was not joyous. Mebbe low fiber for a weekend followed up by All the Fiber wasn't a good life choice? Bueller? 

Oh no... oversteer, OVERSTEER.  Bodies why are you like this, I mean, look at all the marvelous things you can do!, but a little extra fiber and everything goes to shit.  (Heheheh. Pun intended maybe)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Tank! and the collected works of Yoko Kanno should make up the top 10 of that list just by default.

Although, that being said, the English cover of Unravel by Jonathan Young is really good - it's got this strong, driving post-rock sound that I dig pretty hard. It's not better than Tank!, but I suspect it's placed higher because it's newer and fandom sucks by default.

I'm kind of surprised that Cruel Angel's Thesis made the top 10; it's good, I'm just surprised by the staying power. Also, Flyers is really, really good.

I can get behind this. Solid gold.

Just now, shaar said:

Yeah me too; it's kind of dated IMO?  But also probably holds a lot of nostalgia for most of us...

Cruel Angel's Thesis will stop being on a Top 10 opener list when they stop making Top 10 opener lists, I think. I sort of have nostalgia for it and I've seen only a couple of episodes lol. I couldn't call it my favorite by any stretch, however.

24 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Hah, the knife-wielding psychopaths of the natural world, them. If they're that desperate to be made into food, might as well get some rope and carry it to a butcher. Get something for the trouble. :D

Deer are the one force that can make me look like I have just lost my mind on the road. There is just no justification for being so dumb and yet intent on crossing a road.

We did briefly consider waking our doctor neighbor up to tell him there was some fresh meat on the side of the road after it suicide-bombed my car. But decided against it on grounds we didn't know his schedule that week.

26 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Fingers crossed for getting rid of the property!

All the fingers, toes, and limbs crossed at this point.

4 minutes ago, shaar said:

Oh no... oversteer, OVERSTEER.  Bodies why are you like this, I mean, look at all the marvelous things you can do!, but a little extra fiber and everything goes to shit.  (Heheheh. Pun intended maybe)

It felt a bit like it was trying to do an encore early this morning, but HOPEFULLY that isn't the case.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

1/16/2019

giphy.gif

Looking for a joint that doesn't hurt like

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

Deer and my bokken-whacked knee

Use daily shower cleaner - 11/29

I am replacing the dumpster task with programming for Mom. She has indicated she is ready to go back to it regularly, so I need to adjust things given she has laid off it for many moons now. It's kind of time sensitive to get it done for Friday, so I should be knocking this out today.

Declutter nightstand       

Clean shower      

Clean microwave      

Remove Christmas stuff      

Replace A/C on 1/8     

Clean toilet
Clean sink counters 

Buy (and use) daily shower cleaner - 11/29    

Program Lifts for Mom

Clean under bed      

Mop the floor      

Clean kitchen table

Declutter coffee table

Nutrition 

2350 Calories. 2338 : 2329

Aikido

Jo. 9/10

Tech Review. 10/20

I am juggling macros, aikido review, and Japanese practice pretty well. I did fall asleep with the lights on, propped up, with glasses still on my face--they weren't when I woke up, however. We did suwari waza nikyo edition, so now I have no excuse not to commit them to memory. 

This morning I woke up at 7:45, which, for those of you who don't know, is 45 minutes later than I ought to be out of bed. Talk about setting yourself up for success. Also I didn't have any decent protein in house, so I had to pick some up and scream down the highway to work. At least the morning meeting was scheduled a half hour later than normal, so I didn't have to walk of shame past the meeting room.

• Like 2

1/17/2019

giphy.gif

Nailed it

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

I did gud

Program Lifts for Mom 

Use daily shower cleaner - 12/29

Declutter nightstand        

Clean shower       

Clean microwave       

Remove Christmas stuff       

Replace A/C on 1/8      

Clean toilet
Clean sink counters 

Program Lifts for Mom 

Buy (and use) daily shower cleaner - 12/29     

Clean under bed       

Mop the floor       

Clean kitchen table

Declutter coffee table

Nutrition 

2350 Calories. 2282 : 2116

Aikido

Jo. 9/10

Tech Review. 11/20

The morning anecdote: I am working on my Commute Zen, for lack of a better description, because it basically doesn't matter. You can in fact drive an entire commute without remembering any of it. I woke up late and had no lunch, so I had to zoom on outta the house to hit a grocery store for noms and a  missing ingredient for dinner noms, only to arrive a few minutes late to work when the One Commandment is Thou Shalt Not Be Late for the Morning Meeting. Well the morning meeting got pushed back, so Flawless Victory. And the point of zooming on home is to relax, so why preface that with a massive angst fest?

Otherwise it was an unremarkable day. The tortillas I bought had wheat in them (they're a corn-wheat hybrid), which I did not notice in my hurry to buy them from a store I do not typically buy tortillas. Oh well YOLO and don't waste food and such. They sure tasted good, FWIW. I did programming for Mom, completed Japanese practice, verified I can remember ushiro kotegaeshi and suwari waza, and turned off the light BEFORE falling asleep at an almost sane time--important to not end up nursing a multi-day neck crick. The only thing I failed to do was hit calories.

1/18/2019 - 1/20/2019

giphy.gif

Hindsight

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

I was doing pretty good until I decided to screw it up on Sunday afternoon. Due to the nature of thing being embarrassing and recounting it kind of defeats the entire point of this goal, but suffice to say it was blown out of the water very thoroughly. Sigh.

Use daily shower cleaner - 15/29

Declutter nightstand        

Clean shower       

Clean microwave       

Remove Christmas stuff       

Replace A/C on 1/8      

Clean toilet
Clean sink counters 

Program Lifts for Mom 

Buy (and use) daily shower cleaner - 15/29     

Clean under bed       

Mop the floor       
Clean kitchen table
Declutter coffee table

Nutrition 

2350 Calories. 2312 : 2463, 2336, 2256

Aikido

Jo. 9/10

Tech Review. 11/20

Friday's OHP deload session went okay for a deload session where everything feels heavier than it was. I think this is the doings of hormones, but time will tell, I guess. Otherwise an unremarkable Friday that ended in an early bedtime because I was totally wiped out. 

Saturday was one of those days where you have to fight for your right to party. First there were two groups of guys who took up way too much space (deets in the spoiler), then some old guy who often walks by and asks how my dad is doing post-heart surgery (never hi, how are you, what's up, hey look you're living life in the gym and stuff, just "how's your dad?") and I got sick of that after like four episodes of reiterating that he was fine just sort of doing his own thing and he'll come back when he's ready and replied with an affirmation that I was fine, how was he? 

Fine, how's your dad?

I'm fine.

How's your dad, is he recovered?

At this point I drop the politeness and give a short "Yes, he is recovered." 

I am not sure he got the point, but he left. It was getting annoying answering the same question over and over while in Chopped Liver status because I have no control over when Dad decides he wants to go back to the gym. I will admit it was not my most patient moment, but I was fresh out and it honestly concerns me that there's no way of knowing if any given answer would ever have been enough to resolve the matter. Like it started getting where it felt like an implied "why isn't he back yet?" and Good Lord I am not my father's nanny I cannot make him do things shut it. 

I did rack pulls after squats and worked up 210lb triples before backing off a bit. Finding balance in setting up for the pull is a little tricky, but I'm going to get the hang of it. Then ran home before the Saturday rains froze and the city became a deathtrap for a real wheel drive car. Maybe. No idea how much it actually froze lol. 

Sunday was pot cleaning time. We cleaned four pots...well, mostly. One of them is going to need another round, but we only had so much time so it lives to fight another day. Baking soda + vinegar seems to work pretty darn well. Around this time I was multitasking pot boiling, eggs and lunch-making, and somehow managing to go back on my decision not to make A Thing of something really dumb, but I did anyway, so that was great good job go team. Took a long nap and did the dinner. Never set foot outside because BRR. Between the weather and MLK Jr day, it's very up in the air to the extent that Monday will be normal--the gym is closed, and if the roads are weird enough the dojo might close, too (not looking likely now...but I'm not holding my breath, weirder has happened).

Insta post explains it all~

• Like 1

1/21/2019

giphy.gif

This is a metaphor simile

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

Well. Nothing new at least??

Research automated testing for work - under way

Budget for HOA fee payment - payment to be made on Friday

Use daily shower cleaner - 16/29

Declutter nightstand        

Clean shower       

Clean microwave       

Remove Christmas stuff       

Replace A/C on 1/8      

Clean toilet
Clean sink counters 

Program Lifts for Mom 

Buy (and use) daily shower cleaner - 16/29     

Clean under bed       

Mop the floor       
Clean kitchen table
Declutter coffee table     

Nutrition 

2350 Calories. 2426 : 2426

Aikido

Jo. 9/10

Tech Review. 12/20

Yesterday wasn't my finest, either. Leftovers from Sunday? A few factors, not the least of which was the gym being closed, outside my control happened. Blah blah blah. Etc. 

There was a comical incident of a pickup truck trying to run me off the interstate at speed. He at least had the presence of mind to apply his turn signal, which made it obvious what was going down. I'm also getting better at using my horn instead of only taking evasive action: we were partners in preventing this tragedy. Which he thankfully reciprocated by swerving wildly and eventually ended up back in his lane before merging properly. Oh how I laughed. As you do when faced with near death. 

The dojo was all the gokyo, all the time, followed up by I believe kata guruma--execute munetsuki gokyo as normal then put your inside elbow down, lie on your side, scissor your legs out, and sink against uke while lifting the arm toward your face. Joy. We discovered a tidbit that it's really important where you land your knee on the takedown: knee needs to be as close to uke's shoulder as you can get it without blocking yourself and uke needs to fall flat or back a bit or else it's gonna be a Bad Time. Specifically uke's arm will bend and while the result would be good On the Street, it's not so great on tired, sad joints. 

Left promptly and had to do a  good bit in not so much time, since Tuesday becomes a de facto gym day this week. Yeeeee.

Things I forgot to mention: I did grab my parents' dumpster and put it out when I arrived. The timing was perfect because it was cold as crud (relatively speaking). Also, I believe with heavy assistance from @Sam Ashen (wherever he may be, God rest his soul) I could come up with a formula to derive the ratio of Do Not Wants to Get Up to Gratitudes That I Did on gym days. It is really, really hard to get home late from Aikido, pack, and get up early but I feel better today than I did yesterday if you can imagine. Also I have more meaningful work to do today...that helps, too...

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 9:11 AM, Urgan said:

The morning anecdote: I am working on my Commute Zen, for lack of a better description, because it basically doesn't matter. You can in fact drive an entire commute without remembering any of it. I woke up late and had no lunch, so I had to zoom on outta the house to hit a grocery store for noms and a  missing ingredient for dinner noms, only to arrive a few minutes late to work when the One Commandment is Thou Shalt Not Be Late for the Morning Meeting. Well the morning meeting got pushed back, so Flawless Victory. And the point of zooming on home is to relax, so why preface that with a massive angst fest?

Good for you working on your Commute Zen. There are times that I am happy to sit in stop-and-go traffic because it means I get more time to listen to my current audiobook.

Yay for your meeting being delayed!

On 1/18/2019 at 9:11 AM, Urgan said:

I did programming for Mom, completed Japanese practice, verified I can remember ushiro kotegaeshi and suwari waza, and turned off the light BEFORE falling asleep at an almost sane time--important to not end up nursing a multi-day neck crick. The only thing I failed to do was hit calories.

A good day.

6 hours ago, Urgan said:

There was a comical incident of a pickup truck trying to run me off the interstate at speed. He at least had the presence of mind to apply his turn signal, which made it obvious what was going down. I'm also getting better at using my horn instead of only taking evasive action: we were partners in preventing this tragedy. Which he thankfully reciprocated by swerving wildly and eventually ended up back in his lane before merging properly. Oh how I laughed. As you do when faced with near death. 

Yeesh. I'm glad he had the manner to use his turn signal and the presence of mind to swerve when he heard your horn. Something about the interstate encourages the idiot drivers.

6 hours ago, Urgan said:

The dojo was all the gokyo, all the time, followed up by I believe kata guruma--execute munetsuki gokyo as normal then put your inside elbow down, lie on your side, scissor your legs out, and sink against uke while lifting the arm toward your face. Joy. We discovered a tidbit that it's really important where you land your knee on the takedown: knee needs to be as close to uke's shoulder as you can get it without blocking yourself and uke needs to fall flat or back a bit or else it's gonna be a Bad Time. Specifically uke's arm will bend and while the result would be good On the Street, it's not so great on tired, sad joints. 

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen munetsuki gokyo. Only gokyo from shomen or yokomen. I know I've never seen the second technique you described. 

• Like 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

1 minute ago, Mistr said:

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen munetsuki gokyo. Only gokyo from shomen or yokomen. I know I've never seen the second technique you described. 

Sensei said wasn't done in Aikido, it's more of a judo-esque deal.

You disappear to the outside of a punch while getting a grip around the wrist with leading hand, use the momentum to pin uke's arm under your armpit while your legs are doing a full tenkan motion--you're doing a 180.

Slide leading hand down to wrist, helper hand gets the fingers. Uke's hand should have their pinkie up. The higher you hold it the better, as per usual.

Back leg steps around uke's head, using your firm grip on uke's arm to drive her down into the mat.

From there it's a standard gokyo pin--use a grip on hand and elbow/gi to pin the wrist.

It sounds like a good video opportunity.....

• Like 1

1/22/2019

giphy.gif

SALLY FORTH

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

I think I did gud. Every single human cut me off on the drive home, but I tried not to get too angry about other people's idiocy. 

Use daily shower cleaner - 17/29

Declutter nightstand         
Clean shower        
Clean microwave        

Remove Christmas stuff        

Replace A/C on 1/8       

Clean toilet
Clean sink counters 

Program Lifts for Mom  

Buy (and use) daily shower cleaner - 16/29      

Clean under bed        

Mop the floor       
Clean kitchen table
Declutter coffee table 

Nutrition 

2350 Calories. 2358: 2289

Aikido

Jo. 10/10

Tech Review. 13/20

Well this was a strange Tuesday, what with the gymming. Best Tuesday in a long time as a direct result, creeping Shark Week Pre-Game Whatever It's Doing. It wasn't exactly deload material at .5lb under my bench 5RM, but despite having to take the bad rack it wasn't that terrible. Otherwise, just treading water. Reviewed all the things Aikido, feeling halfway okay about life.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 10:16 AM, Urgan said:

There was a comical incident of a pickup truck trying to run me off the interstate at speed. He at least had the presence of mind to apply his turn signal, which made it obvious what was going down. I'm also getting better at using my horn instead of only taking evasive action:

Oh heck yeah TOOT TOOT MOTHERTRUCKER (pun intended)

How long is your commute again?  Reading your travel bits is starting to resonate strongly with me......

• Thanks 1

1/23/2019

giphy.gif

ALDOT meeting in progress

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

I think I did gud.

Use daily shower cleaner - 18/29

Declutter nightstand         
Clean shower        
Clean microwave         

Remove Christmas stuff         

Replace A/C on 1/8        

Clean toilet
Clean sink counters 

Program Lifts for Mom  

Buy (and use) daily shower cleaner - 18/29       

Clean under bed         

Mop the floor       
Clean kitchen table
Declutter coffee table

Nutrition 

2350 Calories. 2363: 2375

Aikido

Jo. 10/10

Tech Review. 14/20

Gym time Interesting Tidbit was me doing rack pulls for 5s. I got up to 200lbs and made that weight my work weight for three sets. 

Work was pretty brisk right up until the end, where I ran out of things to do and the downside of having a window right next to your cube is when it gets dark outside, it feels like you are in a hole.

It's ironic the first week I intended to do dumpster shuffling for my parents they were on top of it--this week it's been cold and rainy, so that hasn't been taken care of before I arrive. It's a lot easier for me to get out of a car where I'm already wet anyway and do it vs leaving the house possibly for the first and only time. 

Dojo time was bokken work + we darn near became a movie studio for a few minutes trying to capture munetsuki gokyo, which as mentioned earlier is an uncommon technique. Video at the bottom for your viewing pleasure.

15 hours ago, shaar said:

Oh heck yeah TOOT TOOT MOTHERTRUCKER (pun intended)

How long is your commute again?  Reading your travel bits is starting to resonate strongly with me......

It's 17 miles one way, which translates to 40 minutes on average to go to work and 1 hour 15 minutes to drive home--50 minutes to drive to my parents' house. It involves multiple interstates and highways and lots of crazy. You want travel stories? You are about to get some, because they're finally making moves to really change Malfunction Junction. That is, they closed a major artery Monday night now that construction has proceeded to a point where they can't keep building without going through existing ramps. Combine that with rain and you get yesterday's commute. Go down a highway, squiggle along some unfamiliar backroads in the dark and rain and poor delineation/illumination of lanes with other people doing the same, then finally get on an interstate and prepare to not move very quickly on your way to another interstate that will take you to your destination. Birmingham road layouts can be accurately simulated with a basket of yarn skeins, a particularly rambunctious kitten, and cocaine.

• Like 2

1/24/2019

giphy.gif

I whip my hair back and forth

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

I am sure I complained and grumbled quite a lot more than necessary in my head, but I didn't take it out on anybody

Use daily shower cleaner - 19/29

Declutter nightstand         
Clean shower        
Clean microwave          

Remove Christmas stuff          

Replace A/C on 1/8         

Clean toilet
Clean sink counters 

Program Lifts for Mom  

Buy (and use) daily shower cleaner - 19/29        

Clean under bed          

Mop the floor       
Clean kitchen table
Declutter coffee table 

Nutrition 

2350 Calories. 2289 : 2065

Aikido

Jo. 11/10

Tech Review. 15/20

This was a self-inflicted bad day. I took kombucha into the morning meeting that was followed up by one of those meetings where the organizers would rather sell you on a design idea than force it, but they aren't unwilling to attempt force if necessary. At least it was short as these meetings tend to go. The time spent in there with a cold drink colored the rest of the day in sneezes, stuffed noses, and headaches from 10AM to 10PM. You can see where the grumbling comes in. Deep down I knew it was my fault the whole time.  My husband first thing at work ran into a steel car bumper and landed palm-first + bonus forearm scratch on the opposite arm on concrete, and as a result jarred his back. Between us we managed to get dinner done by 10, which is pretty nifty given we started at 9:10 and it involved cooking pasta and bacon for carbonara WHICH WAS ENTIRELY WORTH THE WAIT + EFFORT. A lot of waiting was required. The timing was due to me being asleep until 9 in the customary nap that tried and failed to de-headache my face, and him getting home at 8-ish anyway because they are rushing to get ready for a major car show in February, so even if I was Martha Stewart Perfect it would have been...unconventional. Such is life. He did more than his share of grumbling re:bacon cooking, but it's amazing what a shower will do for a man's attitude. Not that I blame him for feeling that way, I do blame him for not showering sooner though LOL. 

I did not do any automated testing research, but in my defense looking at things was not fun. I did do Japanese and Aikido practice, barely lol. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Now now. Sometimes life is a thing you live through. You're on the other side of it now and hopefully today is better.

You'd think I'd learn not to hurt myself, though. It is, given that it is not Thursday and gym happened today.

• Like 1

1/25/2019 - 1/27/2019

giphy.gif

Melon cat

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

I felt this to be a pretty strong weekend actually. Aside from getting rather upset at the grocery store when there is a relatively simple solution readily at hand

Declutter coffee table  

Use daily shower cleaner - 21/29

Declutter nightstand         
Clean shower        
Clean microwave           

Remove Christmas stuff           

Replace A/C on 1/8          

Clean toilet
Clean sink counters 

Program Lifts for Mom  

Declutter coffee table  

Buy (and use) daily shower cleaner - 21/29         

Clean under bed           

Mop the floor       
Clean kitchen table

Nutrition 

2350 Calories. 2320 : 2294, 2356, 2436

Aikido

Jo. 11/10

Tech Review. 15/20

So Friday. We finished up a sprint and that meant a lot of housekeeping related to that. I'd done a volume OHP session at the gym, which went rather well I suppose. Friday is shopping day, which lately has had a tinge of angst to it because the bleepheads put in a policy that anything that is not in a grocery bag when you walk out means you will be stopped and forced to supply your receipt. I've been going to this store for 6 years and this development did not amuse me. The item in question is cat litter. You do not need to bag cat litter. It is 20lbs and the bags can handle about -2lbs' worth of very blunt groceries. Also I normally arrange the cat litter in a way that spares the cashier having to hoist them across the scanner, because there's no need for that with a handheld barcode scanner available. This is important to note because, given I have made this a six year habit and use a store-specific credit card with a very well-positioned-for-my-finances payment date, it did not occur to me that the easiest way to pass the buck back to the store is to cease this gesture of mercy and make the cashier treat the cat litter like any other item. Which is precisely what I am going to do. I do not want to be stopped and treated like a retard petty thief every week, I will make my path as effortless as possible because too much unexpected stuff out there between work and home. Alternatively, if the expensive cat litter I bought at Sprouts pans out (HARR), I may say screw it. We spend too much money on groceries to put up with this crap. The effort to extricate myself from this routine will require volcanic levels of rage. 

Sprouts failed me the same night by robbing me of my sushi that I'd bought, so when I got home I had no dinner. Cue the princely meal of husband bringing home Chick-fil-a fries + bone broth + coconut milk protein shake + black olives. Yes indeed.

Saturday was gym day. Hit some heavy volume of 172lb squats and 190lb deadlifts.

Sunday was chore time. Gumbo happened. 

We may all die from cold precipitation Monday night/Tuesday morning. Pray for our souls. Tuesday the high is going to be 35 for about 10 minutes before dropping into the 20s. This gonna be fun.

• Like 1

1/28/2019 + 1/29/2019

giphy.gif

Only in our dreams

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

Whee~

Use daily shower cleaner - 23/29

Declutter nightstand         
Clean shower        
Clean microwave           

Remove Christmas stuff           

Replace A/C on 1/8          

Clean toilet
Clean sink counters 

Program Lifts for Mom  

Declutter coffee table  

Buy (and use) daily shower cleaner - 23/29         

Clean under bed           

Mop the floor       
Clean kitchen table

Nutrition 

2350 Calories. 2487 : 2601 , 2373

Aikido

Jo. 12/10

Tech Review. 17/20

Monday was a new music, new shorts, heavy bench kind of day. Felt pretty good. Work moved kind of slow. Dojo time moved fast--nikkyo pins with all the flavors. Straight arm, cross arm, left, right, irimi, and tenkan. Woooooo. Refining technique + giving a black belt a hard time during randori were the wins of the night. Came home smug in the security of not having to drive on Tuesday due to Imminent Apocalypse weather.

Tuesday the weather failed to show. Not even a drop of anything. A 3 hour band of snow bracketed by a couple hours' rain would, one would think, ensure ice rink conditions for a day and a half. Stayed home anyway and did some work there, also ran laundry, dishes, made lunch, and generally preoccupied the cats. Managed to not fall asleep midday and miss an afternoon meeting with the aid of coffee. Napped after that and made dinner at an almost human hour, which threw my husband off his routine LOL. What is dinner at 8 anyway? The forecasting fail did ensure I would be able to lift on Wednesday since no ice = normal life. Normal has its perks.

I'm going to be retooling the automated testing research because my boss has decided we're all doing training videos and I have a strong suspicion of what will be the crown jool of my training gauntlet. No point in going off on my own then.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Early. Civilized people take their repast at 23:00. It's what separates us from the beasts.

HA. Well if I cooked on Mondays and Wednesdays that's precisely when we'd eat lol.

• Haha 1

1/30/2019

giphy.gif

Weird flex, but okay

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

I feel I did pretty well when traffic and Humans At Work gave me ample excuse to bitch and moan

Use daily shower cleaner - 23/29

Deal with electric razor batteries   
Sign up for paperless sewer bill         
Declutter nightstand         
Clean shower        
Clean microwave            

Remove Christmas stuff            

Replace A/C on 1/8           

Clean toilet
Clean sink counters 

Program Lifts for Mom  

Declutter coffee table   

Buy (and use) daily shower cleaner - 23/29          
Clean under bed            

Mop the floor       
Clean kitchen table

Nutrition 

2350 Calories. 2439 : 2344

Aikido

Jo. 12/10

Tech Review. 18/20

Wednesday means heavy squats and rack pulls. Top sets of 200 and 225lbs, respectively. Some slight workflow angst occurred, capped off by finding a place where said workflow was failing hardcore--i.e., changes were going to go out the door without my having seen them. The reason it happened is they were so minor that they were moved down the line and Somebody didn't update the ticket appropriately so while the code deploy(ed), the ticket sits innocently looking like it's in a holding pattern. Whee. Time to handhold.

Dojo was munetsuki koykyunage, which is always not the slightest bit awkward to do, especially for the first time. My partners hadn't done it before, soooo we all had a good laugh about that. Then we did jiu waza (you have to do Something about any grasping attack). I taught them ushiro-somethin' kotegaeshi and one of them wasn't in class on Monday so we did two-hands-on-one nikyo to expose her to the rearward and two-handed angle she might have to deal with later. Sorta kinda seemed to penetrate a bit. Confirmed with Sensei this was okay since it seemed kind of relevant for the mission of Any Grasping Attack.

I'm counting the above as my review, because it totally was technically outside of the class prescription and it helped both of us remember nikyo to do it on another human in rapid succession. 

Got home late, didn't review jo and forgot to spray down shower, and had to scramble to make calories. 

Also, breaking news: It's still cold