2/11/2019

giphy.gif

Getting by with a little help from a bad habit

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

Within: Samurai Don't Complain

Um...I might have gotten through a large portion of the day by complaining because tl;dr, I am a moron

Without: Giri

Shower cleaning - 5/28

Nighttime teethbrushing - 8/28

Bring in parents' dumpster - 1/4

Do work online training - 3/18

Haul off donations

Buy a better paper shredder

Clean kitchen table

Clean shower

Clean toilet

Clean sinks

Clean kitchen counters

Mop floor

Investigate laptop heating issue

Find storage space for cat supplies

Courage

Within: Belt Test is a Battlefield

-

Without: Keep heizen and carry on

Gun purchase

Instacart-type grocery services

Getting recalled airbags fixed

New kitchen chairs

Learning first-aid

Nutrition 

2400 Calories. 2334 : 2334

Aikido

Jo. 2/10

Tech Review. 5/16

So Monday started with Sunday and the questionable decision to allow myself 3 hours of sleep. Went to gym, squeaked out a 101lb bench triple before/after messing with my bench grip because #livingdangerously Proceeded to make a cascade of mistakes at work punctuated by my work account spontaneously combusting (aka a real issue in the middle of ghosts I'd been chasing like a sleep-deprived moron, because that is what I was). Questioned all day long whether I'd have the energy to do Aikido, given I was limping along mostly on complaints. Went to the dojo anyway, because it's what I do. Things got awkward when Sensei decided today was judo/jiu-jitsu day. Straddling and face-in-chest happened. Also put me in an interesting place trying to do technique review at home afterward. I went with Aiki Otoshi just based on the spirit of the thing. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

19 hours ago, Kishi said:

Sounds like you need a weekend off from your weekend, but it sounds like it was good just the same. Cool!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Also in case you didn't feel like you had a complete understanding of the kind of people my mom is having to deal with, you know that thing where people don't pick up and you call several times, eventually trying the work number and they lead you to believe they left their phone at home but casually drop in conversation that they have their cell phone right by them and carry on without missing a beat? Yeah that's a thing that actually happens apparently. 

2/12/2019

giphy.gif

Balls

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

Better than Monday's performance, at least. 

Shower cleaning - 6/28

Nighttime teethbrushing - 9/28

Bring in parents' dumpster - 1/4

Do work online training - 4/18

Haul off donations

Clean kitchen table

Clean shower

Clean toilet

Clean sinks

Clean kitchen counters

Mop floor

Courage

I am definitely starting to confront the Entire Roster of techniques now. Itching to run through both right and left sides on the mat.

Gun purchase

New kitchen chairs

Learning first-aid

Nutrition 

2400 Calories. 2361 : 2388

Aikido

Jo. 3/10

Tech Review. 6/16

Tuesday was about catching up to the fallout of Sunday's poor life choice. Didn't do horribly at that. Sunday paid me back with fish dinner I didn't have to cook, so I could catch 2 hours of sleep with no repercussions. Husband came home early with sinus problems, so he was napping at least as much as I. Still managed to hit my Japanese study, Aikido review, prep for the following day's shenanigans, and turn the lights off before midnight. #juggling #thecircusisintown 

1 hour ago, Mistr said:

Yeesh. Some people apparently take pride in being jerks.

Two titans of asshattery combined houses when these people got married. Like gasoline and a box of matches. Literally from that moment on, they have been an emotional and financial hole down which to vainly throw resources. The only return you can expect is to be kicked in the teeth and criticized on the shape and former positioning of said teeth. They would have grown them differently.

We are so, so very close to the end of the line and it is worth losing a great deal of the potential full worth of the property to take this deal because you cannot put a price tag on emotional abuse. We suspect they are very litigious and capable of money laundering to pair off with their fluent lying. Not surprisingly, due to being unable to sustain a living like a normal family, they are perpetually in a monetary bind and we think that is why they are coming to the table now vs a year ago. Please pray we make it without anyone saying anything too Accurate or spontaneously committing homicide. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, shaar said:

So what you're saying is, I should watch for you guys on Dr. Phil...........

More like Investigation Discovery....or national news perhaps. Depending on how creative we decide to get. 

....and an actual doctor of psychiatry would be more useful. Just so the world can finally learn WTF is wrong with this person. I am convinced we would not be the only interested parties.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Urgan said:

Two titans of asshattery combined houses when these people got married. Like gasoline and a box of matches. Literally from that moment on, they have been an emotional and financial hole down which to vainly throw resources. The only return you can expect is to be kicked in the teeth and criticized on the shape and former positioning of said teeth. They would have grown them differently.

We are so, so very close to the end of the line and it is worth losing a great deal of the potential full worth of the property to take this deal because you cannot put a price tag on emotional abuse. We suspect they are very litigious and capable of money laundering to pair off with their fluent lying. Not surprisingly, due to being unable to sustain a living like a normal family, they are perpetually in a monetary bind and we think that is why they are coming to the table now vs a year ago. Please pray we make it without anyone saying anything too Accurate or spontaneously committing homicide. 

My sympathy on this ongoing miserable situation. I can certainly see the appeal of wanting to just sell so that you never need to talk with them again.

• Thanks 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

2/13/2019

giphy.gif

Free training day

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

Grocery runs to the downtown Publix

Shower cleaning - 7/28

Nighttime teethbrushing - 10/28

Bring in parents' dumpster - 2/4

Do work online training - 5/18

Haul off donations

Clean kitchen table

Clean shower

Clean toilet

Clean sinks

Clean kitchen counters

Mop floor

Courage

Two of my associates are also gearing up to test, so there were some feels shared there

Gun purchase

New kitchen chairs

Learning first-aid

Nutrition 

2400 Calories. 2337 : 2290

Aikido

Jo. 3/10

Tech Review. 7/16

First, the downtown Publix makes me feel incompetent and makes me vent in all directions--I have identified an cashier to avoid going forward. I went there for a Valentine's present and came out with 5 additional bottles of kombucha and a small tin of tuna that looks a lot like fancy cat food but presumably isn't. 

Second, because it was free training time and other people are going to be testing March 13th, we went over most of the techniques. Because I've been scrutinizing them a bit longer with testing in mind, I was able to "lead" the other blue belts in several of them as a refresher. UNLIMITED POWER. This presented an interesting challenge to reviewing at home. I decided to split the baby and review all of them again except the weapons work lol. Because that made sense.

Third, for going to the grocery store and having access to anything in the whole wide world, I managed to set myself up to chase calories after getting home. So after setting up the Valentine's presents for my husband to find the next morning, I did Japanese practice and then ate half a can of olives, two beef hot dogs, and a protein bar. As you do. Still managed to turn the light off before midnight because Exhausted. I turned off the romanized help so now we're in the deep water of the hiragana I am not sure of and the kanji I know I don't know lol. PLZ TO SEEP INTO MY BRAIN NAO, 日本.

17 hours ago, Mistr said:

My sympathy on this ongoing miserable situation. I can certainly see the appeal of wanting to just sell so that you never need to talk with them again.

All the money, in all the worlds, real and imagined, cannot balance out with the peace of not having to deal with this anymore. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

Second, because it was free training time and other people are going to be testing March 13th, we went over most of the techniques. Because I've been scrutinizing them a bit longer with testing in mind, I was able to "lead" the other blue belts in several of them as a refresher. UNLIMITED POWER.

Steady on. No sense letting it get to your head. :D

2/14/2019

giphy.gif

As well as some trace elements....

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

Today was pretty good

Shower cleaning - 7/28

Nighttime teethbrushing - 11/28

Do work online training - 6/18

Haul off donations

Clean kitchen table

Clean shower

Clean toilet

Clean sinks

Clean kitchen counters

Mop floor

Courage

-

Gun purchase

New kitchen chairs

Learning first-aid

Nutrition 

2400 Calories. 2298 : 2180

Aikido

Jo. 4/10

Tech Review. 7/16

That feel when you sleep from 8 to 11:30 and have eat an unreasonable amount of chocolate to clear the 2000 calorie mark. SIGH. Cramming down sausage and beans + M&Ms = WAKE UP BOWELS WE'RE ALIVE. Romantic AF, huh? This turn of events meant squeezing the Value out of every minute so I did not stay up longer than I had a choice in the matter. Japanese, Aikido, dinner + post-dinner chocolate-to-the-point-of-disgust, and winding down all smashed down into about an hour. I just did jo work, as I was rapidly losing the will to live. Forgot to spray down the shower. * runs screaming toward the weekend *

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Wow, you were productive for waking up at 11:30. I would just roll over and go back to sleep at that point.

Pain now vs pain delayed. It's always worse when it's delayed because pain hates to wait. I also banked that my 3 hour "nap" would cover for the upset of hours slept vs the gaping hole of missing half the day's calories if left unaddressed lol. 

• Like 1

2/15/2019 - 2/17/2019

giphy.gif

Na na na na hey hey hey goodbye (to Week 2)

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

Um. Well?

Shower cleaning - 9/28

Nighttime teethbrushing - 14/28

Do work online training - 7/18

Haul off donations

Clean kitchen table

Clean shower

Clean toilet

Clean sinks

Clean kitchen counters

Mop floor

Courage

-

Gun purchase

New kitchen chairs

Learning first-aid

Nutrition 

2400 Calories. 2360 : 2744, 2258, 2204

Aikido

Jo. 4/10

Tech Review. 7/16

Friday the main feature of the day was getting my groceries delivered by Instacart. The delivery was free because like any good drug-dealer knows, the first hit is always free. That said, it was better than Shipt's offer of "you're in it for a month or nothing and then you have to cancel timely if the price doesn't fit your budget or something." It was pretty neat to not have to spend that hour getting in, shopping, and getting out past the petty tyrant at the door. The potential cons are the change in available merchandise (my favorite chocolate bar is AWOL and this grocery store doesn't have Cheer laundry detergent??) and the fact that I have to change the way monthly groceries are paid. I know a range of how much on average is spent on groceries, I just need to give it at least a month to see if the numbers add up happy-like.

As a result of not going that extra mile, I had the bandwidth to locate a set of chairs that look like they would do perfectly. Now it's just a matter of $$$. 

Saturday was gym + a rare dinner out. 

Sunday was a 1.5 hour phone argument, discovering really extra grossness at the very underside of the shower door (...how? Just....how is it possible to collect cat hair there?? Plz give me the physics), aaaaand cleaning the bathroom counters. That bathroom is as clean two months in a row as ever, if you ignore the bathtub we rarely use. So all in all a glorious day. I did at least get a nap in, but not quite at the best time because one doesn't budget for a weekend phone fight against when one will feel like eating food, I guess. Well the whole week was mostly garbage, so it almost seems fitting. 

• Like 4

2/18/2019

giphy.gif

Because kitten paws

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

I did my best. Worry was more of a problem than complaining, I think?

Shower cleaning - 10/28

Nighttime teethbrushing - 14/28

Do work online training - 8/18

Haul off donations

Clean kitchen table

Clean shower

Clean toilet

Clean sinks

Clean kitchen counters

Mop floor

Courage

-

Gun purchase

New kitchen chairs

Learning first-aid

Nutrition 

2400 Calories. 2315 : 2315

Aikido

Jo. 4/10

Tech Review. 8/16

Gym was pretty good. The highlight of the session was adopting a wider bench grip for heavy 5s at my 5RM and being able to hit all 5 sets without looking like the end is nigh. Work was one of those middling days where you have some work to do up until the midafternoon and then nothing, leaving you to your own devices. Which means a lot of staring at the clock and being in minor discomfort with nothing to distract me that wouldn't exacerbate the situation. Yeee~ 

Dojo was all the gokyo, which started off great and drifted as I decided the thing to do was grab the punching arm on munetsuki too early, which translates into a flimsy grasp of uke's forearm. Not Control and Dominate material, also can hurt uke on the take-down (nothing says Love You Too like corkscrewing an elbow, yeah?). The hot topic afterward was King Cake and the confusing hype thereof. Apparently the things have to be eaten right-out-of-the-oven fresh or else it's just another slightly stale coffee cake. Well then. This issue of our times put me a little late getting home, but I still managed to get in the bed before midnight. Did not brush my teeth because I wanted to eat things in bed and not get cold like a heathen, so there you go. Worth it that one time.

• Like 4

2/19/2019

giphy.gif

Coming through my notifications like

武士道   (ぶしどう)

Justice/Rectitude 

Today was a good day, mostly commiserating with a coworker about other coworkers--if I am caught complaining about work, you can safely assume these coworkers are involved. We'll call it Unnecessary Frenetics for simplicity.

Shower cleaning - 10/28

Nighttime teethbrushing - 15/28

Do work online training - 9/18

Haul off donations

Clean kitchen table

Clean shower

Clean toilet

Clean sinks

Clean kitchen counters

Mop floor

Courage

Going through the techniques did not fill me with utter terror--progress

Gun purchase

New kitchen chairs

Learning first-aid

Nutrition 

2400 Calories. 2326 : 2336

Aikido

Jo. 5/10

Tech Review. 9/16

The watchphrase of this week is "Well, at least it's better than last week." I felt halfway alive from getting out of bed, which is ideal after staying out late regaling on the complexities of King cake. Work was agonizingly sporadic again, though, punctuated by Unnecessary Frenetics. This was a direct result of other people being under pressure on tasks unrelated to testing, so it hamstrung my ability to do the thing. Sometimes you just have to acknowledge that you are not the priority and wait quietly for the next available free moment. Managed to do this without being a turkey about it. 

Home time was a complete fail--or my subconscious doing its best to bias me in that direction. Inner monologue involved debating the likelihood of me getting up to squat 5s on a snotty rainy morning. Dinner was beef burgundy--or it would have been had I bought carrots like I was supposed to. Well I didn't, so I opted for some suspect frozen chopped spinach. What is the shape of regret? GROSS. Or so I discovered when I finally ate it around 10:20PM (husband had access to it an hour earlier, so at least I've learned how to not starve him to death at the bare minimum * waves tiny pennant *). I had not yet checked in with two of my Japanese apps and had all the techniques to review. Figured out a way to cram chocolate + chocolate protein bar in after all that with 50~ minutes to properly unwind given I had just woken up from the universe's most last minute nap since last Thursday's 11:00 nap. When I was taking my 1.5 hour nap, I had a dream that I didn't wake up remembering, all that remained was that weird disoriented feel of having screwed up, which made organizing priorities an interesting exercise. The things we do to ourselves. Did not spray down the shower because I locked the cat in there for like 10 minutes since she seemed so keen to go in. She was crying away and, having forgotten she was stuck, figured she was just whining for attention on top of the toilet as she so often does. That was pretty funny. No cats were harmed by giving them precisely what they asked for. This clearly means I would never remember to follow up properly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Cats. For srs.

Anyway, I hope it wound up that you got out and squatted 5s!

Yeah, I did. Too windy for life, but it happened. Permanent bone-chill was installed in the process lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kishi said:

Debug w/ "Hot_Coffee.exe" and install "Blanket" firewall after?

(you can tell I don't actually know what I'm doing, but).

This is actually adorable and I wish I had access to a blanket RN. TOMORROW I WORK FROM HOME.

• Haha 1