Aikido

Obtain techniques CD

Practice: 2/8

Cleaning

Bathroom - 2

Bedroom - 2

Living Room - 3

Kitchen - 1

dV8CuXPPY01TPeGd-Q98Rx9zORVlYSIeVwIZG70Ki-0Aa_BEI7TH6ZEI15iGH8vJH034TElhvctfPxySunNFis_JBJxP0nwC3A-Xc-3HxTC3TPUt04VmNl__xaPGpB_kPlyTxXw_

Tuesday I spent most of the day on the cusp of headache-land. Reviewed gokyo and ushiro hijitori kotegaeshi. Then got home and Mike got a letter saying Medicaid was terminating his dad's claim come May 1st because paperwork wasn't filled out (we didn't get any notice of paperwork, likely because of his sister having her name on the stuff because she was in charge...until lately it's de facto become his problem). That might have resulted in a micro-meltdown (that turned out to be totally unnecessary,  BTW, as predicted. Spoiler: all they needed was his name and address so they could send him stuff directly. It's now his problem de jure) I'm hoping he will develop Medicaid immunity soon, because no matter what it is, the answer is paperwork. So that was a day. But wait, there's more. Apparently enchilada sauce has gluten in it? And my body was thoroughly confused by it. Tuesday night was normal.

Wednesday started off great because see above needing to get resolved. Did a lot of volume, sucked a lot, but that is the nature of volume sets. Anarchy reigned in the morning, but in afternoon the Union was back. The hilarious thing is dinner and lunch were the same thing and all I had between the night before and the morning was preworkout.

Did work things, tried not to get a headache, mostly succeeded. In the process decided this week is going to involve another work from home Thursday. Aikido was jo kata I for the first time. One long case of what do I do with my hands and Spot the Pattern. 22 step kata, I hope I can get to step 11 on my own....

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

1 minute ago, Urgan said:

I'm hoping he will develop Medicaid immunity soon, because no matter what it is, the answer is paperwork.

Can confirm the infallible truth in this statement.

Altho' sometimes it's sitting on hold for 40 minutes at a time!!!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

16 hours ago, ixaera said:

Best PR on the books imvho

oh DEAR

4 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

WUT

4 hours ago, shaar said:

I.  

I.

4d4a5fa73734ae3aac996b3a487ee296.gif

2 hours ago, Kishi said:

somebody missed the memo

I had a feeling you guys would appreciate the irony. But now I get it, see the company is holding a recycling challenge (a departmental contest, the winner probably gets a $25 Walmart gift card or pizza or some shit) and this must have been a gift to get them started. I just got an email saying they're moving the deadline for the challenge up because they lacked the foresight to plan to wrap this circus up BEFORE an important client audit happens next week.

5 minutes ago, shaar said:

Can confirm the infallible truth in this statement.

Altho' sometimes it's sitting on hold for 40 minutes at a time!!!!!

giphy.gif

I've only had indirect dealings with them, but it has become apparent that the beast requires sacrifices in the form of thin sheets of paper. 

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

3 minutes ago, Kishi said:

One of our warcries in the bureaucracy is "PAPER! PAPER FOR THE PAPER GOD!"

It would not shock me to learn there is a quota.

• Haha 1

4/26/2018

giphy.gif

It me

Food

No gluten: 14*******/28

Fiber: 16 / 16

Days Since Last Incident: 1

* = days I visited Panda Express

Aikido

Obtain techniques CD

Practice: 2/8

Cleaning

Bathroom - 2

Bedroom - 2

Living Room - 4

Kitchen - 1

WORK FROM HOME THURSDAY WOO. Drank a whole bottle of kombucha, didn't die. Did make it harder to eat lunch because it made me Normal Person Full. Ate it anyway, because it's what I do. Rewrote the bits of outline that I deemed stupid. Did not have to cook dinner because I obtained leftovers from my parents AND FORGOT TO PUT THE GROUND CHICKEN IN THE FREEZER, I JUST REMEMBERED, JEEBUS. I cannot do anything right, y'all. Aikido practice is freakin' happening this weekend even if I break a limb, damnit. If I don't work with my jo, I will forget everything and look like a dumbass in the dojo.

• Like 2

4/27/2018 - 4/29/2018

giphy.gif

Gains be like

Food

No gluten: 16*******/28

Fiber: 15 / 18, 9, 12

Days Since Last Incident: 4

* = days I visited Panda Express

Aikido

Obtain techniques CD

Practice: 3/8

Cleaning

Bathroom - 3

Threw out old shampoo bottles because no I'm not going to use them up

Bedroom - 5

Rolled bedspread for cat hair

Put up heavy winter coat

Threw out package wrapping

Living Room - 6

Rolled couch for cat hair

Cleaned out purse

Kitchen - 3

Threw out some junk sitting on the kitchen table

Did the dishes for once

I could not tell you when I did all of these chores exactly, so I won't bother--they happened sometime, at least.

Friday

OHP

45         2x5

55         5

60         5

70         2

67         3x5--5RM PR + .5!!

Bench

45         5

60         5

70         5

80         5

88         2

80         5x5

Lifted stuff, half-ish day of work, went home and napped. Got groceries and dinner, which were gluten-free cheese raviolis. I don't think they are exactly digestively optimal (some kind of cheese in these multi-cheese raviolis must be Disapproved Of), but I have managed to go four whole days without Anarchy striking, so I will take it. Got a jump on my laundry duties here.

Saturday

Squat

45           5

115         5

140         3

150         1

170         2

165         5x5--5RM PR + 1!!

Deadlift

135         5

150         5

170         5

200         5

205         2x5--5RM PR + 12!!

188         5

So I may be definitely am a masochist. Also dad was late meeting me at the gym (or I was ridiculously early...the world may never know), so I got to 4x5 on a squat 5RM PR before he arrived and figured why not go for symmetry. Or something. And then deadlifts were all like "hold my beer while I hit another double digit rep PR." 'Kay. 

Sunday

What do you even do with your life on days when you don't lift? Well I didn't have to worry about laundry too much, that is for sure. Or dinner. My husband brought home foosackly's from his car show road trip to the coast (Gulf Coast I love you, but you give me a headache as a parting gift every dang time)--haven't counted but pretty sure it was a 20 piece chicken finger deal he got. Ate 7 of them, haven't died yet (still true as of consuming preworkout--color me surprised). I seriously doubt it is gluten-free but this is one of those YOLO deals--I once ordered from them on the weekly but now it's once every blue moon. Sadness. They were a little bit salty to be pleasant, double sadness. I really, really wish I knew whether they were adding salt or I am becoming hyper-sensitive to fast food. Maybe both. 

• Like 4

On 4/27/2018 at 12:43 PM, Kishi said:

Managed to catch yourself rightly, tho. We saw it. That's gotta count for something.

I did the thing. I adult.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Rolled bedspread for cat hair

Rolled couch for cat hair

Oh my god this never ends, does it.  Ever.  Ever ever.  I feel like I'm doing this every weekend now that we're trying to keep the house in top shape and MY GOD WHERE DOES IT ALL COME FROM SEND HELP

• Haha 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

4 hours ago, Urgan said:

Sunday

What do you even do with your life on days when you don't lift? Well I didn't have to worry about laundry too much, that is for sure. Or dinner. My husband brought home foosackly's from his car show road trip to the coast (Gulf Coast I love you, but you give me a headache as a parting gift every dang time)--haven't counted but pretty sure it was a 20 piece chicken finger deal he got. Ate 7 of them, haven't died yet (still true as of consuming preworkout--color me surprised). I seriously doubt it is gluten-free but this is one of those YOLO deals--I once ordered from them on the weekly but now it's once every blue moon. Sadness. They were a little bit salty to be pleasant, double sadness. I really, really wish I knew whether they were adding salt or I am becoming hyper-sensitive to fast food. Maybe both.

Oh girl so lemme tell you. We have lots of Cook Out fast food places around Raleigh, including one right near where I went to college and lived for a number of years. I used to love that stuff. But these days? It's still super popular, and if the line is long enough, I'm just not excited enough about it to sit and wait.

I mean, sometimes I just need some salty savory goodness, but it's still kind of sad to see that I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Oh girl so lemme tell you. We have lots of Cook Out fast food places around Raleigh, including one right near where I went to college and lived for a number of years. I used to love that stuff. But these days? It's still super popular, and if the line is long enough, I'm just not excited enough about it to sit and wait.

I mean, sometimes I just need some salty savory goodness, but it's still kind of sad to see that I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

That feel. I try to look at my gluten/dairy situation as a blessing, but sometimes you just want some dang chicken, you dig? AND IT'S SO SALTY. OMG. Like somebody took one of those thumbnail-sized packets of salt and dumped it all on a single chicken tender. Lather, rinse, repeat. A Zaxby's closed on the busiest highway in town, if that says anything (also, to be fair, there are two of them about 3 miles apart....). 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Urgan said:

A Zaxby's closed on the busiest highway in town, if that says anything (also, to be fair, there are two of them about 3 miles apart....). 

Unnnnnnh, I miss Zaxby's. I dunno if I just didn't have them enough to develop a dislike of salty/fried food, but dang.

Now, speaking of that, I can taste how salty Chipotle is now compared to my cooking, and I can see why MFP freaks out about my sodium intake when I go to eat there and plug in for the macros. :D

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Kishi said:

Unnnnnnh, I miss Zaxby's. I dunno if I just didn't have them enough to develop a dislike of salty/fried food, but dang.

Now, speaking of that, I can taste how salty Chipotle is now compared to my cooking, and I can see why MFP freaks out about my sodium intake when I go to eat there and plug in for the macros. :D

In my experience, it's been a thing that's built up slowly from not having a problem eating Zaxby's, to having a problem with them, to literally having to choke down the food because #macros and #cupboardsarebare to having a problem with Chick-fil-a chicken (I can still eat their fries...true of Zaxby's as well). Now eating it is about as subtle as

giphy.gif

I don't know how they sneak the salt in on the foods that don't taste overwhelmingly salty, but they do.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Leaves me feeling like

giphy.gif

...and my subconscious, which knew the truth of the matter all along, is like WHY YOU DO THIS TO YOURSELF? AGAIN??

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats on the PRs!

Sounds like your food adventures continue, although spacing out the exciting bits is good sign.

4 hours ago, shaar said:

Oh my god this never ends, does it.  Ever.  Ever ever.  I feel like I'm doing this every weekend now that we're trying to keep the house in top shape and MY GOD WHERE DOES IT ALL COME FROM SEND HELP

Yes. ^^^^^^^^^This.

I vacuumed our upstairs on Friday after work. We got a new vacuum that lets you see how much dirt you've picked up. I did the family room and had to empty it. Then I did the living room and that filled it up again. I showed it to Elf (my 21-year old) and they were properly horrified. They protested that they just vacuumed the living room two weeks ago. Yep. Two cats who spend all their spare time shedding.

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

12 minutes ago, Mistr said:

Congrats on the PRs!

Sounds like your food adventures continue, although spacing out the exciting bits is good sign.

Thanks~ Yeah, the food adventures may never end, but I think I am learning a thing or two.

12 minutes ago, Mistr said:

I vacuumed our upstairs on Friday after work. We got a new vacuum that lets you see how much dirt you've picked up. I did the family room and had to empty it. Then I did the living room and that filled it up again. I showed it to Elf (my 21-year old) and they were properly horrified. They protested that they just vacuumed the living room two weeks ago. Yep. Two cats who spend all their spare time shedding.

Give it a few months and turn the vacuum upside down such that the bristles are visible. That's a good time right there.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Urgan said:

Sunday

What do you even do with your life on days when you don't lift?

Ponder what my life would be like if I had this much free time all the time. Home by 5:00? What is this nonsense? And then proceed to do nothing at all with the extra free time.

• Haha 2

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

May 2018 Goals

giphy.gif

Input > Output

So far Shark Week is behaving in a predictable pattern. I know this because I have structured my lifting program around this fact. It gets Real in the middle of the week now instead of the beginning, but I'm not going to kvetch about details like that. Three weeks of April I had a headache of some strength most every day--a typical example being pain that gradually increases to a fever pitch in the late afternoon. During that time I struggled with Anarchy and work load being nonexistent, both of which I suspect played into the headaches, with the finishing blow being struck by obtaining contact lenses that don't eat my eyeballs.

My energy levels are up--a month ago this week I do not think I did as well during Intensity Week as I might have because of it (I presumed this to be the First Sign of Shark Week. Actual Shark Week was less fatiguing than the week before it, you dig?). Despite this, I did very well in the gym in April--every week featured PRs, some of them pretty surprisingly large. The new work/dojo schedule agrees with me--more time to sleep, more time to train, less panic to beat it across town while praying a good solid lane-closing wreck doesn't screw me over. This upgrade in training time is going to be responsible for so much more progress, because I can hit volume previously impossible due to time constraints. 

Food

The good news is I think I have beaten back Anarchy. Bad news is we now have the opposite problem, let's call it Communism. Fiber levels are a smidge too low.

The problem is three-fold:

Choosing foods that are high enough in fiber to hit 20-25g

Choosing foods that do not produce enough gas to engage in chemical warfare

Choosing a variety of foods that do the above so I do not develop yet another intolerance, damnit

That's all fine and good, but this is a hard goal to track. The best I can figure is fiber averages and a rolling count of Good Days (upgraded from being concerned with Anarchy to also being concerned with Chemical Warfare) is the way to give myself feedback for what I'm doing right/wrong.

Fiber: 0

Days Since Last Incident: 0

Aikido

Advanced class is going well so far, it's a challenge to come home after 10 two nights a week, but can't be helped. I didn't do well with outside dojo practice last month, and it's due in large part to not having my ducks in a row--first order of business is to actually arrange the technique videos such that they are easily identifiable, then try to re-establish some practice time. Evening time is even harder to come by now, boys and girls, so it may well have to happen at work.

Label Technique Videos

Practice: 0/4

Cleaning

Still not doing a great job of housekeeping, but it's slightly less bad than it was prior to April. I've just got to beat April now. Should still be a fairly low bar to clear...

Bathroom - 3

Bedroom - 5

Living Room - 6

Kitchen - 3

Now with bonus missions that are mandatory and not part of the normal cleaning routine. 

Declutter Nightstand

Declutter Bedroom Desk

Declutter Kitchen Table

Schedule Vet Appointment

Price Out New Tires

Weekly Debriefs: 

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ixaera said:

I eat halo top

This is mainly unhelpful information for you, I fear

Looooool.

3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Ponder what my life would be like if I had this much free time all the time. Home by 5:00? What is this nonsense? And then proceed to do nothing at all with the extra free time.

Sounds like my life pre-lifting, alright....

• Like 1

4/30/2018

giphy.gif

Current Mood

Food

Fiber: 17 | 17

Days Since Last Incident: 5

Aikido

Label Technique Videos

Cleaning

Bathroom - 3 | 0

Bedroom - 5 | 0

Living Room - 6 | 0

Kitchen - 3 | 0

Declutter Nightstand

Declutter Bedroom Desk

Declutter Kitchen Table

Schedule Vet Appointment

Price Out New Tires

Bench

45         5

70         5

80         3

90         1

97         1

102      5x1

OHP

45         5

50         5

60         3

70         1

75         1

80         1

82         1--PR + 2!!

60         3x3

I finally got evidence on video that I can OHP >80lbs, so that was neat. I had work to do at work.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

In the dojo we played with kumitachi 1 and 2, which was a rapid-fire loop of 1 and 2, switch roles and a test of capacity to death-grip a bokken for an hour-ish.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Urgan said:

OHP

45         5

50         5

60         3

70         1

75         1

80         1

82         1--PR + 2!!

60         3x3

I finally got evidence on video that I can OHP >80lbs, so that was neat. I had work to do at work.

I'm seriously impressed! OHP is ROUGH! I can't even imagine pushing 80# above my head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

5/1/2018

giphy.gif

Inside view of my digestion around 2PM

Food

Fiber: 17 | 17

Days Since Last Incident: 0

Aikido

Label Technique Videos

Cleaning

Bathroom - 3 | 0

Bedroom - 5 | 0

Living Room - 6 | 0

Kitchen - 3 | 0

Declutter Nightstand

Declutter Bedroom Desk

Declutter Kitchen Table

Schedule Vet Appointment

Price Out New Tires

Guys. Guys. I am so disappoint. I hadn't had a BM since Sunday and my bodyweight in the morning was 119.2lbs (if not a lifetime PR, close), so it wasn't like I wasn't eating enough lol. I was fine-ish until 1-2PM, just a little gas, just after I had my lunch. Food consumed in this period was 1.5 week old chicken and green bean stir fry, .25 cup dark chocolate-covered raisins, 3-4 Tbsp sauerkraut, and .3 cup sunflower seeds (simple roasted seeds, not covered in syrup). About fifteen minutes after the sunflower seeds were consumed...total and utter Anarchy. It was bad, guys. Embarrassed someone entered the stall next to me bad.

I said screw it and had some chocolate-covered expresso beans a couple hours before leaving work (made by Sprouts, same as the raisins) and dinner was carbonara (with gluten-free spaghetti, of course). To my surprise, after that was a second BM of the Articles variety--specifically much like the type of BM I had before starting this fitnessing thing--difficult to pass, pebble-like. Mmkay. Well, say goodbye to that winning trend. Problem is, I cannot recreate 1.5 week old chicken green bean stirfry, I added the sauerkraut back to my diet, and not sure how often I've have that many sunflower seeds. But I'm going to do the best I can to recreate this scenario. Sans the raisins. Same quantity of sunflower seeds. I figure whatever I did bad has passed, so we can start experimenting knowing that everything eaten up to 5/1 is far enough along or out of my system that it won't haunt me later.

This morning I bought myself some M&Ms on the fly to replace the raisins--weird, I know. @Sam Ashen dubbed this a reverse substitution and it's gonna have to work for the moment. Why go after the raisins? Because there's two possibilities why they might be the problem--first, there might be issues with the milk content in the chocolate (at one point I felt pretty confident that their dark chocolate wafers were prompting issues of this nature--yes, either way you look at it, I'm an idiot, I know), and second fruit miiiiight be linked with these episodes, several times when I've encountered Anarchy that dried pear and apple slices were eaten the day before or day of. Guess what I haven't eaten any of for a while (aside from the raisins, of course...)? That's right, pears and apples. This is just a theory and correlation is not causation and it's all the dosage, etc etc etc. But we'll see if I've been setting myself up for cyclical problems or what. 

In other news unrelated to BMs.....I made forward progress on decluttering my nightstand (opened mail and threw away the unnecessary bits) and backward progress on the bedroom desk (SHORT SLEEVE CLOTHES GET). I am getting pretty good at this egg-frying business. I slept way too much, but at least my husband had cereal several hours before and developed a lovely stomach bug an hour before dinner was ready so he wasn't hungry!

tl;dr

I hate Tuesdays, guys.

12 hours ago, ixaera said:

YAAASSSSSSSS

tenor.gif?itemid=4651647

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm seriously impressed! OHP is ROUGH! I can't even imagine pushing 80# above my head.

I've decided I like OHP. It uses the least weight of the Big Four, but I feel stronger than I do with bench. I'm this close to turning bench into an accessory lift. I wouldn't get rid of it entirely because I heart shoulder stability.

• Like 2

Gym today was eventful. We gots the classic Old Man Stares During Deadlifts Because What Are Those, I Guess? When I was in the locker room getting changed, a woman complimented me on my attendance as one does (do I go to the gym"every day?"...well, uh...), asked if I swim. Guys, I was wearing a shirt that says "Moving Weight" in big white letters on a dark grey background. Looks like this

giphy.gif

The woman at the front desk mistook my rolled down knee sleeves for pool ankle weights once and another time thought I was a swimmer and informed me the pool was closed that day and I'm like, so? What is with people confusing me for someone who swims?

Not wearing swimming attire/gear.

Not wet.

Changing directly from not-wet not-swimming attire to regular clothes (they're all piled next to me in plain view). 

I'm waiting for somebody to make a related comment while I'm wearing my "barbells are magical" shirt.....

• Like 1