1 minute ago, shaar said:

MOOD THO'

200.gif

I mean, up until he literally fell out of his chair, I was right there with him. My goal today is to get back to bed.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

10/22/2019

giphy.gif

I Dream Of

Tasks

Clean toilet

Clean bathroom sinks

Crunchyroll Backlog - 2/10

Practice

Crying in the Dojo - 11/20

Lingodeer Time - 12/20

Write 13

Write 15.1

Write or delete 17

Write 24

Write 25 + flashbacks

Behavior

9:00 Dinner - 4/8

Cat grooming - 1/4

Too Many Curses - 3

Today was a sneezy/snotty/sinus headache day. I suffered through it because I'd already ordered lunch delivered to the office, and would have to stop by someplace to get food anyway. I was not kidding about the bit about Tanaka-kun. The only good thing about the day, aside from the fact that it is now in the past, is I found out the most unnecessarily annoying-me human in the building got canned. Do I feel a little bad about that? Not really. If you don't improve within a bit over a year since day of hire and breach security in the dumbest way imaginable I'm struggling to muster anything other than hopefully he finds employment more his speed somewhere soon. Guy's gotta eat. Another guy also got fired to the mystification of us all. Gotta love those Disappeared People, right? Anybody else work for places that just shoot employees out the proverbial airlock without any kind of word? Often people appear just as suddenly? It's great.

I'm still working on Shadow and gotta say I am not really hurting myself to finish it. Partly because he's going a lot of "telling," partly because the writing is "dry," and partly because I have that hideously large Otherland book on deck for next book. Ugh. Sorry, that's all the enthusiasm

• Like 1

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

10/23/2019

giphy.gif

PRIVACY PLZ

Tasks

Clean toilet

Clean bathroom sinks

Crunchyroll Backlog - 2/10

Practice

Crying in the Dojo - 12/20

Lingodeer Time - 13/20

Write 13

Write 15.1

Write or delete 17

Write 24

Write 25 + flashbacks

Behavior

9:00 Dinner - 4/8

Cat grooming - 1/4

Too Many Curses - 4

Hey, a Wednesday. Not too much happened most of the day. I just did squats to try to avoid hacking off my neck. At the dojo we did free training, between that and technique review at home I had every non-weapons technique in my head at once--a first for this belt. There's a lot to remember. I realize I have one that really, really needs review because my knowledge of it is largely theoretically. 

I decided to stop reading Shadow when I realized I didn't care about any of the characters almost halfway in. I didn't stay up as late as normal due to the tireds, so I didn't budget time to watch any anime. I did forget to mention I watched the first episode of Our Home's Fox Deity. If you can't guess exactly what that's about, welcome to anime. Amusingly, said fox deity was housed in a rock like the world's largest, oldest Kinder Surprise Egg. That first episode just enacted the summary, so it's going to need one more episode to decide how I feel about it.

• Like 1

10/24/2019

giphy.gif

The Neverending Story

Tasks

Clean toilet

Clean bathroom sinks

Crunchyroll Backlog - 7/10

Practice

Crying in the Dojo - 13/20

Lingodeer Time - 14/20

Write 13

Write 15.1

Write or delete 17

Write 24

Write 25 + flashbacks

Behavior

9:00 Dinner - 5/8

Cat grooming - 1/4

Too Many Curses - 4

Um. Well. H A P P Y H E A D A C H E D A Y to me. Slept a lot. Made burrito bowl because it was easy. Ran through a lot of the anime needing to be reviewed, an easy accomplishment because most of them only survived a few minutes. Laid-back Camp and Tsuritama both are moving on to episode 2s. The former is Cute Girls do Camping and the latter is an all-male The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya plus fishing (no really,  I defy anyone to come up with a better summary). Only without Haruhi, which is a major improvement to any show. 

No iaito, was feeling bloated and sad and the last thing anybody wants to do in that circumstance is to have anything to do with a belt.

• Like 1

10/25/2019 - 10/27/2019

giphy.gif

Nagging Traps

Tasks

Clean toilet

Clean bathroom sinks

Crunchyroll Backlog - 9/10

Practice

Crying in the Dojo - 14/20

Lingodeer Time - 15/20

Write 13

Write 15.1

Write or delete 17

Write 24

Write 25 + flashbacks

Behavior

Cat grooming - 2/4

Too Many Curses - 8

Not too shabby a bit of progress was made this weekend. The biggest challenge will be remembering it all.

Friday - did a lot of OHP doubles, probably not my wisest move (big ol' headache on Saturday morning...), read a good bit on The Walled OrchardForgot my keycard at home, which is where three of the curses came from. It was rainy all Friday, so the extra hurdle was Not Appreciated. Watched some anime?

Saturday - nursed a headache for a while, along with the normal Saturday morning sniffles. Decided a little bit of hair-of-the-dog style therapy was in order, so I did some squats. This did NOT produce headaches from Saturday night - Monday morning, so I call that a success. Idea is to get some blood flow in the affected area, but not enough work to piss off anything. Then I did some iaido kata practice with the old PVC pipe, as sneaking an iaito into the Y is not my idea of a good time. Left the gym early, watched some more anime, decided Orchard is one of those books I can only approach in small doses. Despite it being a Tom Holt book, it feels like he should have published this sucker under KJ Parker, because while it has many funny moments the entire atmosphere is very dark. Or it could be the cranky neck talking, I thought, so I switched to a Pratchett novel--Interesting Times--to test this theory. I think the former is the case, Pratchett is entertaining me as he always does. I am detecting a slowing of the intensity to apply all free time to reading, which is good/healthy I am given to understand. Oh and I spend a couple hours puttering around on Greek, Korean, Chinese, and Japanese language learning. As you do on a Saturday night. All of the former-most made me miss Japanese practice something fierce, the worse offenders being Greek and Korean. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate exposure to some of the sounds for the purposes of comparison, but there is nothing smooth about my rate of progression with the Greek alphabet. Woof. WOOF. Anyway, it was a fun whim I entertained. I wrote down some things that have been in my head for a long time, but never got around to committing to digital format. Brushed the cats. Absolutely no reading was actually accomplished on Saturday, the first since mid-June? Looks like I traded a lot of progress on one thing for progress on a bunch of things.

Sunday - cleaned the toilet and slept. Read on Interesting Times. iTunes prowling and more anime were watched and knocked off the queue. Trying out this whole Be Honest With Myself thing for anime--it's not just for books anymore. At this point I'm not super worried about scrutinizing my list heavily and just deciding what sort of expectations I should actually have, because I'm juggling a lot of flaming chainsaws if you didn't notice.

On food: I''m trying to decide if I'm bloated or just holding onto fat lately. I'm choosing to blame the excessive amount of protein bars consumed in a given week, probiotics could be out of balance, calorie goals may no longer be working for me. WHO KNOWS. I need to scrutinize this. I've got a tentative plan forming to deal with the surplus protein bars situation. It involves not eating them. I know, bold steps.

• Like 1

10/28/2019

giphy.gif

Another round with an old friend

Tasks

Clean bathroom sinks

Practice

Crying in the Dojo - 15/20

Lingodeer Time - 16/20

Write or delete 17

Write 24

Write 25 + flashbacks

Behavior

Cat grooming - 2/4

Too Many Curses - 8

I did another tentative gym day, only bench for a mere two work sets, but I squeaked out another .5lb 3RM PR of 104.5, so. And I'm filling the rest of the time with kata practice. Here's hoping I can find the space to do that for a few days (I don't usually hang out in the stretching area, where the mats are....no idea how crowded it's capable of being in the AM). Swapped out my morning protein bar for a packet of rice. I had one in the evening, but that was on purpose. Dojo time was all about handachi waza, shihonage and kotegaeshi this time. I requested Sensei program my weak link technique for Wednesday, because if it's mine with my attendance, it's probably somebody else's, too--we haven't worked it a lot, to my knowledge at least. 

Oh BTW, Shark Week is here. It decided to be on schedule, so that means I never saw it coming. Amazing timing given I'm trying to work out the odds of a dietary issue this week. HA. 

10/29/2019

giphy.gif

Security footage of me leaving the office

Tasks

Clean bathroom sinks

Practice

Crying in the Dojo - 16/20

Lingodeer Time - 17/20

Write or delete 17

Write 24

Write 25 + flashbacks

Behavior

9:00 Dinner - 6/8

Cat grooming - 2/4

Too Many Curses - 9

Finished a large testing project despite a rather major headache. Was immediately thereafter told according to some mysterious "they," it was rendered worthless because "they" were going to deploy a patch that "they" deemed necessary to do a full retest of the entire site. I told the messenger to tell "them" that "they" can go to Hell. +1 curse and not sorry. We're going to have to perform this action two more times at minimum, and an unqualified "retest this in full plz" is not acceptable. 

So that was how my day was. I did not want to eat, much less cook dinner.

I'm not sure if I've managed to exacerbate an existing issue with my neck/head or if it's Shark Week, but this morning I was debating the extent to which I'd back off volume on squats to see to what extent I can actually train around the issue. I'd woken up around the typical time to get up if everything were A-OK and resolved to determine whether I'd go by how I felt "in a few minutes", set an alarm for rest day wake-up time in case I fell back asleep. Well I did fall back asleep for a little while and gave myself a nightmare that I decided confidently to sleep in, ended up going to the grocery store at 6AM for some reason and was panicking in the store because I had a package of fish in my cart and the dream-plan had been to hit the gym soon but the fish. The fish cannot sit in the car, you see. Then I woke up. Guess who got up at 6:10AM and went to the gym.

"So...how do you stay motivated?"

Well. You see. If I don't, I'll have to deal with the fish.

It's official. My subconsciousness is a flaming jackass. It also cannot plan anything worth a darn??

• Like 1

10/30/2019

giphy.gif

Current Status

Tasks

Clean bathroom sinks

Practice

Crying in the Dojo - 17/20

Lingodeer Time - 18/20

Write or delete 17

Write 24

Write 25 + flashbacks

Behavior

9:00 Dinner - 6/8

Cat grooming - 2/4

Too Many Curses - 11

+2 curses recounting the "status" of the "project" we are currently not working on. 

As mentioned above, did the gym. Morning 2.5lb 3RM PR of 190lbs on squat achieved. Survived work, where it rained all day so going out wasn't attractive. Did not feel amazing. At the dojo, I requested ushiro kokyunage because wow no confidence in sight for this technique. Still not amazingly confident, but I actually executed all four parts to some degree. As I drove home, realized that since Thursday is Halloween, I won't have to cook. Neato.

10/31/2019

giphy.gif

Basically

Tasks

Clean bathroom sinks

Practice

Crying in the Dojo - 17/20

Lingodeer Time - 19/20

Write or delete 17

Write 24

Write 25 + flashbacks

Behavior

9:00 Dinner - 7/8

Cat grooming - 2/4

Too Many Curses - 11

Um. Well. I didn't feel like I was going to die at any point (due to headache, that is) this day. Halloween procedure is thus: scream down the highway to home, get a shower, turn all unnecessary lights off, cook dinner, get in bed. Lights-off at 9. Because it was cold, I was tired, and it seemed like the thing to do. Husband was a Swamp-thing and scared all the children and adults at his brother's house. So he had a good time and his costume may have kept him from getting sick. We'll see.

Did I mention it was cold? It fell from 60s to 40s over the course of the day. We're all going to die from global cooling.

11/1/2019 - 11/3/2019

giphy.gif

Goodbye October

Tasks

Clean bathroom sinks

Practice

Crying in the Dojo - 18/20

Lingodeer Time - 20/20

Write or delete 17

Write 24

Write 25 + flashbacks

Behavior

9:00 Dinner - 7/8

Cat grooming - 3/4

Too Many Curses - 12

Suddenly Fall. Like, get in the bed with fuzzy pants and stir therefrom as little as possible Fall. Things I did over the weekend in no particular order:

I finished two books, Interesting Times and The History of the Ancient World (Susan Wise Bauer)

Ordered the follow-up volumes to the latter

Decided Overland isn't interesting enough for me to be engulfed in a 1000 page book. I have 6 unread books left, not counting the books in transit

Found out Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress is streaming on Crunchyroll and watched a bunch of Cells at Work instead of verifying that last show

Did a good bit more Japanese practice than strictly required

Changed bedsheets + put on extra layer for Winter--almost began pulling things down to sort through but upon realizing how bad the office was, I cut my losses and left that for another day

Cleaned up the gross, gross office floor and put away a few read books that'd managed to sit around

Followed up on some music I'd earmarked to check out, like essentially none of it lol

Squatted 195lbs for 4 sets and didn't feel awful the same day. I'm not feeling very good as of writing this, so it could be a consequence of that, but I'd say it's progress to have it resemble DOMS more than BROKEN

Swapped my breakfast protein bar with rice over the course of the last week and I am down 2~lbs as a result. This isn't just Shark Week (which was notably regular this time unlike most times), it's across the board since I've been trending slowly up for months. It's all fine and good to weigh more, I can just tell by how it lays that there was something wrong with what I was eating

Also I still slept quite a lot. Sleep is amazing and I miss it so much.

• Like 1

November 2019 Goals

giphy.gif

Note the lack of Natural Flavors

Wow October has been a trip. Mistakes were made with exercise selection on Week 3 and that set back my recovery for the "neck thing" that's been going on about a month now. I think I have a handle on that now, it's just a matter of Time. From 16 books to 6 books, the pressure to read constantly is fading, which is Good. I have numerous competing priorities and books have to give some ground eventually. One does not simply do All the Things simultaneously....not for long, anyhow. I am very, very proud of putting my nose to the grindstone on writing and getting some things I've been ignoring written down. My weight/emissions hadn't really budged until I changed up my breakfast, average calories are a little less (~50 calories), but one week is insufficient to know for sure. More Time needed. It's Fall now, the weather has definitely taken a turn but is still being its usual schizoid self until the first of the new year, aka Real Winter. In the meantime, it's any man's guess what clothing will be required on a day-to-day basis!

Tasks

Things to Do that Make Me Feel Less Like I'm Living In a Dump:

Clean kitchen counters

Search and Destroy Floor Stains

Evict Excess cardboard boxes

It's that time again:

Take down clothes from closet

The Great Fall 2019 Try-On

Create Winter Work Wardrobe 

Donate What Doesn't Fit

Practice

Do you remember that time when I was wanting to get more iaido practice? Well I've sort of done that except for the part where I actually lay hands on the sword. There are acceptable and unacceptable reasons for this, the former being addressed by another goal--if you're bloated, the last thing you can tolerate is a belt tight enough to support a sword. Fact. Now that this is acknowledged, it needs to fixed. The idea of just "not having time" for it is BS. Kay? Kay. Accountability Time, because a test is going to eventually have to happen.

Iaido - 0/4

Jo + Bokken - 0/4

Technique review - 0/8

The game plan for Japanese practice is to give it some more structure for daily practice. Drops practice is fine. DuoLingo needs to be an actual lesson, not the review. LingoDeer needs to be at least one category of lessons per week and a review of it over the weekend. This isn't really that much of a change from what I'm already doing, I just want to see if it helps me absorb the material better the first go 'round. 

DuoLingo - 0/28

LingoDeer Lessons - 0/4

LingoDeer Review - 0/4

Outline things! Write them maybe!

Write or delete 17

Write 24

Write 25 + flashbacks

Nutrition

The triumphant return of nutrition goals! WHUT. What better time to try to analyze diet than November, am I right?

My goals: Stable weight and no bloating.

I'm logging weight, but I'm not displaying here on the daily because nobody cares. It's been in the 120 - 123lb range over October, which sounds idiotic to fool with--and it is. The reason it is vacillating in that range is water retention and gas, that is why I care. I am eating something dumb, and it needs to stop. To achieve these goals, I am adjusting my probiotics (swapping a few days' morning kombucha for regular tea and maintaining 'kraut life) and scrutinizing the processed foods I'm allowing on the menu. Other than the fact I've drastically reduced my protein bars and am swapping fermented tea for tea, I just want to log things right here. Nothing is sacred if my body says it doesn't like me eating (as much of) it.

"Natural Flavors" List

Debriefs:

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

• Like 1

11/4/2019

giphy.gif

Planning could have been better

Tasks

Clean kitchen counters

Donate What Doesn't Fit

Practice

Iaido - 0/4

Jo + Bokken - 0/4

Technique review - 1/8

DuoLingo - 1/28

LingoDeer Lessons - 0/4

LingoDeer Review - 0/4

Write or delete 17

Write 24

Write 25 + flashbacks

Nutrition

Monday: Teavana Youthberry tea, Clif Builder protein bar

The most glorious of Mondays. DOMS involving the neck kept me in bed and out of the gym. I also had regular DOMS from the unpredictable volume I've been able to achieve due to the neck issue. I came within a whisker of not doing Aikido either, but I dragged my carcass there and made the best of it. Based on how I feel writing this, not sure if not going to the gym was the best call, because I am still stiff/sore and normally that stuff only lasts the better part of a day at most. Oh well, too late now.

I reviewed the videos of all the techniques to make sure I still can hold them all in my head. I can. I just need to work on identifying the names of each of them, because that struggle is real right now. 

This week's LingoDeer category is "Coordinate", which is to say using "and" to combine multiple nouns and adjectives. It has...not been the easiest so far, but there are four parts so hopefully it will sink in.

You know who didn't think of the ingredients list on a tea blend would be suspicious? Me. Oh well. It's got fruit for days, too, so I'm kind of shocked there was no Apocalypse over my drinking it. Digestion-wise, it was a good day.

17 hours ago, Mistr said:

Nice goals for November. Yay for squat progress!

Apparently we can't have nice things.

11/5/2019

giphy.gif 

Srs Fooding

Tasks

Clean kitchen counters

Donate What Doesn't Fit

Practice

Iaido - 0/4

Jo + Bokken - 1/4

Technique review - 1/8

DuoLingo - 2/28

LingoDeer Lessons - 0/4

LingoDeer Review - 0/4

Write or delete 17

Write 24

Write 25 + flashbacks

Nutrition

Tuesday: NONE (technically. my kombucha had "organic flavors" in it, whatever the mess that is)

I am convinced that this "rest until you feel less sore" thing is a sack of poo. I haven't lifted since Saturday yet I had neck and leg DOMS well into the afternoon. Thanks for being a team player, body. My not going to the gym on Monday was a huge error egged on by DST, I suspect though loathe to give DST the power to assume blame for poor decisions. I'll clean up this mess somehow, but it'll take a minute and I'll make some noise about it first. It's a coping mechanism.

11/6/2019 + 11/7/2019

giphy.gif

Making a big production of it

Tasks

Clean kitchen counters

Donate What Doesn't Fit

Practice

Iaido - 1/4

Jo + Bokken - 1/4

Technique review - 2/8

DuoLingo - 4/28

LingoDeer Lessons - 0/4

LingoDeer Review - 0/4

Write or delete 17

Write 24

Write 25 + flashbacks

Nutrition

Tuesday: NONE (technically. my kombucha had "organic flavors" in it, whatever the mess that is)

Wednesday: Clif Builder Protein Bar (kombucha "organic" flavors")

Thursday: Sprouts Butcher Shop hickory-smoked bacon

Wednesday I uke'd for a fellow purple belt for two reasons: 1 - she was obviously insecure, 2 - testing how rigorous the test might be for myself. It really wasn't that bad, of course being uke the pressure is rather low, but still. I left the dojo having secured the commitment of my partner and Sensei to have us ramp up practice to test before the year is over (yes there is one last testing opportunity). Also I was able to repeat every technique with a minimum amount of head-scratching over the names (so many kokyunages...so little time). I suspect I could have tested this night, but it would have been a muddle-along and not the display of prowess the test is supposed to be. It's like playing RPGs, testing. Some people like to polish away ("grind") until it's just hilarious, some like to see how few classes they can attend and squeak by. Or maybe they really do think they've prepared enough and then test day arrives and it's a different story. Shrug. We are all comically different. 

Thursday I worked from home, and by worked I mean struggled with technology. My work laptop's trackpad decided to phone it in, so I had to use the trackball nub thing, which was a joy and a privilege, let me say. Then a mandatory password reset deep-sixed my access to team messaging in the afternoon, because for some reason the credential reset didn't "take" across the board. Struggle-bused that situation for two hours. Not sure if it was the tea or quinoa at breakfast, but had a little digestive hiccup before lunch.

Discovered C-pop and it is the global capital of sad/slow songs. Lots of pretty voices, but you have to dig to find upbeat material. All the "must-listens" Google serves up are depressing. Pretty, but depressing. Signed up to Spotify finally to research artists that way. So now I'm hunting all the Asian pop music, getting all Cultured up in here. 

Also what is money. I bought three more books, a pair of FMFM leggings, and now I have a very, very long list of songs I want....no sign of slowing down so far. Re: books, you haven't heard much from me on the book front because...well, because I've run into two sad books that I don't know what to do with? They are quality stories, The Walled Orchard (Tom Holt) and Arafel's Saga (Cherryh), it's not like they're trash. It would be easy if they were. I have the latest history book (Medieval History) for the gym and these two conundrums in my nightstand. One or both of them are going back on the shelf for now, probably. 

Did iaido practice. Whee. 

• Like 1

I have Spotify through Elf's account (family plan). I like it much better than Pandora. It does a pretty decent job of suggesting tunes and artists you might like based on your listening habits. Plus it is smart enough to make different playlists. It is not boggled that I listen to strictly instrumental music at work, hard rock when I'm cleaning, and EDM when I'm working on projects. It even got the message to keep the Celtic fiddle music separate from the acoustic guitar. Elf uses my tablet for music in the living room, which has broadened the music selection. I appreciate that a LOT. There are a lot of songs from the 70s that I never need to hear again.

• Like 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

2 hours ago, Mistr said:

I have Spotify through Elf's account (family plan). I like it much better than Pandora. It does a pretty decent job of suggesting tunes and artists you might like based on your listening habits. Plus it is smart enough to make different playlists. It is not boggled that I listen to strictly instrumental music at work, hard rock when I'm cleaning, and EDM when I'm working on projects. It even got the message to keep the Celtic fiddle music separate from the acoustic guitar. Elf uses my tablet for music in the living room, which has broadened the music selection. I appreciate that a LOT. There are a lot of songs from the 70s that I never need to hear again.

Just signed up for the free version, I haven't even tried to play with it at this point! I just found a few curated playlists that other people made (they are roughly 5 miles long each....) and that's been nearly wild enough. The very idea of having music genre tags that actually work is magical when what you like is super mega obscure vs the rest of the country apparently. I still like owning my music and it not playing at random. In fact, I am very adamant about the not random part, it's half of why I don't listen to the radio and don't understand people who are upset at what is playing on the radio when there's a perfectly good aux port or off button right there.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

11/8/2019 - 11/10/2019

giphy.gif

Well this has been a Week

Tasks

Clean kitchen counters

Donate What Doesn't Fit

Practice

Iaido - 1/4

Jo + Bokken - 1/4

Technique review - 2/8

DuoLingo - 7/28

LingoDeer Lessons - 1/4

LingoDeer Review - 1/4

Write or delete 17

Write 24

Write 25 + flashbacks

Nutrition

Monday: Teavana Youthberry tea, Clif protein bar

Wednesday: Clif Protein Bar ("organic" flavors")

Thursday: Sprouts Butcher Shop hickory-smoked bacon

Friday: Clif protein bar, Teavana tea, Buchi kombucha

Saturday: Clif protein bar, Panda Express*

Sunday: Clif protein bar, Metro diner*

* I assume away all knowledge of what's in food I eat out, all macros for those meals are a guess

You might say I haven't reduced my protein bar consumption to look at this list, but oh my friend the sad thing is I have cut it nearly in half. In an unrelated note, this weekend I dropped to 119.9lbs and emissions are at an all-time low while digestion seems to be more or less coasting along, so you might say something I have done is correct. Cue my scavenging around for some kind of variety for my breakfasts, as I am very fond of getting stuck on at most two things until they become a source of problems. Somehow this is a difficult trap to avoid.

Friday was a busy day, not at work but another 2-a-day since Iaido was in the evening and it was The Coldness. Felt competent to give other white belts the general idea of the five kata we're responsible for, but sempai sorta took charge so that effort was touch-and-go at best since he was part-ways leading us all and part-ways mentoring his wife. I did my very first shinken cutting, and turns out cutting pool noodles is hard to do. It gave me a headache and made me kind of cranky by the time we bowed out. Oof, the neck pain was real and I only noticed that was the problem on the drive home. You know how it is. 

I worried it would hurt Saturday performance, and for the most part it didn't. Squats gained a 1.5lb 5RM PR of 180. Didn't implode. Did all the Japanese review. Conjunctioning--just "and" really so far--is going to take some time to "take," it is not straightforward. 

Sunday I pulled down the ten million mountains of clothes from the closet, half of which nearly came down on my head. Brushed the cats even though I took it off the goals list--a miracle. Made chicken noodle soup, bought some new music, had a panic attack because iTunes decided since this was a new computer as far as it is concerned and I had not authorized the machine, I wasn't entitled to have the last batch of music I'd bought? At 11PM on a Sunday night? Why? Resolved that, had to stay up a bit later to calm down. Black Dog (K.V. Johansen) is enjoyable thus far. 

Too bad that your breakfasts are not agreeing with you. It sounds like your GI tract likes more variety than your normal routine supports. No fun, that.

Good for you on getting to the level of cutting pool noodles. They don't show that in the videos.

I have heard other negative reports on how iTunes handles permissions. So far I have resisted replacing my music with electronic files. Over time I'm sure it would be cheaper to buy music rather than paying for a subscription. The problem is that I want to hear new music too, and that is a service Spotify is good at.

• Like 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

11/11/2019

giphy.gif

Me vs Weather

Tasks

Clean kitchen counters

Donate What Doesn't Fit

Practice

Iaido - 1/4

Jo + Bokken - 1/4

Technique review - 3/8

DuoLingo - 8/28

LingoDeer Lessons - 1/4

LingoDeer Review - 1/4

Write or delete 17

Write 24

Write 25 + flashbacks

Nutrition

Monday: Clif protein bar, *

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

* I assume away all knowledge of what's in food I eat out, all macros for those meals are a guess

An underwhelming gym day turned into an underwhelming work day turned into an underwhelming dojo day. The End.

Okay so one of the black belts got excited on taking me down, did something fancy I wasn't expecting, and hyperextended my left arm. I think it ended up destroying him more than me, but it wasn't because of anything I said or did for lack of assurance that I was not deceased. You know how it is. Sensei got ice on it and it was okay. It's reminding me of the offense this morning. I was good and turned out the light just before 11:30, I think. Wasn't looking at the clock, so that's an estimate, but being to ease my way to lights-out at 11:10 is worth a mention. 

16 hours ago, Mistr said:

Too bad that your breakfasts are not agreeing with you. It sounds like your GI tract likes more variety than your normal routine supports. No fun, that.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I'm trying to preempt that problem by switching stuff up a little. Technically the protein bars aren't causing devastating consequences, just some gas and water retention, which in the face of chocolate and 20g protein seems like NBD. Until you get really sick of looking waterlogged, so here we are.

Good for you on getting to the level of cutting pool noodles. They don't show that in the videos.

I messed my pool noodle up, too. He lost his head (?). Otherwise just nicks and gashes. You would also think it not a strenuous endeavor to lop at foam, which would be incorrect. Also now I'm on pool noodle watch in stores?

I have heard other negative reports on how iTunes handles permissions. So far I have resisted replacing my music with electronic files. Over time I'm sure it would be cheaper to buy music rather than paying for a subscription. The problem is that I want to hear new music too, and that is a service Spotify is good at.

It would have been fine had I authorized my machine first, but it's bizarre how it only chose the last purchase to beef with? Why? I just redownloaded them, after some flailing around because it was 11 and I was past thinking (it wasn't a problem with me owning the songs, as I bought them from iTunes and whatnot, so much as them being on the iPod?? Why is a mystery.). All your singles are belong to me.