2 hours ago, ixaera said:

LITTLE KITTY GET BETTER PLEASE

tenor.gif?itemid=8283988

Hallelujah praise be to Mom's chicken and rice.

Actually Harley nibbled a little cat food first, but he really ate the chicken (I shared my dinner, y'all.). All around this he was really really talkative in a way he's never been. Hunger complaining or has something good actually come of this? Not sure. I told Mike to go get something from Jim 'N Nicks so this sick arsehole got pressure cooked chicken thigh and brisket. He's playing fetch again (the hallmark of cat health, I think you will agree). So. Looking up? All that's missing is other cat abuse.

• Like 3

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

ALL HAIL THE CHICKEN AND RICE \o/

That is a 500% great update!!!  You must feel so relieved.  Goddamnit cats why are you LIKE THIS (but we love you so much cats pls don't get sick)

• Haha 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

5/11/2018 - 5/13/2018

giphy.gif

Cat = me;

hat = a good day

Food

Fiber:  20 | 15, 16, 20

Days Since Last Incident: 8

Aikido

Label Technique Videos

Practice: 1/4

Cleaning

Bathroom - 3 | 3

Exchanging old things for new things

Bedroom - 5 | 6

Changing bedsheets

Living Room - 6 | 5

Kitchen - 3 | 2

Declutter Nightstand

Declutter Bedroom Desk

Declutter Kitchen Table

Schedule Vet Appointment

Price Out New Tires - not happening this month, I think you know why 

Friday

OHP

45         2x5

55         3

67         1

71         3x2--2RM PR + 1!!

Bench

45         5

55         5

65         3

75         3

85         3x1

93         5x3

Friday started off good and went essentially to shit. Good in that the gym was productive, as you can see. Work was slow after a small burst of activity early on. I decided to go work from home as a result. Vet shenanigans ensued. Gotta love showing up in PJs and old prescription glasses when you should be out getting groceries but you know that isn't going to happen. Did I mention Shark Week picked this day to start? 

Suggested via phone (because logistics) to my husband that he needs a better coping mechanism because life is just going to throw shit at you and we can't be going crazy over stuff like this.

Saturday

Squat

45           10

105         5

120         3

140         3

160         1

186         5x2

Deadlift

135         5

140         3

160         3

180         1

210         3x2

You know this was a good time. I actually did feel remarkably comfortable under 186lbs, all things considered. The last set was pretty hard, but the others were fine. Five sets because waiting for dad. He had to kill some termite swarm and rescue a cat from the neighbor's jungle gym because the neighbor cat Todd decided to tree her there (don't feel bad, our mom cat chases Todd around on the daily--it was about time for the tables to turn)--all this after pruning two bushes with branches nearly an inch thick. Then he lifted lol. One might say his session was a little subpar, but you can imagine why that might be.

As mentioned earlier, we got the cat to eat a little bit and he's nearly back to normal. Not exactly inhaling cat kibble or running around yet, but everything else is as it should be. 

Sunday

Oh well this was just the best day ever. Got most of my chores done before 3 because we met my parents at the Cheesecake Factory. Do you know what is the worst place on earth to be if you have trouble digesting dairy and gluten? Yeah. Did you know even their broccoli has gluten in it and it can only be dealt with by choosing another vegetable? Yeah.

...Yeah.

Got diarrhea anyway (Monday) because the damn mashed potatoes had dairy in them but after waiting 2 hours and standing around for about half of that with a headache (hunger? Shark Week? Awful music? WHO KNOWS) I was not getting full on salmon and green beans, you follow? Let's play that Russian Roulette because we can't go much over a week without BM trouble, no sir no ma'am. 

Oh and when we got home? The air conditioner was struggling. Yippee. Pretty sure this is how we found out the unit was needing a recharge, after coming back from a family gathering. Pretty sure this is someone's way of telling me to never go back to Cheesecake. Pretty sure. 

Also, my husband is still moping about the cat because everything is not perfect and staring at the thermostat and checking the outside unit like that's going to fix fuck all and I would pay $600 just for some PEACE, PEOPLE. My patience is just completely shot

SHOT

to the point that I don't even care if we have to finance a $6,000 unit at this point. What an ironic way for God to take the sting out of having to replace the heat and A/C units simultaneously. Also see Friday's comments--I refuse to lose my shit over stuff that just can't be helped.

20 hours ago, shaar said:

ALL HAIL THE CHICKEN AND RICE \o/

That is a 500% great update!!!  You must feel so relieved.  Goddamnit cats why are you LIKE THIS (but we love you so much cats pls don't get sick)

I am 100% optimistic that it will be only a matter of time before everything is back to normal. However, Some People are hellbent on being utterly miserable until life is perfect and we can't be having this. It's not good enough to see him looking normal, eating bits of human food, and playing with the water bowl after being so ill a week ago. Can you tell I am tired of having to field, "But I just wish he would eat." WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO ABOUT THIS THAT YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH MAKING US BOTH MISERABLE PRAY TELL??

• Like 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

7MD6k.gif

Somebody actually found video of me reading this update. I do not know how.

Anyway, good grief. There is just no rest for you here. Like, I dunno, you'd think that your parents would know about your dietary foibles. It sounds like it wasn't dangerous, which I'm glad for, but I'm kind of flabbergasted that your family would take you someplace where the food is pretty much just bound to provoke a reaction.

Like, if you were gonna have to stand and endure headaches and Shark Week and all that, at least take you someplace where the food can be comforting. Like a barbecue joint or something. I've been to Atlanta, I know you gotta have a good joint around there somewhere.

3 hours ago, Urgan said:

Also see Friday's comments--I refuse to lose my shit over stuff that just can't be helped.

That's very wise. It's interesting that something so self-evident can be so hard for people to grasp. I know I struggle with that sometimes, but it's really the better choice, and it is a choice. Like, it's healthy to admit that something sucks and you don't like it, but to mope over it continuously isn't useful and certainly doesn't breed the equanimity one needs to deal with the shit when it comes.

Like not being able to find a hug gif that my computer will let me post.

"These are the times that try men's souls," indeed.

But yeah. It's gonna be okay.

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Anyway, good grief. There is just no rest for you here. Like, I dunno, you'd think that your parents would know about your dietary foibles. It sounds like it wasn't dangerous, which I'm glad for, but I'm kind of flabbergasted that your family would take you someplace where the food is pretty much just bound to provoke a reaction.

Like, if you were gonna have to stand and endure headaches and Shark Week and all that, at least take you someplace where the food can be comforting. Like a barbecue joint or something. I've been to Atlanta, I know you gotta have a good joint around there somewhere.

I didn't think of it until after we'd committed and mom wanted to go there. She's dealt with some shit lately, herself. Distant relative tried to commit suicide after a miscarriage, having to communicate with her sister (an activity eligible for PTSD designation, she is CRAZY), and some other minor nonsense so the whole point was just to show up. We had no way of knowing freaking BROCCOLI can't be made gluten-free. 

Long story short, I was attempting to adult. 

31 minutes ago, Kishi said:

That's very wise. It's interesting that something so self-evident can be so hard for people to grasp. I know I struggle with that sometimes, but it's really the better choice, and it is a choice. Like, it's healthy to admit that something sucks and you don't like it, but to mope over it continuously isn't useful and certainly doesn't breed the equanimity one needs to deal with the shit when it comes.

He has adopted his mother's coping strategy, which is to say none at all. Three decades of being taught to fly to pieces at the slightest adversity doesn't get undone in a week....darnit. File this one under Trees You Should Have Seen Coming, Tarzan. 

But thanks, it is going to shake out, it just may require a small fortune to expedite. 

• Like 3

5/14/2018

giphy.gif

It's clearly gonna be  a Week

Food

Fiber:  14 | 14

Days Since Last Incident: 0

Aikido

Label Technique Videos

Cleaning

Bathroom - 3 | 3

Bedroom - 5 | 6

Living Room - 6 | 5

Kitchen - 3 | 2

Declutter Nightstand

Declutter Bedroom Desk

Declutter Kitchen Table

Schedule Vet Appointment

Price Out New Tires - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bench

45         3

65         3

75         3

85         3

98         2x3--3RM PR + 1!!

85         2x3

OHP

45         3

50         3

55         3

65         3

71         3--3RM PR + 1!!

65         6x3

At least gym was good?? The aforementioned BM trouble struck, predictably, and work was dull as dirt. 

GUESS WHAT, GUYS? We're spending probably $5-600 anyway because my husband's car repair that he spontaneously needed last Thursday is going to cost about that much--and that's with the family discount. 

giphy.gif

Aikido was chokes, which was fitting as Hell.

2 minutes ago, ixaera said:

ARGLBARGL

Not the gif I was looking for but lol this baby

tenor.gif?itemid=5976495

So apparently trolls are real then?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Urgan said:

GUESS WHAT, GUYS? We're spending probably $5-600 anyway because my husband's car repair that he spontaneously needed last Thursday is going to cost about that much--and that's with the family discount. 

36 minutes ago, Urgan said:

So apparently trolls are real then?

I mean...

3 minutes ago, Kishi said:

I mean...

That might explain the intake manifold thing farting up that will burn the engine in a car up if not fixed and while the part isn't expensive, it's a bastard to deal with, so the labor costs are crazy. $1000 crazy, normally.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Urgan said:

That might explain the intake manifold thing farting up that will burn the engine in a car up if not fixed and while the part isn't expensive, it's a bastard to deal with, so the labor costs are crazy. $1000 crazy, normally.

Yeah, that's where they get you. They may have a point, as most car parts are fit so tightly that they are generally bastards to deal with. I know that's what they want to do to my car, but the second opinion I have disputes what the dealership wants, and anyway I ain't got $1K to spare.

• Like 1

I saw this

49 minutes ago, ixaera said:

ARGLBARGL

And was expecting this

135891.jpg

Whoops..........

Dude, you are having a WEEK.  Can we cancel this week?  Someone?  Anyone?  Bueller????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Yeah, that's where they get you. They may have a point, as most car parts are fit so tightly that they are generally bastards to deal with. I know that's what they want to do to my car, but the second opinion I have disputes what the dealership wants, and anyway I ain't got $1K to spare.

It's hard to make a confident decision when you don't trust the people you pay to be experts. My husband works in a car shop, so an error code reader is practically in arm's reach and a second opinion is in the family, so that makes it a lot easier to believe one is not being screwed up, down, and sideways. The error that your car is throwing should answer the question of whether it is intake manifold (sensor) or something else. Although these things can sometimes be as tricksy as debugging C#.

7 minutes ago, shaar said:

Dude, you are having a WEEK.  Can we cancel this week?  Someone?  Anyone?  Bueller????

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Breaking News: There has been a break in the suck. I have that J - O - B interview scheduled this week and that intake manifold repair? It's going to cost nearly half again as much as we thought. However. Apparently it was part of a hush-hush recall that should have been more public and the guys at our car shop have a way of twisting arms (this happened to my dad's car for a unrelated make, model, and part), sooooo we aren't paying anything for this in the final analysis.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Breaking News: There has been a break in the suck. I have that J - O - B interview scheduled this week and that intake manifold repair? It's going to cost nearly half again as much as we thought. However. Apparently it was part of a hush-hush recall that should have been more public and the guys at our car shop have a way of twisting arms (this happened to my dad's car for a unrelated make, model, and part), sooooo we aren't paying anything for this in the final analysis.  

Excellent news on both counts!

I hope Harley is continuing to recover and Mike is calming down about it. Dumbledore is like that about pets too. He has "SUCKER" tatooed on his forehead visible only to animals. Just like Mike, he gets totally unreasonable when worried about them. I get it that he cares a lot. I don't get letting other things slide because he is worried.

Congrats on the PRs last week!

• Like 1

Level 76  Viking paladin

My current challenge  Battle log 

15 hours ago, Urgan said:

good luck on your interview! what day is it?

that same thing happened to me with a recall except that I had already paid $750 for a repair that didn't work, but at least the actual eventual fix was free???? It's always a relief when something can be replaced free.

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

good luck on your interview! what day is it?

that same thing happened to me with a recall except that I had already paid $750 for a repair that didn't work, but at least the actual eventual fix was free???? It's always a relief when something can be replaced free.

It's Thursday, the same day as a going-away lunch for a member of our team. You could say morale has a few Issues here.

My brother-in-law actually did a look-up on it and figured out it was basically a soft recall--i.e., if you know where to look you can find it, but the general public who aren't part of a Car Clan would never know. Father-in-law knows a guy on the Inside of Volkswagen who helped twist arms to get us a full coverage refund of the amount we'll have to up-front. This is like, making up for the rest of my life where heretofore I never had a single connection to anyone who might be Helpful ever. I'll try to see how he found out about the recall so you might be able to relive this magic. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

My brother-in-law actually did a look-up on it and figured out it was basically a soft recall--i.e., if you know where to look you can find it, but the general public who aren't part of a Car Clan would never know. Father-in-law knows a guy on the Inside of Volkswagen who helped twist arms to get us a full coverage refund of the amount we'll have to up-front. This is like, making up for the rest of my life where heretofore I never had a single connection to anyone who might be Helpful ever. I'll try to see how he found out about the recall so you might be able to relive this magic. 

MAGIC IS REAL

w2.gif

10 minutes ago, shaar said:

MAGIC IS REAL

w2.gif

So apparently it involved searching out the part and warranty/recall to figure it out via forum scuttlebutt, so sorry I thought maybe there was a page where it was posted. But hey, that's a thing you can do, too, right?? 

Examples:

http://volkswagenownersclub.com/vw/showthread.php/57938-P2015-Check-Engine-Light-Parts-Warranty!#/topics/57938

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6118285-Intake-manifold-Injector-warranty-extensions#/topics/6118285?page=6

17 hours ago, Mistr said:

Excellent news on both counts!

I hope Harley is continuing to recover and Mike is calming down about it. Dumbledore is like that about pets too. He has "SUCKER" tatooed on his forehead visible only to animals. Just like Mike, he gets totally unreasonable when worried about them. I get it that he cares a lot. I don't get letting other things slide because he is worried.

Congrats on the PRs last week!

Thanks. He actually is, finally, mostly because he sees the cat eating a little bit more every day. There's caring and then there's crazy. We're trying not to swerve right into crazytown.

• Like 1

5/15/2018 + 5/16/2018

giphy.gif

My fondest wish

Food

Fiber:  20 | 24, 22

Days Since Last Incident: 2

Aikido

Label Technique Videos

Cleaning

Bathroom - 3 | 3

Bedroom - 5 | 6

Living Room - 6 | 5

Kitchen - 3 | 2

Declutter Nightstand

Declutter Bedroom Desk

Declutter Kitchen Table

Schedule Vet Appointment

Price Out New Tires - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Squat

45           3

125         3

150         3

160         1

176         3x3

Deadlift

140         3

160         3

190         1

200         3

170         3x3

Tuesday was a day. It happened. I ate fiber and didn't have BM trouble, otherwise you know the main bits of any significance. Except for the part where I tried to make a new recipe and it went so horribly wrong we ended up eating dinner at 10PM. Nothing about the recipe was a fail, I was. As in, cannot read the words on the page. So that was good.

Wednesday was a gym day. I felt groggy, I felt Off, the lifts were trash in motion. But that 176lbs is technically a gym 3RM PR and so is that 200lb deadlift. It might have helped to have taken an equal grip on the last ramp-up deadlift set. The longest most boring day at work ever in the history of space-time happened. Then the power went out to the entirety of the Mountain so we did Aikido to the light of phone cameras like we were re-enacting something. There were as many black belts as there were anybody else, which was funny because the black belts that were practicing were making funny noises and hurting one another (fingernails were lost in the making of this session) throughout, and in the near-dark this made it hard to concentrate for wanting to figure out what was going on over there. Also there was no A/C or water, which is always good on a rainy humid night. We briefly discussed the merits of the manual vacuum cleaner since, due to the power loss there was to be no dojo cleaning. The power flickered on at amusing times, such as when the bell was rung to end class.

54 minutes ago, Urgan said:

The power flickered on at amusing times, such as when the bell was rung to end class.

I feel this could be a good anecdote of Most Life Things Lately.  Ugh.

• Like 2