1 minute ago, shaar said:

jesus hornblower christ

;____________________;

WHEN WILL IT END

Roughly around the same time that I do, methinks.

That lemon suppository? Yeah dude took two this morn. GTFO.

2 minutes ago, shaar said:

This sounds perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See above, also some genius broke our work email so my desire to do annnnnything this week just took a dive. It only gets better from here, folks.

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

4 minutes ago, Urgan said:

That lemon suppository? Yeah dude took two this morn. GTFO.

HASHBROWN EAT SHIT GERALD

UGGGHHHHHhhhhh people.

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

16 minutes ago, Urgan said:

See above, also some genius broke our work email so my desire to do annnnnything this week just took a dive. It only gets better from here, folks.

"Sorry, I can leave you documentation on how to fix this, or fix this.  Which would you prefer?"

And then cackle evilly.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

12 minutes ago, shaar said:

HASHBROWN EAT SHIT GERALD

UGGGHHHHHhhhhh people.

I'm just over at the other end of the table giggling because

LAST WEEK DEGAF

10 minutes ago, Kishi said:

It's so touching, how your coworkers are reminding you of every reason you have for leaving this job.

#hrhrhrhrhrhrhrhr

Everything from the bathrooms to the workflow "process" is doing this and it's great. By the time Friday comes the very last little sentiment I have will be crushed and skeletonized like the dead bird in the parking lot.

Just now, RisenPhoenix said:

"Sorry, I can leave you documentation on how to fix this, or fix this.  Which would you prefer?"

And then cackle evilly.

I was just told I had something else available to test. Guess who doesn't care? I'm struggling to think of a good reason to get waist deep in another thing to test when it's going to be passed on to some other sap soon anyway. 

• Like 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

6/18/2018

giphy.gif

One more week...

Try kimchi

Sink

Renew car tags - happening next week due to MONEY

Gym was a repeat of last week's Monday session. Work was a game of how tied one can get one's hands. Aikido was no because I forgot my gi at home and it just ended my ability to adapt, improvise, and/or overcome. Went home and to bed. The most unexciting, unenergetic day ever.

6/19/2018 + 6/20/2018

giphy.gif

Think they'll get it?

Try kimchi

Sink

Renew car tags 

Keeping the expectations low for this week going into New Job Time. I'm just ambulating and attempting a repeat of last week, more or less. Wednesday gym was the same squats and deads as last Wednesday. Found my away message. See above. I figure it says it all with all the plausible deniability. Did the Aikido where we ryotetori'd our kaitenage all over the place. The rolling out was hilariously full of fail. What is ukemi anyway? Wednesday I turned out the light and went to sleep in that order. 

Today and tomorrow are half days because Done. I probably have PTO for it, we'll see. I'm at a place where it really doesn't matter that much either way. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shaar said:

Hell yeah ALL THE HALF DAYS.

What're they gonna do, FIRE YOU?!!?!

Can't fire me if they never hired me.....but that's a technicality. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Urgan said:

Wednesday I turned out the light and went to sleep in that order. 

woooooo, all the true adulting lol

23 hours ago, Urgan said:

Today and tomorrow are half days because Done. I probably have PTO for it, we'll see. I'm at a place where it really doesn't matter that much either way. 

i would, and I'd put in half effort >_>

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

25 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

i would, and I'd put in half effort >_>

If I were more bitter, I might do. However, someone not part of this team will be hired to replace me and that person doesn't deserve manufactured chaos. So far as I will know. You know what they say about hatred. ....I'm really trying my hardest to serenity/serendipity now, guys. 3 more hours and 1-2 meetings to go.

• Like 3

6/21/2018

giphy.gif

IT ME

Try kimchi

Sink

Renew car tags 

Goodbye lunch was today. Nobody I didn't want to show up was there, so that was the win of the day. Came home and collapsed into bed. Much nap, such sleep. Last day jitters hit hard. So many mixed feelings that helped keep me up to stupid o'clock.

...those feelings were pounded in the face and smeared down 10 miles of road during said meeting in the previous post. So much extra BS coming down that I deftly stepped out of way of with departing this week. I could not be more happy to leave NOW if I am to leave. Still miss some people, buuuuuut 110% Will Cope.

• Like 4

6/22/2018 + 6/23/2018

giphy.gif

Not pictured: Assholes

Sink

Try kimchi

Renew car tags 

Let me attempt to do this last 48 hours justice. Strap yourself in, kids. Grab your security blankets. It's Story Time.

* clears throat *

First of all, I forgot to mention that my goodbye lunch on Thursday was at a semi-common Mexican chain that is NOT the garbage heap SQA and programming typically frequents. Also it lacked taquitos on the menu and I felt Order Pressure, so I just ordered chimichangas. Chimichangas, if you weren't aware, are prepared with flour tortillas. I realized this when I was served them. So....yeah. Compensated by eating the tortilla on one and carving out the insides of the other. Somehow a miracle occurred and I was not stricken with diarrhea. Between then and now, NONE. Nothing but perfect bathroom experience. And this is a weekend of experimentation. I have sampled the plain cocokefir (imagine yogurt taste with zero viscosity). It was fine. Better than fine. I am quite pleased. 

Okay enough of the good-feels, back to work. Friday gym was another repeat and it didn't feel awesome--mostly a mediocre time. Stress was in all likelihood the culprit, due to the fact that I had at most 3 hours of sleep and it was Last Day. Despite everything, I had a lot of mixed feelings ever since Thursday about this day. There is a LOT of nonsense I am thrilled to see the back of--even MORE of which I learned about riiiiiight up until the last minute, no less. But my team in Implementations were mostly solid people. They didn't deserve the chaos descending on them for lack of a stable, dedicated QA person to handle their stuff. So spare a thought for them and having to deal with that when they had no power to help me. 

Right away first thing Friday morning, QA meeting time In the Hole, as I affectionately call it. I arrived 10 minutes late because fuck it. Yes it was the last day and yes I had nothing to gain by going. I thought we'd be updating on what was on our plates. Nope. It was the Soapbox Half-hour News Hour. A bunch of bullshit yapping from a wannabe manager (who probably WILL be manager of the department soon. SHUDDER) about how to handle defects and the actual manager comes in and disembowels the simplistic procedural nonsense (hey, if there's a bunch of cosmetic issues on one thing, they can be grouped together), confusing the wannabe who was Explaining this thing to everyone. That was funny. 

And then. The fun began. Wannabe passed the rhetorical mic to my little near-HR nightmare, we'll call him Jackass. You remember. The one passing notes like we're KGB agents. 

So.

Get this. He had prepared a handout that everyone else but me and the manager had because we were late getting down to the hole. So he passes us copies and mine.

Mine has a note on it. "Best of luck - P" the P might as well stand for Plausible Deniability, guys.

I look down and notice the note. I do not touch the handout. I do not pick it up. I do nothing with it. I don't have any reason to, I'm leaving in 2 hours. The actual subject matter of his little blah blah speech is a thing that is on the test environment affecting certain programs that would cause one to have to go to extra trouble after each and every change a programmer makes to the program in question. But the thing is. It's only on the test system. That nobody uses. The threat is it will come to production side, but this is just so fucking classic Jackass. He stirs up some shit that doesn't actually matter yet BUT IT SOON WILL MATTER. YOU WILL CARE ABOUT THIS THING THAT ISN'T A THING YET. CARE DAMNIT. I MATTER.

So I sit back and smirk because none of this matters. And when Wannabe takes back the invisible rhetorical mic and adjourns the meeting of worthlessness, I nearly jump the table to get out of there and back to safety ASAP. I heard somebody stop Jackass to ask him a question, and I throw on the gas. 

The rest of my day consists of me wrapping up loose ends. About T - 1.5 hours, I amble into the Implementation manager's office to talk about this and/or that. And guess who shows up. Jackass. For SOME reason he had some compulsion to come up and inform me that that meeting was a disaster, more or less. I was more than happy to agree that yes, yes it was. Something sparked in his brain to make him walk away. Maybe it was the "you're interrupting us" vibes I was throwing at him--the barely polite acknowledgement that he said words and giving nothing whatsoever to work with to keep oxygen in a conversation. And then IMP manager asks what was up between Jackass and I, because the whole R&D department knew we talked once upon a time. 

And so I told her. All of it.

Okay fine, cool. Back to my desk I go.

Another hour-ish passes. IMP Manager closes her doors to interview my might-be replacement.

I stand up and go to the door for something--bathroom, maybe?--and here comes Jackass. I about-face and head back to my desk, hoping he either isn't coming into Implementations or my very act of turning away would turn him back. Nay. Nay, in he comes. Having ignored three passive/polite signs he Is Not Wanted Here.

"As time rapidly draws to a clos--" I hear his stupid voice and whip around.

"GET." and I point to the door.

He closes his mouth and opens it again. "I will never look for you or--"

"DOOR." More pointing.

He retreats behind my cube wall and leans back for yet a third (6th?) attempt.

"NO, GET!"

Finally. FINALLY his ass leaves. And we can all of us agree he earned this response. 

Now picture this. Jackass has left and there's only one other person in this area because 1 guy is on vacation, 1 girl is Working from Home, and 1 guy is hungover sulking at home because he always does when someone leaves (he's a jealous, miserable alcoholic and that is no exaggeration). That just leaves one person, poor girl. I told her a bit about this guy before and recapped for her, gesturing and cursing as I react to what has just happened. Keep in mind this dude is interviewing with IMP Manager with a glass wall between us. I swear he had to have seen SOMETHING. But IMP Manager insisted she heard nothing. So I told her what had happened and suggested to her that HR measures might be required. We decided it wasn't worth the trouble at this point but it might be a thing someone else will have to deal with because it was like, 30 minutes before time for me to leave for good by this point. The warning has been given.

They gave me a going-away card, which was really nice and I hate that there were some people on PTO this week, because I'd have liked to see them beforehand, but we said our goodbyes early. Kind of sad. But I got my positive walk-out, which was what I really wanted. I sat in the car for a few minutes before leaving and it felt like finishing a video game or long book. Okay that is finished. Now what? It's kind of a sad feel. Not to the point of crying, just wistful. Hard to feel good about stepping out into the great unknown.

Today was an 11 hour sleep kind of day. Apparently. I didn't have any say in the matter, due to my body just sorta dictating it. Didn't help my lifts, they were terrible but I managed a repeat of last Saturday's session, if poorer quality. Also I tried kimchi. This is the most cabbage I have ever had in my gut ever. I get food from Panda Express every Saturday as a ritual of convenience and have lately wanted to get more fiber in my weekend. They have mixed veggies there. But I like fried rice and the veggies have water so getting half and half results in soggy mushy rice. So I do what any halfway decent powerlifter would in this situation. I get a full portion of both and eat it all. And then on top of that, kimchi sampling. It's North Korean mild variety and is actually okay. I have been scared of the stuff for years, but without the spicy edge it goes down just fine. Later on I might have more cocokefir and/or a tiny smidge of dried fruit. Pray for my small intestine. 

• Like 5

6/24/2018 

giphy.gif

Me coping with new things

Sink

Try kimchi

Renew car tags 

This was the T-1 before New Job so you know it was a do all the things and panic kinda time. I did manage to clean sink and toilet, so there is that. Nothing went horribly wrong. The End.

• Like 2

6/25/2018 + 6/26/2018

giphy.gif

Arriving large and in charge

I see no real reason for a to do list this week, other than like maybe SURVIVE. 

Bench

45         5

60         5

70         5

80         5

98         2

88.5      3x5

OHP

45         2x5

55         5

60         5

67         2

65         5x5

Monday I was able to come in at 9, so I did all the sets of OHP. Nearly killed myself, guys. When you do your entire bench session in 20 minutes and then try to do the same with OHP, your triceps tendon is prone to nope right out of that shit. Specifically my left one. So I moved my iPod armband to the left arm and finished the last two sets. Did not die, but did skip out of elbow-mangling technique in Aikido--everything from intercepting the attack to the pin involved man-handling an elbow, so yeah I just sat and watched other people hurt other people. First day was pretty okay. Felt lost, shook a lot hands, said much the same thing umpteen times. You know, standard stuff. I got my desk and my computer and all the things immediately, found a defect on Day 1 with absolutely zero company-specific knowledge. Not the worst way to open out as QA. 

Tuesday was like a hangover only without any alcohol or special fun beforehand. A direct slap to the face, nothing less. Got my cube all set up and such. I have a view of the OUTSIDE, y'all. I can see grass. And sunshine. And be blinded by said sunshine bouncing off parked cars lol. But still. That alone beats the hell out of where I was. Also there is a gym somewhere on the premises, I just have to be brave enough to scuttle off and find it. Anyone else have this problem? 

On 6/24/2018 at 6:45 PM, ixaera said:

There's a place around here that does it with daikon radish instead of cabbage and I love it

You will OWN the great unkown

100% would try. 

I'm not sure about OWNing, but I will shoot for not sucking, yes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kishi said:

Wow, after that last day, that first day must have been a breeze. Way to make a good entrance. Hope Jackass is no further trouble. You know what to do if he does - after all, he won't have policy to save him.

Off to the next adventure!

If Jackass shows up, there will be need for police, fire, and possibly ambulance personnel. 

I'm already neck deep in all the things over here like I've been here 2 months+.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 9:31 PM, Urgan said:

"As time rapidly draws to a clos--" I hear his stupid voice and whip around.

"GET." and I point to the door.

He closes his mouth and opens it again. "I will never look for you or--"

"DOOR." More pointing.

He retreats behind my cube wall and leans back for yet a third (6th?) attempt.

"NO, GET!"

Oh my actual gosh I would have paid real cash money to see this.

THIS GUY.  SERIOUSLY?!!?!  HE MATTERS THOUGH HE MATTERS good grief don't let the door hit ya where the good lort split ya dude BYE 5EVER

On 6/27/2018 at 12:41 PM, Urgan said:

I have a view of the OUTSIDE, y'all. I can see grass. And sunshine. And be blinded by said sunshine bouncing off parked cars lol.

I have this and it's given me migraines in the past.  That 3pm sun off of car windshields and the white building out my window HOO BOY YEOWCH.  I generally re-seat myself a liiiittle to the left in the summer to avoid this...............

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

2 minutes ago, shaar said:

Oh my actual gosh I would have paid real cash money to see this.

THIS GUY.  SERIOUSLY?!!?!  HE MATTERS THOUGH HE MATTERS good grief don't let the door hit ya where the good lort split ya dude BYE 5EVER

Technically, I said "GIT." Because the South and it is what you say to pests and varmints and such.  I am thankful I was given the foresight to think that this might happen, so it is actually in fact a thing I rehearsed in my head for in this event. Literally thought that given it was the last day, it would in fact be the day he would try to approach me one last time and damn if it weren't so.

5 minutes ago, shaar said:

I have this and it's given me migraines in the past.  That 3pm sun off of car windshields and the white building out my window HOO BOY YEOWCH.  I generally re-seat myself a liiiittle to the left in the summer to avoid this...............

We shall see what happens as the seasons pass. The window faces south-east--I'm hoping it won't ever get too bad?

• Like 1

6/27/2018 + 6/28/2018

giphy.gif

Current operating speed

Circa surviving. 

Squat

45            5

125         5

140         5

160         5

167         2

141      3x5

Deadlift

135         5

150         5

170         5

190         2

Wednesday was a struggle, but less so than Tuesday. I am logging bugs and taking names. Also trying to stop calling bugs "defects." Not that it would confuse anyone, it's just not what this system calls them. Related the hissy fit old work's programmers throw over the word "defects," which amused the guy I was talking to. This place is a lot more laid-back than old place. Not that that is hard to imagine, but it nevertheless comes as a relief. Conversely, they expect me to be up to speed like, yesterday lol. Not REALLY, but they're treating me like I have been here longer than I have, which is meant to encourage immersion? I think? That or they really think I know more than I do, in which case ULP. Aikido warmup included us helping one another do breakfalls, which I suck at particularly this week due to poor recovery leading to tight everything. I did not do them so well and so we got an entire class of breakfalling. ...RIP my hip. Explained I am protecting one side and we ended up with crash pads and I did them very well, proving the point. 

Thursday was a day. I found out I am demoing a page on the website (today)? That's a thing? I just saw it for the first time after finding that out, so you can imagine I was like, well this is gonna be the worst demo ever lol. Also it rained sideways. And I didn't nap until after dinner at which point I fell asleep until nearly 1 AM. The end is nigh, y'all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kishi said:

So, different stressors, it sounds like. Although they sound like systemic stressors rather than personal ones. Which in my experience is a lot more bearable than working with people you are at best indifferent toward.

Good luck with the demo!

Anything that is hooked into emotions is automatically worse, even the most minor of issues. I'd rather not sleep right for a week than one incident of elevated blood pressure because of getting upset.

Did demo, it were sad how little it turned out there was to say.

• Like 2